A young Breton's Accounts

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Rown

Hey all, I've decided to write a little journal for a Breton character I just created. I am taking a lot of inspiration from BIGwooley's Journal ( http://skyrimforum.com/threads/nord-refugee-character-diary-hrisskar-iii.3168/ ). I will be using a pretty restrictive playstyle though not as restrictive as his. So, I'd like to get right into the backstory and the restrictions I will be using. Aslo, they way the journal will be written is more of a sparse, short line break, style because I feel it's true to the education level of the farmers son I will be portraying. Hope you Enjoy!

Backstory:
My name is Eril Thoman III, after my father.
I've lived my nineteen years in Shore Stone tending to the land my father cut from the hills there.
I should be introducing myself but rescent events have me thinking of him.
My mother died giving birth to me
my father was an imperial guard in Solitude.
He was discharged when I was on year for springing a prisoner he felt was innocent of a murder.
We moved to Shore Stone, out of the way of the Imperials and our old life, set up farm.
Yes, Stormcloaks often passed through our village and my fathers home was known as a place of refuge among them, they liked his old stories of the idiocy of the imperials when he was under their employ...
Early yesterday morning I was driving the carriage back from Riften where we sell our meat and growth of the land each month. I was preparing to tell my father we hadn't made enough to supply ourselves this winter, that we'd have to go into our reserve stores of food, possibly eat the cows feed as well.
I didn't have the chance to tell him.
My home was looted, my animals slaughtered and my father not at the inn or in the fields.
My neighbor Osmund told me a caravan of imperials had churned up the town, looking for "Stormcloack Sympathizers." They had obviously gotten wind of my fathers generosity.
"They took him to helgen along with a group of stormcloak prisoners" said Osmund.
And so I unhitched Sasha, not our fastest horse but our strongest and the only one still alive.
I rode the road fast to helgen
I caught up with the caravan just before entering the city
I could not make a daring rescue
I had to watch from a nearby hill overlooking the city
I had to watch them behead my father.
"Ulfric Stormcloak!" Cried the imperial gaurd
"to the block"
The Jarl of windhelm and leader of the stormcloaks was there!
Just then I great bellow from the sky, I couldn't describe it.
A dragon.
A dragon flew straight out of my story books and began to burn Helgen to ground.
I wasted no time understanding
I ran, not thinking of Sasha, poor-honorable beast I hope she made it.
I ran down the mountain looking forward the whole time
I don't remember doing it but I know I got to the bottom
got here, got to this town of Riverwood
The front steps of a woman named Gerdur
Took pity on me gave me a bed, a meal.
My memory has only just come back to me this morning waking up in a strange village in a strange bed.
I remember my father, I remember what the imperials did to him, I remember I am strong, strong enough anyway.
Strong enough to go on.

Playstyle:
I start off in rivewood with no money no armor (i dropped all the armor and weapons from the first dungeon sequence) just my footwraps my tunic a silver ring (family heirloom) and my sales ledger in which the journal is being written. I cant steal or take charity. I have to sleep each night in a bed at the inn until i find a place i don't have to pay for.

Playstyle restrictions:

-Master difficulty
-using immersive HUD mod so I only have a hud while using stamina.
-no crosshair
-quest markers turned off
-only carry 50% of allowed maximum
- 100 arrows max
- must sheathe weapon to use potion but can be used during combat
- no magic only powers and shouts
- may only use 5 picks per lock
- not allowed to steal from or harm friendly or neutral characters
- no taking unreasonable items from creatures such as weapons or jewels
- 8 hours of sleep a day
- 5% of your health must be eaten everyday
- I will be using smithing and alchemy but no enchanting
- Can only create 5 Smithed items per day (not including upgrades)
- can only use the map in known locations
-no fast travel except by cart
- no quicksaves

Thanks for reading I'll probably jump right into the first entry.

Rown

2011-12-18_00001.jpg
Tirdas, 18th Last seed

Gerdur gave me some bread for my breakfast this morning. She is a kind woman but says that I must be making my own way now and I agree. I set out this morning to find food. I am a lean boy but my mind never strays to far from my stomach. I was overconfident believing I could catch an elk with nothing but my two hands, I may be the swiftest in Shore Stone but i couldn't find a single elk who believed it.

I chased a fox up a small winding path until finally I caught it inside a hollowed out tree trunk laying on the ground. No meat could be salvaged but his pelt might bring me a gold or two. As i was rejoicing in my triumph i heard the howl of two wolves much too near. I then saw the faces of two wolves pearing into the hollowed tree. My blood ran cold, and then hot, I sprinted towards the entrance which was of course blocked, thinking my only course of action was to burst through the two wolves with all my might and just continue running. In a second I was face to face with the wolves, they were larger than I had thought, without thinking I punched the closest one as hard as i could in the muzzle and it whined and fell back just enough to allow me through. I ran, I ran like I hadn't run since, well, since yesterday when i was running from a damned...dragon.
The wolves chased me all the way down the hill to the river bed. I plunged into the river, the cold water would have been refreshing if I was in it for a lovely swim.

The wolves miraculously did not follow me into the river, instead they turned back and trotted up the hill. After a long sit on the river bank, catching my breath, cursing the fox for bringing me so far into the wilderness, cursing myself for being the idiot who chased the fox so far into the wilderness, I decided picking the wild mountain flowers that grew in these parts was the way I would make my meal and bed at least for this night. I caught a few salmon in the stream which, as it turns out, was not refreshing but quite cold.

I feasted on overcooked salmon and goat cheese that night, a strange combination but I hadn't remembered food tasting so...full, in a long time. I bought a room at the sleeping giant inn with the gold from a few butterfly wings and some mountain flowers, they are a simple people in riverwood, not unlike the people from my town. I do not feel comfortable enough with any of them yet to speak of the dragon I saw however, and when my belly is full and there is a bed awaiting me my thoughts turn to it.