• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Am i the only one whos annoyed by the fact I got that little house in whiterun, then discovered you can get other houses? I want to move into my house in Markarth but not really sure how I would go about transferring my 5,000 pounds of pl***...

That is the only house I have right now. I don't see the desire to get another one. What is the point? I can store everything I need here and the forge is directly next to it along with 3 vendors (2 at the Warchest - 1 across the street at Drunken Huntsman) that will buy any crap I come back with and want to sell.

That is the only house I have right now. I don't see the desire to get another one. What is the point? I can store everything I need here and the forge is directly next to it along with 3 vendors (2 at the Warchest - 1 across the street at Drunken Huntsman) that will buy any crap I come back with and want to sell.

I like Markarth I guess and I got those houses because I didn't know what to do with all my money.

theoperation

Hero of Jorvasskr
Am i the only one whos annoyed by the fact I got that little house in whiterun, then discovered you can get other houses? I want to move into my house in Markarth but not really sure how I would go about transferring my 5,000 pounds of pl***...

Well I know of at least one person who's "sworn to carry your burdens"

Well I know of at least one person who's "sworn to carry your burdens"

Hahaha! Even Lydia has her limits... Theres that and the fact I lost her....

Gowsh

Old Fart
I am almost always broke. I never sell anything I pick up (pack rat here) and even when I have materials to smith or alchemy with, I just buy them from the closest vendor rather than running back to the house in Whiterun and getting what I stored there.

Although, I don't make the same mistake of buying weapons from vendors anymore like I did in the beginning of the game.

I keep all my alchemical supplies in the chest above the bookcase in the Alchemy room in Whiterun.

It's like the only house that actually has storage in the Alchemy or Enchanting areas. In the rest you have to use other places in the house to store your mass quantities of soul gems or troll fat (yum!) or whatever. This seems deliberate on the part of the Bethesda designers. I wonder why?

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
I keep all my alchemical supplies in the chest above the bookcase in the Alchemy room in Whiterun.
I keep them in the satchel since it's easier to access as it sits on the Alchemy Lab.
It's like the only house that actually has storage in the Alchemy or Enchanting areas.
Breezehome doesn't have an Arcane Enchanter. You have to go to Dragonsreach if you want to enchant things in Whiterun.

Gowsh

Old Fart
I keep them in the satchel since it's easier to access as it sits on the Alchemy Lab.

Breezehome doesn't have an Arcane Enchanter. You have to go to Dragonsreach if you want to enchant things in Whiterun.

Yes, I do know that, thanks.

My point was that the usual bottomless containers in all the houses (end tables, wardrobes, dressers, etc.) aren't found inside the labs of the in any of the other purchasable houses. There's a barrel that's near, but not in, the labs in Solitude, an end table outside the labs in Markarth, nothing on the same floor in Riften and a couple of wardrobes outside the labs in Windhelm.

It seems like a purposeful choice by the designers, but I don't understand the reasoning. It certainly would've been more convenient.

Or am I missing something?

Yeah gold comes WAY too easy in this game, especially if you play a thief or assassin type. The only time I really had any money problems was when I made my paladin character, who never killed anyone without reason, and never stole. And that was just a matter of doing a few bounties and things in Whiterun.

Gehenna

Dazed & Confused
Yeah, on my 360 game, I spent so much time dropping literally about a hundred jewels/fragments one-by-one into the display cases in the Archmage quarters. Went out to do some questing, when I returned, the jewels were all over the floor. #FML
Read somewhere (and tried it and it seems to work) that items will stay if you do the following:
  1. drop everything you want use for decorating on the floor
  2. go to another cell
  3. return to where you were and place your items (grab, don't add to inventory)
  4. go to another cell and save your game
You should be able then to reload and go back to where you placed your items and have them stay put.