• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

TheHrdee

King seahorse of all !
So, I'm thinking of buying oblivion but first I need you amazing people to give me your opinions on the game. If you suggest I go on with my plan I am going to buy The 5th anniversary edition for £15.90 ($24.39 USD). Thanks in advanced. :)

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Pyro, Spirits Connoisseur, and Soulless Anarchist
It is an amazing game. It's graphics are a bit hard to bear after Skyrim, and the melee combat system is a bit clunkier(though I prefer it) but it seems like the storylines are WAY better written and the things you accomplish in-game are....... actual accomplishments. It doesn't feel like you just killed a dragon on another character, woohoo. It feels like you managed to kill half an army of daedra and close an oblivion gate, HELL YESS!!!!!!!!! and it's like that no matter how many times you've played that part

TheHrdee

King seahorse of all !
It is an amazing game. It's graphics are a bit hard to bear after Skyrim, and the melee combat system is a bit clunkier(though I prefer it) but it seems like the storylines are WAY better written and the things you accomplish in-game are....... actual accomplishments. It doesn't feel like you just killed a dragon on another character, woohoo. It feels like you managed to kill half an army of daedra and close an oblivion gate, HELL YESS!!!!!!!!! and it's like that no matter how many times you've played that part
So that's a yes, then? xD

Tyer032392

I recently bought Oblivion and love it. I suggest that you buy "The game of the year" edition as it adds many cool features like owning your own castle (Good character), owning your own lair (evil character); joining a guild similar to the Companions, and many more that I have as of yet found. Also, the quests are far larger than that of Skyrim's quest line, and it has taken me two days just to finish the first few quests and am now working on protecting Bruma by finding allies to help repel an oblivion invasion. Also, I find that the wilderness is far more detailed than Skyrim, but less polished and crisp.

TheHrdee

King seahorse of all !
What I'm hoping is that sometime in the next one or two years they will re-vamp it :) Like they did with halo 1

Shadow King

Grand master of the Order of Talos.
I have played well over a 1000 hours of Oblivion it was amazing, I tried to revisit the 2006 game of the year a few months back, and I will tell u what I thought about it, if u go from Skyrim to Oblivion the graphics are bad so it takes a few hours to get used to the graphics then its not so bad, the province of Cyrodiil is much better more greenery than all that damn snow its a much more pleasant landscape to adventure in, the hotkeys in Oblivion are amazing u can instantly without pausing the game switch weapons, use potions etc its 100 times better than that crime bethesda commited called the Skyrim favrites menu :sadface:, the musical score in Oblivion is better also and it has to be said most quests are better than that of Skyrim, the only thing that made me switch off Oblivion is this when u are playing Oblivion one word will go threw ure mind over and over again, Skyrim Skyrim Skyrim you will wonder why u are not playing a more updated version of the Elder Scrolls and wonder why u are not playing a game that offers so much more in this day and age.

Im speaking as a player who played Oblivion before Skyrim so for me to revisit its not for me as I have done evrything but for you my lucky friend its going to be a fresh adventure with new quests a whole new world to explore, get the game and if u get 3 hours into it and think I want to play Skyrim dont give up give it 10 hours so u can get past the graphics etc and surely u will enjoy this new adventure.

TheHrdee

King seahorse of all !
I thank you all greatly :) You've all given me positive answers so I am buying the game and yes shadow, I will get the GOTY edition :) You've all been a great help to me. :D

Leedsy

Dated graphics aside it is a fantastic game, loved the main story line, enchantanle.clothes, better and custom spells etc.

The best faction imho is the dark brotherhood. 1000x better than skyrims DB which was good itself.

As previously said, put the graphics aside and judge it on its own merits as a 5 y.o game and you'll really enjoy it

Ninja42

I have been playing skyrim for about 5 months and was looking for the next game to play, downloaded loads of demos to try and they just didn't cut it, compared to Skyrim.

Today I bought Oblivion 5th anniversary edition. Yes, as stated the graphics are dated and certain bit are a bit clunkey.
However, after an hour, I was so absorbed in the game I didn't notice the dated bits.

NiteMare

Presto Change'O !!
iix_iMortal said:
Graphics don't make the game. There what you call a "Bonus". The Story in Oblivion is more defined and lush with excitement that I find myself enthralled. This game is by far better than Skyrim in all its entirety, minus the graphics of course. I'm playing Oblivion right now actually. An unarmed fighter(Unarmed skill, another bonus :D). There's more spells, armor, weapons, enchants, items. Play it, don't judge a game by the way it looks. The dlc has much more bulk to it than Skyrim dlc, and again by far greater. Replay value for me, infinite. Skyrim you find yourself doing the same old thing with every character. <<-JUNK. How can you define a characters personality if your doing the same old kill a dragon go to High Hrothgar BS. Skyrim is a good game, but Oblivion.. you won't be disappointed. <3 :p

I'm quoting this from another thread I replied to BUY IT!! ^.^

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts