• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Cherry

Farfetch'd is judging you!
Okay, now this topic is a little random, but I just wanted to ask a few things.

1. Cloak spells. Are they affected by the "Augmented x" perks in the destruction tree? I.E. if I take the augmented flames perk, will my flame cloak deal more damage?

2. I want to start a heavy armor two-handed build, but I know from experience that pure warriors often get boring really fast. Do you have any ideas on how to make it more interesting? A good twist, an RP for such a character? An interesting combo of skills?

Thanks in advance

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
Not Sure if the damage is increased but I do know that the damage description does not change
and how about an Arcane Warrior, A warrior that only uses Magical Weapons.

1- bound Sword
2 - bound Axe
3 - bound Bow
4 - Bound Dagger
5 - lesser ward
6 - steadfast ward
7 - greater ward
8 - oakflesh
9 - stoneflesh
10 - ironflesh
11 - ebonyflesh

the wards can be your shields the bound weapins can be your weapons and the armour spells can be your armour. that's the closest you can get to being a pure warrior with magical abilites

tx12001

Not Sure if the damage is increased but I do know that the damage description does not change
and how about an Arcane Warrior, A warrior that only uses Magical Weapons.

1- bound Sword
2 - bound Axe
3 - bound Bow
4 - Bound Dagger
5 - lesser ward
6 - steadfast ward
7 - greater ward
8 - oakflesh
9 - stoneflesh
10 - ironflesh
11 - ebonyflesh

the wards can be your shields the bound weapins can be your weapons and the armour spells can be your armour. that's the closest you can get to being a pure warrior with magical abilities in your case however you can use the bound axe and a flesh spell to act as your armour[/

Bulldog

I tried that arcane warrior once on novice to see how I liked it. I got my butt handed to me repeatedly. The bound sword just wasn't that good IMO.

I change mine up. I started mine out with sneak, light armor, one handed and archery. Then I went one handed and magic and light armor. Here shortly I will go heavy armor and two handed until it gets boring, then I will go to magic only. I figured if I keep changing it up I won't get bored with it as fast. I just wish I would have picked someone besides an Imperial, but at level 40 it is hard for me to start over.

xsneakyxsimx

I have no experience with cloak spells, but UESP does say that it is affected by those perks.

As for a Heavy-Armoured, Two-Handed warrior, best I can say for RP is to go with Paladin/Dark Paladin (with Restoration/Conjuration included, respectively), or an Ethereal Warrior, using the Bound Battleaxe. I've also heard that someone made a character that used Two-Handed sneak attacks, but you can improvise however you see fit. Just have fun. ^___^

tx12001

I tried that arcane warrior once on novice to see how I liked it. I got my butt handed to me repeatedly. The bound sword just wasn't that good IMO.

I change mine up. I started mine out with sneak, light armor, one handed and archery. Then I went one handed and magic and light armor. Here shortly I will go heavy armor and two handed until it gets boring, then I will go to magic only. I figured if I keep changing it up I won't get bored with it as fast. I just wish I would have picked someone besides an Imperial, but at level 40 it is hard for me to start over.
Imperials are a very good race don't doubt them

Bulldog

I don't mind the Imperial. I like them better than the Breton's and Redguards. Here lately I have been more drawn to the elf races, whereas before it was the Argonians, Khajiit, and Orcs. I only wish Orcs had some sort of special ability.

My next build for giggles will probably be an Argonian or Orc mage.

tx12001

I don't mind the Imperial. I like them better than the Breton's and Redguards. Here lately I have been more drawn to the elf races, whereas before it was the Argonians, Khajiit, and Orcs. I only wish Orcs had some sort of special ability.

My next build for giggles will probably be an Argonian or Orc mage.
they do have a special abilty the best melee special abilty berserk

Bulldog

I have found berserk to be pretty much pointless. I have played a ton as the orc and I have used berserk 3 times. Kind of like voice of the emperor, or battlecry. I actually used the woodelfs command animal more than I did berserk or and of the other ones. It always made me smile to see the giants fight the mammoths they protected.

I made a Dremora build, dark elf with short black hair, no beard and red face paint. wearing Daedric armor without the helm. A two handed greatsword. Swith to fire destruction spells and conjuring other dremora when needed. Skills where.
Enchanting (only used fire enchantments and reduced spell cost a little so I could have more health)
Smithing. (Daedric, duh)
Two Handed
Heavy Armor
Destruction (fire spells only)
Conjuration

I carried 3 great swords. 1 with fire and absorb health
1 with fire and chaos damage and one with fire damage and fiery soul trap

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk

tx12001

I have found berserk to be pretty much pointless. I have played a ton as the orc and I have used berserk 3 times. Kind of like voice of the emperor, or battlecry. I actually used the woodelfs command animal more than I did berserk or and of the other ones. It always made me smile to see the giants fight the mammoths they protected.
do you even know what berserk does?

Bulldog

Yes sir. I just found I never needed it. I guess on legendary it might come in handy or a dragon. For the average bandit encounters I just never needed to use it

Cherry

Farfetch'd is judging you!
Yes sir. I just found I never needed it. I guess on legendary it might come in handy or a dragon. For the average bandit encounters I just never needed to use it

It depends on your chosen difficulty. On master, I find myself using berserk constantly to get out of tight spots.

Anyway, thanks for all the replies. You've given me a ton of ideas.

khazan99

Semi-professional cabbage collector
Okay, now this topic is a little random, but I just wanted to ask a few things.

1. Cloak spells. Are they affected by the "Augmented x" perks in the destruction tree? I.E. if I take the augmented flames perk, will my flame cloak deal more damage?

2. I want to start a heavy armor two-handed build, but I know from experience that pure warriors often get boring really fast. Do you have any ideas on how to make it more interesting? A good twist, an RP for such a character? An interesting combo of skills?

Thanks in advance

Yes cloak spells are affected by the corresponding Augment perk. As a side note, apparently Rune spells do NOT benefit from the Augment perks, however.

I rolled up a 2-handed, heavy armor beast of an Orc and RP'd him as a bounty hunter: he travelled to each Hold and did all the Jarl's 'bounty' quests ("kill the Bandit Chief at Halted Stream Camp", etc..). After all the loot he got, he dabbled in Smithing to improve his gear, then joined the Companions for more fun and killing.

After his early life of killing anything that needed killing, I RP'd that he began to see all the hardship in the world and it got to him a bit. As luck would have it, he found a spellbook of Healing Hands in loot, and so I had him begin to explore Restoration magic - this led to a sort of 'paladin-esque' change in the character, and he started looking for ways to help the 'common' people of Skyrim.

He was pretty fun to play...and then he got ambushed by 2 sabrecats, and I play Dead Is Dead so, he was no more.......ah, well. ;)

TJ0331

Nords forever
Berserk is so good for an orc assassin. It makes your bows do so much damage.