Spoiler There May Be Pain in the Night

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, thanks for visiting our fan fiction section. You should only write stories that aren't related to your character's encounters, if you wish to write a story about your character please post an entry in your blog.

Before reading or writing a story, please make sure to read this thread. Thanks, Guest, and we hope you enjoy this section.

Docta Corvina

Hey Troll, very nice stuff! I really loved how you're building everything up in this chapter. Was cool to get to see how Clusan came to be on the chopping block, and I'll admit I was very glad to see some Thalmor-punching. :p

"Clusan hoped that the wind would carry this whispered message to his family." - Something about that line, one of my favorites in your work so far! And I also love the descriptions you've got going in this second chapter as well. You've got a way of illustrating things so well, without going overboard into purple prose land (which is something I'm very guilty of :oops:).

Can't wait for more! :)

Hey Troll, very nice stuff! I really loved how you're building everything up in this chapter. Was cool to get to see how Clusan came to be on the chopping block, and I'll admit I was very glad to see some Thalmor-punching. :p

"Clusan hoped that the wind would carry this whispered message to his family." - Something about that line, one of my favorites in your work so far! And I also love the descriptions you've got going in this second chapter as well. You've got a way of illustrating things so well, without going overboard into purple prose land (which is something I'm very guilty of :oops:).

Can't wait for more! :)
Thanks for the kind words! It means a lot to me :D I'm having tons of fun writing this, and can't wait to put up the next chapter "The Cloud District" ASAP :rolleyes:

Do you get to the Cloud District very often? Oh what am I saying? Of course you don't.

I have a question for smarter minds than mine: Where is the cloud district? I know that Nazeem aparently in game carries around a key to a house that doesn't exist (Wintersand Manor). I hear Nazeem talk about the Cloud District all the time (well that was until I killed him) but I don't actually know where it is. It must be where Wintersand Manor is supposed to be right? I don't want to have Nazeem just take Clusan back home to the Drunken Huntsman which is where he and his wife usually sleep in game, but I'm not sure how I'm going to include his house now. :confused:

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
Do you get to the Cloud District very often? Oh what am I saying? Of course you don't.

I have a question for smarter minds than mine: Where is the cloud district? I know that Nazeem aparently in game carries around a key to a house that doesn't exist (Wintersand Manor). I hear Nazeem talk about the Cloud District all the time (well that was until I killed him) but I don't actually know where it is. It must be where Wintersand Manor is supposed to be right? I don't want to have Nazeem just take Clusan back home to the Drunken Huntsman which is where he and his wife usually sleep in game, but I'm not sure how I'm going to include his house now. :confused:

I'm pretty sure the Cloud District is the part of Whiterun west of the Temple of Kynareth - i.e. if you walk out of Jorrvaskr and just keep going straight past the Gildergreen, that's where you end up at. It's where the Battle-Born house is.

But just treat the house as a location in Whiterun that exists "in real life" but wasn't included in the game for scaling purposes. Its structure, I'd imagine, would be similar to that of the Battle-Born house.

I'm pretty sure the Cloud District is the part of Whiterun west of the Temple of Kynareth - i.e. if you walk out of Jorrvaskr and just keep going straight, that's where you end up at. It's where the Battle-Born house is.

But just treat the house as a location in Whiterun that exists "in real life" but wasn't included in the game for scaling purposes. Its structure, I'd imagine, would be similar to that of the Battle-Born house.
Thats pretty much what I was thinking, just wanted to get some other Skyrim buffs' opinions. Thanks :D

Ilya

Article Writer
Just finnished reading both chapters!! LOVE them and when are you posting the next one?? :D

Just finnished reading both chapters!! LOVE them and when are you posting the next one?? :D
Thanks a bunch! ;) I'll be posting the next chapter as soon as I finish writing it and editing. Hopefully by the middle of next week... Wednesday-ish? :D

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Pyro, Spirits Connoisseur, and Soulless Anarchist
Hey Troll, the cloud district is the top of the hill, it's pretty much just Dragonsreach.

I got issues guys...

funny-pictures-cat-has-writers-bloc.jpg

Neriad13

Premium Member
My advice:

Shut up and type words. They could be incredibly stupid, entirely nonsensical words that aren't even made into proper sentences. None of that matters, so long as you're shutting up and typing words. The main thing is that you just keep on typing words until it becomes second nature for you to type words, at which point typing proper words isn't that much of a leap of faith. Just relaxing and playing a few hours of Skyrim helps me get my mojo back too, so long as I don't give up on shutting up and typing words.

Docta Corvina

Not sure if this helps in any way shape or form with your writers block. Probably not... BUT! Evil kitty on tractor = plot bunnies? ...I need some sleep. :oops: :coffee:

576542_263940850369628_190602724370108_530899_753195219_n.jpg

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Pyro, Spirits Connoisseur, and Soulless Anarchist
Hey troll, if your fighting writer's block, write somethin else entirely. Believe me, it helps

Troll, your story is so freaking cool! I like how you put a lot of details in it, I need to learn how to do this in my journal.
Thanks a lot Brumon! Be looking out for my 3rd chapter later this week ;)