• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Wolfie

|ooc|

I've had a few people asking me if my other Bannered Mare thread is still open, and although I replied that it was, I've decided to create a new thread altogether. This thread will remain open throughout the years, and as long as you abide by the regular rules anyone and everyone is welcome.
    Although there is no exactly plot for this thread, the main idea is that, in the midst of the civil war, while dragons roam about and the wilds are not safe, The Bannered Mare remains a safe haven for nearly everyone in Skyrim. The Dark Brotherhood has begun to rise, however, causing panic throughout the lands; the Thieves Guild, still accepting recruits, is beginning to regain their footing. Along with them, the Companions and the Mages Guild(College of Winterhold) have begun some sort of secret association that has begun to circulate rumors. The Jarl has closed up Dragonsreach ... Skyrim seems to have turned into a game of kings and pawns, and nobody is safe.
    Any kind of character is allowed, although, mainly since I and many others have not yet downloaded and played it yet, please don't have any Dawnguard characters/plots/etc. in this RP. Thank you! Let the game begin ;)

My character!

Character Name: Labrys Endowen
    Race: Breton
    Class: Archery, Conjuration, Enchanting, Speech, and a bit of Lockpicking and Destruction.
    Looks: Labrys has light gold hair. Her face is pale for a Breton, and black warpaint is based around her eyes in a likeness of a decorative double-headed war axe's twin blades. Her eyes are a full enigmatic grey with no pupils whatsoever - they have an effect that makes them seem darker in sunlight and bright in the darkness. She always appears to be indifferent although that is hardly ever the case. Her forearms, shoulders, and torso are well-based and muscular like an archer's, odd for a female Breton, although she carries no bow and quiver with her to the common eye. She's lithe, with high cheekbones and wary, large but slightly narrow eyes that seem to be the only thing that displays her emotions, though somewhat foggily when she attempts to hide it.
    Personality: Labrys is a challenging woman, always silently daring for someone to openly oppose her thoughts or actions. She loves to fight - not necessarily people, but along the likes of bandits and trolls and the such - but is impatient to learn new things in a slow manner; take for instance the fact that she'd rather learn swordplay directly rather than her swordmaster spewing enigmatic riddles - oddly like Labrys herself does - and giving her books to read. She's just not a patient person, always eager for adventure. She isn't touchy-touchy, but she does have a bit heart.
    Combat Prefs: Labrys carries twin ebony daggers with her, a trophy from a battle with several thieves that she encountered when she was younger, but she hardly uses them. She's being taught by a Master Rheon about the arts of swordplay, but her heart lies in archery; although she harries not a bow nor arrow with her, she conjures a bow instead. Being practically a master conjurer, she always tends to conjure a "friend" - Familiar - to help her out in tight situations.
    Misc: She tends to ask a lot of questions, interested in other's lives but reluctant to share her own life story. She was born in Shor's Stone, yet the only memory that marks that place for her was the last time she saw her father before he ran off to help with the Imperials. Ever since he left, she left home for adventure, ending up in Whiterun Hold, helping the guards fend off bandits and doing petty mercenary work. She has a hard time not doing something if someone tells her not to do it, too, although who doesn't?

|ic|
    She was a mercenary.
    She might as well wear a sign stating it. Labrys met the eyes of the barmaid who watched her, her old friend Helga, before they both looked away. Labrys gripped her bottle of mead and took a sip, her eyes scanning the inn.

Em_Pu

You wouldn't believe if i told yea
    Name: Daeron
    Race: Dark Elf
    Class: Ranger/arms expert
    Appearance: 5' 10" long white hair, tribal war paint, athletic build, red eyes,

Personality: Very opinionated, won't say no to a challenge, man of personal rules.

Story: Born in Morrowwind raised in skyrim to be a assassin and mercenary for the highest bidder. He never knew his family or where his families origin. Do to this he searches for his past, and killing those who need to be killed. Someone willing to kill for money or a personal reason, he only kills in ways that should cause instant death, anything else and Dearon considers it overkill and unnecessary. He has a sentence written on his duel elvish short swords (if you remember short swords from Morrowwind) that says "A man without a past, has no future."

Misc: Uses two homemade Elvish short swords, is a well educated man. Uses Elvish armor (Lord of the Rings Elvish armor, look it up so cool) and also deadly with a bow.

Sword and spear looking weapon my character will be using :)

Attachments

• hb_spear2.jpg
      hb_spear2.jpg
      8.5 KB · Views: 7

Wolfie

(Even though it's a WIP, as you said, Dearon is still accepted into this RP :D)

She saw nothing of interest and took another swallow of Honningbrew mead before setting it down on the table. She was sitting to the left of the bar area at a small square table, relaxing for the time being until someone came to report an item lost in some dank dungeon. Seriously, if they had the heart to go there in the first place then what's the terror in returning?

Em_Pu

"Helga one drink please?" Daeron asked Politely as he walk towards the fire in the middle of the room, "There you go. 5 septims sir" Helga put out her hand waiting on Daeron, He gives her the 5 septims needed. He finally sinks into his chair watching the people in the Mare tonight, "You barb, play me a song." Daeron jesters.

Song fills the air of The Bannered Mare, as if no one has heard a joyful tune in quite some time. "Why do these look people so sad?" Daeron muttered to himself.

Wolfie

"Because of the raids, and because of the war." Labrys had lifted her head as Daeron he spoke. Michael, singing and fiddling in a slightly rusty fashion, continued to bay softly into the air.
    She shook her head sadly and returned her faze to Daeron, her full grey eyes glinting in her pale-dusk face. She, today, was adorned in some kind of mixture between mage robes and leather armor; it was some kind of close-knit navy-blue set of robes with a thin golden trim on the sleeves that hugged her thin wrists. Around her torso clung to her the breastplate of leather armor, fashioned for a woman.

Em_Pu

"I see." Daeron pondered this woman's sentence, "I am sorry, I did not mean to sound arrogant or rude miss. I have not been in Skyrim for quite some time." Daeron said as he took a sip of his mead. "So with this I take my leave." he was in his Black and silver trim elvish armor, his short swords on his back and his bow and arrows around them. "Oh before I leave. Who is king of Skyrim now? I must have a word with him." Daeron said as he checks his armor, and prepares to leave for Solitude.

Wolfie

Labrys couldn't help it. She stared at the man. "General Tullius commands the Imperial Legion, but the Emperor is the one who rules Skyrim. If you wish to talk with him, good luck. If you wish to speak with General Tullius, however, I'd be glad to accompany you there." She paused, then added, "You weren't being rude ... uh, sir. I often wonder that as well."

Em_Pu

"Yes that is the man I want to see, I have a bone to pick with him." said Daeron seeing how sharp is blades were, "If you would be so kind. Do you know of any mages in the area that would be willing to come along for the journey miss? asked Daeron as he moved closer to the woman in blue robes.

Wolfie

(Nice spear weapon and armor btw :D)

She watched him carefully. "Aye; me," she replied after a moment. A bone to pick with Tullius. What else is an Legionnaire mage supposed to think about that? "We can take a carriage to Solitude. I know a few people in the Legion city, so getting to talk with him shouldn't be a problem."

Em_Pu

(Thanks :) the spear is from HellBoy 2)

"Oh... well, good." Daeron said surprisingly, "Lets go shall we?" Daeron heads towards the door, "Before we go anything you need?" Daeron looking at her as if time is valuable, and as if he is in a hurry.

Wolfie

(That was a pretty cool movie :))

She hid her emotions behind a mask. "Nope," she replied. She turned to look at Helga as she took a last sip of mead. "Keep the place in ashes for me till I get back, eh?" It was an old joke between the two. Helga smiled and shook her head. Labrys opened the door and stepped outside, keeping it open for Daeron.

Em_Pu

(My dad and I love that movie hoping for a third :))

"Thank you," he continues to walk "So the carriage will take us straight to Solitude?" Daeron being careful on what he says as he walks. "Also why join someone for journey when you barely know who they are?" Daeron asks as he looks at Labrys, with odd intent.

Wolfie

(Yeah, I'm a huge superhero fan..even though Hellboy isn't technically a superhero, he's still awesome:D)

She met his eyes after a second. "Because I was bored of staying in the Mare for so long, waiting for something to do and wasting my time." Taking care of her word choice, she continued, "It seemed a good idea to travel to Solitude, nonetheless. The Solitude guards could use some bow training; they fire like dancing skeevers." She didn't mention the fact that she was a Legionnaire, so she wanted to watch this stranger as closely as she could without being recognized. She was curious, as well; what problem did he have with Tullius? Underneath her robes, well-hidden, her amulet of Talos felt cold to her bare skin.

Em_Pu

(Agreed :p who's your fav? and I am more into the anti heros, like Deadpool.)

"How long were there for? You teach the soldiers archery?" wonders Daeron as he walks the carriage in view. His palms sweaty, his heart pounding, time felt fragile and scarce at this moment in time. "Oh and before we got here's some coin for the help." Daeron says sticking out his hand while holding a small coin beg, in doing this he expose a small tattoo (possibly war paint) on his inner wrist. He stares at her with wondering eyes, as if he is going to calculate every move, every word.

Wolfie

(I'm not sure ... I used to be a huge Spiderman fan, but now I enjoy creating my own 'talented' heroes.)

Labrys's eyes snapped to the darkness clinging to the stranger's inner wrist before her eyes, just as quickly, returned to his face. She accepted the bag without protest, giving him a silent nod of thanks. "In a way, aye," she replied, keeping it short. She tended to tell people too much, so this time she was a little more guarded. "By the way, I'm Labrys. Labrys Endowen."

Em_Pu

(spiderman really? LOL and true say on that one)

"Nice to meet you Labrys. My name is Daeron" Daeron said in a low tone, He steps up onto the carriage. "Now, miss do you have any business in Solitude?" he asks in curiosity, waiting for the her to tell the carriage driver where to go.

Wolfie

(lol I said 'used to'...that was when I was about 10 years old, I think. I don't really have a favorite anymore :p)

She looked away from him for a moment, looking at the carriage driver and saying softly, "Take us to Solitude, please, Tonvir." She pressed a handful of coins into his hand. Tonvir nodded and stirred in his seat. She returned her attention to Daeron as she walked around the carriage and stepped up onto it, taking a seat on one of the wooden benches. "Not really," she admitted, "but I'm hoping to find some. And pleased to meet you, Daeron. If it was a darker day, you'd realize that I'm a mercenary. I help the Whiterun guards with bandits and do small tasks for the hold. I'm curious to see if Solitude could use some help."

Kir the Silent

Until Your Flesh Is Consumed
    My character is in my signature below.

Wolfie

(Aye, you're of course accepted into this RP :D My character cards are below(I made a new character today.).)

tomlfc2000

Hi this is my first post so sorry if its rubbish :)

Name: Nolik Tatereyn
    Race: Nord
    Skills: Speech, Archery, Smithing and Alchemy
    Looks: A short man in his late 60's, his fair skiing seems like a crumpled piece of paper, flaking at the cheeks. His thin, crusty lips open and close often, his yellow teeth hanging out of place. His low cheekbones alter the alignment of his crooked nose.
    Personality: A stubborn man who prefers to sit on his own in a quiet corner of the inn. He is a wiseman as he reads many books and can also answer many questions. He is quite sharp tongued and words seem to roll of his tongue even if they are racist or very opinionated remarks.
    Combat: He doesn't enter combat very often but does use an Orcish dagger and an Elven Bow. He uses homemade potions to help himself.
    Backstory: A former healer and proud kinsman, he would travel the icy wastelands in search for his lost Amulet of Talos. He found it one day but a group of bandits at the Embershand Mine stole it. He was a cheery sole until that day. He would offer a large reward if the Amulet was recovered.

Thanks hope it's ok :)