• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

TheGingerCat

After Dawnguard I can't wait for the next DLC, and have so many possibilities of what it could be:

Likely candidates based on lore
-The invasion of the Falmer onto Skyrim soil.There is a book in skyrim called The Falmer:A Study (I believe thats right) that says that above ground attacks have become more common.It also said something about the biggest threat mankind has ever seen.(Might possibly be an overexaggeration)
-Thalmor attack on Skyrim.Since skyrim has been weakened from the dragon attacks and civil war it would be the perfect time for them to start the 2nd Great War.you would fight alongside whichever side of the civil war you chose.

Candidates that aren't directly associated with lore
-The return of the dwarves.That would be frikin cool
-Visiting a deadras realm
-Extended quests for already present factions(thieves guild,dark brotherhood,etc)
-Dragon Mounts baby!!!(very unlikely though...)
-Werebear
-all the cool stuff at the skyrim game jam

The next dlc will likely be called Hearthfire,as it has been trademarked in the same way that dawnguard was.What are your ideas on the next dlc?theres a conjuration book in skyrim called hearthfire(based on events in the month Hearthfire).PS,can somebody clear up if the month and the trademarked name are spelled the same?

Declando

Dwarvenborn
I'm waiting for what the Thalmor have to say about the civil war, that will make some good DLC right there.

Gold, lots of death, loot, tonnes of fun.

Void567

I think there should be like a dwemer dlc and just some random things I think they should also have it where you can get a new wife and be able to marry serana in the dlc

Professor Skalvar

General of the Euphoric Gentleman's Club
I think there should be like a dwemer dlc and just some random things I think they should also have it where you can get a new wife and be able to marry serana in the dlc
Why make more marriage options DLC exclusive when it could be a part of a patch?

edge

Im hoping for a daedric realm and if i could choose any realm it would be the realm of hircine because that would be sweet and i hope that if they do that you get to become hircine like in the oblivion dlc. It would be pretty sweet if you could be the god of the hunt

Thallik the Orc

Blacksmith
would be cool if it was just called "Rogue" and you could join a band of bandits and rape and pillage, and if you wanted to you could join some "town watch" and take down the bandits

I reckon the next one probably won't be about the falmer or dwemer, but hey I could be wrong. With so many potential avenues to explore plus that they already covered a lot of falmer lore in Dawnguard I think we'll get something unexpected. As for return of the dwemer, I guess its possible but I'd prefer it to be in a whole other game as it is such a huge event and it would be pretty cool to be able to play as one.
I'd be surprised if it featured the Thalmor invasion, if such an invasion occurs because of the huge scale of the invasion, how would the other provinces react, do they also get invaded etc. Also a possible subject for the next game (but not in Skyrim). I think it's too big an event to cover in a DLC.

In my opinion it'll probably be something like another oblivion plane, the Isle of Artaeum or somewhere not in Skyrim. But hey who knows this is just my thoughts at the moment! Probably way off the mark knowing Bethesda.

Pingu

a.k.a Charlie Goodvibes
According to the official forums Bethesda recently TM'ed ''Hearthfire''. Ever since there have been rumors flying around that it might be the name of new content. Apparently Dawnguard is nice, but too small to be considered an add-on, like Shivering Isles for example. (I can't confirm this since I've played neither one.) This raises suspicion that something bigger might be in the works, and that something might be an add-on called Hearthfire. As you may well know, Hearthfire is a month on TES calendar and it has specific dates with special events. Here's a list:

Heartfire is the ninth of the 12 seasons in the Elder Scrolls universe. It is considered to be a Fall (Autumn) month. (by our definition). It is homologous to September (March in the Southern Hemisphere)

Annual Events during Heartfire:
  1. 1st of Hearthfire: The Rites of Moawita practiced by the Psijic Order.
  2. 3rd of Hearthfire: Tales and Tallows - A celebration of Necromancy. Many citizens fear this day, and avoid the streets
  3. 6th of Hearthfire: Khurat is celebrated in the Wrothgarian Mountains
  4. 12th of Hearthfire: Riglametha held in Lainlyn.
  5. 19th of Hearthfire: Children's Day celebrated in Betony.
Source: Calendar - The Elder Scrolls Wiki

Number 2 certainly looks interesting enough to base new content on in my opinion. The rest I'm not familiar with since Skyrim is the first game I've played in the TES series. Sadly enough, Bethesda TM'ing ''Hearthfire'' having to do with upcoming content is pure conjecture at this point since we lack any further information.

Being a PS3/PC gamer I am still waiting on Dawnguard myself anyway.

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat
Im hoping for a daedric realm and if i could choose any realm it would be the realm of hircine because that would be sweet and i hope that if they do that you get to become hircine like in the oblivion dlc. It would be pretty sweet if you could be the god of the hunt
Hiricine was the main Lord of a Morrowind DLC so making him the major Lord of a Skyrim DLC is unlikely. I would like to see one of the less understood Daedric Lords get some spot light time. Like Mephala. She is still a mystery to everyone and barely understood. Hell her gender isn't even certain to be female. She is, in my opinion, the most mysterious and interesting of the Daedric Lords and has had very little about her understood and therefore has plenty of room for growth in a DLC.

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat
If we look at any game of this style DLC 1 = new content and such nothing too big, but nice and a good hold over till the next DLC (hopefully). DLC 2 = HUGE ASS MOTHER fluffING EXPANSION WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Therefore the next expansion will likely be a new map, multiple side-quests, a well developed main story-line, new features, expansions to existing features, new enemies, new followers, new powerful spells, items with powers we couldn't begin to guess at, new powers that make your enemies heads hurt, and a boss to make all but the level 81 gods cry.

That said I want some one-handed ranged weapons!

Clevdawg15

Well just my opinion but SINCE hearthfire is like September, one of the last months before winter,Maybe hearthfire refers to " a coming storm" or something close. I think it will take place in the prelude to a BIG event, a harsh event taking place that winter.

Now my imagination would like to see an invasion of an unknown enemy, something big enough to force an uneasy alliance for man and the AD (to be put in a later game). I hope the actual add on may take place on Atmora, the continent north of tamerial where the nords first came or even Akivar. What would be more likely would be if the new area would be an island between tamerial and Atmora/Akivar where the dragonborn travels to and finds a new empire preparing to invade Tamerial.

From there the character would be enslaved, to a noble, to work in the forges to supply the army and the character would need to work out of slavery, persuade his master to help him, to be able to freely roam the island without open hostility but with little kindness. The dragonborn would then help a few wealthy officers who have second thoughts about the invasion to begin a coup to delay the invasion and get a boat to return home. Then TES 6 would begin with the invasion.

My ideas are kind of "out there" but i like them

Tosh Raka

Tiger Dragon of Ka'Po'Tun
I'm simply speculating here, and while everyone has very viable guesses as to the events tied to Tamriel, let's take a closer, and perhaps a more interesting twist on the "hearth fire" title. Besides what the Skyrim wikis say about the books related to Hearthfire (from the last year of the 1st era) if we look closely at the text there's a heavy influence of "Versidue-Shaie" an Akaviri Potentiate from the end of the first era in Tamriel. We then tie this to the Land of Akavir, supposed birthplace of the dragon. Put into place the fact that sky haven temple is an Akaviri structure, We could well see the introduction of the long awaited Akavir. Honestly it's been too long that we havnt seen these suckers.

Orange_

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa! Watch the magic!
Whatever it is, no more forced followers, please. It's possible to introduce a new character without shoving her down my throat....and if I want a companion then make it an option

I spent all game choosing the options of "you stay safe, let me handle it alone" or whatever the equivalents were whenever it was possible in quests with random potential followers and the quests where I didn't have the option and had to take people were my least favorite cause I felt like a baby sitter and it messed with my clean and efficient style. Lo and behold, that's the whole main quest line in the DLC

I would like something that involved the Psijic order. They seem to be the most powerful mages, but we really don't know much about them.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts