• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Anwrise888

A very naughty naughty kinky mage....
images

Shadow King

Grand master of the Order of Talos.
yes i can accept that theory. i think there are alot of simularities in elder scrolls im sure alot of the game is based on real world things. it would take to long doing storys etc if it was just there imaginations so alot of it has to be based on something. for example legion is defo romans the armor gives it away and they are an empire. and my personal theory i think there is alot in common with talos (tiber septim) and jesus.

Brit Hahdrim

No, because Lucifer was an evil prince, not the devil.

Also, Akatosh seems to be a very old and neutral force, like it could care less what humans and mer and the beast races do. God is a touchy-feely benevolent force. Also, Paarthunax is not a closely tied to Akatosh as Michael was to God.

CaptMorgan72

According to biblical stories, Lucifer was one of the most beautiful and powerful angels in all creation. He (I say he but the angels are suppose to be sexless) desired to be a god himself and saw his beauty and power as evidence that he deserved it. Paarthunax said that Alduin was once the crowning jewel of Akatosh's children. The two stories are similar. The similarities of Paarthunax and Michael are not close as Alduin and Lucifer. Paarthunax was once the right hand of Alduin, meaning he was under his authority. Michael was never under the authority of Lucifer, it was the other way around, but they both were the eldest and most beautiful and powerful of the angels. The same is true of Alduin and Paarthunax, they are the oldest and most powerful of the dragons.

How you described Akatosh, as a uncaring and neutral force, is very similar to how the biblical God is. There are more similarities than there is not.

Anwrise888

Alduin is god. Paarthunax is satan. God was whiping out humanity with floods and torturing them. Alduin was doing something similar. Satan was tired of having to do evil for god. Paarthuax was tired of having to do evil for Alduin. God is evil. Alduin is evil. Satan is wise and good. Paarthunax is wise and good. God love and worship me are burn. Alduin love and worship me or burn. There you have it.

Urzek

I see Alduin as my mother and Paarthunax as my father. Alduin always like to shout and order me around. Every time i meet Alduin it always orders me around and it really annoys me.

While there he is, Paarthunax. Always supporting you on whatever you want to do. He can even have a debate with Alduin if needed. But he's scared, so he's just hiding behind your back supporting you. That damn coward.

Shadow King

Alduin is god. Paarthunax is satan. God was whiping out humanity with floods and torturing them. Alduin was doing something similar. Satan was tired of having to do evil for god. Paarthuax was tired of having to do evil for Alduin. God is evil. Alduin is evil. Satan is wise and good. Paarthunax is wise and good. God love and worship me are burn. Alduin love and worship me or burn. There you have it.

i thought god cannot do evil ya know because he is god.and what evil was lucifer sent to do by god do u somehow refer to the flood there was reasons for that. and you say lucifer is good he was just a lowly servant of god who desired more. what good did he try to do jesus in the desert. what good did he try to do adam and eve in the garden. off course im not a biblical scholar or anything be free to correct anything im wrong on. im just writing what i beleive to be the best of my knowledge.

p.s are u a member of the illuminati.

the last parts just a bit of fun mate lol

Anwrise888

i thought god cannot do evil ya know because he is god.and what evil was lucifer sent to do by god do u somehow refer to the flood there was reasons for that. and you say lucifer is good he was just a lowly servant of god who desired more. what good did he try to do jesus in the desert. what good did he try to do adam and eve in the garden. off course im not a biblical scholar or anything be free to correct anything im wrong on. im just writing what i beleive to be the best of my knowledge.

p.s are u a member of the illuminati.

the last parts just a bit of fun mate lol
Can god do evil. That is a question that was a asked alot before christianity invented the devil. Thats why people would blame the devil instead of asking god why their people were suffering.The idea of the devil was a useful tool to the ruling class in order to control the lower classes. For example a king or noble would tell the peasents,"Do not rebel like Satan or burn in Hell!!!". This was effective on people who still thought that the world was flat and that the stars were little tiny holes to heaven. As for the garden of eden story. God intended for adam and eve to eat the fruit of knowlege. Because he is all knowing and has a grand design or not so grand design. Was it not god who created the talking snake, the tree of knowlege, adam and eve. He then put the tree, talking snake right next to adam and eve. He meant for humans to eat the fruit of knowlege. Unless god is a idiot. Thats like a parent putting a gun in there childs room and a repeating recording telling the child to use the gun. Here another reason god is bad. He has enslave the human race in a very evil way. He tells you to love him or burn. He has enslaved the human race in a way. In the same way were a slave owner tells his slave,"you have all the freedom you want in your filthy hut but in the end of the day your mine." The slave owner being god , the hut being this planet. In the end he is free to twist and torture our souls because we did not grovel and tell him how great he is.

Shadow King

Can god do evil. That is a question that was a asked alot before christianity invented the devil. Thats why people would blame the devil instead of asking god why their people were suffering.The idea of the devil was a useful tool to the ruling class in order to control the lower classes. For example a king or noble would tell the peasents,"Do not rebel like Satan or burn in Hell!!!". This was effective on people who still thought that the world was flat and that the stars were little tiny holes to heaven. As for the garden of eden story. God intended for adam and eve to eat the fruit of knowlege. Because he is all knowing and has a grand design or not so grand design. Was it not god who created the talking snake, the tree of knowlege, adam and eve. He then put the tree, talking snake right next to adam and eve. He meant for humans to eat the fruit of knowlege. Unless god is a idiot. Thats like a parent putting a gun in there childs room and a repeating recording telling the child to use the gun. Here another reason god is bad. He has enslave the human race in a very evil way. He tells you to love him or burn. He has enslaved the human race in a way. In the same way were a slave owner tells his slave,"you have all the freedom you want in your filthy hut but in the end of the day your mine." The slave owner being god , the hut being this planet. In the end he is free to twist and torture our souls because we did not grovel and tell him how great he is.

was not the snake lucifer. and if u are right then the high majority of the planet are wrong. i think the gun in a childs room is a wrong way of putting that. god put the apples there to see how strong adam and eve where to test them u could call it. then lucifer comes and messes that off course most likely god would know he was coming or that he was there but perhaps god thought that might not be so bad a thing and allowed lucifer to do one of his many crimes to see how strong the first created humans where. of course they sin because they where not perfect and where the first things to be blessed with free will. (again my biblical knowladge may not be perfect or my understandings of scripture)

p.s

i think this is a good debate and like to see other peoples oppinions

Soloquendi

Pastor of Muppets
Well, TES lore is based on mythology and all mythologies share similar archetypes, including the Christian mythos, so yes there are probably similarities.