• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Ritterkreuz

I've downloaded the free version of Arena that's available through Bethesda. I know it's an old DOS game so I'm prepared for the old school graphics, I'm looking for any advice on this old game. Any tips? I mostly downloaded it so I can see the 1994 version of Tamriel.

Caststarman

Well, seeing as I have never gotten out of the first dungeon, I am VERY well educated on the subject.

IF you are on a PC and want to make the game a bit less choppy, do CTRL-F12. This helped me a lot. I have also learned something else from my 15.5 minutes of experience before I raged.

Your health only regenerates 1 per hour. The rats (Or the past Skeevers) can easily kill you.

CCMatt

Aha! You need DoS-Box my friend! Its "like" an emulator for DoS games. It is extremely complicated and I suck at explaining it. I have a note saved of the pathway I use to open the game. I had to rename some things to make it more simple:
Mount c c:
\dosgames (press enter)
C: (press enter)
Cd dosgames
\dagger (press enter)
Fall.exe z.cfg (press enter)

That was the complicated string I use, you're better off googling it.

Caststarman

Aha! You need DoS-Box my friend! Its "like" an emulator for DoS games. It is extremely complicated and I suck at explaining it. I have a note saved of the pathway I use to open the game. I had to rename some things to make it more simple:
Mount c c:
\dosgames (press enter)
C: (press enter)
Cd dosgames
\dagger (press enter)
Fall.exe z.cfg (press enter)

That was the complicated string I use, you're better off googling it.
You are thinking of daggerfall.

It would actually be
Mount c c:
\dosgames (or whatever other folder you put it in)
cd dosgames
\ARENA

CCMatt

You are thinking of daggerfall.

It would actually be
Mount c c:
\dosgames (or whatever other folder you put it in)
cd dosgames
\ARENA

I know, its just the same thing really, just different files. They use literally the same method of getting into the game. Perhaps I shouldn't have said daggerfall though, I was a little out of it.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts