• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Hey everyone,

my name’s David and I am 19 years old. I’ve been looking for another board to talk about Skyrim for a while now because the moderators in the official Bethesda forums are ridiculously despotic in that they even go as far as to prohibit the mention of entire topics (e.g. children in Skyrim). I’m not quite sure what exactly their reason for this behavior is (in some cases there might be legal ones) but it really got annoying after a while.

So, to make it short, I am glad to have found this website and hope that it will allow for open discussions more than the aforementioned forums did :>

Renegader

Administrator
Staff member
Hey there David!

That's so weird, I don't get why they'd do that, haha.

Anyway, thanks for joining and I hope you have a great time here. :)

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
So far everything points to “yes, absolutely” :D

I’m not sure either why they would behave like that. As I wrote, in some cases they appeared to be afraid of legal consequences but in other ones these measures seemed completely arbitrary. And then there was that preposterous swear word filter which even blocked terms that appeared in perfectly normal words ... >_>

I haven’t been there in a while, maybe they fixed at least that in the meantime. Even if they did I doubt that I’ll go back there any time soon.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
welcome to the forum! that is pretty weird indeed. forum should be a place for open discussion but I guess when it comes to official forums, they want to keep it positive... I remember what happened with bioware forums. criticism = ban LOL

Jeruhmi

Hey David and welcome to the forums. I hope you like it here.
That is weird how they can be so strict about discussion.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
*shrug*

Maybe those were just some extraordinarily grumpy mods. In the “Dishonored” subboards of the Bethesda forums I didn’t have these problems with the moderators.

Jeruhmi

*shrug*

Maybe those were just some extraordinarily grumpy mods. In the “Dishonored” subboards of the Bethesda forums I didn’t have these problems with the moderators.
What do you mean by "Dishonored" ? Was that section corrupt? :p

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Haven’t you heard of that game yet? Bethesda will be its publisher. “Dishonored” is developed by “Arkane Studios” who made great titles such as “Arx Fatalis” or “Dark Messiah of Might and Magic”. You should check it out. I have a feeling that it’s going to be great :>

N3w_2_$kyr1min

Can't wait for Skyrim
Hey, welcome to the forums. I'm sure you won't have the same problems here mate. :) Mods on many forums can be power crazy, but this forum is run well.

Flamingtaco

I know what you mean, I had the same problem with Bethesda. Dishonored doesn't really have much concrete info yet but it looks pretty cool considering who's making/publishing it

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts