Xbox 360 how many times do you want to be a vampire?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

jonathan90

well known member
I have only been a vampire once in this game, and I am thinking about just adapting to staying for a little while as a vampire lord.

But how many times do you want to be a vampire lord?

I know, it's kind of fun having everybody hate you and want to kill you and hunt you down, but how many times would you want to be a vampire? if you have only been a vampire once? and did not like it?
and want to be one again? and like it again?

But how many times have you been a vampire? and want to start over again and go further?

I am thinking of going a lot further this time the next time I want to become a vampire lord,like go all the way this time and unlock magical powers. Since I did not like being a vampire the first time.:D

Mookie

I have only been a vampire once in this game, and I am thinking about just adapting to staying for a little while as a vampire lord.

I know, it's kind of fun having everybody hate you and want to kill you and hunt you down, but how many times would you want to be a vampire? if you have only been a vampire once? and did not like it?

But how many times have you been a vampire? and want to start over again and go further?

I am thinking of going a lot further this time the next time I want to become a vampire lord,like go all the way this time and unlock magical powers. Since I did not like being a vampire the first time.:D

I hated it every time. Its attacks are too weak and iritating. You are just floating around and throwing that useless drain spell around, taking 10 hits to kill a single guard etc..
Not to mention that you cant fit trough doors in some places, that your health and magicka are wrecked during the day etc..
Overall I found it a frustrating experience

Two Bears

I'd say that since Dawngaurd I've gone the vampire route about 7 out of every 10 characters. I tend to play a lot of dastardly characters with high sneak and spells, so being a vampire kind of goes with the turf. I guess I've just gotten accustomed to it, and to the point that I have begun to find non-vampire play kind of bland and boring.

jonathan90

well known member
I guess it just takes coming to the term , "adapting to being a vampire" takes time and does get better over the time you are a vampire.

But when you become a more powerful vampire lord, your ability to adapt becomes better as you are a vampire for a lot longer. And I want to try that out again and adapt longer and get more supernatural vampire spells and powers.

here is a link on boosting your vampire powers and adapting better over time at each four stages of being a vampire lord.

berzum

Why is the alto wine always gone?
being a vampire is easy so long as you know how to enchant...at least enchanting can cancle out the day light effects, very easily

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
I've just Gone Vamp with my first character. She has been wanting to be one for quite some time and Dawnguard made it worth doing. My initial impression is positive. Vampires require a little planning and I prefer not to go all the way to stage 4 vampirism so that I can continue to interact with people in ways other than KILL IT! Being about during the daytime actually gives me a reason to cook and eat food.

Vampire Lords are cool! I like the perk tree and it makes me even more of a badass. It's certainly better than being a werewolf. I hate time limits. Plus, all werewolves can really do is a claw attack and howl. Granted, I haven't played as a werewolf much and there's some potential there but it's not really my style.

Being a vampire isn't something I'd want for all my characters but I'd definitely do it again. I become a werewolf because I have no choice but I like having the option to turn down vampirism.

Louise

Cowardly Summoner
I've just Gone Vamp with my first character. She has been wanting to be one for quite some time and Dawnguard made it worth doing. My initial impression is positive. Vampires require a little planning and I prefer not to go all the way to stage 4 vampirism so that I can continue to interact with people in ways other than KILL IT! Being about during the daytime actually gives me a reason to cook and eat food.

Quote: In Dawnguard, one can get to stage 4 vampirism and still not get attacked on sight.

On-topic: I had an illusion mage/vampire lord some time ago. She got to around level 50 and I deleted her. To me, losing the stage 4 fear sucked a lot of the fun. No more sneaking into houses and cities just to feed so I can sell my loot!

Yipee!

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
Quote: In Dawnguard, one can get to stage 4 vampirism and still not get attacked on sight.

On-topic: I had an illusion mage/vampire lord some time ago. She got to around level 50 and I deleted her. To me, losing the stage 4 fear sucked a lot of the fun. No more sneaking into houses and cities just to feed so I can sell my loot!

Yipee!
Well that's news. I got the message "You are now hated and feared" and figured I better not show up in any towns until I fed. That does kill some of the fun but in other ways it's actually cool because I can let myself go to stage 4 and enjoy all the vampiric powers at full strength.

AS88

Staff member
Dawnguard really disappointed me in that the Vampire Lord form is pretty powerful, and the questline is okay, but the whole thing about the NPCs not being hostile towards you totally ruins it. I understand Bethesda wanted to make it accessible, but it's just ridiculous. This was pretty much the final straw for my decision to get a PC ASAP, so I can download mods that fix this and the numerous other frustrations I have with the game.

Cherry

Farfetch'd is judging you!
I have played a lot of vampire characters.
At first, I didn't like it simply because you get annoying weaknesses without any really beneficial things in return. All the vampire abilities seemed, and still seem, underwhelming to me.

But, over time, being a vampire really grew on me and nowadays I really enjoy it. I still think vampires should get some more useful abilities. The boost to Illusion is nice, but once you get the boosting perks + dual casting your spells should affect pretty much anything anyway, and the Sneak bonus is insignificant in the long run. At least in my experience.

And Vampiric Drain! My, my what a useless spell. I'm now talking about the normal vampire's drain spell, not the vampire lord one. It tops at 5 damage per second. Really? There really should be a quest or something, that would reward you with a more powerful drain spell, the current on is way too weak.

The Vampire Lord spells are pretty cool, though. Summoning Gargoyles, and flinging a giant off a cliff with telekinesis? Yes please, count me in! Although what I would've liked to see is a direct damage spell other than Life Drain, plus a more powerful Raise Dead. I mean, come on, the current one can barely raise a bandit! A vampire lord should be capable of more than that...

Right now, I'm playing an Argonian nightblade, and I'm thinking of making him a vampire. What do you guys think of Argonian vampires?

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
I have played a lot of vampire characters.
At first, I didn't like it simply because you get annoying weaknesses without any really beneficial things in return. All the vampire abilities seemed, and still seem, underwhelming to me.

But, over time, being a vampire really grew on me and nowadays I really enjoy it. I still think vampires should get some more useful abilities. The boost to Illusion is nice, but once you get the boosting perks + dual casting your spells should affect pretty much anything anyway, and the Sneak bonus is insignificant in the long run. At least in my experience.

And Vampiric Drain! My, my what a useless spell. I'm now talking about the normal vampire's drain spell, not the vampire lord one. It tops at 5 damage per second. Really? There really should be a quest or something, that would reward you with a more powerful drain spell, the current on is way too weak.

The Vampire Lord spells are pretty cool, though. Summoning Gargoyles, and flinging a giant off a cliff with telekinesis? Yes please, count me in! Although what I would've liked to see is a direct damage spell other than Life Drain, plus a more powerful Raise Dead. I mean, come on, the current one can barely raise a bandit! A vampire lord should be capable of more than that...

Right now, I'm playing an Argonian nightblade, and I'm thinking of making him a vampire. What do you guys think of Argonian vampires?
Vampiric Drain. Yeah. Talk about underwhelming. On top of that, it doesn't even count towards the perk tree if you kill something with it. What's up with that? o_O

I have personally never played an Argonian, let alone a vampiric one. The Histskin power seems like it would be useful but the way the power is worded (increase healing by 10 times) makes me wonder if it still works if you're out in daylight. If not, major bummer.

JClarke1953

Once was enough. It was great being a Vampire Lord until I defeated Harkon. After that, it was the same thing as being the Listener for the Dark Brotherhood or Guildmaster. All you do is go out and do "errand's". It was fun getting there, but after? It got monotonous after.

Cherry

Farfetch'd is judging you!
Once was enough. It was great being a Vampire Lord until I defeated Harkon. After that, it was the same thing as being the Listener for the Dark Brotherhood or Guildmaster. All you do is go out and do "errand's". It was fun getting there, but after? It got monotonous after.

Aye, there should certainly be something rewarding for being the lord of the Volkihar clan. You should be sending Orthjolf and Vingalmo to do errands for you, not the other way around :p

This applies to other factions too.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
I like Hunting them, have done since Oblivion. Them having glowing eyes makes it all that much easier, but I guess that is because they're the Vampire's of Skyrim, being more tougher. And Cyrodiil Vampires were masters of disguise.

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
For Kailin, being a vampire became a big part of the characters identity. Though she was/has tried to remain Lawful-good and sided with Isran, destroying Harkon.

I didn't cure Serana and freed Valerica from the Soul Cairne.

My current play through on my bosmer ranger/thief, did not become a vampire. Fearing that undeath would sever her connection with the natural world.

I cured Serana and left Valerica trapped in the Soul Cairne. Ending Harkon's bloodline forever. The End.

jonathan90

well known member
I have just recently started a new female dark elf character, and she is so hot too.

I am going to make her a vampire. And I am joining Harkon on this with her too, just too experience something different in the game, then the dawngaurd previously with my wood elf.

I am going to make her a full blooded vampire assassin, and really,really in build my knowledge on the vampire style game,since I was a vampire twice on my other account as a wood elf.

I want her to be on my first account, and totally drain the blood buckets out of people.And be with a vampire family since I was very much alone as a vampire just being with the dawnguard itself and becoming a vampire.Plus I am using illusion and conjuration as in "summoning" no binding weapons at all.

jonathan90

well known member
when I train her up as a vampire lord assassin, I will show you a picture of her.
Her name is suturee illuminist the dark elf vampire.the assassin vampire!!!!!and she is one mean bitch of a lady dark elf.

And she has.....

Bitchyness #1

scaryness #2

viciousness #3

badass no 1 ### garanteed:D;):cool: