PS4 Riften Thane Quest & Marriage Quests Broken?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Spectrum521

So, I was in Riften trying to become a thane and also investigate marriage possibly. I looked up a wiki guide on how to do it and it said to complete "The Raid" and help citizens with quests. I did both of those. I helped wujeeta, brought it to the jarl, and then completed the 2 quests afterwards. I helped quite a few citizens. I donated to all 3 beggars, sold crops to a farmer, sold wood to some girl and also helped her find her dead husband, and I also helped a guy deliver supplies to high hrothgar. After this, it said I needed to purchase honeyside by talking to the jarl's steward. I went and talked to the steward, and there were no dialogue prompts to purchase it. I tried completing her bounty quest and coming back and there was still no option to buy it.

While I was in Riften, I tried experimenting with the marriage system. I went to the Bee and Barb to talk to Maramal and he told me about the temple of Mara. I went to the temple and talked to him about weddings and the beliefs of the temple, and then I purchased an amulet of Mara from him. Afterwards, I went up to the NPC I wanted to marry, and I wasn't given an option to do it, despite the fact that I was wearing the amulet. I looked it up and found out I had to do a quest for her to marry her, but I still thought that marriage might have been broken. I tried talking to Lydia and seeing if I had the option to marry her since apparently you don't really need to complete a quest for her, but nope, I couldn't marry her. I cannot marry anyone.

How do I fix these 2 problems? Is my game broken?