• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

death raider

Thalmor Ambassador
    THIS IS THE PRIVATE THREAD SO DO NOT POST IF YOU ARE NOT IN THE RP!

Hello all this is my 4th roleplay and this is quite a big project for me which I have been working on so Welcome and enjoy! :)

Thanks;
    Death Raider
    Cadaver

Plot:
    The Thieves Guild have stolen something very precious to one of the most powerful Necromancers in Skyrim. The Necromancer wants her staff back and it's got unbelievable power, which has not been revealed. The Necromancer has now contacted a group of Mercenaries to retrive the staff and the Necromancer will be stop at nothing to get it back in her grip.

The Thieves Guild will be on the run, their lives on the line. Death follows them where ever they go. The Thieves Guild need help and have decided to make an unlikely alliance with the Dark Brotherhood, in need of their help. The Dawnguard were the ones who hired the Thieves Guild to steal the staff in the first place, but the Thieves Guild aren't keeping to their agreement so the Dawnguard are going to get their revenge.

The Thieves Guild are preparing themselves for a battle which will surely accure. The Dark Brotherhood will be joining the Thieves Guild, but will the Dark Brotherhood keep to their agreement? Will they keep to helping the Thieves Guild or will they take the staff for their own? All will be revealed, so the hunt begins.

Cast:

Thieves Guild:

Guild Master: Death Raider - Servina - Admin
    Nightinghale: Boudica - Mathis da Tenebrosus
    Head Tactician: SkyHigh - Engar Heart-Song
    Spy: Artemis Shadow - Ivory Bear-claw
    Thieves Guild Member: Parven - Parven Sha'Quessir

Dark Brotherhood:

Leader of the Dark Brotherhood: Cadaver - Elrond Luinwe - Admin
    Member 1: JBar2531 - Marcus Brutus
    Member 2: Opnauticus - Opnauticus Kozumae

Mercenaries/ Necromancer

Necromancer: E14H - Livia de Vazio - OP
    Mercenary Leader: Captain Nagisus - The Dragon - OP
    Mercenary 1: Scotty Piffin - Subzi
    Mercenary 2: The_Deadliest_Troll - Salmas Bandas

Dawnguard:
    Dawnguard leader: Flint Firestorm - Galahad Ravenblade - OP
    Dawnguard 1: ChiefScalyNipples - Swims-with-Silence
    Dawnguard 2: Caravan Guard - R'alo
    Rules:
    1. No godding (outrageously over powered characters), no killing forum members characters (unless expressly agreed upon by all players involved), or saying so and so robs store of all goods, ruining the experience of other people. No being a Dragonborn either, in public neutral threads in the story of Skyrim they are very rare, thus it would be un-fair to have one person be a Dragonborn and be able to use Shouts so easily

2. No profanity. in public "neutral threads"
    3. All posts should be relevant to the RP, except for stuff in Out of Character comments <example> OOC: I need to go to sleep now, my character will just go along with whatever you guys decide.

4. If somebody leaves due to circumstances similar to the example in rule#4 you cannot say that, the player who just left gives away all their gold. You can only make decisions like whether to go to the cave or the orc camp and stuff like that.
    5. When playing you need someone to give out a quest or sell items or something like that you may make an "NPC" character, do not make a character card for an NPC. Just do something like this.
    Example: Shopkeeper: What can i do for you mighty adventurer?
    Player: I need some new armor.
    Shopkeeper: Why sure, our smith just forged some yesterday.

6. "Duels" or player battles, have to be agreed upon by all players involved.

7. If not a member, your comments on story progression can be posted by replying to its OOC thread

8. Swearing is allowed.

9. No ranting or raving.

10. No one liners.

Thevies Guild post in Blue

Dark Bortherhood post in Yellow

Mercenaries and Necromancer post in Green

Dawnguards post in Pink

Ok Thieves start off in the Cistern.

Dark Brotherhood you will be starting off in a sanctuary.

Mercenaries start off in your base.

Necromancer start off at the Mercenary base as well or just arriving there.

Dawnguards start off in Dawngaurd castle where you realised that the staff won't be returning to you.

death raider

Thalmor Ambassador
    Servina sat at her desk in her priavate room in a new room she created after she became Guild Master for the Thieves Guild. Servina sat was sitting on a rather cumfy chair and she began to count her jewels, she and her Guild had stolen in the past. There was an awful lot and she lay them out on the desk in front of her and began to calculate how much each one they would be worth.

Servina picked up a small glass of whisky on her desk and took a large gulp, then turning her attention to the other side of the room and there it was, her price piece, something she didn't even now the price of. Servina stared at it in interest and a slight confusion as it was nothing she had ever seen before even though she had stole so many staffs and other curious items in the past.

Servina walked over to it and held it up in her hand. She left a weird sort of tingling in her body and she didn't know what it was. When Servina had stolen the staff in the first place it had given her the same feeling, but now it was more powerful and Servina just couldn't put her finger on why it was so weird. She propped the staff back down and decided it was time to wake up her guild member.

Servina left her private quarters and she walked into the cistern and she clasped her hands together with a loud bang, the way the room was created giving an extra boost to her clap.
    " Everyone get up! We have work to do and theres no time for lazing around!" Servina shouted at the top of her voice, not expecting everyone to get up straight away as she knew how lazy some of her Guild Members could be.

Captain Nagisus

Jake the Dog!
    The Dragon knocked on the door to the necromancer's private office. It would not be wise to go inside unannounced. "Ma'am, Livia?" He straightened his tunic and bandoliers, and put his weaponry behind him. What WOULD be wise to do is appear smart but not threatening to someone who could kill you in a second. "I believe you called me to your office door. Or alchemy lab, or summoning circle. I don't know what's in there, and I doubt you're about to tell me." The Dragon coughed. Why am I so scared of her? I've killed thousands of mages before. They're easy prey.

Flint firestorm

The leading man, who else?
    Galahad gazed out across the valley from the top of the Dawnguard Headquarters. It had been a long day of patrols, strategy's and training but Galahad always felt relaxed up on the roof. Lifting his mead bottle to his lips Galahad took a large gulp before turning to Swims-in-Silence. He had appointed Swims to deal with the treat of the necromancer,Livia de Vazio and ordered him to retrieve her staff so that the DawnGuard may destroy it.

However, from the look on the Argionions face, Galahad could tell he was not about to receive good news. sighing, Galahad sat down on his chair and set the mead on the table beside him. Looking hard into Swims eye's Galahad asked him his question "what is your report Swims? i pray to Stendarr its not as bad as you face makes it out to be".

Artemis Shadows

The Watcher
    Ivory sat on the floor cleaning her bow, something she would do too take her mind off things. She was enjoying the slow pace of the day, but still she craved a little fun. Some odd job that made her use her talents too the max, not the dull job where she would watch a noble wander around until she got the information she needed, but then again, in it's own way, that was fun still. She grinned as she wiped the bow down one more time before standing and putting it on her back where it belonged. The loud sudden noise of two hands smacking together caused her too flinch and break away from her thoughts. She looked over at the source, Servina, the one person Ivory secretly respected. Ivory smiled as Servina mentioned work. Oh how she hoped she would get something fun!

Opnauticus

Listen of the nightmother.
    It was early in the morning the sun was shining brightly, he could till this from the warmth on his dark fur. As he was walking back to the sanctuary after an assassination. He was asked to kill the annoying noble Nazeem. He was bringing back an object that he owned when he heard the beating of wings far off to the right and in an instant dropped to the ground hidden and unmoving, he wasn't sure what it was as he could not see it, Although it sounded like a Hagraven/Dragon, (Let me know if dragons are in this Rp, if they are it's a dragon if not a hagraven.). After it had passed over he continued his trek.

Nursing his wounds from people a long (worthwhile) battle with a sabre cat Subzi pondered about life, love lost, and how things could've been different, somehow. Not one to usually be hung up on things he can't control the failed love with his ex-fiancee cut him deep and in a way he hasn't been before. He took to a his quill and started jotting down thoughts, thoughts flowed into poetry. "To taste togetherness and all it's worth and return to loneliness is the deepest hurt" resonated with him well and jotted it down. He looked out over the Skyrim horizon and shook his head, then down at his quill and the lines on the page and slammed the book shut. "I've made it through worse" as a feeling of a chilling numbness filled his heart for that moment and he picked up his dagger and pulled out the contract given to him by the guild and he grinned bouncing a coin purse in his hand. "At least I can count on one thing in this world, myself." Then he walks over to the remains of his hunt and finishes skinning the sabre cat then starts up a fire to prepare dinner.

E14H

キー
    Within a dank room of a mercenary base Lívia paced. Her body seizing sharply, countenance frozen. Oh, how she raged inside; her mind a swirling mass of fury, hate… and fear. Her thin lips twitched and her movements halted slightly before continuing. Lívia hadn’t feared anything in such a long time (at least, she assumed that she hadn’t) that it felt wrong somehow, the emotion sitting heavy beneath her skin, sinking into her bones. She shivered violently, scowled, and stopped her pacing. Lívia wanted her body back; she wanted her power back… she wanted. Her. Staff. Back.

Lívia twirled around, raised her arms, and snarled, blasting the walls of her room with ice, freezing it over in layer upon layer of comforting frost. Her breathing ragged, she sagged to the ground, saturating herself within the sudden coldness surrounding her. She was calm. Calm. Quiet. Collected.

Unclenching her hands and standing from her crouched position, Lívia smoothed out her robes. The cloying taste of fear had retreated slightly, shackled by her embarrassing display of fragility. She blushed, eyes dark, before surveying her surroundings. Sneering in disgust.

Lívia loathed having to resort to mercenaries for help. But, she had no choice. Wasn’t the enemy of your enemy… your friend? Mercenaries and thieves were not supposed to be allies; at least, she thought they weren’t. Lívia frowned, is that right? No, no, no. Yes, yes, correct. Correct. Good.

Scowling, again, Lívia discarded her current thought pattern and returned to the observation of her room. Her memory was fine, this room, however, was not. It was unfitting for a lady of her power. With dirty walls, old wooden furniture, and ratty bedding. It was disgusting. It contained only a bed, a table, a cupboard, and that was it. No vanity, no chests, no bathing room attached via a side door, nothing. She would be having a talk with the leader of these brutes; agen, dagon, drigin? Dragon, was it? Some such silly epithet, she thought darkly.

Lívia looked at the rotted door of her hovel sharply, a knock upon the soft wood and a masculine voice beyond startling her.

Ma’am… Lívia?” said the voice hesitantly; “I believe you called me to your office door, or alchemy lab, or summoning circle. I don’t know what’s in there, and I doubt you’re about to tell me.

Lívia allowed her self a mocking smile at the man’s apparent fear before smoothing her expression into a mask of stillness.

Yes,” she said, “you may come in, we have a lot to talk about.

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom
    Swims-With-Silence had a severe look of apprehension on his Argonian face, which was rare since Argonians hardly ever show obvious facial expressions. He was pacing back and forth, wondering and worrying about the situation he recklessly placed himself in. He wasn't exactly ordered by Galahad to get the Thieves Guild to steal the staff for him, but Swims-With-Silence knew that this Necromancer was too powerful, and had keen senses. Swims knew that even he would've been detected stealing it. He thought it would be easier to hire professionals.

Galahad then suddenly approached him, they both sat down at the nearest table. Galahad inquired about what happened as a result of the endeavor, and made a witty remark about his facial expression. Swims-With-Silence sighed and responded to the remark about his face first,
    "I assure you it probably isn't, hopefully it's just me getting anxious over nothing." he then paused for a split second, trying to recollect his thoughts so he could project them into his words, then said honestly "Look, this Necromancer is a bigger threat than what is conceivable to us. I gathered some information discreetly about her, and her practices in Necromancy have made her Immortal, shes actually a Nede from the Dawn of Time! This does not saying she can't be defeated, however. I just knew I couldnt do it by myself. I may be somewhat furtive, but her senses are probably way too astute for me to not be detected stealing the staff....."

Swims-With-Silence paused for a moment and pulled his hood further over his Argonian snout, covering his eyes and face a bit more, then continued. "......so I hired professionals in Riften to do it for me, and bring the staff back to us. It probably knows who I'm talking about, correct? The Thieves Guild in Riften. I know that's not what you ordered, but I knew it would be for the best. However, when I conversed with them, I sensed something sketchy in their tone of voice, as if they are not really willing to deliver it to us. I fear that they were lying to me, and may keep it out of their own greed and lust."

The Argonian then stiffened his shoulders, bracing himself for Galahad's reaction....

death raider

Thalmor Ambassador
    Servina looked aorund the cistern and saw a few members beginning to stir, but one cought her eye, Ivary who was now smiling at her. Servina clapped her hands again. Parven, Engar and the rest of you, get the hell up you lazy bastards! Servina cried, not in an angry way, but in a more like in a slight frustrated way. Servina began to walk next to the members beds and literally housted some of them off, and onto the floor.

Servina had threw about seven members off their beds and there were still other and Servina was eager to get everyone up as soon as possible so they could get out and start stealing.
    " Hey do you want to get any gold by the end of today? At this rate you won't be getting any gold for the rest of the month!" Servina said in anger, now clasping her hand around one of the members heads who was right next to her, still not getting up, evn though he was closest.

Captain Nagisus

Jake the Dog!
    "I may come in? I suppose this isn't your room for torturing children then." The Dragon, straightening his helmet slightly, walked through the door into the dark, damp room, with the most rotted, lichen-covered bricks possibly in all of Skyrim. "So, you hired my mercenary clan to get back something for you, wasn't it? You wanted some big stick with a stone on the end back from some...what was it...I think it was beavers?" He coughed. The Dragon might have been one of the strongest people in the province, but he certainly wasn't the smartest or the least forgetful.

Flint firestorm

The leading man, who else?
    Galahads hand tightened around the handle of his blade as Swims told him the story. Rage built up inside him, rage directed not at Swims but at that treacherous thieves guild. Taking a deep breath, Galahad took a moment to collect himself. If that Staff falls into the wrong hands the concupiscence could be catastrophic, we have to act fast. Turning back to Swims Galahad addressed him as calmly as he could "you shouldn't have trusted them, you shouldn't have expected any Honour amongst thieves. Tell me, what is your plan to retrieve the staff?"

Awaiting word from a courier of the next contract from the guild or mercenary work Subzi continued about his daily routines of hunting and pondering life and all its mysteries. Many wondered about him, assuming he wasn't a people person which was untrue, he was very personable he just liked his peace. He rationalized all this with an attitude of "Let's face it.... the Guild and the Mercenary Hall isn't exactly the quietest places in all of Skyrim." Stopping by every few days was enough for him, he sighed realizing it has been a few days, packed his stuff up and headed to the Mercenary Hall, the life of an equal opportunity mercenary was a rough one but paid well. Ahh who was he kidding in Skyrim having the friends and acquaintances he has is probably a big reason he hasn't been a target of the guild or had a Dark Brotherhood contract on his head.

"Hope this time the work is at least fun, something that truly utilizes my skills. I'm not the dumb muscle like Dragon is..." He has a lot of respect for Dragon but they didn't always see eye to eye. Dragon was more brawn than brains, Subzi being smaller and quicker needed to utilize his brain more so than brawn.

Artemis Shadows

The Watcher
    Ivory couldn't believe how slow everyone was being. Were they not eager for a chance to have a small adventure? Why were they not jumping at the chance to have fun?! But then again...Ivory's smile vanished. Not everyone felt like she did, she was of course care-free and lazy, just like all the rest. She felt a certain joy when doing her job, why be so serious all the time? Although there are certain times for seriousness. For instance, she was serious about getting the work done. Work gave her a chance for respect, a chance too prove she wasn't a useless addition. No one openly doubted her within the guild, that she knew of anyway, but why should she take chances, she didn't know when one of them would decided too stab her in the back. She shook her head and scoffed at her herself. She quickly cleared those oh-so-serious thoughts out of her head and made a mental note too go drink a few ales later. Over seriousness gave Ivory a rash and those rashes were a real pain too get rid of. Ivory chuckled at herself although deep down, she knew there was truth too her thoughts, for those were her thoughts and they gave away everything.

death raider

Thalmor Ambassador
    Servina walked around pushing people off their beds and screaming down their ears. Servina walked over to one of her favourite members, Ivory and gave her a little smile.
    " Ivory do you mind getting some of the others awake so we can ready with the daily ruiteen and we can start getting some gold to fill our pockets, also I need you to go and steal some things from one of your fellow thieves as I think he stole some objects from me and well I didn't want to do it myself so I thought you should go and do it." Servina said with a sly, nasty smile. She then walked away from Ivory and went outside of the Cistern, through the secret passage way. She then entered the streets of Riften doing her usual round at the beginning of the morning.

Servina found one of the tramps in Riften and Servina grabed him up by his shirt. Servina pulled him up so he was looking straight into her eyes.
    " Now I need you to give me some gold in return for me giving you food so I want it by tomorrow or there will be serious consiquences!" Servina said evily, throwing him back down, then turning away to look for the other tramps, who she looks after.

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom
    Swims-With-Silence's eyes widened, as he did not expect Galahad to respond as calm as he did. Even though the Dawnguard was not a legitimate military, the leader was still strict and treated the Dawnguard's members as if they were Imperial soldiers. So it was surprising to see even a slight bit of leniency from Galahad.

After what Galahad had asked, a short moment of silence bestowed upon the two Undead Hunters at the table. As he tilted his head downwards and stroked his small Argonian chin-horns with his thumb and index finger, Swims-With-Silence came up with an idea. As soon as it struck him, Swims-With-Silence lifted his head up, looking at Galahad's disgruntled face instead of the wooden table, then raised an index finger, and said,
    "How about this? I know the location of their headquarters in the Ratway; so I'll sneak into the Ragged Flagon and discreetly eavesdrop on their conversations. I know that it's practically suicide to intrude on the Thieves Guild.....unless you have the skills that I do. I am no Shadowscale, nor can I turn invisible. However, I can hide in plain sight and blend in with crowds easily, especially in Riften since that city has a large Saxhleel population. The environment is my playground; I use every corner and every obstacle to my advantage. I wouldn't be telling Isran this if he was still here, he's seen my skill. You, on the other hand, have not since you recently arrived not too long ago."

After his little egotistical speech, Swims-With-Silence paused for a moment. He covered the end of his narrow mouth with his elbow and coughed. Then continued what he was saying, returning to business matters, "....But enough boasting and bragging, I am no narcissist. Returning to the original subject, here's my plan. I intrude into the ragged flagon wearing dirty, ragged clothing to cast off the facade of one of those mentally hindered bums that dwell down in the Ratway. That way, if by chance I get discovered spying on them I'll be able to fool them into thinking I'm just another beggar who foolishly wandered in there. If everything goes as it should, I'll be hiding behind a couple of crates and barrels and spy on them from there. I'll be listening very closely to what they intend to do with the staff. Meet me outside by the entrance to the Ratway at Dawn tomorrow. Wait there, and I'll go inside. If I'm not back soon then feel free to enter yourself."

Swims-With-Silence paused for a moment, and stared daggers at Galahad, looking him intensely in the eye. Then proceeded to conclude his speech, "Does it approve of my proposition??"

E14H

キー
    Lívia stared balefully at the brute, entirely unamused with his useless jesting.

Allowing small amounts of frost past her tight control to slither and spike out from her body, Lívia walked up the mercenary. Her mouth twitched slightly in distaste for having to bend her head upwards to look into his eyes.

Yes,” she agreed, “I so very desperately want my staff back, and you’ll be retrieving it for me… won’t you?

Lívia gracefully placed a hand upon his shoulder, her sharp blue eyes glittering coldly as he winced beneath the coldness of her touch.

Artemis Shadows

The Watcher
    Ivory accepted her task with glee and went around waking each member in a different way. Some she would pour water on, others she would knock them out of bed or simply drag them out. Some had the nerve to try going back to sleep even on the floor which earned them a hard kick to the ribs. Once that small task was over it was time to start with finding Servina's missing objects, she knew just who to check. One of her fellow guild-mates had been rather careful about a pouch he hid under his pillow. Ivory would watch in the late hours of night when the man would reach under and check for the thing. Plus he wouldn't let anyone go near it without yelling about invasion of privacy which was a dead give-away. Ivory knew this was the culprit and she wouldn't be wrong. Ivory...is never wrong. She looked over at the thief's bed and around to where he stood which was...right beside the bed, of course. She stood there going over what to do when an idea popped into her mind. She strolled her way over and slyly said, "I understand....you have a certain...hm..treasure stashed away." The thief's eyes narrowed in anger, "You've been snoopin' through my stuff have ye?" he had a rough accent. "Of course not. But...i wouldn't say that about...him" she whispered the last word and motioned to a lone man sitting at a table reading and minding his business. "That man's been slyly mentioning how he "obtained" something of value from one of his guild-mates..and i happened to see him snooping around your bed while you went to relieve yourself or whatever it is you do when you leave in the wee hours of night" Ivory said putting her persuasion to use. The thief effortlessly fell for her story and did not stand around to thank her for the information. He stormed straight over and hauled back and punched the poor reader right in the nose. Ivory quickly stole the pouch from under the pillow and smirked in success. Yes. This was the Guild Masters no doubt about it. She slipped it into her sleeve and went back to her side of the cistern and watched the tiny fight with smug satisfaction. Now she would wait for Servina to return.

death raider

Thalmor Ambassador
    Servina finished her round by the time people in the city began to get up. She had collected a good amount of gold which was what she wanted and expected. She was forced to beat the crap out of one of the beggers though as he had refused to give Servina any money and he also flashed his knife infont of her face, which is not exeptable for a begger to do to the Guild Master of the infamous and renounded Thieves Guild.

Servina passed a guard who gave her a suspicious look and then a look of anger and he was about to speak when Servina put a hand over his mouth.
    " Shhh don't talk, I might have a suspise in stall for you if you stay quiet." Servina said with a sly evil smile, truly filled with hatred and disgust at the man as he begna to stick out his tongue to her. Servina watched as the guard closed his eyes and put his lips to her, but she decided she didn't want a kiss from the likes of him so she slipped off to the secret entrance and then down into the Cistern.

Servina looked around the Cistern and to her pleasure everyone was up and walking around with angry faces and a few were drenched in water.
    " Ivory..." Servina said giving a smile. She then walked towards Ivory and placed a hand on her shoulder.
    " I see you carried out your first task, did you complete the second?" Servina said in a near whisper right next to Ivory's ear.