PC Dawnguard Available for PC Right Now

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
From an article at pc.gamespy.com:

Finally. The vampire-oriented expansion for Skyrim that those playing on Xbox 360 have had their hands on for the last month is finally out for PC. In a slight surprise announcement by Todd Hollenshead at QuakeCon, we were told that Dawnguard is available on Steam for $20. So get ready to suck some blood, it's time to stretch those bat wings, and return to Skyrim.

And its only been a week since the exclusive deal ended. From all the bickering on the forums it sounded like its been a month since the deal ended.

Now we'll just hear the PS3 users hating on Bethesda now. ;)

Hopefully you guys don't experience many bugs or sudden crashes like when I downloaded it when I first got it on Xbox. Maybe that's why it took a week to release on Steam.

Edit: Apparently, Bethesda is having trouble running Dawnguard on PS3.

Bethesda “Not Yet Satisfied with Dawnguard’s Performance on the PS3” - IGN

Notgnimer

Mermaid.
And its only been a week since the exclusive deal ended. From all the bickering on the forums it sounded like its been a month since the deal ended.

Now we'll just hear the PS3 users hating on Bethesda now. ;)

Hopefully you guys don't experience many bugs or sudden crashes like when I downloaded it when I first got it on Xbox. Maybe that's why it took a week to release on Steam.

Edit: Apparently, Bethesda is having trouble running Dawnguard on PS3.

Bethesda “Not Yet Satisfied with Dawnguard’s Performance on the PS3” - IGN

They aren't satisfied. Doesn't mean there are troubles running on PS3. Most likely it has to do with 1.6 and later 1.7 came out, and when 1.7 is ready PS3 will recieve Dawnguard. (PS3 and Xbox should get 1.7 at similar dates)

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
They aren't satisfied. Doesn't mean there are troubles running on PS3. Most likely it has to do with 1.6 and later 1.7 came out, and when 1.7 is ready PS3 will recieve Dawnguard. (PS3 and Xbox should get 1.7 at similar dates)
They already finished Patch 1.7 for the PS3. It's waiting for approval by Sony. I don't think the problems they are talking about have anything to do with testing without 1.7. It's no secret that the PS3 version had unique and serious issues that the PC and Xbox version didn't

Pingu

a.k.a Charlie Goodvibes
They already finished Patch 1.7 for the PS3. It's waiting for approval by Sony. I don't think the problems they are talking about have anything to do with testing without 1.7. It's no secret that the PS3 version had unique and serious issues that the PC and Xbox version didn't
This is true. The most minor adjustments and bug fixes cause major lag issues on PS3 so it requires special attention with each and every update.

SaveVsBedWet

Must be nice, cause despite trying with three different MasterCards and my AMEX as well, I can't get past the dumbazz green box and failure to initialize/process excuses to actually purchase Dawnguard. And to make matters even better, Steam support evidently could care less, because they haven't even acknowledged my trouble ticket. I guess buying the whole F.E.A.R. series and Metro 2033 via Steam within the last month or so using one of the same Mastercards was making Steam feel in fear of their lives for being beat over the head with too much of my money.

So I'll immediately ease up on the cash registers at Steam then...

SaveVsBedWet

Update :

I fixed this. To do it I went into the Steam folder and deleted everything in it except the steam executable (steam.exe) and the \steamapps subfolder. After this I started steam with the .exe, it re-downloaded all the stuff I had just deleted, I chose log into existing Steam account, and re-did the purchase. Worked like a charm.

Splendid.o_O

Ilrita

The Imperial Storm
Well, I hope they manage to fix whatever is wrong with Dawnguard for the PS3. I can't wait to be able to play! :)

But unlike a lot of people I've encountered, I hardly ever had any problems on Skyrim using the PS3. The only thing that happens every once in a while was a freeze during a loading screen. I didn't have any save issues or anything, and it only went slow for me when I was surrounded by lots of NPCs and a dragon/big animals.

Too bad I don't have a computer that can run Skyrim, though. lol

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts