• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Skyrimosity

"My name is Savile. They call me Savile the Dead. No family, no reason to like Skyrim, no reason to care about other people, and I don't care about breaking some silly laws. I have dabbled with sword fighting throughout the years mainly in case someone just decides to murder me on the street. So yea, perfect pirate! Absolutely noone would care if I disappeared into the oceans for years at a time." Savile was chuckling and laughing the whole time, and the average person may have interpreted it as insanity. However, he just laughed at the thought of blowing up some Imperial ships and watching the bodies fly into the air. On second thought, perhaps it is insanity?

Star Gazer

"I have a feeling you will be the first to die friend," Has he not heard of you? He is mad! "Ah, so you haven't heard of me, I assume. I am Seven, the dreaded and most feared pirate captain to ever set sail on the seas! If you took me on your adventure with you, our enemies would tremble at the sight of me, and sea monsters would think twice before coming within a miles range of us!" Said Seven. He had practiced this speech when he was in prison. He pulled his wooden rod from his belt, like it was his trusty sword. "This is my weapon. It's name is wood-fury! It strikes down any adversary with relative ease, apart from being enchanted with a dangerous frost enchantment! It has been passed down for generations, and it has finally been delivered to me, personally by the emperor." Seven lied.

Duon

Graphic Designer
    Black-Crow listened to the men’s stories and banter with a level of amusement before laughing “You’re all in; have a seat and another drink on me, we’ll be heading out once we have a few more recruits.” This Inn was certainly proving a great place to find recruits, turning his attention back to the Imperial whom had addressed him first. “Now that’s all settled, I do believe I had asked for your name friend. he smiled, Crow’s senses were beginning to dull from the alcohol, he pushed the bottle now half empty toward the center of the table before packing another pipe.

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
    Caleb and Black-Crow exchanged pleasantries, before he was invited to sit down at his table. Leaning back in his seat with a relaxed and sly smile across his face, Caleb made himself comfortable. “People like us rarely deal in personal history so this will be brief. Name and experience?” For a moment, Caleb's thoughts turned toward his father, causing his smile to drop. "Well..." He said before a slight pause, looking up at the Captain. "Name's Caleb Christophe, past few years I've traveled all of Skyrim getting myself into trouble. I've fought, I've been hurt, I've killed." Caleb said, which was a half truth in itself. Caleb had killed his father unintentionally when he was a child. It was a painful memory, seeing his father come at him in a drunken rage, being beat until finally he fought back.

The sound of his father's neck splitting as he fell down the steps would follow Caleb forever, it was horrific, and made him cringe whenever he thought of it. Aside from that, Caleb had plenty of run-ins with lowlifes and men of an unpleasant nature. He had never killed, but he had hurt to both others and himself. "And I've got nothing better to do." Caleb said with an assuring smile, forcing the memories away. He knew to a man looking for fresh recruits, he must have come off as promising. He was young, able and longing for action. His suntanned skin and his slender, yet sculpted and muscular build suggested he'd fit in well as a pirate.

Duon

Graphic Designer
    "Name's Caleb Christophe, past few years I've traveled all of Skyrim getting myself into trouble. I've fought, I've been hurt, I've killed." "And I've got nothing better to do." “Sounds like you have experienced most all this land has to offer, the sea might just be the perfect adventure for you.” Taking a long draw on his pipe he continued “I myself actually set out from this city when I was just a lad, worked on a merchants vessel until I discovered my true calling.” pausing for thoughts of the past he blew a extremely large smoke ring “never regretted it a day in my life” this was true, Crow had regretted much of his early life as a Forsworn but turning to the sea was his savior. Without it he had no idea were he would have ended up today. Returning his thoughts to reality he continued to speak “Well if you’re still interested, you’re more than welcome to join up.”

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom
    Jeroo-Shei heard the load boastings of Captain Black-Crow from down stairs. Jeroo-Shei never had a chance to fulfill his Shadowscale duties, so this gave him something to do.

Instead of walking down the stairs like most normal folk, he decided, "Why not impress the man with my abilities?" Jeroo-Shei was always a show-off when it came to his abilities. He used his unique teleport spell to go downstairs. He closed his eyes, concentrated extremely hard to the point where he gave himself a headache, then snapped his fingers and his body magically melted into a blob of gelatinous, black, ink-like liquid, and then the black liquid engulfed itself and disappeared in a flash. The liquid reappeared silently out of thin air on the floor downstairs behind Black-Crow who was conversing with the same Imperial Jeroo-Shei saw fight with the brutish nord. Nobody noticed it happen, otherwise they would've been pondering as to what type of drink somebody spilled.

The black, bubbly, acid-like essence rose up formed into an anthropomorphic figure, it was reassembling into Jeroo's body. After the body, head and limbs were formed, it formed Jeroo-Shei's tail which grew out behind him. Finally after Jeroo-Shei's body structure was formed, the black aura faded from his entire being and he looked exactly the same as he did right before he used the spell.

He was behind Black-Crow, who wasn't aware of all this happening, so he tapped him on the shoulder after he was done exchanging words with that Imperial, who Jeroo-Shei heard his name was Caleb while he was still in the black liquid state. After Black-Crow turned around from being tapped on the shoulder, he was startled a few steps back by the sudden appearance of this...shady, tan scaled Argonian with small fangs and weird purple and red face paint along with Black Vampire Armor and a hooded cloak who had an Ebony Katar sheathed on the side of his right thigh. Jeroo-Shei said, "May I....join you? I have nothing better to do." in a calm but yet creepy tone.

Duon

Graphic Designer
    Black-Crow was reloading his pipe when he suddenly felt the scaly fingers on his shoulder "May I....join you? I have nothing better to do." Turning his head he saw a Argonian dressed all in strange black armor, with a unique blade at his side whose type Crow vaguely recognized from a encounter with foreign pirates some years ago. Crow had not heard the man approach whatsoever; extinguishing his pipe he started to speak. “That’s some skill you have their friend; I didn’t even feel you’re presence approach, which for myself is quite rare.” He laughed before opening one of the Ale’s his men had set on the table before him “I see you have the experience so that question seems a bit unnecessary; so how about your name?” the group setting at the table was growing quickly; it wouldn’t be much longer till they had all the crewmen needed, he thought to himself.

solace84

God of the Arena
    "This is my weapon. It's name is wood-fury! It strikes down any adversary with relative ease, apart from being enchanted with a dangerous frost enchantment! It has been passed down for generations, and it has finally been delivered to me, personally by the emperor." Seven lied.
    Dalious stared at the crazy man for a brief moment, thinking him a fool. Then he completely ignored his comments and turned away toward one of the Khajiit pirates near to him.

"I always thought cats hated water," Dalious said, starting up a conversation. "Wet whiskers and all. But your fur seems strong, it is well kept."
    Dalious pets the khajiit.
    "So simple..."
    The khajiit swats his hand away and gives him a menacing look. Dalious nods and takes another shot.
    "...It's nothing to be ashamed of cat."

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom
    Jeroo-Shei answered Black-Crow's question and said, "Jeroo-Shei, my name is Jeroo-Shei." Then asked, "And you are?" rubbing his head underneath his hood from giving himself a headache due to all that concentrating, Jeroo-Shei stood there quietly and waited for an answer.

A.Auditore

maybe...
    Before Veloca could answer Azulla about ordering she grabbed her friend by the arm when the door opened and a group of strangers walked in, one of the men in the group that walked in stood on the table announced to the entire tavern two things one he bought drinks for everyone and two he was looking for new crew members.

Azulla leaned in towards Veloca and whispered to her “What do you think? We have always been talking about leaving Solitude and exploring” she looked around, then quickly stood up, still with Velocas’ arm in her grip, she dragged Veloca over to the table where the one who called himself Black-Crow sat.

She pushed her way with Veloca behind her, to get to the table and in view of the captain. “Ahem… My friend and I would like to accompany you and your” she looked at the others that where standing around as she brought Veloca around to her side “Your crew that is if you are willing to take more” she smiled sweetly

Duon

Graphic Designer
    "Jeroo-Shei, my name is Jeroo-Shei." "And you are?" Said the Argonian; in a slightly strained tone. “Names Black-Crow; Captain of the Guilty Pleasures, the best damn vessel to ever plague the seas.” He smiled laughing and extending a hand to shake the lizards before returning to his Ale. “Looks like we’re just about all full up” he said blowing a smoke ring as he noticed two women, both dressed in sailing style clothes heading toward the table. “Ahem… My friend and I would like to accompany you and you’re…” “Your crew that is if you are willing to take more” At first look; one appeared to be Nord and the other Redguard, both very appealing to the eye.

Black-Crow smiled up at the pair “Traditionally women aren’t allowed on Pirate ships; but I’ve never been much for tradition myself.” He laughed before sipping his Ale “If you can hold your own against this brutish lot I see no problem in it. Names and experience?”

Melee

I'm back, bitches
    Before Veloca could respond to Azulla's questions, the doors to the inn burst open as a group of rowdy (and more than likely unsanitary) men strolled in, instantly attracting everyone's attention. The obvious leader of the group, standing on a table and theatrically waving his rapier in the air, made a bold announcement regarding his group and recruitment he was holding. He promised adventure, riches, and exploration; all of these were things Veloca and Azulla had dreamed about doing ever since they had first known each other.

A yank on her arm snapped Veloca out of her mental cloud of thought as Azulla pulled her out of her chair and toward the table the man was sitting at. It was clear that Azulla was excited by the prospect of being able to finally fulfill their dream, and Veloca couldn't blame her. For two girls trying to basically live day to day in the capital of Skyrim, dreams usually remained just that, dreams. This was an opportunity that they couldn't pass up. They had to act on it, and the more Veloca thought about what they would be experiencing, the larger the smile on her face grew to be.

As they made their way closer to the table, Veloca caught sight of a coin purse peeking out of one of the men's pockets. He was foolishly looking away, joking with one of the other crew members as they both drank from large pewter mugs. An easy target, Veloca thought with the slightest of smiles playing on the corners of her mouth. As she and Azulla reached the table to talk to the captain, Veloca bumped into the man slightly, as if Azulla pulling her arm had caused her to stumble. She used that opportunity to deftly pull the small coin purse out of the man's pocket and into her own, then placed her hand gently on his arm, apologizing for bring so rude and hitting him.

Veloca's face gave away no signs alerting anyone of what had happened, but on the inside, she was scoffing at how easy that grab had been. She started paying attention just in time to hear the captain say something about not being one for tradition, and that if they wished to accompany him, they had to provide names and any experience they had.

Looking him straight in the eye, she said, "I'm Veloca. I lived in Riften before here, had to learn to fend for myself at an early age. Believe me, I'm no stranger to the type of things that would happen on your ship." She smiled slightly, albeit bitterly, as she had a brief flashback of the life she lived when she was younger, always fighting to deal with her brothers, all of whom were older than her and always looking to pick on the only girl in the family.

A.Auditore

maybe...
    Azulla saw the look in Velocas' eyes as they headed over towards the table, she knew she saw something her friend wanted, as the coin purse careless hung there, Azulla set up Velocas grab by swinging her into the man, As Veloca was quick with her hands Azulla was quick with setting her up, its how they worked together as a team, Azulla would either set up or distract the victim and Veloca would go in for the kill, its how they survived day to day in Solitude.

she nudged Veloca to answer "I'm Veloca. I lived in Riften before here, had to learn to fend for myself at an early age. Believe me, I'm no stranger to the type of things that would happen on your ship."

“My name is Azulla, and as for experience I think we both know anyone can say they have experience in certain things but you know where experience lies.. it is in actions not words” she looked outside “Now might I suggest we stop making idle chit chat and get moving as it is time for shift change with the guards and well they do like to unwind in the inn and talk about how they became guards” she smirked “As you know they were once adventures but an arrow made them guards” she placed her hand on her hip “As for us we can handle ourselves” she smiled

Star Gazer

“Now might I suggest we stop making idle chit chat and get moving as it is time for shift change with the guards and well they do like to unwind in the inn and talk about how they became guards” Said one of the women. First women we've seen in years. I'm impressed. Said Simon, whispering into Seven's ear, teasingly. "Hush you. Sorry, my friend doesn't seem to have remembered to be polite. His name is Simon by the way. Anyway, the girl's right. We should probably get sailing before we get caught. It's only a matter of time before someone reports us to the guards." It was clear that Seven wanted to leave this evil town, full of torture and prisoners. Seven began to wonder why they kept so many prisoners in the capitol of Skyrim. It seemed as if the entire bar felt like being a pirate wouldn't be so bad. Most of them being drunk, there is a chance they won't even remember signing up. Seven looked at his weapon, the small wooden stick. It made him look pitiful, and not enough like a pirate. He took a seat by the door and began to carve a crude-looking sword out of the wood, just to pass the time until he was on the ship.

solace84

God of the Arena
    “Now might I suggest we stop making idle chit chat and get moving as it is time for shift change with the guards and well they do like to unwind in the inn and talk about how they became guards” Said one of the women to the captain.
    Dalious stood next to the khajiit, watching the two women asking to join in. He stared them up and down, without shame. He was thinking lude thoughts, patting the khajiit next to him on the back giving him the 'look at them' eyes. The khajiit stared at him blankly, he thought Dalious a fool.
    “As for us we can handle ourselves” ended the woman.
    "I bet you can," Dalious said loudly, for the room was high in volume due to conversation and drink.
    The odd man suddenly cut in.
    "Hush you. Sorry, my friend doesn't seem to have remembered to be polite. His name is Simon by the way. Anyway, the girl's right. We should probably get sailing before we get caught. It's only a matter of time before someone reports us to the guards," he said.
    Dalious held a confused look on his face when he started talking about 'Simon'. The man is crazier than me, he thought. And I once stole a troll's meat bone just to piss it off.
    He then remembered the guards, probably searching the streets by now. At any moment they could burst in the door, finding him but a fool amongst fools. He decided it best to blend in with the group in the back of the bar. He walked over and drank his ale amongst them, near the Bard who was just standing there holding an instrument. She was blonde and appealing to the eye, probably a Nord, he thought.
    "Are you just going to stand there and look pretty," he asked.
    "Do you have a request?" she asked, smiling at the man.
    "Play, 'Tale of the tongues'," he replied.
    She began the soft tune and Dalious remembered the dragonborn, taking a swig in honor of the legend. He sat next to the hallway leading to rooms. In case any guards busted in he could easily shift into one of the rooms and get out through the window. He sat back and enjoyed the song.

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom
    Jeroo-Shei shook Black-Crow's smooth hand and then proceeded to fix his hood because it was a little bit out of place. He witnessed two women asking to join the crew as well. He didn't say a word to them but nodded to them nicely as they stood in front of Black Crow introducing themselves while Jeroo-Shei himself was standing right next to Black-Crow at that moment. He looked over to his right at Black-Crow and said, "I agree with the majority of this group, we should get going now." he inched his head down towards his new Ebony Katar and caressed the blade of it. A sly grin spread across his Argonian face and then he mischievously said, "I'm eager to put my new weapon to the test...heh heh heh."

solace84

God of the Arena
    "You have a lovely voice," Dalious said to the bard, after she finished perfoming. "It matches well with your beauty."
    "Thank you," she said with a smile.
    "Such a delicate thing should be upon a stage in the city's court, not amongst these savages and drunks," he said, looking around the room.
    "You're kind," she blushed. "And what are you, if not a savage or a drunk?"
    "I, my lady, am a champion," he said, combing his hair back and flexing his muscle at the same time. "Just passing through, looking for more adventures. I sail out with these pirates soon on a dangerous quest, where I may even lose my life. This could be the final night I am to lay my eyes upon such perfection and beauty that you possess so well."
    She sat down at his table, setting her instrument next to the chair.
    "Sounds like you are a capable man," she said. "I've never met a 'champion'. A champion of what?"
    "The Arena," he replied. "It was a time long ago, when little hope beat within my heart. I fought through it, surviving the masses of gladiators I had no choice but to put down. Tell me..."
    He waited for a name, and she said, "Lisette."
    "Lisette," Dalious repeated. "A beautiful name. My name is Dalious."
    He took her hand and kissed it gently.
    "A nice name as well," she said, still smiling.
    "Tell me Lisette," he continued. "What would you do if you thought you would die the next day?"
    She thought for a moment, then replied, "I guess I would want to spend it with people I care about."
    "As would I," he said. "I fear death may come upon me on this quest out to sea. Unfortunately, I have no one left in this world I hold dear to me. No one at all. I am alone."
    He put his hand to his eye, as if to almost cry.
    "Well, that's not true," she said, putting her hand over his shoulder. "I can be your friend. You can spend time with me."
    "Would you play a soft tune for me as I lay to rest in my room?" he asked. "It would help me sleep."
    "I suppose," she said, and he offered his hand to her, then led her to a room.
    He entered the first one that was open, without paying for it.

Duon

Graphic Designer
    "Indeed it’s just about that time.” Crow said downing his ale and pushing back his chair standing up “Let’s move out!” Crow barked at the Khajiit’s whom quickly downed there drinks as they made for the door. As the group stepped through the door the cold nights chill hit like a wall; the streets were empty and little noise echoed from the homes around, it seemed they’re presence was still entirely unknown to the rest of the cities populace.

Leading the way Crow; and the newly minted crew of the Guilty Pleasures made their way for the gates. The walk from to the docks was uneventful; reaching the ship the now rowdy group was interrupted as a crewmen came running down the gangplank coming to a halt in front of Crow. “Captain! A galley made port at the East Empire docks about 15 minutes ago. They let off all but a skeleton crew and are still setting low in the water.” the Khajiit gasped out of breath. Crow thought the words over for a minute; he knew it wouldn’t be long till Inn’s patrons alerted the guard, if they were busy searching the city it could give them a window.

“Make the preparations immediately.” “We already have Captain.” “Good, this should be the perfect opportunity for everyone to get their feet wet.” Black-Crow turned to address the new crew members “Well you all heard the cat, come aboard and prepare for combat. We attack as soon as we can cast off.” He finished biting down on his pipe and turning to walk onto the ship.

solace84

God of the Arena
    Dalious was busy at work when he suddenly heard a commotion within the tavern. He got up, and walked over to peek through the door. He saw that the Penitus Oculatus Agents had entered and were looking around, and he also noticed that the pirates were all gone. One agent stormed into the hallway rather quickly and was kicking open doors to the rooms.
    "It's been fun," he said, and quickly jumped out the room's window fully nude.
    "Wait!" she yelled, disappointed. The guard kicked in the door and saw her covered up in sheets.
    'Damn pirates' Dalious thought as he looked around to the gate entrance of Solitude. It was clear, so he rushed and went out of the city. He jumped over the rocks to the side of the trail and climbed down, spotting the crew at the docks from afar.
    "Wait!" he said, tripping and tumbling down the rocks until he reached the road. He passed the stables, where he saw a line of clothes hung up. He grabbed the first thing he could and put it on quickly, as he caught up to the group.

A.Auditore

maybe...
    Azulla approached the ship, she looked it over from bow to stern “What a nice ship” “Prepare for combat we attack when we set sail” she raised her brow and did the movement with her hands like she was hitting a door “woah woah woah woah” “what? Attack? Battle?” she thought to herself as she hurried on the deck of the ship, she let a deep sigh “I guess there is no better time then now huh?” she quickened her pace to reach Crow “Yeah Captain Crow” she did a little jump and swung her arms behind her back and rocked back and forth on her heels, catching a slide glance of a half nude man running towards the ship “What the…" she squinted and then shook her head "um sorry where would you like us to take position on the ship?” she said smiling as she nervously started to twirl her hair between her fingers