Question on recording NPC dialogue

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

throwaway

I want to record some place-holder dialogue for some NPCs I'm creating. However, when I select the 'Configure' button and select my microphone as the input, another dialogue box pops up and asks me to select the audio format. However, the box is empty, so there is nothing to select, and no way to type anything in. The only thing it will let me do is hit 'Cancel'.

I also tried working around this by recording the audio in a separate program, and placing the file in the Data/Sound/Voice directory so I could just select it in the dialogue options menu. However, only the default files seem to be there, and there's no way to "browse" to it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Aaron D.

*le facepalm*

If either of you guys had read his statement and understood what he was asking this problem might be solved. He's already done the tutorials to BOTH links you posted.

Here's his problem in plainer english.

In the TOPIC WINDOW where you RECORD YOUR AUDIO there is a CONFIGURE button. You would normally use this button to select the microphone that you want to record with. This is in the tutorial.

What the tutorial DOESN'T COVER is what to do when you select a microphone and the "Input Format" window comes up. It is empty, and the OK button is greyed out (unselectable) so your only recourse is to kit cancel. That's your only option.

So here is this mystical problem that we're bashing our heads against the wall for and everyone keeps sending us back to the tutorial. WE DID IT ALREADY! THIS IS A PROBLEM WITH THE TUTORIAL ITSELF!

Please God someone answer this without posting another link back to the tutorial.

OldLace

researcher of all the things
Apparently this question was never answered and I am totally interested in the answer. I want to make a new follower when I finally get around to loading Skyrim on my laptop.
Bumping and dotting, or whatever you folks say