• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I have fought my share of dragons, but just had a brand new experience. I am fighting an Elder dragon and have injured him enough that is landing to fight on the ground. His way of landing is something I have never seen before: it was like a jumbo jet that has lost its landing gear! He hits the ground very fast and almost horizontal and then slides for several seconds before stopping. After the fight I look back, and there is a huge furrow gouged out of the earth. I don't know how common this sequence is, or if there are other rare events that people could describe.

Cherry

Farfetch'd is judging you!
This is not rare at all. I'm quite surprised you haven't witnessed it before. I think it happens every time you bring the dragon's health so low it cannot fly, while it's in the air

ambiiientz

I've seen the crash landing animation a few times. Still cool every time.

I have seen Sheild/Mage builds in the forums. Never knew they existed in game. I ran into two Argoniain Shield Mages, right in a row. Thought that was neat.

This is not rare at all. I'm quite surprised you haven't witnessed it before. I think it happens every time you bring the dragon's health so low it cannot fly, while it's in the air
It is odd I have never seen it before, my battles must be in the hundreds. Maybe my typical style of fighting dragons doesnt favor this result.

TheDovahkiin

The Fabled Stealer Of Sweetrolls
I saw this to, he slammed into a cliff and off the edge :p.

I love when they crash land like that. I wish they'd end up with parts of trees sticking out of their scaly hides afterwards. :D

MyNameIsJon

It is odd I have never seen it before, my battles must be in the hundreds. Maybe my typical style of fighting dragons doesnt favor this result.

I have never seen this before and I've fought about 50 dragons so far. I use a bow and like to wait until the dragon lands before shooting, which isn't difficult as dragons love attacking other creatures besides the Dragonborn.

I have never seen this before and I've fought about 50 dragons so far. I use a bow and like to wait until the dragon lands before shooting, which isn't difficult as dragons love attacking other creatures besides the Dragonborn.
That probably explains why you haven't seen it before. Usually when it happens when your a mage or an archer, where you can get the dragon under half health while it's flying. When a dragon gets under half it's health it comes to a crash landing.

So usually if your a warrior, or you find yourself always using Dragonrend, you'll rarely experience this epic scene in Skyrim.

Pileggi

Another cool dragon animation is when a dragon takes someone off in there talons and drops them mid flight! It's a shame its such a rare occurrence in the game, I've only seen it twice and both times I believe were scripted.

Nakatsu_Hime

Some dragons can be pretty clumsy. I'm sure some aren't used to tall buildings, and it's a good idea Skyrim isn't littered with electricity pylons. The poor electric workers would be contantly cutting down charred Dragons.

DovahCap

The one cube to rule them all.
Some dragons can be pretty clumsy. I'm sure some aren't used to tall buildings, and it's a good idea Skyrim isn't littered with electricity pylons. The poor electric workers would be contantly cutting down charred Dragons.

I love it when dragons get clumsy. This one time, Odahviing was trying to fly into the side of the Throat of the World, and Mirmulnir decided to fly into the watchtower twice.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts