• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Mini Mongo

Drog Do Faal Mongonite Lahvu
    So for a while my head has been rattling with ideas that have bugged me, and finally I thought of sharing them with someone, which then lead to me creating this idea in my head.
    I literally came up with the baseline of the story in about 2 minutes, but it has been improved on, I have got 3 OP's to help me, and now I feel it's time for me to release this to you guys and girls :)

It is based in Nirn, Tamriel specifically, Skyrim even more specifically.
    The time is in the Metheric Era, and the Snow elves and Dwemer settle in a uneasy alliance.
    The Dwemer, led by Dunmac, the Dwemer king have been raging at war with the Chimer, led by Hortator of the Great houses.
    The Falmer (The Snow Elves) and the Dwemer (The Dwarves live among eachover in Merath (Now called Skyrim) in an uneasy Alliance.
    It is hard times as the Dwemer and Falmer constantly urge to attack eachover, but manage to hold such urges.
    I play as the Snow Prince, the Falmer's greatest General and King of the Falmer.
    With the power of Auriel's bow, shield and the great Falmer armour the power of the Falmer are growing, as the Dwarves dwell beneath their feet.
    But then, Atmorans (The first Nords) land upon the shores of Skyrim, and in exchange for peace the Falmer and Atmorans have a alliance, including the Dwemer, a great alliance of Merath.
    But the Falmer have different plans, they see the Atmorans as a weak and pathetic race, their power and age tiny compared to the Falmer.
    And because of this, a council is held, and the Snow Prince marches against the Atmorans, led by Ysgramor, slaughtering all in his path.
    The Atmorans get destroyed by the powerful Falmer, but the Dwemer say nothing, staying neutral in the underground. Growing in power.
    Ysgramor and a few Atmorans escape, going back to Atmora, and building a army (the companions)
    - This part is breaking lore, but will add a bit of a twist that no one will expect - as the Falmer believe they are victorious then begin to spread their wings among Tamriel.
    They become the most powerful nation in Tamriel, but the Dwemer dwell underground, a uneasy feeling among the Falmer.
    Suddenly the Dwemer rise from the depths of the underground, but not to fight, but to spread in the mountains of Skyrim.
    With the Falmer and Dwemer remaining at piece, both powerful among all else they are shocked.
    The Atmorans assault the Falmer.
    Eventually the 500 Companions led by Ysgramor begin to destroy the Falmer, taking all of their Kingdoms from them, including High rock, Skyrim, Hammerfell and Cyrodiil after years of fighting.
    The Falmer were weak, and fled to the Solstheim Island, for safe harbor.
    Eventually after the Falmer building a small army led by the Snow Prince they are attacked by the Atmorans, and so the battle of the Moersring starts.
    The Falmer lose this battle (this is another change of lore, but only slightly) as their great leader, the Snow Prince is cut heavily by a child.
    He is severely injured, and his Elite bodyguards flee on a ship, returning to Skyrim.
    They lay low as the Atmorans rise in power, creating a Kingdoms, living in harmony with the other Elves, and beast's of Elswyr and Black marsh.
    The Elite bodyguards, and various groups of Falmer survivors head for the Dwemer, but for protection they must take a toxic, that makes them blind.
    The bodyguards and Snow Prince do not agree, and instead leave seeking shelter with the Chimer in Morrowind, hidden in their harsh terrain, untouched by the Atmorans, the invaders of Merath.
    This makes the Dwemer uneasy, they know of the Snow Princes moves, and after the Dwemer at war with the Chimer for years they suddenly have a all out attack, planning on destroying the Atmorans and Chimer.
    Total war erupts in Tamriel, and the Snow Prince and his trusted bodyguards hide, moving in the shadows.
    Eventually, after years of being in a alliance with the Chimer they hold a council of Merath, and create a powerful alliance, this is when they storm the Atmorans.
    The rest if open to creation, this is mostly based upon the actual Lore of what happened with the Dwemer, Atmorans (Ancient Nords), Falmer and Chimer.

Leaders of the Factions:
    Falmer - The Snow Prince - Played by me
    Atmorans - Ysgramor - Played by cazzer14
    Chimer - Hortator of the Great houses - Meben15
    Dwemer - Dunmac - MR-WIKI-96

I don't really like the idea myself. I think it would be more interesting if you were telling the story from the perspective of one of the soldiers and maybe just focused on one small aspect of it, like say JUST the battle of Moersring, it just lacks personality when you have such a broad range of time to cover and you play as the most important character. The reason I say this is that, like you pointed out, there is a lot of lore that already covers these events. Sure you could improv HOW the events happened but one of two things is going to happen, either all of the readers will know what is going to happen next which is boring, or all of the readers will be distracted by the fact that you are straying so far from lore. It's a great idea for two minutes worth of thinking like you said, but it still needs to be refined a bit.

Mini Mongo

Drog Do Faal Mongonite Lahvu
    Not alot of people actually care for lore of the game.........the reason I don't wanna play as a soldier is because I, along with the other OP's have already agreed the other players will play as them.
    It doesn't lack ANY personality either, they don't say how it happened, that's up to me and the writers, I honestly don't understand what you're saying.
    It's pretty refined to, but this is the baseline like I believe I said, sorry if I didn't.