A Glitch with the Becoming the Master of the Thieve's Guild

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Mythril

Hi. I've already completed the quest to become the master of the thieves guild and had no issues whatsoever. Now my husband is playing through and trying to do the same. He's finished the special quests for Markarth, Whiterun and Windhelm, and he has completed eight (and you know the requirement is only five) side jobs for Solitude. What happens is strange. It never offers him the special job for Solitude, and if he saves and gets off when he gets back on he has to turn in the special quests for the cities he has already done all over again. He keeps doing quests for Solitude in hope that at some point it will realize that he has already done five and Delvin will give him that final quest. He says that it was offered to him the first time he had finished five, and he saved and got off and when he got back on he no longer had it, even though it still listed all of the side jobs he had already done in the finished section. And Delvin wasn't offering it again.

Wondering if this has ever happened to anyone else. I've tried searching the internet and I haven't seen anything in a similar situation. So does anyone know a solution? It's a little frustrating.

Nightmare137

That is a very glitchy part of the thieves guild quests. For some people it will never offer one of those particular cities at all. Now for your husbands particular case I've never heard of it forcing anyone to redo the special quests but I can offer a solution if he's playing on the pc.

Before you do any of this be sure to save.

Open the console with the ~ key.

I believe the console code to start the solitude quest is the following

setstage TGTQ02 0

if that doesn't work then replace the last 0 with 10 and that should do it. This should start the quest and allow you to progress through the whole thing like normal.

If the other quests still require you to complete them then the following codes will register them completed.

Summerset Shadows

resetquest TGTQ04

Silver Lining

resetquest TGTQ01

Imitation Amnesty

resetquest TGTQ03

Nightmare137

Unfortunately then I'm unsure of there even being a way to fix it. You may get lucky one of these days but I personally highly doubt it. On my last playthrough it never offered me the whiterun quests. I did 89 side quests total before I decided to just do the console commands.

Necromis

have you tried clearing your cache? It might be an issue within the date held in there. Not your game files, but the game cache.

Nakatsu_Hime

Oh joy of joys.

I'm currently working through the various thieving jobs to get the special jobs, and I really can't wait to encounter yet another quest-stopping glitch.

Necromis

I wouldn't sweat it. I have not heard of one other person having this issue. It is probably something localised to this person's game.

Get Sm0ked

Alea Iacta Est
I also have an issue on the 360 with becoming the grand master of the thieves guild. Brynjolf came up to me and said i am the official guild master but i hadn't done the side influence jobs and now i can't talk to him (with the side jobs done, He just says I'm far too busy) to begin the ceremony and get the achievement. i am aware that this is possibly one of the most glitched happenings in skyrim. Help?

That isn't a glitch. Before he can officially make you guildaster you need to do at least 5 radiant jobs in every major city (Whiterun, Markarth, Windhelm, Solitude) after which Delvin will give you a special mission for every city. Once you have completed all 4 of those missions Brynjolf will make you the official master.

Get Sm0ked

Alea Iacta Est
That isn't a glitch. Before he can officially make you guildaster you need to do at least 5 radiant jobs in every major city (Whiterun, Markarth, Windhelm, Solitude) after which Delvin will give you a special mission for every city. Once you have completed all 4 of those missions Brynjolf will make you the official master.

i am completely aware of this but b4 i did the 4 special missions he said i WAS guild master, however i did not approach him. I now have all the special quests done but when i talk to him to begin the ceremony he simply says I'm much to busy lad :p. please help?