Spoiler Solknight II: The Apocalypse

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, thanks for visiting our fan fiction section. You should only write stories that aren't related to your character's encounters, if you wish to write a story about your character please post an entry in your blog.

Before reading or writing a story, please make sure to read this thread. Thanks, Guest, and we hope you enjoy this section.

Hi! It's me again! You might have read the first Solknight story that I wrote. If not, I recommend that you read it first. But it's not completely necessary, it just tells the basic backstory of Buffington Battle-Born. There's a link for it in the description. Anyways, here is chapter 1 of Solknight II: the Apocalypse!

WARNING: story may contain spoilers for every questline, including Dawnguard.

This story takes place 20 years after the events of Skyrim's main questline. If focuses on my main character in Skyrim, Buffington Battle-Born (yes, he is the Dovahkiin), and his new adventures. He renamed himself as Solknight because he was a knight who fought alone. Soon, though, he will find out that some battles must be won with more than one badass.

CHAPTER I

“It has been almost 19 years since I killed Emperor Titus Mede. Did it bring Ulfric back? No. Do I feel better? Yes. It has been almost 20 years since I killed Alduin. Why are there still dragons? I don’t know. All I care about is the fact that I feel something in my soul… an unexpected evil. I know this feeling. It is Alduin. I also feel something from Oblivion. The Daedra? No, that would be impossible. It’s probably Alduin suffering in Oblivion. But, there is another feeling that haunts my soul: depression. I took my fiancé, Lydia, on an adventure with me last week. We were searching Volunruund for a Word Wall when, suddenly, a Dragon Priest appeared. I took him down easily. I looked behind me, and saw an army of Draugr. I fought most of them off, and then retreated. I ran out of the ruin and looked behind me. I lost them. I wiped sweat off of my forehead and headed for Shadowmmere, to return to Whiterun. But the, I remembered: ‘Lydia’. I began to cry as I sprinted back for the burrow. I got inside, and slaughtered every beast I saw. I looked everywhere for Lydia, and heard a pained voice say ‘My thane…’. I turned around, and saw Lydia lying on the floor soaked in her own blood with various sword wounds and an arrow in her heart. Her last words to me were “Don’t worry, I’ll know you’ll find a new soul mate… I… I know you will.’ That was the worst thing that ever happened to me. I must also mention the biggest mistake I ever made. Joining the Legion. I wanted to be a Stormcloak when I was a little boy, but the Battle-Borns raised me to support the Empire. I thought that if I joined the rebellion, then my family would hate me. I made the mistake of supporting Tullius, and I made the mistake of killing Ulfric. Today, I am a spy for what’s left of the Stormcloak rebellion. I must stop writing now; Someone is knocking on my door.” That was the last entry of Buffington Battle-Born’s Journal.

He opened the door of Hjerim to see his Kajiit friend, Racksada “What is it? Dragons?” Asked Solknight.

“The Jarl needs to discuss some… business with you. Racksada is not very sure what this is about; the Jarl just needs to see you urgently.”

“Understood. I’ll see you tomorrow. Enjoy your visit in Windhelm.”

“Thank you. Racksada hopes to see you soon.”

Solknight took a short walk to the Palace of the Kings to see what was going on. “What is wrong?”

“My Thane, I’m glad you could make it,” said Jarl Brunwulf. “We have a serious problem.”

“Let me guess. Another Robbery. Or maybe Zoe Gold again.”

“No, I’m afraid that it’s much more serious… it’s Alduin.”

Click here to view Chapter 2.

Click here to view Chapter 3

Click here to view Chapter 4

Click here to view Chapter 5

Click here to view Chapter 6

Click here to view Chapter 7

Make sure to leave feedback and constructive criticism and continue to check the thread for more chapters!!!

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
You need to be more descriptive and not break the fourth wall. The only positive thing I can offer is that it's a bit better than your first one.

Jersey, please describe how I was breaking the 4th wall. Thanks for the feedback, though! It helps a lot.

Jersey Dagmar

It may have not been mentioned before, but he chose to change his name to Solknight because he is a warrior who prefers to fight alone. Before I get too off-topic, I should continue what has happened to him.

This. If you're being the narrator, you need to make that clear. The off-topic bit is just overall very sloppy.

This. If you're being the narrator, you need to make that clear. The off-topic bit is just overall very sloppy.
Trust me, it will tie into the end. ;)

Okay, thanks. I couldn't think of another way to word it. By the way, DON'T READ WHAT I WROTE AT THE TOP... unless you want to spoil the whole damn thing.

Jersey Dagmar

That's the problem, you're not making any sense with this story. It has to have a solid direction and execution. And if this ties in with your other thread, you should probably get them merged, instead of having two different threads.

That's the problem, you're not making any sense with this story. It has to have a solid direction and execution. And if this ties in with your other thread, you should probably get them merged, instead of having two different threads.
The other one was kind of practice for my fan fiction, and a backstory for my character. This is where plops gets real.

You're right. I need to be more descriptive. I'm describing all the major details outside of the chapter! LOL

Chapter II is here! Remember, I'm new at writing fan fiction, so I'm open to constructive criticism! :D Enjoy!

CHAPTER II

Solknight gave the Jarl a stern look. “That’s not funny,” he stated. “I’m usually okay with jokes, but I feel a power growing… a power of an all-powerful dragon! You almost gave me a heart attack!”

Brunwulf replied, “I’m afraid this is no joke. We’ve been getting twice as many dragon attacks, and there are reports of Alduin being spotted flying over the cities, mostly here in Windhelm. I actually think I saw him myself on my travels… unless, of course, there is another black dragon with spiked scales that can use numerous thu’um powers.”

“I knew he was coming, but I didn’t expect him to return so soon… I’m still skeptical.”

“I don’t know what we-” The Jarl of Easternarch was cut off by Olaf, a guard obviously named after King Olaf One-Eye, who came with some bad news.

“Sir, I hope I’m not interrupting anything important, but we have a dragon attack in the city! We can‘t fight him ourselves, especially at night! Dragonborn, give us a hand.”

Solknight drew his crossbow immediately and peeked out the front door. A revered dragon was attacking villagers and soldiers with his fire spells. Solknight put on his Daedric armor. “Here we go.” he whispered to himself. He sprinted outside with his crossbow in his hands. He then shot multiple bolts at the dragon, and didn’t miss with a single one. The dragon landed right in front of him and inhaled, preparing his fire breath. Solknight threw his crossbow to the side, and blocked the attack with Spellbreaker. The dragon took off, and used his fire breath on Windhelm and its people as he flew by. Solknight unleashed the power of the Dragonborn with the Dragonrend shout. The dragon felt extreme pain in his body and his soul, which caused him to violently crash-land into Candlehearth Hall. Solknight picked up his crossbow, rushed towards the beast, and drew his Mace of Molag Bal. He aimed the mace at the dragon’s head. “Any last words before I devour your soul?” asked Solknight. The dragon coughed up blood as he said “Mey… this is just the beginning. Nirn will burn, and all mortal souls shall suffer!” Solknight laughed and said “I don’t think so.” He then smashed the dragon’s skull, and absorbed his soul. He smiled and said “I love my job.”

His proud feeling was crushed as a large shadow passed over Windhelm. Solknight couldn’t make out the figure in the dark sky, until it landed in front of him; it was yet another dragon, a very large one. “Who are you and what do you want?”

Dovahkiin, you do not recognize me? Well, it has been 20 years, hasn’t it?”, said the mysterious dragon.

All hope Solknight had faded away.

“Alduin…”

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
Not bad overall. I do think it could a little bit more detail and flow. The dialogue could use some spice as well. Some examples:

"Dragon!" A guard shouted as he entered the room, sword already in hand. "My Jarl, a dragon has been sighted flying above the city. The alarm has been raised but we need more men! We can't fight this thing by ourselves, least of all at night!"

Etc, etc. Still, the story has potential so I say keep going with it. The only way to get better is to keep writing! :)

Chapter III is ready to be read! I hope you like it! Anything you think needs to be improved? Am I not following the lore correctly? Let me know, please. I'm new at writing fan fiction. :)
CHAPTER III

Alduin looked so much different than he did when he attacked Sovngarde. First of all, he was about three times his original size; each of his smaller teeth were the size of Solknight’s head. Also, Alduin’s eyes looked like those of a demon. They glowed red, and had a look of extreme anger and hatred to them. “Why have you come here,” asked Solknight. “and more importantly, how are you still alive?”

“When you ‘killed’ me, Molag Bal took my soul.”

“Why? Why would he want you?”

“He heard of my power, and my goal: to work with the dragons to destroy the mortals and have Nirn to ourselves. He wants me to help him bring all the mortal souls to Coldharbour to be his slaves. He gets his souls, and the dragons and I get the planet.”

“I’m surprised you haven’t made a move to kill me yet!”

“I’m surprised you haven’t tried to summon that fool, Odahviing. He is but a foolish little servant who follows in your filthy mortal footsteps, like Lydia. Where did you leave her? Oh yes, you left her for dead in the dungeon, and didn’t even bother to use a healing spell on her.”

This pushed Solknight past his limits of rage. He screamed as he transformed into his Werewolf form. After he made the transformation, he ripped off two of Alduin’s scales… and they instantly grew back. Alduin laughed as he took off and flew away.

Solknight looked around to see all the townsfolk staring at him, shocked. He ran out of the city, embarrassed, ashamed, and stressed; Windhelm knew his secret. He managed to revert form, get his clothes on, and he thought to himself “They’ll never trust me, now. I cannot come back to this city, or they’ll all try to kill me! If they don’t kill me, I’ll have to kill them. I don’t want to kill them! They are innocent people!” His heart was racing, and he thought he would die. “I just need to calm down and relax at an inn. I better get to the Bannered Mare.”

Solknight rode his famous horse, Shadowmere, to Whiterun to see an unpleasant sight… a legendary dragon destroying the city. Solknight sighed and said “You’ve got to be kidding me.” He rushed through the city gates and readied his Crossbow. He shot a few holes in the dragon’s wings, which made his flying much more difficult. He managed to land in front of Solknight and use his Drain Vitality shout. He absorbed most if Solknight’s stamina, health, and magic force. Solknight used a third level unrelenting force attack. To humanoids and smaller creatures, it is like a strong push amplified by a thousand times. To dragons, it is but a slap in the face. While the dragon was distracted, Solknight climbed onto his nose and stabbed it with Lord Harkon‘s sword, which he made a few modifications to. The dragon shook Solknight off of him, caught him in his mouth, spit him at the city wall. He slowly walked towards Solknight, who was lying on the floor, heavily wounded with no weapons in his hands. He was guaranteed that he was going to die there. Little did he know that he was wrong. One of Solknight’s greatest friends, Hadvar, seemed to come out of nowhere and attacked the dragon’s eyes with his dual Orcish war axes. This blinded the dragon, which gave Hadvar the chance to jump on top of him and stab him repeatedly. His attack killed the dragon, and he said to Solknight, “That’s thirty-nine. How many dragons have you killed? Let me guess, you lost count.” Solknight got onto his feet and smugly answered, “I think I’ve gotten about… two hundred and seventy-nine, not including Durnehviir or Alduin.”

“I doubt that.”

“Have you been going on adventures that attract dragons almost everyday since the day Helgen was attacked?”

“No…”

“Well, I do. Do you believe me yet?”

Hadvar chuckled as he said “You’re such a liar”

“You don’t have to believe that if you don’t want to. However, there is something I need you to believe. Alduin lives again. He made a deal with the Daedric prince, Molag Bal. I need you to help me hunt him down.”

“I knew he was back, but I didn’t know that he was working with the Daedra! How did you find this out?”

“I got a chance to talk with Alduin.”

“What? Why didn’t he kill you? Why didn’t you kill him?

“He just wanted to have a peaceful discussion with me, probably just to get to know more about me. I think I learned more about him. I asked questions, and he answered. Foolish thing for him to do; I know what he’s up to.”

“Interesting… let me know what I can do to help. I’ll be staying here, in Whiterun, for a few weeks. If you can’t find me, look for me in Riverwood.”

“Okay. I’ll let you know when I need your assistance. Let’s just get a drink at the inn, shall we?”

“Sure. I haven’t had a good mead in quite a while!”

They shared a few bottles of Black-Briar reserve at the Bannered Mare. They were as drunk as can be. Solknight shouted to the bard with a slurred speech, “Hey, Mikeal! Play us another song!” He replied, “Sure thing! Any requests?” Hadvar said “Hey! Play Ragnar the Red!” Mikeal did so, and almost everyone at the inn was singing along, dancing, and drinking. Solknight went to the Bard’s College, and learned a lot about music. Even when he was drunk, he could sing greatly. After hours of drinking and singing with his friends in Whiterun, he grew extremely tired, and rented a room from Ysolda. He slept until about 8:00 A.M. He didn’t wake up by himself; something woke him up. He couldn’t tell what it was. He tried to go back to sleep, but he heard a little girl’s voice whisper “Listener, wake up!” Solknight became startled, and loudly asked “Who said that?” The voice answered “Quiet down! It’s me, Babette, from the Brotherhood. I just wanted to let you know that the family will give you any help you’ll need with taking down Alduin and the Daedra.”

“Okay. Thank you, but where are you?”

“I’m using invisibility magic… I kind of snuck in.”

“You better get back to the Sanctuary.”

“Which one?”

“Oh yes, I almost forgot that we repaired the Falkreath sanctuary. And we use a few old ones across Tamriel. I’m so glad we’ve returned the Dark Brotherhood to its former glory, if we haven’t made it better than it ever was. I hope we make Sithis proud. Oh, could you and Nazir recruit some more murderers for me? I’ve got business to attend to.”

“Yes, sir. I hope to talk to you again soon.” And with that, Babette fled from the Bannered Mare through the openings in the roof; Solknight taught her some climbing and acrobatic tricks before.

Solknight thought to himself, “All these people are willing to help me. Perhaps I should get some more. I’ll ask for help from the Thieves’ Guild, the Dawnguard, the Legion, and the rebellion against the Aldmeri Dominion. Maybe even… yes, she will help. The daughter is going to be my only hope… the daughter of Coldharbour might know quite a bit about Molag Bal. I doubt the others will trust her, though. Smart of them.”

CHAPTER IV

Solknight walked out of the inn to see a new citizen sitting on the porch. He was a somewhat elderly Argonian in a beautiful set of armor. It was silver and gold, with an old Imperial-like design. He asked the Dragonborn, “Could you spare a Septim, sir?” Solknight handed him the coin as he said “Here you go. You look like more of a warrior than a beggar!” He said back, “I was once a war hero. I lost so much in my battles; swords, precious items… and friends. Everyone I knew is either dead, or thinks I’m dead. I wanted to keep this armor so I would at least have some clothing and protection on the roads here in Skyrim.”

“I haven’t seen you around here. Where do you come from?”

“I got here from Cyrodil, actually. Don’t tell anyone, but I kind snuck past the boarder patrol.”

Solknight laughed and said “I did the complete opposite 21 years ago! I tried to sneak into Cyrodil from Skyrim, and I got caught! In fact, I almost got my head chopped off for it!”

“Really? How did you avoid the execution?”

“They took me to Helgen. Right before the headsman could raise his axe to kill me, the dragon attacked.”

“You’re the one who the dragon accidentally saved? That means you’re…”

Solknight shook the beggar’s hand and said “Solknight, the Dragonborn. And you are?”

“You can call me Shadowlock. It‘s short for Shadow Lockpicker; I was an expert lock picker for the Thieves‘ Guild, and an assassin for the Dark Brotherhood. I wanted to be a Shadowscale when I was a boy in Black Marsh… but I wasn‘t born under the sign of the Shadow. I also had this ridiculous name in the war, but I don‘t go by it anymore.”

“I knew the last living Shadowscale… but he was killed.”

“Oh, you’re in the Dark Brotherhood?”

“Yes. In fact, I lead the Brotherhood; I’m the Listener!”

“You’re the Listener?!”

“Yes. The ghost of Lucien Lachance guides me in my leadership of the family.”

“I’m having a hard time believing you, but I have a bit of an unbelievable story myself. Do you know what the Oblivion Crisis was?”

“Yes, it was when Mehrunes Dagon opened portals to Oblivion all across Cyrodil for his invasion, which was stopped by Akatosh and the sacrifice of Martin Septim right when the Dagon himself walked in the Imperial City. What about it?”

“I was there.”

“What? That’s impossible! It was over 200 years ago!”

“I became a vampire 7 years after the Crisis ended. I wasn’t cured until around the time Helgen was destroyed.”

“Wow. What was your ridiculous title? I’m curious to know.”

“Oh, it was just a boastful nickname for a simple task I did.”

“What was it?”

“It was ’The Hero of Kavatch’.”

Solknight laughed so hard that he fell on his knees. He got back up and said to Shadowlock “By the Gods, I almost fell for that! Oh, I think I’ll have to use that one sometime! Wait… you’re serious, aren’t you?”

“I swear on all that is sacred that I am the Hero of Kavatch.”

“I guess it is possible; the Champion of Cyrodil was an Argonian with the special golden armor that… wait a minute… you’re wearing the Imperial Dragon armor! I knew that thing you’re wearing had some significance! It matches the descriptions from the stories perfectly! I’d never think that I’d see it in person!”

“Amazing, isn’t it? These sets were only meant to be worn by the Emperors themselves! Well, they had to specially craft this one, because I needed a set that had a helmet that would fit my Argonian head and have a tail-hole in the greaves. Then again, I am taller than most of the Emperors were. Also, I’ve heard of Alduin’s return, and that he’s working with a Daedric prince! It’s so horrible. My old enemies… with your old enemies… who both almost destroyed the world.”

“But you saved the world, and so did I. We can do it again, if we work together. Do you think you can still fight, old man?”

“I’m up to destroy anything, but I’m without a home or a weapon.”

“You know what? I have a home here in Whiterun, called Breezhome. Here’s me spare key. You can live in the guest room for as long as you’d like. I have plenty of weapons in my bedroom, so feel free to take a few. Let me know if you need some food or arrows. I have plenty of things to spare, just tell me if you need anything else.”

Shadowlock was shocked as he said “Wow… thank you so much! May all nine… eight divines give you their blessing. Damn Thalmor won’t let us worship Talos.”

“Don’t be afraid of the laws! You can pray to Talos all you want! If any Thalmor try to stop us, I’ll cut their snobby heads from their necks! I’ll be watching over you, as well as Talos. I even started a small Imperial rebellion against the Aldmeri Dominion, which I still have to give a name to.”

A Thalmor soldier behind him said “I heard you say all of that.”

Solknight rolled his eyes, drew his sword, stabbed the Thalmor eaves-dropper, and said “That’s what I do to Thalmor who think they can make us stop having faith in Tiber Septim, Shadowlock.” Shadowlock replied, “Umm… that guard over there saw the whole thing!” Solknight turned to the guard and asked, “What’s my bounty?” The guard said “A thousand Septims.” Solknight handed the guard several large filled coin purses, which added up to exactly 1,000 Gold. He then proceeded to say “Sorry about the mess, sir. Shadowlock, shall I show you around Breezhome?” He replied, “Sure… I’m just shocked that the guard didn’t make it that big of a situation!”

“Oh, they’re used to it. I kill people for the Brotherhood, I kill Thalmor for trying to rule my beliefs, and I kill people who try to kill me because I kill.”

“You sound like one hell of a murderer. I’m glad the Dark Brotherhood recruited you, rather than some other, more uncivilized, assassin group.”

“Well, I think I’ll just get you to the house already. I shouldn’t waste time, I have a journey ahead of-”

“GET DOWN!” interrupted Shadowlock as he threw Solknight to the ground with him.

“What’s happening?” Whispered Solknight.

“Look at the sky!”

He looked up to see Alduin flying in the distance, being followed by about 15 dragons, all mounted by Dremora soldiers. They headed south towards Cyrodil. Once they flew out of sight, Solknight and Shadowlock got back on their feet. Solknight dusted off his shoulders and said “They were going towards Cyrodil. Do you think that they were heading towards the Imperial City?”

“Those bastards better not even touch White-Gold Tower!”

“There’s no way that they could take on the heart of the Empire. They’re probably rounding up more soldiers and dragons. Can I just show you around the house already? I gotta get going very soon.”

“Alright. Show me the way.” Shadowlock walked over to the house, and Solknight showed him around. “…and this is where you’ll be staying.” said Solknight. “Okay. Thank you so much for letting me stay here. I think I’m going to sleep in a little while. I haven’t had a good night’s rest in a while.” said Shadowlock. He could tell that they would be good friends, but he has a quite a few secrets that he would not feel comfortable sharing with anyone.

CHAPTER V

Solknight finally went on his way to Fort Dawnguard to talk to Serana. He was wandering the streets calmly, but something felt different. The air felt rather thin. He thought nothing of it except that maybe he slightly injured his lungs in battle. He carried on, and remembered that it would be better to take his horse. He turned around and headed back towards Whiterun, where Shadowmere was. When he got to the stables, a guard stopped him and said “We were getting used to the killings, but now you’ve taken things too far. You‘re going to Dragonreach dungeon.” “What? You mean that Thalmor I killed? I already paid off my bounty!”

“Stabbing that Thalmor was nothing. What you did to that beggar is just wrong.”

“What beggar? What are you talking about?!”

“Don’t play stupid. Do I really have to show you?”

“I didn’t do anything to a beggar!”

“If you’re really going to act like that, I’ll just have to show you.” The guard escorted Solknight through the gates, and he saw an image so disturbing that he almost regurgitated. It was a spike just outside of his house. It had Shadowlock’s corpse on it, with his chest cut open, his head missing, and his organs spilled everywhere. There was a note inside of his ribs. Solknight picked it up. He could barely make out what it said because of all the boodstains, but he read it as it was: “This is just the beginning -Buffington” He shook his head with tears in his eyes, and looked up to see Sheogorath himself, just standing in front of him. He spoke to Solknight: “Careful what you do when you’re blinded by rage.”

Solknight woke up, screaming with fury. It was just a nightmare. A horrible, horrible nightmare. He was still disturbed by his dream, but he got his Ebony Mail armor on and grabbed his mace. He was scared that he might see Shadowlock on a spike when he would open the door. He went outside, and everything was as it should have been. He felt relieved.

He went out to the stables to get Shadowmere. The guard wasn’t confronting him. Solknight breathed the clean autumn air, and he knew that he was truly awake. He rode through the dangerous paths of Skyrim, being stopped by a Frost Dragon which he easily killed. He finally made his way to Fort Dawnguard. He hadn’t been there in seven years. Everyone seemed happy and surprised of Solknight’s presence. He said hello to everyone, and talked to Isran about Alduin’s return. He agreed to assist with the battle. Solknight walked around the fort, and he saw Serana. When she saw him, she smiled and said “Buffington, you need to stop disappearing.” He smirked and said “It’s Solknight now.” They had a conversation about what they were doing since they last met. Solknight told the sad story of Lydia, which nearly made Serana cry, and she told Solknight about the Dawnguard trying to add major upgrades to the fort. Solknight finally told her about Alduin’s alliance with Molag Bal. “…and I need your help to take them down with a big attack.” he said. “I will be glad to help you in any way I can,” she replied. “Just tell me when we go after them.” Serana said. Solknight said to her “It won’t be for quite a while. I have many more people to gather for the battle. I still need to contact the Guild, the Legion, and a little rebellion I have started.”

“A rebellion? Against what?”

“The Aldmeri Dominion. I will make sure that they will no longer enslave us, and that we can have Talos worship back in the Empire.”

“I’m not too surprised. You’ve always been such a rebel.”

“Yeah, but now I’m taking things to the next level.”

“I can help you with that. After the big conflict with the Dragons and Daedra is over, I’ll make sure you send the Aldmeri Dominion back to Summerset Isle.”

“No, you don’t have to-”

“Yes, I do! The rebellion needs a soldier with the powers of the night to strike fear into the hearts of those stupid, snobbish elves…”

“You’re starting to sound like a Nord. That tends to happen to me sometimes. I was raised by them. They became a bad, bad influence on me. I grew up thinking that the other races were inferior, that Skyrim belonged to the Nords alone, and they… made me feel like I should be ashamed for not being one of them. They could have good senses of humor, and were fun to have a mead with. They were racist, arrogant fools, though.”

“Sounds like you hate them almost as much as you hate the Altmer.”

“Not even close. Nords didn’t kill my parents. The Thalmor did. I can see my parents now, being yelled at by Thalmor because they had an amulet of Talos. They just kept arguing and arguing, and then things got violent. One elf pulled out his sword, and threatened my father… I remember exactly what he said. When it happened, I didn’t know what he meant. I was to young to understand words, but I remember his exact sentence: ‘TELL ME! DO YOU OR DO YOU NOT WORSHIP TIBER SEPTIM?’ I don’t remember what my father said. It all happened so fast. I do remember that he stabbed my father, who fell to the ground, into a pool of his own blood. My mother screamed ‘NO!’ The elven fool shot a spell at her, and she fell to the ground, too. Then, the Thalmor noticed me. I just ran away. As fast as I could. I don’t know how old I was then. I don’t even know how old I am now. After that tragic incident, a guard found me on the street, crying. He said to me, ‘Hey, what’s wrong, little boy?’ I didn’t respond. I couldn’t. He then said ‘Oh, you poor little thing, you don’t even know how to talk, do you? Oh no, you are the child of that couple that was attacked by the Thalmor!’ He hugged me and said ‘There, there. We’ll get you to Honorhall Orphanage. Everything will be okay. You’ll be loved and cared for there.’ That was a lie. I was hated, mistreated and beaten! The poor guard didn’t know that would happen to me. He obviously hasn’t met Grelod the Kind. ‘The Kind’… another lie, right there. Such a wretched woman. I was lucky that many years later, I would get my revenge. I killed her. A poor child hated her so much that he preformed the Black Sacrament to have her killed, but the Brotherhood never came. I did the assassination. It made him happy, along with many other kids… and even me. When I was still in the orphanage long ago, I was adopted. Thank the Gods, someone finally took me away from that cursed place! The people who adopted me were Bergritte and Olfrid Battle-Born. They were very good parents. It wasn’t their fault that they raised me to think that Skyrim belongs to the nords; they knew no better. I grew up with their three children: Alfhild, Jon, and Idolaf. We had so many good times together. When I became an adult, I became an adventurer, and pretty much lived in the wilderness. I one day decided to live in Cyrodil, where I believe my parents came from. I illegally crossed the border there, and back a few years later. That was when I was caught and taken to Helgen. You know what happens next. When I came back to Whiterun, the family barely recognized me. When they did, they were so happy to see me. I live with my new friend, Shadowlock, now in Breezehome. That is the story of my life, which was made extremely hard by the Thalmor. Now that I think about it, if it weren’t for them, I probably wouldn’t know I was Dragonborn. The world would be doomed. They still owe me after what they did to me, though.”

“Wow. You have a very interesting life. Mine is kind of boring. My family was turned into vampires by Molag Bal, my mom and dad argued, I was sealed away, I slept for a while, and then you found me. That last one was probably the best thing that happened to me. I would probably be asleep forever if it weren’t for you. Thank you so much for rescuing me and making me realize how wrong my father was.”

“Really? I thought that you knew how evil Harkon was!”

“I did, but I began to question myself. I thought how good it would be for me, not having to worry about burning up in the sun. Then I remembered how selfish it would be. It would be so dark, cold, and scary for all the regular people.”

“I feel so sorry for vampires. Their lust of power turned them into monsters. And the poor pure-bloods like you didn’t have an option. You didn’t turn into a monster, though. I don’t care what Isran thinks; you are a person. A very beautiful one, at that.”
Serana giggled and said “Oh, stop it, you!”

“I’m serious. You are the prettiest, smartest, most patient, and most kind person I’ve met in my whole life. I didn’t only come here to ask for your help in the fight. I wanted to ask you something else; something I’ve wanted to ask you for a very long time.”

“And… what would that be?”

“Will you marry me?”

Skyrimosity

I really like the idea for this fan-fic and I hope that you will continue it on.

Hotty Squirrel

GENOCIDE JUNKIE!
i thought the ending was sorta corny xD... but in all the story was pretty good, i really liked it, it had good details and a corny ending like a lot of action movies.. but could make a good DLC if bethesda ever reads this... if someone ever makes a cyrodil and skyrim mod, it could be a good story to put them together

i thought the ending was sorta corny xD... but in all the story was pretty good, i really liked it, it had good details and a corny ending like a lot of action movies.. but could make a good DLC if bethesda ever reads this... if someone ever makes a cyrodil and skyrim mod, it could be a good story to put them together
It doesn't even have an ending yet. There's a lot more that's going to be added.

Dammit! I messed up the font size, and I can't fix it. Anyways, here's Chapter 6... with giant letters.

CHAPTER VI

“Either this is some weird dream… or you just proposed to me.” Serana said, both confused and shocked

“This isn’t another one of your fantasies, the last time I checked. You heard my question. I hope I get the answer I want.” said Solknight.

“I… I can’t marry you. Not now. I want to marry you, but things wouldn’t work out with all this conflict. Once we defeat Alduin and Molag Bal, I hope we can settle down and get married… but not now.”

“I completely understand. You’re right. There are too many problems we have to solve. Oh, and don’t tell the others I proposed to you. I want this thing to be kind of a surprise.”

“Alright. I’ll try to keep my mouth shut for once.”

“Okay, thanks. I hope to see you tomorrow.”

“Bye.”

On his way home, Solknight thought about what Serana said to him. He really understood what she was getting at. It was unwise for two soldiers to get married during a time of war. His thoughts were interrupted by the roar of a dragon soaring above. It yelled “DOVAHKIIN! WHERE ARE YOU?” Solknight recognized the voice: it was Odahviing’s. Solknight loudly replied “I’m over here! Land next to me!” Odahviing landed by Solknight, as he was ordered to do. His breath was heavy, and he weakly said “Thank the gods… I’ve been looking for you for all day…” Solknight replied “Just calm down and tell me what you need me for.”

“I just need to inform you that I saw Alduin with a lot of dragons heading for Cyrodil. He might be heading for the Imperial City. I recommend you gather up some men to see what they’re up to. If they’re attacking, then try to get the Liegon to help you get them out.”

“Trust me. They can’t take on that place. It’s the center of the Empire. If they do manage to do some major destruction there, I’ll try to make a deal with Mehrunes Dagon so he can re-open his Oblivion portals and stop Molag’s army.”

“Why would he want to help you?”

“I’ve helped him out before. I helped him re-forge his dagger. There are some other Daedric princes I helped out before… even Molag Bal. They rewarded me with artifacts. Molag Bal gave me his special mace, Sheogorath let me keep the Wabbajack, Boethia gave me the Ebony Mail armor… wait… Boethia! She’s Molag’s rival! She might actually be willing to help me fight in the war!”

“We’re already calling it a war?”

“It will be one soon enough. I’m sure of it.”

“So, you’ve helped the Daedra?”

“Yeah. Every single prince. I used to worship them. I don‘t really have faith in them anymore, but I still do think it was an honor to meet all of them. I can’t forgive Molag Bal for what he’s doing, though. I always wanted to be his right-hand man and live in Coldharbour. Now, I just wanna tear that bastard’s eyes out.”

“You better have learned his weaknesses. It’s very foolish to try and assist a Daedric Prince.”

“I know better than that now. I won‘t get help from the Daedra unless it‘s absolutely necessary.”

“That’s right. Just don’t be their servant. It was bad enough serving Alduin. He made sure that I didn’t know how much wrong I was doing. I have no doubt that the Daedra would do worse to you. I’m glad we could go over our plans in this terrible conflict, but I must go now. I think Paarthurnax will want me to practice some new shouts.”

“I know there aren’t any people around, but don’t bring up Paarthurnax too much. We have to pretend he’s dead so I can be a Blade, remember?”

“My apologies. I didn’t remember about that.”

“It’s okay. Just be careful, or else we will lose the trust of Delphine, which will probably make us lose this whole fight. I guess I’ll talk to you later.”

“Farewell, Dovahkiin. May our paths cross again.” And with that, Odahviing flew back towards the Throat of the World. Solknight watched him as he soared away. He heard Odahviing’s roar, but it sounded more like a cry of terror. It was. Odahviing tried his best to swerve away, but it was too late. Alduin picked him up with his giant claws, and flew away. Solknight chased Alduin and shot at his claws with his crossbow. It was no use. Solknight tripped and broke his leg. As he tried to get up, he tumbled into a stream. He knew he would pass out, so he equipped his water breathing necklace. All the things around him seemed to just fade to black, and he was picked up by a current.

He was woken up by a male High Elf around forty years old wearing a Stormcloak cuirass. “Hey, wake up!” said the strange elf. Solknight coughed and replied “Who are you?” “That doesn’t matter now. What does matter is the answer to this question: are you okay?” “No. Not at all. One of my best friends was taken by a dragon. Also, I think I broke my leg.” “Okay. Just stay still.” The mysterious Altmer readied a healing spell, used it on Solknight, and straightened his leg. He was all better. “Wow… thank you. First of all, it was very kind of you to help a stranger out like that. Secondly, how did you do that? I’ve never seen a spell like it. Not even from the professor of Restoration at the College of Winterhold could perform a miracle like that!”

“I’ve been practicing magic since I was a little boy. I’ve never been too bad with a sword or heavy armor, either. I’m a battlemage of sorts.”

“Maybe you could teach me a few things sometime. Can you tell me your name, now?”

“Sure. I’m Kardyn. Who are you?”

“Buffington Battle-Born. You can just call me Solknight.”

“Wait, do you mean the Buffington Battle-Born? The one who lead the Empire to victory?”

“Um… yes.”

“That means you’re the one who killed all of my comrades.”

“What are you talking about? Are you a Stormcloak?”

“Yes. And you almost killed me at Fort Greenwall. Luckily I managed to escape.”

“I think I remember you. An Altmer mage in the Stormcloak rebellion is pretty hard not to recognize. You see, the fact that Ulfric thought that Skyrim was for the Nords and the Nords only was mainly why I joined the Empire. I appreciate that Ulfric fought for Skyrim to be free, but I am a true Imperial. I want this damned cold wasteland, which just so happens to be my home, free, too, but I want all races to be treated equally, and the Empire restored to its former glory. The only reason that we are still not free and that the Empire is crumbling is the Aldmeri Dominion. If the Imperials and Stormcloaks alike would team up against them, Tamriel would be as close to perfect as it could be. I already have my own little rebellion against them. If us, the Empire, and the Stormcloaks would call a truce and join together, then we could pull it off.”

“The Aldmeri Dominion is the reason I joined the Stormcloaks. I just want them gone. Your plans seem much better than Ulfric’s.”

“I’m glad you believe in my cause, but I have other things to worry about… much bigger things. I’d be surprised if you haven’t heard of this, but… Alduin has returned. And Molag Bal is at his side.”

Kardyn chuckled and stated “That was the most ridiculous thing that I’ve ever heard! We both know that you killed Alduin, and the Daedra aren’t real!”

“You may not believe my words, but I know that I am speaking the truth. I have seen Alduin recently and spoken to every Daedric prince. I don’t know how you could even think that the Daedra were fake considering there was a little event called the OBLIVION CRISIS that almost destroyed Cyrodil!”

“I though the Oblivion Crisis was just a myth.”

“It wasn’t. I know this because I have a friend who saw it happen. You may consider that impossible because it was 220 years ago, but there is a logical explanation for why he is alive. After he ended the Crisis-”

“Wait, he ENDED the Crisis? Who is he, Akatosh?”

“Akatosh and Martin Septim did have a major role is stopping that horrible chain of events, but my friend wasn’t given enough credit for his role. Without him, Tamriel would have surely fallen. He was the one who traveled Oblivion to single-handedly destroy all of the portals to Tamriel. He even closed the Great gate before the giant Daedric cannon could destroy Bruma!”

“But that could only mean he’s the Hero of Kavatch! I’ve seen the statue of him in Bruma!”

“That’s him, alright. He lives in Whiterun. I’ll let you meet him, if I can summon my horse correctly.”

“I doubt he’s out here in the wild. You’d need to whistle pretty loud in order for anyone besides you and me to hear it.”

“You misunderstand. I summon him with a spell.” Solknight conjured his skeletal horse, Arvak.

“That’s… pretty impressive.” Kardyn and Solknight hopped onto the horse, and headed for Whiterun. For some reason, things felt wrong to Solknight… as if the sky was too dark, and the air was too thin.

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
I love how you intertwined the Hero of Kvatch into the story, I think that's marvelous. Your writing style has greatly improved over the chapters, the first couple were tough to read, but you got better. One thing I feel like I should caution against though is assuming that we know what you're talking about. One example that strikes me is when you talk about stabbing a dragon with Harkon's sword....there's no description of the sword, what it does, any enchantments, who Harkon is, nothing. Granted, I know what it is and how you got it because I've played Dawnguard, but for someone who hasn't that could be a real "....huh?" moment. Try to stay away from that. :) But all in all, I can tell you are getting more comfortable with writing as you go on. So yay. :)