Spoiler Solknight II: The Apocalypse

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, thanks for visiting our fan fiction section. You should only write stories that aren't related to your character's encounters, if you wish to write a story about your character please post an entry in your blog.

Before reading or writing a story, please make sure to read this thread. Thanks, Guest, and we hope you enjoy this section.

Well, you wanted it, and here it is: Chapter 7

CHAPTER VII

“Here it is,” said Solknight “Whiterun. I was born here, you know.”

Kardyn was surprised. “You don’t look like a local. I thought you were from Cyrodiil, or maybe even Falkreath.”

“Nope. Born and raised in Whiterun. Now, let’s go see Shadowlock.”

“Who?”

“The Hero of Kavatch.” As they stepped off of the Arvak, he disappeared. This concerned Kardyn and made him say “Was that… supposed to happen?” Solknight laughed and said “It’s fine. You have so much to learn about Conjuration.” When they walked into town, he saw Shadowlock pick pocketing Nazeem. Solknight shushed Kardyn and watched. Shadowlock managed to get 100 gold coins. Nazeem walked away, Solknight approached Shadowlock and said “Nice job. I’ve always hated that snob.” Shadowlock replied “It wasn’t much. Just tell me about some more people you wouldn’t mind me pick pocketing. Wait, who’s that elf over there?”

“Shadowlock, I would like to introduce you to my new friend, Kardyn.” They shook hands, and Kardyn said “It is a pleasure to meet you, Champion of Cyrodiil.”

“As it is to meet you, Elf. I can see from your armor that you were part of the Stormcloak rebellion. ”

“Yeah. I quit when I found out that all Ulfric cared about was being king. He didn’t care about freedom to the people or even Talos.”

“I’m glad you saw through his act. He had me pretty deceived at first, too. I was originally going to join his army, believe it or not, but then I found out that he was a racist, power-hungry bastard.”, Solknight butted in.

“I never paid attention to Windhelm, so it was kind of hard to tell how he treated the Elves and Argonians.”, continued Shadowlock.

Their conversation was cut off when they saw the sky darken into a slightly orange shade of red, and a loud, unexplainable noise was heard.
“What the hell’s going on?!”, Solknight asked.

“Oh shit… no! NOT AGAIN!”, Shadowlock screamed.

“What’s wrong?”

“An Oblivion gate is opening! It’s like Kavatch all over again!”

“Calm down. You shut down dozens of these single-handedly. I’m sure three experienced fighters can destroy one.”

Shadowlock grabbed Solknight by the collar of his Ebony armor and said “You have NO idea what it’s like in those things! I nearly lost my fucking MIND because of what I saw in those things!”

He replied, “I’m sorry, I didn’t know…”

Shadowlock let go of Solknight and said, “Nah, I’m just fuckin’ with ya. It’s not all that bad in those things.”

“Don’t do that! I thought you were having some sort of messed up PTSD flashback…”

“Yeah, don’t worry about me. The only flashbacks I have of the Crisis are of feasting upon the most delicious cheese in existence.”

“So, what do we do about that gate?”, Kardyn questioned.

Shadowlock thought back to his past and tried to remember how to disable gates. “From what I remember,” he started, “We go in, find the big tower, and remove its Sigil Stone. Then we get thrown out of the gate as it closes.” “Sounds simple enough.”, Kardyn stated.

“Follow me, gentlemen,” Solknight ordered, “it’s time to find this portal.”

ultimatedovahkiin

Now's not the time for fear. That comes later.
I really like this story Buffington. But where's chapter 8?!

I'm still slowly working on it. And I'm glad you like the story :)

ultimatedovahkiin

Now's not the time for fear. That comes later.