• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Salthar leaped over a fallen log, using a branch to eradicate his tracks. 'That should keep them off my trail...at least for a little while' he thought to himself, picking up on the assassins' dog like stench. He thought he heard someone, off to his left, and turned following the noise. It lead him to the slaver, and while Salthar had no real feelings of friendship towards the man, he had warned him about the assassin. "Are you coming?" He hissed, keeping his voice low.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    Ghubaric had finished his crying before Salthar emerged, but was in the process of berating himself for the weakness. He stood and smiled his empty smile. I see the adventure is moving again, Ghubaric laughed. I want those men... and defeat them? No you silly blade I want to break those men.

"Sonds good. M'lord."

The cape of his Hammerfell Garb swished around his body as he turned. The future, Ghubaric thought. The future and making it there is all I should be thinking of.

Kir the Silent

Until Your Flesh Is Consumed
    Kir had arrived back at the keep and trying to keep what remained of his clothing from falling to his feet, while caring Nadir was proving annoying. The gate was opened and he made his way inside, Daran rushed up to him but before he could ask what happened Kir held up a hand. "Ask me later, for now please go set up the guest rooms. I have a feeling we may have more arriving soon."

After laying Nadir in the bed and leaving a change of clothes, he shut the gate to the keep and stood in the watch tower. Sarli would take care of Nadir if she woke, Daran had dinner cooking, and the three deserters stood watch along the walls. They still wore Stormcloak armor but instead of the traditional blue cloth they wore black. "Keep your bows ready men, I don't trust the redguard as far as a child could throw him. The vampire...well he has some semblance of, I don't know if honor is the right word, but I trust him more than a slaver."

He was wearing his signature armor and wrapped in shadows. As the wind blew he caught their scent approaching, but that wasn't all...something was changing in Skyrim...change was on the wind and it boded ill...

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    The slaver and vampire made their way through the woods, avoiding the Stormcloak patrols until they came upon a keep. It looked like it had recently been restored, and Salthar could see that it would be defensible. The wolf's scent stopped at the gate leading the Altmer vampire to assume this was the mans' home. He spotted several other men on the walls, although he couldn't tell if they were lycans as well. Gesturing for Ghubaric to follow, he strode boldly to the gate, and hammered on it with his fist.

He didn't fear the weapons the men held. They couldn't kill him even if they tried. "Assassin.I'm footsore and angry, and my Redguard companion, is eager to see his lady friend again" This said, he waited at the gate, arms at his sides. He may have looked like he was unarmed, but any fool that believed that would die in searing pain.

Kir the Silent

"Oh hello again Salthar, how was your evening trek through the woods? And his lady? I was under the impression one person could not own another and she did not have a tatoo saying 'property of', but then again he is a slaver. For his kind I have very little love or patience." Kir looked over the wall down at the vampire smiling brightly and genuinely. He didn't hate the man after all, he had only tried to kill him professionally. It was simply buisness after all, he understood. The slaver on the other hand, he already did not like. And Kir liked everyone. He also knew something very dangerous about the man. "I'd be all too happy to let you in old friend, the redguard however will stay outside the gates with my archers trained on him. I wish to speak to you privately first, then I shall see if he may enter."

It seemed as though the vampire may argue the point but Kir swiftly said, "It's been a rather long day and I know we are all tired and exhausted. Just humor me, I'm afraid I won't budge on this point. This is my home after all, so I won't bow to any demands. Not that I would bow to any demands ever about anything." He said that last statement smiling. Daran and Sarli often told him how stubborn he was.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Salthar frowned at the assassins jovial appearance, suspecting a trap. However, another explanation was that the man truly didn't have any hostile feelings towards him. Shrugging the vampire figured he had nothing to lose. Even if it was a trap, he'd already proven to be a match for the man. He walked through the gates, glancing at the alert archers. He motioned for the slaver to remain where he was.

He followed the assassin into the keep, wondering what was so urgent that he needed to tell Salthar. " I'm listening" he stated, hands still at his side.

Kir the Silent

"Well how much do you know about the redguard? I'm already tempted to say he's not welcome here, solely on the fact he's a slaver and I detest slavers." Kir moved the conversation out of the redguards earshot. "Besides the fact that he also seems like an ass, he has...something I once possesed."

Seeing that the vampire may mistake his statement he continued, "I don't want the damned thing back, trust me. But I'm not quite sure how I'd like that under my roof near my friends and family." He looked to the redguard beyond the gate and saw that he was obviously pissed. He turned back to Salthar, "If you don't know of what I speak you should ask him yourself. He carries a cursed item...that has warped the souls of greater and more honorable men than a common slaver. The literal evil can corrupt and drive someone insane, I understand the enemy of my enemy but still. Do you trust him?"

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Salthar knew of what the man spoke. Or at least he thought he did "you speak of this new blade that he mysteriously acquired, correct?" The pair strolled farther and farther away from the slaver , both keeping their voices low. "As for turning him around, and sending him off to die...I have no problems with that, but your friend would disagree...quite strongly, I suspect" As they walked, a light rain began to fall, droplets gathering on the vampires' robes. When the assassin inquired as to whether he trusted Ghubaric, he turned to let the man see his cold, dead eyes. " I don't trust anyone"

Kir the Silent

"If you truely trusted no one, not even a little, you wouldn't be talking to me. You'd also probably be a hermit filled with paranoia." Kir laughed a bit at that, then grew serious and looked at him sideways. "And yes, all joking aside I refer to his sword. It is a cursed thing with a mind of its own. Whereas you have some, code i believe I can call it that, that doesn't make you kill for no reason. I sense a certain cruelness from him even without the blade's influence."

"Now it's starting to ran, I'm tired, and famished. So what is your opinion on this matter?" Kir crossed his arms. "Give me one good reason as to why I should trust him. I barely trust you and we were just trying to kill each other a few hours ago. But a demonic sword that fills one with bloodlust? Even I and my normally joking manner take pause at that."

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    Ghubaric looked at these to men. No, Ghubaric thought. These are not men. Ghubaric yelled through the doors.

"Men do not talk about someone elses fate like they are not there. Trust. How about Stormcloaks betray you. Stormcloaks hate us. In Alik'r there are the great clans. And there are clan wars. The enemy of yesterday is the ally of today."

Ghubaric smiled. But then he remembered what was said about Nadir.

"We are friends me and the lady. No ownership was implied. I would take kindly if you leave the discrimmination to the Stormcloaks. Friend."

Kir the Silent

"Well, well. He finds his voice at last, I know more about the Alik'r than you would think. I was raised in Hammerfell after all. And don;t you know it's rude to interrupt? Besides it is not discrimination, it is a joke." Kir said this nonchalantly, turning his attentions onto the approaching redguard. "You also are not my concern, no offense I could take you anyday, it is my old sword which you now carry that is the main source of this conversation friend."

Kir walked up to the redguard, looking him in the eye but also noticing the three archers pull their strings ever so slightly. Kir made a hand gesture to tell the to standdown. He didn't seem insane, but that was one of Umbra's greatest tricks.

"I don't like slavers on the best of days. But I can look past that as slavery is illegal in Skyrim anyways. Since now you speak perhaps you can tell me why I should trust you?" Kir pointed to the familiar blade. "That blade has a mind of it's own and has an insatiable bloodlust. How do I know your mind is your own?"

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    Ghubaric smiled and tok out Umbra.

"This sword does not speak of you. But I will admit all your tricks are efficient, but in the end tricks. As for trusting me. Trust is knowing how a person will respond. Now I trust you are not an idiot. I trust you will be pragmatic. I trust you will kill me if I give either of you a reason to. Is that enough trust?"

Ghubaric sighed these were words of a child this great assassin spoke. Ghubaric was done with the boy and walked into the fortress itself. He was hungry and he was confident he could take any of these peons.

Kir the Silent

Kir's joking manner disappeared as the redguard walked past him, he disappeared and reappeared in front of him. "I did not say you could enter and no, the sword would not want to speak of it's failure to twist me and make do what it wanted. I encountered it long ago and am glad to be rid of it."

"Do not think of me as a child with tricks. That would be a foolish thing to do." His manner had become cold and dangerous. "I won't boast of my many feats or kills, I need not validate myself to you. Like a boot need not validate itself to an insect. Do not for one moment think that you can impose your will upon me, I could kick you out into the cold and throngs of stormcloaks to your death. I would not shed a tear or spare a second thought."

He paused looking into the soul of this arrogant redguard. "But as they betrayed me I see no reason to give them the satisfaction. Understand this I will allow you to say as I give anyone the benefit of the doubt." He walked up to him, now face to face. "But you are a guest. So you will do what I say if you wish to stay here, understand?" He crossed his arms and leaned his heads sideways. "Now if you wish to stay, you can ask politely." With that said Kir's normal sarcastic and joking smile came back.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    Ghubaric looked at the strange elf. Everywhere one man will want prove he is stronger, Ghubaric remembered his masters words. But the secret is being stronger whether they know it or not. Ghubaric looked at the assassin. Both of their smiles were fake and both knew it. Ghubaric thoughts turned to Nadir.

"I have survived much and I did not need magics then. I will not need you but I wouldn't mind living with you for a time. Where is Nadir? I would like to speak with her after I eat."

Kir the Silent

"She is still unconcious, Sarli is looking after her. She'll be fine and will be brought to us as soon as she is able." Kir sighed and uncrossed his arms. "Enough of the pissing contest. Listen, its been a long day. And at the moment it seems like things are going to get bad and I suppose an ally is better than another enemy. I apologize." He held out his hand to the redguard, "I'm Kir by the way."

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    Ghubaric clasped his hand. It was a strong handshake, And Ghubaric knew he could at the least respect this one.

"Thank you. I know my kind are detestable at best."

Ghubaric broke the clasp and took a few steps back, and bowed deeply. He swished his cape out and was smiling his salesman and showman smile. I wonder if there is a training area, Ghubaric thought. Since Nadir is unavailible I should meditate.

"I am Ghubaric The Slaver. Ghubaric will suffice. I am suprised an assassin of such unique talents I have not heard of you Master Kir. Would you happen to use a proffessional name?"

Kir the Silent

"Again I apologize, as an assassin perhaps I shouldn't be so quick to judge another based on his profession alone. And if you were referring to being a redguard, well, my adoptive parents are redguards and I lived in Hammerfell for many years." He smiled genuinely. And laughed at the fact his real name was still hidden from his assassin profession. He was doing well indeed, most people didn't even know The Silent was a bosmer. "It is good you have not heard of me. It means I'm very good at what I do, but in the shadows of this world people whisper my professional name. As a slaver you may be one to know it. I am known as The Silent."

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    Ghubaric thought on that name. He heard whispers of The Silent. Not very impressive sounding is it, Ghubaric mused. Sounds like a peaceful way to go.

"Ah yes I have heard whispers. Honestly I am suprised at how loud you are. This is an odd request but do you have a training room or something to that effect?"

Ghubaric touched the amulet in his pocket and realized it was the same pocket as the jewels he had been holding since the Stormcloak camp. You are getting weaker. It is that woman's fault. Umbra not now, don't forget I have always favored the one blade style, Ghubaric threatened the blade, the implications clear.

Kir the Silent

"Well I'm not The Silent at the moment now am I? Trust me you'll now when he's here," Kir laughed a bit at his comment. "Yes as Daran and Sarli tell me how much I talk and joke all the time. As for a training area, around the left side of the keep. The long building has any training equipment you could wish for. But the rain is starting to poor and I'm starving. Besides Talos and all the gods know how badly I've wanted some Stros M'kia Rum today."

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Salthar watched the Bosmer and Redguard acquaint themselves, and chuckled. 'The games children play' he thought to himself. Then he grew serious again, wondering as to the assassins motives. True, he had stated that the enemy of his was an ally, but the vampire hadn't gotten very far by trusting people.

Once the others had retired inside for the night, Salthar summoned a small vampire bat. It was as black as the night, and inconspicuous, which meant the vampires could use them as messengers. This night, he scrawled a short message on a piece of paper, before rolling it and tying it to the bat's leg. Thrusting his arm out, he sent the creature on its' way to the Bloodlet Throne. None of the sentries patrolling the wall had seen the small bat depart, or at least ,if they had, they'd asked no questions. Now all he had to do was wait. But that could be accomplished inside, as he didn't expect a response for at least one more night.