Open BLEAK FALLS BARROW: The Golden Claw

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

iTRY

"No lollygagging!"
    OOC: This will be the thread for our quest to Bleak Falls Barrow, so now we can get out of The Bannered Mare lol

caravan guard

lone Khajiit
    Lyle Walks toward the stairs. Before going up he hears talking.Lyle peaks his head up to see a few bandits.
    "Wow i really didn't feel like killing anyone today, oh well". At that he walks causally up the stairs. He walks behind a bandit's back,he quickly slides his claws across her throat. The other bandit turned in Lyle's direction right in time to meet an Ebony knife in his throat.{Lyle likes to throw things :)} Then he calmly walks towards the entrance, ( killing the guards of course) he steps in to meet some draugr , They haven't noticed him so he jumps on the rock wall and begins to climb(slowly) As he reaches the top of one of the four support beams he crawls in the triangle shape in the center of the beam. Then he wraps his tail around the beam and his body(so he won't fall down) and he waits for warriors to come and clear out the Nordic zombies.

iTRY

"No lollygagging!"
    Xidane made his way from The Bannered Mare to the Whiterun Stables, stopping by Belethor's General Goods to stock up on a few supplies before heading out. Once at the stables, Xidane tipped Skulvar Sable-Hilt an extra ten septims before mounting his trusty friend Shadowmare...

Alaric

the Conqueror
    Alaric mad quick haste to the stables. Noticing the Khajit and Breton he had a confrontation with earlier he smiles and laughs to himself walking past them and twords the Carriage master of Whiterun, Bjorlam. "I have to make a trip. Watch my things while I am away Bjorlam." He said strapping his things into a chest, locking it with three locks on each side. Bjorlam responded quickly and with confusion, "Alaric why do I have to be your pack mule?" Alaric finished packing his things in the wagon, and taking only necessities he needs to survive and of course his blade. He would then laugh to himself. "Thanks my friend. I'll see you in about a weeks time." Bjorlam swore under his breathe unholy words and looks off annoyed. Alaric begins to walk down across the farms that are on the outskirts of Whiterun while shortly stopping to look back at Bjorlam and give him a wave. Bjorlam's only response was just a feint hand raise and a quick whip of the reins as he makes his journey north.

caravan guard

lone Khajiit
    Lyle continues to wait for warriors to come. The drouagr have grown in numbers surrounding a chest that appears to be glowing. "What is that?" Thought Lyle

Alaric

the Conqueror
    Alaric approaches the snowy mountain path which leads to the top twords Bleak Falls. The big ruins and support columns of ancient times still stand till this day and are covered in snow. Admiring his old Nord culture for a moment he sits on a nearby rock to take a sip of his water to quench his thirst. A few more mins go by and Alaric thinks to himself that he cannot waste anymore time, its gonna get darker and colder very soon. As he makes his way up the steps he sees that their are prints in the snow. Hard to make out he sees that someone has been here already. Unable to fully identify them as animal or humanoid because the snow and the wind are blowing like a monsoon. He treads the rest of the way carefully up the steps with his sword drawn and holding the big two hander in his right hand. As he approaches the entrance there is blood all over and bodies of bandits that have been killed with ease. He walks over to one of the dead bodies and bends down to pick out the Ebony Knife which cut straight through the jugular of this victim. "Bandits.." he said, "Fighting among themselves like animals. Dishonorable Nords.. All of them." he scolded to them even though they were lifeless bodies. Continuing on he approaches the entrance he is meet by Draugr.. Lots of them with their blue eyes glowing in the dark and shambling corpses walking slowly twords him with there ancient blades. "By Talos..." Alaric said with his sword now held tight in his hands ready to confront these horrid creatures of undeath. They speak in ancient tongue and rush forward to attack Alaric.
    ----Combat---
    One shambling corpse charged in and is now right on top of Alaric and it takes a full swing of its sword to try and decapitate him right off the start. With quick timing Alaric ducks down under the attack and counters with a upright swing of his blade which splits the dead zombie in half and the corpse corroding to dust as it melts into the snow. Another approaches from behind him, he swings his sword twords it decapitating it doing nothing, but making it angry he quickly slams his shoulder into it knocking it down the steps. One dragur slipped past his defenses and cuts right shoulder with a minor flesh wound. "Arrghh." He roared as he leaps twords the dragur swinging with the full strength of his weapon sending the top half of the body soaring through the cold air and into the crowd of its undead brethren all marching lifelessly twords Alaric. "Talos preserve me.." He says while backing up into a pillar he now sees that they come endlessly from the tomb, he is now trapped and awaits for the Shambling horde to come closer and get a taste of his blade. He gets into a defense stance with his sword now across his body ready to deflect any blows they may attempt to swing.

caravan guard

lone Khajiit
    Lyle sees the man " Alaric". "He seems to be in trouble" Lyle quickly unwraps himself and slides down to a lower perch right above Alaric."Alaric!!!! grab my hand there is a vantage point up here ( pointing to a balcony like perch with two nordic bows and arrows" Lyle hopes the human can climb without claws

Alaric

the Conqueror
    Alaric startled by the Khajit turns in a parry defense like he was an enemy. "You he shouted?" As he is completely taken by surprise. He turns around as the horde keep approaching. With ought much thought and quick reaction he sheathes his blade on his back and grabs hold of the Khajit's paw(hand dunno lol) who pulls him up a little higher. Alaric grabs hold to a stone that is loose on the column and quickly begins to pull himself up only to find it cannot hold his body and he almost looses his vantage and falls down into the horde. The Khajit uses his strength to give Alaric a little more of an edge and leaves him in a good starting position. Alaric finished the rest of the way climbing to the Vantage point. Grabbing one of the bows he takes a few arrows from the quiver throwing them in front of him and set easy so he is able to rapid fire into the Draugr. He begins to shoot the bow at any Draugr that is close and touching the column knocking a few down they seem unaffected as they are reproducing fast. "Now what? We gonna try and shoot them all? There are to many!" Alaric shouted out to the Khajit as he tried thinking of ideas while the undeath are only a half a giant under them in measurement. Awaiting the Khajit he keeps shooting into the wave of undead.

caravan guard

lone Khajiit
    Lyle was not the best archer but he knows he shot a few of the undead but they kept coming.
    "Alaric Aim for those chains holding the candle chandeliers " " My father told me almost all of the undead are killed by fire".
    Lyle pointed to the giant chandelier that was holding at least 45 candles that were lit.
    "But before you destroy the chandelier make sure to dump some meads on the undead heads" says Lyle as he throws mead at the grown under the undead.

Alaric

the Conqueror
    Alaric gives him a look like he was growing nuts from his ears. "Wh-what and waste all the mead like that? HA!" Alaric shouted. The Khajit turned to him and gave him a look of frustration. "Bah! By Talos!" he responded as he dropped the boy and reached into his satchel gathering the three bottles he had taken with him for the victory toast. Now he will have to give it up early as he tops the nobs off and begins to poor the bottles on the horde. Almost to the point of tears he cant believe he wasted good mead like that, trying to get a taste he licks the last bottle before throwing it down on them. If you had seen him you would swear you had seen a tear drop roll down his cheek. "You owe me some mead Khajit!" He shouted as he picked back up the bow and an arrow and aimed it at the chandeliers chain which resided just inside the entrance. Letting out a sigh of relief he relaxes himself for the shot, "I am ready when you are Khajit!" He yells.

caravan guard

lone Khajiit
    Lyle is amazed how much this man loves mead.
    "on sy(3) Uis(1) Don(2) Syyyyyy!!!!!!" At that Lyle releases his notched arrow. The arrows hit their target and the chandelier fell killing almost all of the horde. ( a few were not hit by the flames and are still waiting to kill Lyle and Alaric) (when I say Few I mean like 6) " What do you want to do now?" " go down into battle and take the obvious route probably rigged with traps or look for an alternate entrance"?

Alaric

the Conqueror
    Alaric leans back on the column and looks as Lyle and him have won victory on this night. The flames burn high and cover the entrance with shambling corpses walking about lit by the fire and collapsing into the snow, to burned to move anymore. The smell was horrible, but a moment of rest Alaric takes as he sits down and takes a piece of linen cloth to wrap around his shoulder to stop the bleeding and held it in his lap. "I'd say an alternate route. You scout ahead, You are more agile than I and are in far more condition to be jumping about." He explained. "I'll stay back and clean up my arm. Wouldn't want to loose it." He continued as he cleaned it with some water and rags before he began to wrap it up.

caravan guard

lone Khajiit
    " good Idea I'll be right back". At that Lyle jumped unto the support beam,using his claws he quickly climbed to the top.He analyzed the room. There was only one door,The door was made of iron with a strange symbol that Alaric probably would recognize ( OOC srry about Lyle's stereotypical beliefs he was raised in a land where Nords never dared to go, he was taught nords were warriors not friends) "I am not going to be walking into a trap so maybe there is something hidden in the rocks?" Lyle dropped down onto the ground his legs acting like natural shock absorbers, he crouched as soon as he landed. He put his Hands(lol he has hands not paws) on the rock wall feeling for a button of some sort. He found an abnormal rock firmly planted in the rock wall"hmmmmm pull or push" thinks lyle after he observes the floor and roof looking for clever traps. He pulled and a door slid open. Inside the cave was a lot of spider webs." hopefully there are spider here I'm starving" ( In Elswyr Khajiits ate jungle spiders almost all times of the day.) He looks at Alaric motioning him to come over and investigate the cave.

Alaric

the Conqueror
    OOC: Shoot I gotta get off hopefully we can continue this tomorrow this is a great stopping point though!

Alaric

the Conqueror
    OOC: Alaric will NPC follow you for all purposes untill I get back. Keep him battle hardened and stubborn for me!

caravan guard

lone Khajiit
    OOC yes it is a very good stopping point see you tomorrow :)

caravan guard

lone Khajiit
    Nah dude i need to go to sleep anyways

Belwas came riding up the Barrow, but the bandits at the entrance were all dead. He quickly went inside, because he wanted that claw. When he got inside, he saw everything was dead here as well. He ran onward.

Alaric

the Conqueror
    Alaric stood up after he had finished bandaging up his arm and decided to continue on word down the hall were he met up with Belwas. "Belwas! I'd say you missed quite a show as you can see." Alaric points to the burned up carcasses at the door.

Belwas pricks one with his sword edge. "I missed quite the party, i see. Damn stablemaster held me up, had to look for the lineage papers of my horse." Belwas was glad only Alaric and Lyle were there. Alaric was honest, and Lyle was smart enough not to try keeping the claw for himself.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts