• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Dawnstar Guard

Defender of the Pale
    I finally woke up, but as soon as i did i wished i was still unconscious. The beating still fresh in my mind i try to get up. A burst of pain came from my legs. " They broke my legs" I say to myself," i can't get up, i can't get out of here". I realize that I can't get to help. I am going to die. I look around, I am dead already. They left me outside a giants camp. They where already cooking the other man. Tears falling down my cheeks i realized that i have failed my mother's last wish.

Growing up I was always was shunned. While my brother was a strong nord I was a small breton. Nobody knew I as a breton for a long time. My dad was the son of the jarl of dawnstar and my mom was a bosmer servant. It was me and my parents secret for a while. One day I was getting a haircut before I officially joined the guard. I always was on patrols with them. I was a better archer than even the captain himself. I forgot that my ears where not of a nords. The lady giving me a haircut screamed that i was a thalmor spy. With my grandfather as jarl all you have to say is thalmor before a guard was there. My grandfather ashamed that I was a breton sent a mercenary after my mother. I knocked out the guard holding me with one punch and ran as fast I could to my mom's house. She was tanning some leather. I barely got to say anything before a arrow went through her chest. she told me one thing, "Save the city from people like your grandfather", then she died in my hands. Later that night the jarl was murdered.

I need to protect dawnstar from people like Ulfric Stormcloak. I notice the big castle of Dragonreach before I fell unconscious again.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    As Marek pried off the last of the hinges the door fell right off. They were in. He and Soldin were ready to move on Alice's order and Barnan and Dabiene were behind their new barricade with her. One of the bandits, curious as to why the door simply fell off, poked his head out. Alice had her imperial bow ready but her head was still throbbing and her vision was still blurry. She concentrated as hard as she could and held her breath to take the shot. Then, just as the bandit's nose cleared the doorway, she shot. Her steel arrow hit the foolish bandit right between the eyes and he died instantly.

Alice smiled at her victory but the added focus made her dizzy. Her vision went black for a moment and she looked down. In that moment, the leader poked his head out from behind an overturned desk. He had a ward spell in one hand and it must have been a strong one, because it blocked Barnan's arrow to the chestplate and Dabiene's lightning bolt without breaking. Only fading. He used the other hand to toss out a fireball spell and before anyone else could respond it impacted the table Alice was hiding behind. As if in slow motion, Alice rolled to her left side towards Dabiene and out of the way just as the fireball hit, spitting the table in two and sending fire and splinters everywhere. One of them missed Alice's neck by mere inches.

The orc laughed at the carnage. "Nice of you to come to my fortress with a twelve year old girl as your leader! Guess Ulfric killed all the grown up legionnaires! Don't worry though, you'll join all your friends in Oblivion soon! Time to die little soldiers!"

"Squad!" Alice coughed. "Kill everyone in that room, but leave that orc to me."

Everyone made ready to charge in. In addition to the orc battlemage there was a bosmer in cover with a crossbow trained on the entrance, a male nord swordsman with a large shield, and a fire rune right in the middle of the room. An argonain with an iron trident and a khajiit rogue with two poisoned daggers were hidden behind either side of the fallen door, lying in wait.

fellowknight

The Devil In The Details
    No sooner than the bandit lord poked his head over the desk did Barnan release the arrow that would have peirced his heart. Instantly, Barnan realized his mistake. The coward had a ward up. A strong one too, considering it just shrugged off his arrow and the other breton's lightning bolt without even breaking. Then the orc casted a fireball that blew the table next to him into bits of searing hot, burnt wood. The table Alice was behind. He tucked his his head and looked away as some of the bits hit his bare torso and arms. He looked over after the debree cleared to see where Alice had gone and if she was hurt but saw only that she had rolled out of the way. A few seconds after she recovered and set into a crouch, she barked orders to the squad.

"Squad!" Alice coughed. "Kill everyone in that room, but leave that orc to me."

Peering into the room, Barnan saw a bosmer in cover with a crossbow trained on the entrance, a male nord swordsman with a large shield, and a fire rune right in the middle of the room. An argonain with an iron trident and a khajiit rogue with two poisoned daggers were hidden behind either side of the fallen door, lying in wait. Sheathing his bow, he unsheathed his Iron Longsword in his right hand and two Iron Daggers in his left. The bosmer would fire at whoever entered the room first, then he would be forced to reload which would slow him down. The Nord would only engage if the bosmer fired, and if he failed, the bosmer would have another shot. The rune was simply placed but could easily be forgotten in the heat of battle. The khajiit and argonian were meant to simply ambush anyone who entered the room, the bosmer engaging anyone who slipped past. And at the end of it all, the Bandit Lord and no doubt his three or five archers would engange the rest if they happened to slip past the carnage.

Gripping his sword in one hand and his Iron Daggers in the other, Barnan vaulted the table he was behind and charged tail after Marek and Soldin, as they engaged the Argonian and Khajiit. Sliding under the skirmish, Barnan stood into a kneel and threw one of his daggers to the thigh of the Nord Warrior, stunning him if only momentarily. The warrior, outraged at the sudden pain and thought of being caught off guard, charged forward and leapt into the air crashing just beside the ranger as he stood. He sliced downward with a stroke that would have taken the ranger's head off, hadn't he ducked and sliced into the Nord's side. Standing now behind the nord, Barnan sliced across his back, which caused him immense pain no doubt and bought Barnan a few seconds. It was in this moment that Barnan remembered the Bosmer Bowman, and turned on his heel to see the crossbow raised and aimed for his bare chest. He felt the weight of his dagger in his hand and felt his heart beat slower as the Bosmer squeezed the trigger. If he missed this shot, he would die.
    SHINK!
    CLANK!
    Barnan's dagger clashed with the bosmer's arrow and sparks flew as the arrow and dagger flew aside to the floor. Momentarily distracted with his small victory, Barnan failed to remember the warrior he had wounded earlier, as the nord brought his blade under Barnan's ankle and tripped him onto his back. Climbing atop the breton, the nord thrusted his blade downward to stab into the half elf's chest only to have it countered and stabbed into the stone floor instead. After successfully countering the Nord's blade, Barnan gripped his own sword and rammed it into the Nord's heavily armored chest and rolled over so he had the advantage. Stabbing several times into the man's torso area, Barnan stood from the corpse he made and looked to the other side of the room to realize the archers and Bandit Lord were aiming and had already fired. Without thinking, Barnan ducked into a roll, grabbing the warriors shield, and raised it to the archers, blocking their arrows for the time being. He felt the intensity of heat as fireball after fireball from the Bandit Lord smashed against his shield, along wth the arrows of the archers. He wouldn't last long out here, not without help. All he could do was back up a little and pry the dagger from the warriors thigh. He would need it soon enough.

Andre Marek

You can run, but you'll only die tired...
    Marek stepped through the door as soon as the young commander had finished issuing her order. He had his dagger held in a reverse grip in his right hand and his left was ready to ward of any attacks as he rushed through the doorway. However, before he got more than two steps he ran headlong into a khajiit smelling of raw meat and armed with two daggers.

Without thinking, Marek shoulder checked the feline into the wall behind him, stunning him temporarily. Backing off slightly he then brought his dagger up in a slash across the khajiits chest and then back down, intending to bury it in the cats neck.

Before he could finish the khajiit however, he heard a scrapping noise on the ground behind him an instant before something hit his right foot out from underneath him and causing him to spin partway around. In order to keep from toppling over he had to abort his stab into the khajiit and instead throw his right hand up and bury the dagger in the masonry of the wall behind him. As he stopped his spin, Marek saw that it was the ranger, Barnan, that had slid past and interrupted his attack. Marek's eyes went wide for a moment as he glanced at the ranger, who was oblivious to his interference, Bastard! I'll kill him... if his stunt doesn't get me killed first.

Flicking his eyes back to the khajiit, Marek saw that that could very well be the case. The dagger in the khajiits right hand whipped past his face as Marek jerked his head back. As the weapon flew past, he spotted a wet sheen to its blade. Poison, damn. He thought just in time for a sharp pain to erupt in his left side.

Sucking in a breath through clenched teeth, Marek head butted the cat, his forehead driving into the khajiits short muzzle. As the khajiit reeled away, it clutched at its now broken nose, dropping one dagger to the floor and leaving the second still buried halfway in Mareks side, just above his waist. It also allowed Marek to finally drive his own dagger into the khajiits back. The move made stars dance in front of his eyes as his wound burned and he dropped to a knee, the khajiit falling on top of him. Growling, he stood up, taking the cat with him and shoved the dying man towards the center of the room.

With a grimace, Marek pulled the dagger out of his side with a quick jerk and clapped his other hand over it. Turning to look back at Barnan, Marek saw that the ranger was now pinned in the center of the room using a dead mans shield as cover as the bandit leader and the last remaining bandit fired arrows and magical balls of fire at him. Damn fools own recklessness got him into the situation! I should sit back and watch.... After a moments thought, his side flared in pain again and his vision flickered, But then I couldn't kill him myself. He added. Stepping back towards the door, he flicked his hand, sending the khajiits dagger flying towards the last bandit with a bow. He heard a wet Shlick as the borrowed weapon struck the mer in the throat, killing him. Marek slipped outside the doorway and leaned against the wall outside the room as he looked down at his side and the blood flowing between his fingers.

Dabiene Caristiana

Your friendly neighborhood weirdo
    While the Mercenary and the Ranger were tangling with the khajiit and others, Soldin decided to try his luck with the Argonian. His adversary had along pole with a very sharp arrowhead to it. Upon further inspection, it looked to be an ebony tipped spear.

'Great... Just what I needed. If I'm not careful, one stab could send me to Hircine.'

He wasn't confident in his Legion armor but it'd have to do. He slowly moved forward while being on his guard. Laughing the Argonian made fake thrusts in order to try and unnerve him.

"Hahah... Come on, Nord. I thought your people were supposed to be bold and stupid. What's the matter? Can't handle a poor little lizard?" His opponent laughed and continued to mock him. Trying to goad him into just charging at him. The Nord noticed he had backed him into a wall and that if he did charge, his enemy would just lean back on his spear and drive his weapon through, skewering him.

"And I thought your kind didn't like to fight like cornered rats. Where is your pride Argonian?" The lizard man hissed in defiance, "Watch it boy, before I pop your guts open," to demonstrate the threat he lunged with his spear at Soldin's stomach.

Stepping to the side, he twisted his body and brought his greatsword down with clang over the spear. Idiot. The head was cut off now, and all the Argonian had was a stick.

Or so he thought. Upon lifting the sword again he felt a sharp pain in his leg and he howled in anger, elbowing his adversary in the face. Both stumbled back to gather themselves. Looking over, the Nord saw the Mercenary was bleeding, looking on the verge of passing out... He had to give the man credit though, the man was fighting to stay conscious and that had to take a lot of energy and focus. He had to get the man out of there incase the Leader decided to have a go at him. At the moment it appeared he was dancing with everyone in sight. He saw Dabiene hurl a few fireballs and lightning bolts at him, but the wards easily deflected them as if he was flicking off flies.

Turning back to the Argonian he growled out, "Let's finish this, I'm getting hungry and I don't like missing a meal. RrrrrrRRRAaaaggh!"

Charging forward he raised his heavy sword over his head. He knew the Lizard was going to dodge and when he did to Soldin's left, he spun himself and swung his weapon 360 degrees in the poor bandit's direction, lopping off his head. His body dropped like a sack of potatoes, the head rolling around until it stopped in front of the Nord, it's eyes staring lifelessly back up at the killer. Shivering, Soldin sheathed his huge sword on his back and looked down at is right leg.

"Son of a--"

"SOLDIN! Get him out of there!"

Looking up sharply he saw Dabiene screaming at him to get Barnan out of there. Why, he didn't know. The man could get himself out of there, he didn't need any help... He did a double take when spell after spell was being flung at him with only a shield for protection. "Damn..."

"ANY DAY NOW BOY!"

Looking around he grabbed the broken stick from the dead Argonian and went running. He shouted over the yelling, "Hey!" Soldin got the bandit leaders attention by not only shouting but also throwing the large pole at the leaders head. Needless to say the Orc was not amused even though he laughed while blocking the pole and throwing it away. Seeing he was about to be set on fire he grabbed Barnan and using his strength he threw him over next to Dabiene while being hit with a fireball. Soldin was slammed into the ground by the blast and he thought he smelt burning flesh. The Orc could be heard laughing at the Nord's heroic stupidity.

"Really? This is it? A group being led by a little girl, a fancy mage, a small little ranger and a stupid Nord. That Mercenary wasn't very impressive either. That all you got little girl?" Soldin heard someone say something else and then he saw Dabiene right in front leaning over him. He thought he heard her say her trademark line, "You're an idiot." Before he blacked out.

'Did that Khajiit and Argonian have poisons?' was his last thought.

--------------------------------------

"You're an idiot!" Dabiene looked over and saw the leader was occupied with Alice. Hopefully Marek would come and flank the bastard because with all due respect to her Commander, she was in no condition to fight. She left her to the Orc since she commanded it but honestly, things didn't look well. Hopefully Barnan and Marek would get in there. Or...

She casted a look at Alice and mouthed, 'Distract him'. While Alice kept the leaders attention she pondered on which rune to use. Fire, Ice, or Lightning? The Orc already seemed to be well acquainted with fire. The Orc lived in Skyrim so frost wouldn't do much harm. Lightning... It would stun him and sap some of his magicka..

"Number three it is.." she muttered and silently casted a lightning rune behind the barbarian Mage before winking at Alice and then turning back to Soldin.

"Idiot." She grounded out before she began to heal him.

------------------------------------------

(OOC: Admittedly I'm not too confident in this post. Maybe it's my brain not working properly and sorting out the scene accordingly while mapping out the character's locations. If you all need anything changed, lemme know.)

fellowknight

The Devil In The Details
    Before Barnan could even think about how much longer his weary arms could hold up the red-hot shield, he felt a hand grab his back and looked over to see Soldin. Without a word or second thought, he was flung from his spot in the room and landed near Dabiene's feet, whom promptly pulled him up. Tossing the shield aside, Barnan looked back to hear the orc laughing a taunt after slamming Soldin to the ground with a fireball.

"Really? This is it? A group led by a little girl, a fancy mage, a small little ranger and a stupid Nord. That all you got little girl?" He laughed, continuing his one on one duel with Alice. She was badly injured from the last fight and nearly fainted earlier. Hell, she had trouble lifting a table earlier. She needed help. But before Barnan could move to assist, Dabiene casted a lightning rune behind the girl while she drove the orc back onto it. The battle might as well have been won.

Turning his head slightly, Barnan heard the few silent cuss words of a man and ragged breathing just outside the door. Going to investigate, Barnan found that it was the mercenary who was injured sitting outside the room. It was smart to get out of the room when he was injured but he should've called for help from Dabiene so he could get healed. Then again, it was Marek.

Moving closer, Barnan crouched infront of the man while he groaned quietly in pain and possible irritation. The wound he clasped on his side was leaking blood and a small amount of something....dark green? Poison, perhaps? Looking into the battled room, Barnan saw the dead khajiit with one of his daggers still clutched in his hand. A small amount of blood and the same green substance was barely visible. Yep, it was poison alright.

He looked up and saw Dabiene was busy healing Soldin, for the moment, so he was on his own. Pulling out a cloth he snuck in from the armory, he grabbed Marek's hand and moved it away, who refused at first, but eventually gave in. The rag consisted of special fibers that were made from rare wheat flowers that grew by the springs in Hammerfell. The rag was meant to draw out injected poison.

Putting the rag against Marek's side wound, Barnan spoke to him so as to calm him down.

"Hey, I'm not sure if you can hear me, but I have placed a rag on your side. Do not be alarmed. It will draw out the poison until Dabiene can help you."

Andre Marek

Marek grimaced as one of the others pressed a cloth against his side, he didn't particularly care who it was at the moment so long as it wasn't that ranger. This wasn't the first wound he'd ever gotten and it was a far cry from being the worst but it burned something fierce with the added poison, making it hard for him to concentrate.

"Hey, I'm not sure if you can hear me, but I have placed a rag on your side. Do not be alarmed. It will draw out the poison until Dabiene can help you." He heard that just fine. Barnan!

Even with his senses dulled, Mareks fist still connected with Barnans jaw fast than the blink of an eye in a blow that must have filled the rangers sinus' with fire salts. Barnan stumbled back even as Marek snapped his eyes open and reached out to grab the rangers collar and pull him back. Despite their near equal weight, Marek was slightly taller, coupled with his anger at the man, it allowed him to easily pul him down as he struck Barnan in the solar plexus with his left hand, sending the ranger to his knees. With a snarl, Marek said, "It's because of your carelessness that this happened. Your lucky I don't kill you ranger." With a shove, he sent Barnan stumbling backwards to land on his rear. Stars danced in front of Mareks eyes as the poison sent a shiver through him, but he made sure that nothing of his discomfort showed on his face as he growled, "Keep yourself to yourself or your luck will run out."

Leaning back against the wall, Marek reached under the Legion gear and ripped the bottom off of the tunic he was wearing under it and wrapped it tightly around himself, sucking in a breath as he pulled it tight. Whatever the poison was that the Khajiit had used, it wasn't of the fatal variety and the dagger hadn't hit anything vital so he would survive until he got back to his own gear back in Whiterun. The last thing he wanted was to have the werewolf use her magic on him. He almost would have preferred Barnans ministrations. Not that he had anything against the woman personally but he didn't trust magic, as a rule. If she wanted to use something other than the arcane to patch him up then she was free to do so, but he would have his dagger at the ready the whole while.

Baneloth

Donath glared at the bars of his cell, as if he could destroy the iron with the sheer anger in his deep blue eyes. The rest of his condition, was less than intimidating, despite his impressive muscles, and lack of fat, the man was garbed only in trousers and a sleeveless tunic. His head, bereft of any hair, had a long, shallow gash, from just past his forehead, to the back of his skull. It had stopped bleeding, and felt as if someone had partially healed it, though only minimally.

He had other injuries, most of them hidden by the clothes he wore. Bruises, cuts, a possible cracked rib, but it didn't hurt as much as other ribs in the past had. Besides that, he was in good shape. Better shape than his lads...he shook his head, pushing the thought of his former team to the back of his mind. Grieving for them would need to wait until he was out of the cell. Out of the damned fort entirely. He wasn't entirely certain how he'd come to end up in the cell in the first place.

By the time he'd escaped the gods forsaken crypt, he'd been nearly delirious from loss of blood. The bandits must have found him outside, and decided he might be worth something to the stormcloaks. He'd only worn his steel armour, gauntlets and boots, but he did have a small medal badge that he'd affixed to the rim of his chest plate, with the Stormcloak bear on it, with a blue sapphire as the eye. Though, recent events being considered, Donath was fairly certain that his time with the Stormcloaks and that bastard Ulfric was finished.

Turning away from the past, he turned towards the single bandit in the room, who was standing well out of arms reach. Obviously, the man didn't want to find out what would happen if Donath got his hands on his scrawny throat. The sound of fighting echoed down to his ears, and the bald, scarred Nord glanced at the door, frowning. Ulfric didn't care about bandits, so he was fairly certain that it wasn't a Stormcloak unit that was fighting its' way through the fort. And no one that Donath cared about was still alive. He glanced at a nearby chest, that he guessed held his armour. His steel battle axe rested against the wall near it. He'd need to figure out a way to get to them, if the intruders were hostile.

fellowknight

The Devil In The Details
    Before Barnan could blink or even move, Marek's fist connected with his jaw with a sickening snap that resulted in a wave of sore pain that threw him back some feet. And again, without warning, the man pulled him back and palm slapped his celiac plexus, causing him to crumple to his knees from the sudden nerve pain. With a snarl, Marek said,"It's because of your carelessness that this happened. Your lucky I don't kill you ranger." With a shove, he sent Barnan stumbling backwards to land on his rear. "Keep yourself to yourself or your luck will run out." Marek said, ripping off the bottom of his tunic and used it as a bandage for the time being. With a sigh and a small grunt, Barnan stood to his feet swiftly while holding his chest.

"Something tells me it's gonna run out anyway. Gah, remind me next time not to help you. Now i remember why i work alone.." He groaned, walking over and ripping his rag from the man's wound, in which he groaned in slight pain. He stepped back to closely dodge the man's fist that would have broke his nose. He rubbed his jaw and nodded to the man before turning to head downstairs. Before he could reach the steps however, Alice's voice stopped him in his tracks.

"Barnan! Where do you think you're going?"

"Just securing the perimeter, commander." He plainly stated, walking down the steps to a large room with a fireplace. He sat in a chair and held both hands up to his jaw, a white light swirling his bruised jaw to relieve the pain. He wasn't a great healer but he knew enough to get rid of a nasty bruise.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Alice waited for everyone to charge into the room and engage the enemy, giving herself as many moments as possible to rest before engaging the leader. There was a wooden chair at the left end of the squads' now-split barricade and Alice dragged it over to the center of the room where she could watch the action and get a moment's rest. She was sleepy and nauseous, she knew she was sick and needed rest, but as much as she wanted to just curl up onto the floor and sleep she needed to see this through. She had to earn the respect of these people.

Her heart rate and breathing were slow and she struggled to stay awake. The pain and weakness that came with frostbite venom exposure was there but there was more to this poison that that. There was some sort of sleeping potion or heavy stamina drain elixir too. Dabiene's healing and Soldin's potion weren't enough to stop this poison and Alice's mind was getting foggy. She had to move now.

Barnan had taken care of a Nord warrior but was under fire from a bosmer crossbowmen and that blasted orc and his fireballs. One by one they slammed into the ranger's scavenged shield, each making it hotter and hotter. Soon it would be too hot and Barnan would have to drop it or have his arm be burnt down to the bone. He could lose it at that point. Alice picked herself up and moved through the doorway as fast as she could. Marek was wounded in his side and looked ill from poison but had managed to take out both a Khajiit rogue and the bosmer crossbowmen. Soldin had killed an Argonian and cleaved his iron trident in two. He had also pulled Barnan free of his fireball assault while getting hit himself in the process. Dabiene was seeing to them both. Now was the time to strike.

With all the strength she could muster, Alice charged at the bandit lord and gave him a heavy slash across the diaphragm, where his chest and stomach plates met and his armor was soft. Alice roared in fury as she struck, channeling a flame spell through her sword to make it glow orange with heat and leave a brilliant train of ashes as it slashed across the orc's belly. Her sword made contact and cut through the orc's armor, producing a shallow, wide cut across his chest. Her strike ended with her arm stiff out at her side and her sword looking as if it were molten (OOC: For those of you who have played Mass Effect 3, think of FemShep's heavy melee attack and how her omni blade glows that pretty yellow in her outstretched arm at the end of the slash, and how she roars when you use the attack. That's what Alice just did.)

The orc grunted in pain and Alice became invigorated by her small victory. She struck again, deepening the cut, but the orc didn't go down. His eyes glowed red and his hand glowed red, as if they were enveloped in lava. He gave a roar that only a man consumed by bloodlust could make and punched Alice in her exposed left side. The punch felt like being hit by a red hot mace to Alice and she felt one of her ribs crack. Tears of pain rolled down her eyes and she cried as loud as she could while still keeping her teeth clenched. She fell to one knee with stars in her eyes.

"Really? This is it? A group led by a little girl, a fancy mage, a small little ranger and a stupid Nord. That mercenary wasn't very impressive either. That all you got little girl?" The orc taunted.

Alice couldn't answer and had nearly lost hope when she saw her salvation. There was a lightning rune right behind the orc! Dabiene, the most experienced mage of the group, must have casted it. All Alice had to do was push this lumbering palooka into it and this battle would be over. The orc was completely oblivious to this and had produced an iron mace ready to crack Alice's little egghead open. He swung down with full force in the same direction the other orc from outside had hit Alice earlier today, but this time she was ready. With a well time adrenaline rush, Alice ducked and the mace flew clean past her, leaving the orc off balance. Alice saw it swing by in slow motion. She concentrated on the orc's ugly green face, snarling and taunting her. Those yellow eyes, those ugly sharp teeth, that menacing green grin he had. It was time to remove it, permanently.

Using all the magicka she coud pool, Alice sent a two handed shock spell square into the orc's face, causing him to roar in pain and lose his balance. He stumbled backwards, right into the lightning rune. Blue electricity coursed through his body and his muscles seized up. His roars of pain and rage filled the room and it caused the four archers on the balcony where the orc's makeshift throne was to stop attacking. The simply stood by the side stairs leading up to it and watched.

(OOC: They're on a second level of the room. Where there's two sets of stairs that meet in the middle and lead up to a new platform in some forts. Right now there's a wall in front of us. you have to go to a corner the wall, make a 90 degree turn either way and walk up the steps. Then they meet in the middle of the wall and you're on a raised part of the room. Let me know if that doesn't make sense.)

The orc fell to one knee and panted, beaten and covered in patches of burnt dead skin.

"No more." He said to Alice. "I yield...*deep panting breath*...I yield. Let me live and the fort is yours. I surrender."

Alice grabbed him by the back of the neck and put the tip of her sword against his throat.

"We do not accept surrender." Alice said wearily. She then ran her sword through the bandit's throat, killing him instantly. His last words were reduced to a wet gurgle.

His body fell on it back and she put her foot against its chest, yanking her sword out and slicing the air to get the blood off. The archers dropped their weapons and came down the steps from the raised part of the room.

"Please..." One of them, an imperial with long brown hair, hide armor and now shirt said. "We surrender. Just...let us live and we'll turn ourselves in! Please! Don't kill us!."

Alice sheathed her sword and pulled out her steel dagger. She hobbled over to the man and pushed him against the wall. Despite being six inches taller than him, her, he offered no resistance.

"W-what are you doing? No! Stop!"

But it was too late. Alice had raised her dagger and slit the man's throat blood dripping down his collarbone from the fresh wound. The last thing the man saw was Alice's eyes. They weren't the warm, soft medium blue they usually were, but a cold solid sky blue. They were rings of ice that bored utter contempt into the man. She savored his last gasp, then wiped her dagger on his hide pants. The other three archers, another Bosmer, a Redguard and another Khajiit, were dumbfounded and terrified. Never had they seen such a small, frail girl be so ruthless.

Alice turned to the squad, which was just as dumbfounded. "Execute them." She ordered.

Andre Marek

Marek reached the room the commander was in just in time to see the young woman shove the tip of her sword through the neck of a bandit that was trying to surrender. Didn't quite expect that. She might not be such a liability. The commander turned around as several of the other bandits threw down their weapons and raised their hands, "Execute them." She snarled at Marek along with the others, who had followed him into the room.

Everyone, bandits included, looked at her with wide eyes. Marek kept his face straight but he was just as surprised as everyone. This raid was supposed to highlight the squads combined prowess but he hadn't thought that they would be executing prisoners. Despite how people perceived him, Mareks usual MO wasn't that of a dedicated killer. He was normally hired to capturepeople. Alive. Nonetheless, she was the commander and he had agreed to follow her orders.

With a grimace, he stepped forward and loosened his sword in its sheath. Pulling his sword out caused stars to swarm in front of his eyes and he felt light headed for a moment but he didn't show his discomfort to the Bosmer kneeling in front of him as he twirled the weapon so that it was point down and lifted it so that the blade hung just above the hollow where his collarbones met. The man stared up at him but before he could protest, Marek drove the blade down, killing him almost instantly as it cut his spine.

As the Mer crumpled to the ground, Marek stepped back and stared down at the body. Without turning he said, "A waste. Could have gotten a fair price from the Jarl for the leader." He gestured at the Orc. Placing a hand over his side he stepped back and stood next to the Commander.

fellowknight

The Devil In The Details
    Bored with his thoughts of how Ulfric would react to all this, Barnan stood from the chair to study the room he was in. There was a fire place in full blaze to his front, a stone room with no doors and only one exit to his rear, a large worn-wood door to his right that possibly to the prison section of the fort, and then the staircase that followed the circular diameter of the room and nestled just above the fireplace. Giving the fire and the room above one final glance, Barnan decided to investigate the prison section to see if there were any surviving bandits he could execute himself. Grabbing the door handle, Barnan pulled the door open slowly to see if there were any creaks or rusted bolts. He wasn't here to get ambushed by some lowly bandit who probably bathed in dirt and kidnapped women for fun. Besides that, he had no intentions of losing his stealth edge just because most of the fort had been taken. He was a fool at times, yes, but he wasn't ignorant. Ever.

Carefully pacing down the steps, Barnan unsheathed his iron dagger and peered into the room below, clutching his Iron Longsword in his right hand. He saw the shadow of what looked like a rather scrawny bandit leaning on a wooden table, his squeaky tone insulting what Barnan guessed was a prisoner. As the man ranted on, Barnan slowly walked forward, studying the room to make sure they were alone.

"Ya really thought ya were something, didn't ya? Saw ya stumblin out of that cave like a drunk. When the others finish the intruders, we just might get a good price for your head. Wat do ya tink? Tin, twenty thousan'? I tink-"

He was cut off as Barnan plunged his dagger into the bandits back. After stabbing several more times, Barnan grabbed him by the head and slammed him into the table, creating a dent and splintering some of the wood. Before the man could even recover, Barnan was on him, dagger against his throat and sword against his stomach. But before he killed him, Barnan noticed the prisoner was watching. He was bald, short, and looked heavily injured from the amount of blood. But what really unsettled Barnan, was his eyes. He just sat there, crouched and unarmed, watching his every move.

So, instead of killing the bandit, Barnan grabbed him by the collar and firmly kicked him back into the bars of the nord's cell. Almost instantly, the man's arms locked around the bandits chicken neck and squeezed the life from his eyes slowly. After the body hit the floor, he casted Barnan a glance and a nod before going to loot the man. Barnan looked at the man for a few more seconds, before pushing off towards the stairs.

"Good luck " He said to over his shoulder, as he climbed the steps into the upper room. Following the stairs, he regrouped with the squad and saw that last of the bandits swiftly being executed. Nodding to the commander, he gestured to the stairs.

"Fort's clean, no survivors as far as I can tell. Aside from the old woman, but she's of little danger."

Dawnstar Guard

Defender of the Pale
    As i woke up i almost thought i was at home in dawnstar, sleeping in the barracks. Sadly I was wrong. Still unable to move my legs around a giants camp. "It could be worse", i said to myself mostly to calm myself down. Eventually i grew the will to look at my leg. They were broken for sure. One looked alright enough to walk on if i had a crutch. The other looked like a expert healer would have a hard time fixing. It even had a dagger stuck in it. "Wait a minute, a dagger", the thugs gave me a way to free myself. All I have to do is pull it out. That was harder than it sounded.

The pain was the worse i felt since the beating. I managed to pull it out without cutting an artery or vein. Crying out in agony forgetting about the giants made the situation a whole lot worse. One the giants came over, i believe to silence me, with his club. I swiftly cut the binds on me before I hid the knife in between my legs with the handle sticking out of the back of my legs. The giant leaned over to pick me up. As he was bringing me to his shoulder to carry me like a sack, i grabbed the dagger and tried to stab him in the heart. He through me away and raised his club. as it went down i rolled out of the way. The giant did not raise his club again. He got on his knees trying to pull out the dagger, he seemed to be in more pain than i was.

I had to try to crawl away before the other giants notice. I never moved so fast and was never so tired. Even though i was crawling i got out of there. the worse was over. I crawled over to the nearest road next to an empty watch tower and waited for who ever walked by next. If it was a group of bandits i would even try to join them. Lets hope it is not.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts