Writers Guild? An Idea...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Shew

Account closed (at sincere request).
I have been thinking of starting up a service guild. A inner crew of similar people that help out around the site. By mentoring new writers, welcomeing new writers to the forums and by assisting with the little tricks and techniques of formating that are particular to Skyrim forums.

I am going to open this up to those who have the following qualifications:

Planing on being a member of the forums for a long time to come
200+ posts with a 90% or better. Good rating
have to be a writer: Article, Fan Fiction, Blog, or Role Play.
Be willing to take time each week and help out with tasks
And show skill and caring in their craft, and their dealings with others.
Would prefer premium members, but any form of membership is fine. Its not much and it really helps run things. :)

Basically I want friendly and skilled people to volunteer to help their fellow forum members, and team up. Be able to call on others to help each other with their skills and knowledge.

I will start a private conversation with members including us all.
Which limits the size of it to 25 plus myself. (one advantage of being a RP mod :) )
Officers, titles and other rules I think we should settle on together
We can have a badge if someone wishes to make one.
Not sure on a good name besides the writers guild.

I would also like to have people up on their Elder Scrolls lore. Having a expert to bounce ideas off of sounds like a great way to insure better details in our stories and writings.
Not saying know everything, but have a particular subject you know real well? Well then Fabulous!

Not much of a lore knower, but if you'd have me a a writer i'd gladly join! Good idea, bu the way.

Geel-Kajin

I am interested in joining, as I want to help the newer people to role-play. I realize that the quality of posts by the newer members are not up to the original standard. This may not be true for all, but I believe there is room for improvement.

Qualifications:
I do plan to be here for a long time :)
I currently have 762 posts, with a 100% rating
Writer in Role play
Is willing to help out in tasks
Sadly, I am not a premium member. I would be, but I am not of age to own a credit card.

If you accept me, I promise to help the community, the Role Play community in particular, develop and improve.

DarkEastwood

Are we allowed to join mid-flight of the Writer's Guild? I'm still making my way here on the Forums, and I'm still only watching from a view on the Blog, Article, and Fan Fiction sections. I have yet to post my own things (other than my Morag Tong Assassin, which should be in the Fan Fiction).

Shew

Are we allowed to join mid-flight of the Writer's Guild? I'm still making my way here on the Forums, and I'm still only watching from a view on the Blog, Article, and Fan Fiction sections. I have yet to post my own things (other than my Morag Tong Assassin, which should be in the Fan Fiction).
yes the Guild will continue to grow and as soon as you meet the base requirements just apply again.

I can write, if not as a full memeber, I'm willing to contribute. I'm also probably a little short on Post-count, (a relative Nijbe) but I know the game mechanics, and a lot of the back story. (Enough to know that it's in flux due to the nature of Dragon breaks with conflicting sources written in intentionally.) Is this to be some sort of limited access Wiki, or just a collection of Stories/Articles?

A.Auditore

maybe...
OOOH OOOH PICK ME PICK ME!!! *giggles* :eek:

Shew

its a volunteer group for helping other newer writers and forum members. And your count is good so is your rep have you done any other writing Psiberxerker. And you only had to ask Ashleigh.

A.Auditore

maybe...
i know i wanted to be a dork :D

Geel-Kajin

Says the person wielding a giant yellow feather and having a glowing hand XD

Geel-Kajin

Lol that ain't fair! So just because you only have one giant-purple-bubble-puffing-dragon makes you any better?
:D