Xbox 360 Dark Brotherhood won't start in Dawnguard

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

JohnDoe77

Hey Guys first post with a question

I am currently playing through Dawnguard as a Vampire.

My character is level 38 with no affiliation with any faction ie champions, thieves guild etc.

I have tried to join the dark brotherhood by killing the orphanage matron and reporting back Aventus Aretino.

I received his family heirloom without a problem and then go to sleep . I awake as normal and have tried this multiple times.

Am I missing something here? Is it NOT possible to join the Brotherhood whilst playing through Dawnguard as a Vampire?

Very Bummed…

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
Please change your font color, that is impossible to read.

The Hungry Orc

Master of the Pyre
Did you get the "We Know" note from the courier?

JohnDoe77

No Im not sure that I have. I have killed a couple of assassins with writs on them as well as dawnguards with writ as well...

As said above, you need the "We know" *handprint* note from the courier. Try fast traveling to Rorikstead. He should show up. Then you need to sleep anywhere.

The Hungry Orc

Master of the Pyre
Or any other holds. I got mine in Riften.

Game might have problem with later in the quest, were vampires can't continue, due to bugs. But it might be just standard vampire. I use PC, so I am out of this stuff.

Zatam Zar

.esrever ni ti daeR
i think i just lost my 20/20 vison trying to read that.

It always works for me when i go to bed in the riverwood inn, in fact i thought you had to go there but now that i think about it it never said that in the fine print.

JohnDoe77

Okay Awesome. Ill definitely try these tonight. I have done the DB questline multiple times but not for a while as I was waiting to do another play through with DG. Hopefully it works... Cheers