Consider me pissed, i want my money Back

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Phenom

This is why yall should have this on 360. I keep hearing about glitches from PC and PS3, but none from Xbox. The only game threatining glitch I saw was one where it deletes an entire landscape of graphics, but it's easily fixed when I fast travel.

Rathalos_lord_of_the_sky

-Bnahabra King-
This is why yall should have this on 360. I keep hearing about glitches from PC and PS3, but none from Xbox. The only game threatining glitch I saw was one where it deletes an entire landscape of graphics, but it's easily fixed when I fast travel.

like i siad before each console and pc has advantages and disadvantages none of them are without their fair share of glitches..

On a side note defending my cause i have ps3 with no glitches but my friend has the ps3 version thets full of glitches... i guess it depends on the console itself

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
....For a professional multi million dollar company who is many titles into this open world gameplay thing Skyrim feels like it would have benefitted from a bit more testing.
I think they painted themselves into a corner by using the 11-11-11 release date as a marketing gimmick. Given how often releases usually get delayed for games to ensure a certain level of quality control it wasn't a good move. Otherwise they probably would have delayed the release until at least mid-December for further testing but still in time to make the holiday shopping season and qualify for nomination for GOTY.
Better, more deeply tested game > keeping to a firm release date
From a player POV and a developer POV that makes sense, but the ultimate decisions on these kind of things are made by the business executives who don't share that point of view. By way of example the CEO of Bethesda was a career corporate lawyer by background (with a questionable business past that minimally is indicative that he certainly is capable of making really bad business decisions). I wouldn't be surprised if he's never even played a PC or console game in his life.

From their perspective they probably realized, accurately I might add, that they stood more to gain then lose by releasing the product as is. It wouldn't and isn't hurting their bottom line and getting released in time to win GOTY gives them an entire year to hype the game even more instead of having to wait until next year for the same accolade at which point it would have had significantly less marketing value. Time will dull the memories of all the bugs and glitches and most people will only remember that it was GOTY or will only have humorous memories about the bugs and glitches (kind of like how it's not funny when your kid does something like light the rug on fire at the time but years down the line you can laugh about it).

Anonylulz

Wow it sounds like PS3 is garbage. I play on xbox and I have had absolutely no problems. The only thing that kinda ticked me off is I left the building at the oculary and couldn't move the mirrors with spells so I had to reload a different auto-save, oh noooo.

I was watching my friend play oblivion on PS3 yesterday and the whole thing just kept drrrraagggiinnnng. I install the game, but I still think your systems are just having a tough time processing it compared to mine. None of my friends on xbox are having these awful game-ending glitches either.

Joelbot100

Has anyone else gotten the purity glitch from asking Vilkas for the quest before Farkas. I now can't get a follower which sucks. Does anyone got a solution? And don't say load a different save because I've tried and it doesn't work.

KC95

I have it on xbox and it isn't perfect either. I get the 'failed lookup' all the time. I had one character whose arrows would never shoot far or strong regardless of how long I held the bow. But my experience doesn't seem as bad other players experiences.

The game's greatness is also its downfall. Its very expansive at the cost of being glitch free. I don't think its fair to blame the consoles themselves, because every other game I've played perfectly for me (except the Sims 3, I'll never buy an EA game again).

Halkin

pzzzztt
Actually the GOTY IMHO, really applies to the PC version of Skyrim. And the price is more than worth it. With mods, the game never gets old. I have no idea how many playthroughs I played Fallout 3, Oblivion and Fallout New Vegas over the years before skyrim each with a different set of mods.

exactly this, i'll put money on me me still playing this game in 5 years time. its not just the game of 2011, it will be my game for years to come.

and if you want to tal about bugged games, anyone play civ 5? i reintstalled it again last week and i saw 6 or 7 game breaking bugs still even so long after release. even now on a beast of a machine a turn based strategy game tries its best to bring it to its knees

Halkin

pzzzztt
There are eqaul amounts of advantages as well as disadvantages for both consoles and computers.
Therefore niether is supierior.
And lol did anyone notice the lack of a beta for skyrim? we are the beta testers and the more we complian the more they will work to fix it.... or not give a pl*** either way im happy with skyrim and im not going to whine and complian about wasted money because it wont be long til TES 6 is out and we've all forgotten about skyrim

the only advantage of a console is price, dont be so cheap

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
1. Cannot finish the main quest. When I get ot the top of the throat of the world, talk to paaranax, open my elder scoll, the screen goes red, a dragon flies up, and 2 people beat it to death. Onc ethe dragon dies, the two keep beating it for like 45 minutes, or however long I let it run before restarting. the 3rd guy is laying on the ground dead next to another dead dragon???

GAH, same bug on the PC. Could not resolve without using console command to advance quest.

I feel your pain, this sucks.
I thought it maybe was a bug related to tweaks and mods on the PC, but it seems now it is a bug in the game itself, if it happens on XBOX/ps3 too.

:mad:

3. Cannot open certain door or activate levers in dungeons. (Doors are not barred from other side, or sealed, just a normal freaking wooden door)..

Never come across this as a bug...

4. Dragon Priest at Shearpoint will not come out of coffin.

Which Priest is that? You do not to deal with all of them to finish the main quest.

1. Paarthurnax has become immune prior to slaying him for the quest, completed the peace treaty part of Main Quest, DID NOT PROMISE GREYBEARDS I WOULD SPARE HIM! It came time to kill him however he is now immune and unkillable, aka essential. Issue: Now I can't recruit anymore Blades NPCs at Sky Haven Temple to continue the questline. Solution: Ordered a follower to begin combat, was able to kill him.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO KILL PAATHURNAX FFS!!!
You only need the Blades to get the Odaviing shout. After that you can safely abandon them and their fanaticism and continue with their main quest.

Other problems described are yet more indicators that the "open world" system does not work well with the quests, and that quest scripting is shaky as hell. When one of the crucial moments in the Main Quest (Elder Scroll Vision) fails to play through, it really makes me wonder whether Skyrim deserves all the awards.

Second playthrough: no wondering into dungeons unless sent there by a quest.
Bethesda really ought to ....ah, fluff it, no point.

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
I feel your pain, luckily for me the only two glitches that are noticeable are, the can't marry Lydia bug and she can no longer carry any of my stuff as she is over loaded.

There's a bug, in which every time you dismiss and then re-enlist a follower, they duplicate their default gear, which you can't see or access in their inventory, gradually becoming encumbered.

Try this: save game, then remove everything from her inventory, save again as a new save, go somewhere where nothing (e.g NPCs or chickens) can see you to report a crime, and tell her "It's time to part ways", wait for her to start walking, and now blast her with the Wabbajack until she transforms.
When she transforms back the extra gear in her inventory should be deleted. And she should also level up wih you when you re-enlist her.
Reload if it didn’t work out.

This info is from the UESP wiki and people who know what they're talking about on this site.

Halkin

pzzzztt
There's a bug, in which every time you dismiss and then re-enlist a follower, they duplicate their default gear, which you can't see or access in their inventory, gradually becoming encumbered.

Try this: save game, then remove everything from her inventory, save again as a new save, go somewhere where nothing (e.g NPCs or chickens) can see you to report a crime, and tell her "It's time to part ways", wait for her to start walking, and now blast her with the Wabbajack until she transforms.
When she transforms back the extra gear in her inventory should be deleted. And she should also level up wih you when you re-enlist her.
Reload if it didn’t work out.

This info is from the UESP wiki and people who know what they're talking about on this site.

just thought i'd chip in and say this does work, watched my son rid lydia of excess fat with this method

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
If theres a bright side to all this, I hear beth is gonna start fixing broken quests this month & if I were a betting man I'd say the priority would be main quest bugs, faction quest bugs, daedric quest bugs, major side quest bugs, & miscellaneous quest bugs. That would mean your issues will be solved somewhat soon.

If he were a betting man he would have lost.

This was posted in January, before the latest 2-3 patches, and the issues largely remain. I suspect the "fix" would involve major re-writing of the quest system and they're too busy counting the money.