Xbox 360 Got 3 Elder Scrolls Weighin' Me Doowwwnnn....

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Zolo-Shea

Lizard Wizard
Hey fellow vampires,

So I've gotten a good ways into the Dawnguard DLC, killing those self-righteous crossbow-loving crumbums left and right. I've found the bow, confronted Harkon, and I've even fulfulled the prophecy by turning the sun into a blood blister. So when do I get rid of these 20 pound elder scrolls!? They're really heavy, and I don't need 60 pounds of elder scroll with me everywhere I go. i'd love to dump them somewhere in my house, but they still count as quest items. I've read that if you wimp out and join up with the Dawnguard, you can give them or sell them to the Moth Priest for a crapton of money! He's my thrall, why can't I just tell him to give me a crapton of money!? Those crossbow kids get all the breaks.

In summation, where the hell is a vampire supposed to ditch these cumbersome elder scrolls!? I'm worried a glitch is forcing me to carry 60 pounds worth of quest items.

Sqeagy

The Gentle Utensil
THey're quest items in your inventory. Quest Items don't affect your weight.

Lifts-Her-Tail

Well I think you have to finish off the whole of the Dawnguard main quest until you can get rid of them

Gowsh

Old Fart
Even though they list as 20 each, they are zero encumbrance.

Drop everything but the scrolls and you'll see.

Zolo-Shea

Lizard Wizard
Well damn, that's great news! I didn't realize quest items--despite the weight rating--don't actually weigh you down. That's good to know, I've been bitching about it everytime I recieve a heavy quest item. Just think, all that wasted breath could've been used to recite a beautiful poem.

I've still got some loose ends in the Dawnguard quests (currently setting out to slay a "traveling bard,") hopefully I'll find a place to stash them once all is said and done. Thanks for the help, ya'll!

Gowsh

Old Fart
As far as I know, the only way to get rid of them is to sell them to the orc in the library at the College of Winterhold.

You can only sell the 2 from Dawnguard, however, if you haven't yet sold the one from the main quest.

Zolo-Shea

Lizard Wizard
As far as I know, the only way to get rid of them is to sell them to the orc in the library at the College of Winterhold.

You can only sell the 2 from Dawnguard, however, if you haven't yet sold the one from the main quest.

That's awesome, thank you!

Zolo-Shea

Lizard Wizard
You can also sell two of them for 6000 to Devin at Fort Dawnguard.

I uh... kinda killed everybody in Fort Dawnguard. It's not my fault! I was sent there by a member of Volkihar Castle (don't actually remember who it was) but I said, "Heck yeah! I'll slaughter 'em good."

...and then I slaughtered them good. Sounds like Winterhold is my only hope. Haven't tried it just yet, but we'll get there.

MrDSL

I uh... kinda killed everybody in Fort Dawnguard. It's not my fault! I was sent there by a member of Volkihar Castle (don't actually remember who it was) but I said, "Heck yeah! I'll slaughter 'em good."

...and then I slaughtered them good. Sounds like Winterhold is my only hope. Haven't tried it just yet, but we'll get there.

At some point MrDSL will learn to read..

Or maybe not...we shall see ;)