18+ Hero by Choice (sequel to Hero by Mistake)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, thanks for visiting our fan fiction section. You should only write stories that aren't related to your character's encounters, if you wish to write a story about your character please post an entry in your blog.

Before reading or writing a story, please make sure to read this thread. Thanks, Guest, and we hope you enjoy this section.

Brynja

[Prior knowledge of game lore not required.]

Child of Akatosh. Champion of Meridia. I am Dragonborn, and I am not here by mistake. The gods have a plan for me – to fight the undead, and to save Skyrim from destruction. My name is Deborah, and I am a hero by choice.

This story is posted at FanFiction.net (https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9891081/1/Hero-by-Choice).
The story is cross-posted at ArchiveOfOurOwn. (http://archiveofourown.org/works/1065718/)

Extended Description: Ulfric Stormcloak is dead, killed without explanation by an orc Dragonborn. Deborah must travel to High Hrothgar to learn about her newfound destiny and find out who the mysterious orc is. She must also find a balance between being Dragonborn, the Champion of Meridia, and a friend, lover, and mother.
This is not your typical Skyrim/Dragonborn story. Skyrim quests and plots are altered, new ones are added (though I would hardly call them "quests" as opposed to necessary actions), no in-game dialogue or plotlines will be played out, and the Dragonborn, Deborah, is not even from Nirn.

TL;DR: The following story is what happens when a modern-day non-combat-ready woman gets ripped into another reality where coffee and toilet paper do not exist but dragons and zombies do and she is driven by the gods to be a hero.

Disclaimer: All Skyrim in-game characters, themes, questline plots etc. are property of Bethesda Softworks.

ffnet1b.png