• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Niflheimr

Anyone else was disappointed by Skyrim's attributes system? It's simpler and easier to get to, but I prefer the older Attributes system. Potions and Enchanted Items better in the older attributes system. They had their disadvantages and their advantages.

I felt that Bethesda tried to make a more casual game in Skyrim, a game that you can get into easily, a simple game not a complicated one.

A big example why I prefer the older system is for example drinking mead. In Oblivion, it drains your Intelligence and Willpower by 1 point for 1 minute and restores your fatigue (Stamina) In Skyrim it restores your Stamina and makes it regenerate slower for 30 seconds.

It feels watered down, if you get what I mean. Deep inside I feel like it was a mini-attempt of a Sellout.

Lee

Rasta-For-I
I mentioned elsewhere that I played Oblivion, couldn't really understand it and thought the menus were clunky. By contrast Skyrim is as you say much easier to learn and I think that's why I really like it compared to Oblivion. Having played Skyrim though I feel that now i understand how things work I'll be better equipped to understand Oblivion better.

Niflheimr

YEah I know plenty of people who couldn't get into Oblivion. It's great to have more Skyrim fans, but not on the price of some essential things like attributes.