18+ λsнεs τσ λsнεs ᵃᵈᵛᵃᶰᶜᵉᵈ

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
    OOC

I will participate in roleplays one at a time. This enables me to easily add to my character's biography after the conclusion of each roleplay. This character you will be roleplaying with will evolve after this roleplay thread ends.

There are a few issues that I would like to address before we focus our attention on roleplaying:

In the past, I recall most threads avoiding including the Dragonborn as a character, as to avoid conflict and competition between members, and to avoid the main questline. The main storyline in TESV centered around the Dragonborn. Roleplays on this website, however, focus directly on multiple characters. The inclusion of the Dragonborn's presence is important to maintain the Skyrim theme. I therefore propose including the Dragonborn as a member's previously-existing character.

Sex, nudity and gore are facts of life in the harsh province of Skyrim. These things are more than likely to make appearances in this thread. However, I do ask that sex scenes be faded out. We do not need to go into detail on any of these unless it serves a particular purpose. The same goes for curses, sexism and racism. This thread is rated 18+ for a reason. Members do not necessarily need to be 18 y/o if they deem themselves mature enough to handle the given adult standards.

This roleplay thread is intended to be used by advanced creative writers. This is somewhat ironic, as the OP of this thread has just begun writing creative fiction again. I am a relatively new member, but I have several years of experience with roleplay threads and members of roleplaying websites. Do not treat myself or other members as though they are novices or advanced writers in this field. We are all co-creators of a drama, and this thread is our playing field. I am trusting that no rules need to be set in place. Thank you for your time and consideration by reading my given concerns.

IC
    Mordas, 9:30am, 17th of Last Seed, 4E 201
    Castle Dour dungeon, Solitude

Lesli Wallace

Mhairi – Lesli – had expected more out of her arrest.

She had not expected to be jumped by the Imperial guards, of course, but being caught was a decent possibility. She had been taken by carriage to Solitude, a city in the far north-west of the province of Skyrim. Why they had not taken her to a closer prison, she was unsure. She had questioned the guards during the journey, but they did not offer answers. One young soldier's expression suggested that they were surprised by her cooperations. Perhaps they had expected less from a horse-thief.

It was no lie that Lesli was a criminal in Skyrim. It was no surprise to her, noting her previous exploits. She was more taken aback by the pathetic attempt of the Dark Brotherhood of Cyrodiil on her life. When the Imperial soldiers had asked where she had come from, she had kept silent and tended to the injury on her face left by one guard's mace. She was fortunate that nothing had been broken. Deep lines were carved into the flesh of her right cheek and chin, surrounded by patched bruises.

The warden at the prison allowed her to tend to the wound. This hospitality also surprised Lesli. For all she knew, Skyrim was as harsh a province as it was cold. Wolves had tracked the carriage until they crossed into more civilized territory. A band of Khajiits had fought the animals off. Lesli had watched it all from the back of the cart, hands bound.

The prison cell was just about what she had expected: a small room enclosed by stone bricks and mortal. A barren table sat at one corner, a filthy fur bedroll at the other. At the back of the cell near the table is a segment of crumbling mortar. A strange symbol Lesli had never seen before – A circle with a vertical line through its center and an upside-down triangle below it – was carved in the stone next to the area. A stranger to Skyrim, Lesli assumed that it was nothing more than a drawing on the wall. She was not interested in pressing the wall. Escape was not an option; she had nowhere to go in this province, and no reason to run from her crime.

Lesli had slept on the stone floor the night before, too wary of the bedroll to attempt resting on it. She sat on said bedroll this morning, a wooden bucket filled with water and a thin linen wrap in front of her. She was grateful to the warden. He had been kinder than she had expected of a Nord. The prospect of any friendly stranger made her feel uncomfortable – especially a Nord. She looked out of the metal-barred cell door and saw one of the guards walking out of sight. She didn't want to thank him, anyways. She soaked the linen wrap in the water and touched it to her facial wound.

She brought her bare right hand to her as well. Lesli looked at her hand for a moment and removed the linen wrap from her skin. Her right hand clenched as if holding a ball. The orange light of Restoration magic was barely visible. Lesli did not have much practice in the art of Restoration, but she had discovered that it was enough to quicken the scarring process. Footsteps sounded from the guard making his rounds. The faint light died in Lesli's hand. She dipped the linen wrap in water again, staring into the water. Warden Ardell Matrius had told her that he would return to her when he found out how long she would need to remain in the dungeon. She looked, again, towards the cell door. I cannot do another two years. She would attempt to serve her time, but how long might that be?

P.S

I apologize for the length of this first post. I do not expect any amount of length from any members, although quality is important. This is the first fiction segment I have written in two years. It is not an incredible piece. I look forward to the criticism that will help me evolve in various ways. Jump in at your own cue. Provide a link to your character(s) biography if it is not already linked in your signature. Thank you. Look for a link to the OOC th read for this roleplay thread in my signature; if it is not there, it will soon be added. Also, your character does not need to be in Solitude. This just so happens to be where Lesli's adventure in Skyrim begins. I look forward to roleplaying with you.

OOC

View the “λsнεs τσ λsнεs” OOC thread via the below link. Post on the OOC thread only if you are currently roleplaying in the “λsнεs τσ λsнεs” roleplay thread, or returning from a leave of absence. Look for links to this thread, the OOC thread, and Lesli Wallace's bio IN MY SIGNATURE in the near future. Thank you.

» CLICK HERE « to access the “λsнεs τσ λsнεs” OOC thread.

9wjs6EF.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/9wjs6EF.jpg

OOC

If this thread is not replied to by the end of February, I will render it inactive. From then on, I will rewrite Lesli Wallace's bio in her character card and either start another new thread or join an existing one. If you are even slightly interested in this roleplay thread, please join. I understand that Lesli is not the most intricate character available, and that there are plenty of other more interesting threads on this website. I have not disappointed in the past, and I do not intend to start doing so now. I would be grateful to begin roleplaying again as soon as possible. I hope that you find it within yourself / yourselves to join this thread. Thank you for your consideration. Again, if it remains inactive by the end of February, it will be added to the Inactive threads and I will be forced to begin anew. Lesli's character is not the best, nor will she be the last, but I hope that I can do something with what I already have instead of having to change it.

Good day.