Button to upgrade to AE doesn't work (does nothing)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Quick

For some reason, when I try and upgrade to the AE, I try and press X and nothing happens. I've tried with mouse and keyboard and with my controller and neither work. I've also tried deactivating all of my mods and getting rid of all ENB info and it still doesn't work. Please help.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
Staff member
For some reason, when I try and upgrade to the AE, I try and press X and nothing happens. I've tried with mouse and keyboard and with my controller and neither work. I've also tried deactivating all of my mods and getting rid of all ENB info and it still doesn't work. Please help.

Let me see if I might be able to assist you, first some clarification questions.

What system are you on? You say you are pressing X, are you on a PS4/5?

Where are you upgrading AE from? Are you in either of the system marketplaces, or are you in Skyrim SE? (This could be an important distinction.)

I've heard and read some stuff about there being some slight hiccups in the upgrade process for system users, particularly those of the Playstation variety. I do believe you have to start Skyrim SE and be on the Main Menu of the game after you have purchased the upgrade. As long as you have purchased it, and your system and game are fully updated, you should be able to go into the Creation Club. From there all the items will be unlocked and ready for you to install/download. I'm not sure why or even if there is a manual install/download for everything like there is with the PC version.

I have not really found or heard any of the same issues among Xbox users however, nor PC users. So if you are using either of those, then I can try to dig a bit deeper and we can figure something out so that 20 bucks wasn't a waste.