Bethesda should make Armour & Weapon packs for consoles *Remake*

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

jarif

Since people make really cool armours, its unfortunate that we console players have little armour and weapon variety compared to the pc players, i think they should make some ''NEW'' armour packs and the best mods created by people to be put on the Store for both PS3 and Xbox. Example ; i was disappointed with the dwvarven armour and looked at the dwvarven power mod and said to myself '' now thats what dwvarven armour should look like ''
Thats what i think.
Especially for us PS3 players that havent got ethier dawnguard or hearthfire

JoeReese

That would be nice...not sure how hard it would be for them to do, but a "submit your armor mods" contest would be interesting. I have caught myself thinking it would be fun just to be able to select armor type and then select the look. So I could have a glass helmet that looks like an ebony helmet or something decent like that. That can't be too hard...all the textures already exist. It's just a matter of allowing the values to change.

jarif

That would be nice...not sure how hard it would be for them to do, but a "submit your armor mods" contest would be interesting. I have caught myself thinking it would be fun just to be able to select armor type and then select the look. So I could have a glass helmet that looks like an ebony helmet or something decent like that. That can't be too hard...all the textures already exist. It's just a matter of allowing the values to change.
i agree, there should be a contest and Bethesda would have to give a small prize or sumthing

Crooksin

Glue Sniffer
A better idea would be for Valve to have a contract with Microsoft/Sony (Nintendo can suck it) to implement some version of Steam on the consoles so you'd have access to the Steam Workshop and other features. Alas, companies like that would never work together in such a way so PC will always be the master race ;)

Sean

lost somewhere
A better idea would be for Valve to have a contract with Microsoft/Sony (Nintendo can suck it) to implement some version of Steam on the consoles so you'd have access to the Steam Workshop and other features. Alas, companies like that would never work together in such a way so PC will always be the master race ;)

Valve already has a contract with Sony, and they were able to allow PC made custom content to be downloaded and played on the PS3 version of Portal 2.
Microsoft is REALLY strict on custom content making its way to their console.

I do know that Bethesda messed with this idea prior to the game's release, but I don't think either company went with it.

It isn't hard to port a mod to the 360, all that needs to happen is the textures need to be converted from .dds to .ddx and the .nifs need to be converted to a different format of .nif.
Xbox 360 also uses .xma for its audio files, but .wma works as well.

Currently there is no way to convert .ddx to .dds or vice versa, but that is most likely included in the developer tools that Microsoft gives out.

Only problem with the PS3 is the same reason that current DLC isn't working with it at the moment.

--------------------
Here's an old article with what Bethesda wanted

JoeReese

What you just said is "All that needs to happen is Greek, Japanese, binary, hieroglyphics, somethingelseentirely, yadda, yadda, works as well."

What do we do if we're not that tech savvy?

jarif

Valve already has a contract with Sony, and they were able to allow PC made custom content to be downloaded and played on the PS3 version of Portal 2.
Microsoft is REALLY strict on custom content making its way to their console.

I do know that Bethesda messed with this idea prior to the game's release, but I don't think either company went with it.

It isn't hard to port a mod to the 360, all that needs to happen is the textures need to be converted from .dds to .ddx and the .nifs need to be converted to a different format of .nif.
Xbox 360 also uses .xma for its audio files, but .wma works as well.

Currently there is no way to convert .ddx to .dds or vice versa, but that is most likely included in the developer tools that Microsoft gives out.

Only problem with the PS3 is the same reason that current DLC isn't working with it at the moment.

--------------------
Here's an old article with what Bethesda wanted
i heard that you have to jailbreak the PS3 to download mods

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts