• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Sorry for the silence. Been all kinds of stuff going on here lately, from renovating a kitchen to being out of state for the weekend. But I'm also here! I unfortunately didn't wear my militia uniform to this roll call. Don't hurt me please.

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    @Keidivh

Where have you been lately?

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
    Staff member
    Awesome post, Baroth! I LOVED it! There was one part towards the beginning I'm having a bit of trouble rationalizing, but overall every time I went looking for it so I could point it out, I would find one of the other parts of the post instead and forget what I was looking for, getting caught in the moment again!

As for the part I had trouble with, in the beginning of the post the spider has her webs on Baroth's shield and is attempting to reel him in as they struggle for it. The Boar sees the opportunity and dives in. There are two reasons I can think of where the Spider and the Boar could have ended Baroth's struggle right there.

One: The spider sends electricity down the web, shocking Baroth. This would keep the Boar from making physical contact with Baroth but Baroth would either let go of the shield or take heavy damage.

Two: Instead of trying to punch you while you're stubbornly trying to hold on to the shield, the Boar decides to go direct and get you in a hold, best case scenario knocking you out worst case scenario breaking your neck. Any attempt to jump or otherwise lift your feet would be thrown off by the spider, who would logically spot you jumping and do her best to yank you out of your intended trajectory and off your feet.

It could just be that I misunderstood what I was reading, but a better scenario would be Baroth baiting the strong jerk by attempting to jump, and then letting go of the shield in time for the spider to get thrown off balance.

Staff member
    Hmmm. I'm not sure what we could do until we finish then :/

Staff member
    Maybe you could talk to Blackdoom, and maybe do some retconning to your old post so that you two can do some RPing. He needs to relink with us as well after all.

fellowknight

The Devil In The Details
    Awesome post, Baroth! I LOVED it! There was one part towards the beginning I'm having a bit of trouble rationalizing, but overall every time I went looking for it so I could point it out, I would find one of the other parts of the post instead and forget what I was looking for, getting caught in the moment again!

As for the part I had trouble with, in the beginning of the post the spider has her webs on Baroth's shield and is attempting to reel him in as they struggle for it. The Boar sees the opportunity and dives in. There are two reasons I can think of where the Spider and the Boar could have ended Baroth's struggle right there.

One: The spider sends electricity down the web, shocking Baroth. This would keep the Boar from making physical contact with Baroth but Baroth would either let go of the shield or take heavy damage.

Two: Instead of trying to punch you while you're stubbornly trying to hold on to the shield, the Boar decides to go direct and get you in a hold, best case scenario knocking you out worst case scenario breaking your neck. Any attempt to jump or otherwise lift your feet would be thrown off by the spider, who would logically spot you jumping and do her best to yank you out of your intended trajectory and off your feet.

It could just be that I misunderstood what I was reading, but a better scenario would be Baroth baiting the strong jerk by attempting to jump, and then letting go of the shield in time for the spider to get thrown off balance.

*Checks my post*

Oh gosh you're right...

Well, this post was written in a rush, so i had to assume the Boar was connected to the Spider's webs, limiting her from using her electricity, but that's okay! I'll see if i can't send Baroth for more of a tumble!

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    Is this still going?

@Keidivh, where are you?

Keidivh

Noble exile of High Rock
    @Rydar Drake

*Bursts into the room and collapses on the ground, hyperventilating as he tries to catch his breath before popping up for one second* "I'M BACK!"

Sorry guys, I just got married and am back for my honeymoon! We also just moved in to our apartment so been beyond busy, and fell way behind on all my rps.

I apologize for not informing you all beforehand, the wedding week just seemed to sneak up on me and after that all my time was spent planning and setting that up.

All that aside I am back! And I'll have my post up tomorrow :)

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    @Rydar Drake

*Bursts into the room and collapses on the ground, hyperventilating as he tries to catch his breath before popping up for one second* "I'M BACK!"

Sorry guys, I just got married and am back for my honeymoon! We also just moved in to our apartment so been beyond busy, and fell way behind on all my rps.

I apologize for not informing you all beforehand, the wedding week just seemed to sneak up on me and after that all my time was spent planning and setting that up.

You're married! Congrats!

Keidivh

Noble exile of High Rock
    @Rydar Drake

You're married! Congrats!

Thanks!!:D And yes I am! Truly the best day of my life!

How've you all been!?

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    Other than lacking a Breton and a certain Asari? :D

Haha! Congratulations on your marriage!

I haven't been bad, working mostly.

Melee

I'm back, bitches
    Jesus christ I have not been getting notifications for any of this. I am so sorry. I don't know if anyone else has posted but I'll work on a post!