• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

AngryMage

100% Argonian, at your service!
    This RP is based around the special individuals in Skyrim we know as vampires, & lycanthropes, and focuses on the relations between them. If the first sentence is too misleading, then no, this is not about love, and that is not what I meant by "relations". I will post by myself for now, and eventually put up an OOC thread in which people looking to join can post their character card, and wait for approval. You may put some OOC dialogue here if put in this format:

(OOC : your message here.)

Try to put as much into your posts as possible, but if you can't come up with something, then I don't blame you. It happens to me too, along with the rest of us, and even the best of us. Your character is not required to be a vampire/werewolf, but must have some history with them.

Name: Alasan
    Race: Argonian

Appearance: He looks like your average Argonian, and lacks anything to set him apart, except for his vampirism. (essentially he is a vampiric version of the default male Argonian.) He wears red, and black vampire armor, and carries his Daedric sword along with a rather dull, yet effective, Ebony dagger with him at al times.

Demeanor: He is dull. His face never shows emotion, but his body speaks clearly. He does not care about others, and would prefer to be left alone. This behavior drives off everyone around him because he likes to act like a prick, and find other people's aggravation towards him to be unreasonable.

Biography: Orphaned shortly after birth, he would be raised by foster parents. His new family had gone through plenty of oppression, and this would rub off on him as how you were supposed to act towards others, with hate and spite. Over the years he would become a cynical bastard who disrespected and disregarded everyone who he made contact with, and abandon all emotion in favor of dullness. He would speak in monotone, and never emote his inner feelings of disgust for others, though he would show his anger if harassed. He spent his time as a drifter moving from settlement to settlement daily, while desperately asking to work for money for at least one day. When no one did, he'd gather his things and leave, but never would he travel during the hours of night, for vampires roam the lands scavenging for the blood of fools who blindly wander in the shroud of darkness. Though he almost always lacked proper funds to afford a room, he would still linger around the building, but one night he was approached by an unusual man who spoke in a raspy voice. "Alasan I presume. Now I know you may be just a tad bit curious about who I am, and how I know your fine name, but be assured that my name, and purpose are not yet important. What you should be concerned about is what benefits can be reaped from what is in store for you." He was puzzled, how DID this man know his name, and what did he mean by what followed. As Alasan tried to peice toghether what this shady individual was planning, he would formulate his response quickly so that it wouldn't seem as if he was ignoring him. "Fine, I won't question who, let alone what, you are, but I am intrigued as to what the benefits you mentioned would be. You can understand that I have reason to distrust the shifty man in a dark, obscuring attire who won't reveal any detail on who he is, right?" The stranger replies quickly to what has been said. "Ah. It's good to see you are not incompetent, but sadly, I don't have a choice. I can not give anymore detail on what is to come, and you will have to test me when I say you will not regret the gift that will be bestowed upon you." Alasan is hesitant to just simply follow the orders of someone he has no knowledge on, but he can't help but be curious about the "gift" he speaks of. "I will accompany you, and while my trust is slim, I would enjoy knowing what I will get out of it. Just give me one minute, and I'll follow your lead." they would trek from Rorikstead and wander through Skyrim's wilderness for hours on end, until dawn began to creep near. Both of them entered a dim cave filled that seemed inhabited, because while there was no life to be seen there were shelves crammed with books, alchemical ingredients, and even skulls along with tables spattered with blood with rags strewn about as if some sick experiments had been preformed prior to their arrival. "We're here. Now, it's best you stay quiet and only respond when spoken to directly. One poorly chosen word from your mouth could cause something undesirable to occur. Just remember, all will be revealed shortly." He opens the large door to exhibit several pale skinned individuals either talking among each other, or committing rather heinous acts upon bodies of the dying, and deceased. Afew of the people in the room were hunched over tables like Alasan saw while they traveled through the corridors of the cave, and seemed to be consuming the blood the bodies produced like a man sized mosquito. One of them who was conversing in a group turned and slowly walked towards them."You made it, and you brought the one we asked for. Haven't lost your touch, have you?" Alasan turns to his traveling companion to see him take of his hood and display his face, he was a Dunmer with treebark brown hair, and eyes that seemed as if they were glowing. "Well, it's pretty easy to find the only Argonian in the entire town. Anyways, I think we should explain who we are before he gives himself a migraine." The Dunmer turns towards him and looks him in the eyes. "Okay look, my name is Sadril Oren, and this is Tunenre. We are vampires, and you are in our sanctum. We aren't looking to kill you, or turn you into human cattle, but offer you the chance to join us. We've monitored you for awhile now, and wish to give you the chance to take your revenhe on humanity for all they've done to you, to me, and to us all." Alasan's entire body suddenly tenses, and he legitimately looks shocked. He is unsure of it all, but he soon realizes that it's the best thing anyone has ever offered him. "I accept. I want this one chance to bring vengeance upon humanity, and I will embrace you as the family I never possessed." The elves look into his eyes, and nod. "As you wish."

Sorry if my card was a little long, but I want this to be an example of what I want to see and the dedication you should put into your character.

P.s. The next chapter of "Khira, the story of a thrall," will be out soon.

Imperialist

Name: Theodore (Ted)
    Race: Nord

Appearance: He has the appearance of a normal nord, but what sets him apart from the rest of his kind is his black Roman-Gladiator type hair ( http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR5CWS9LOeolXCs47U276MX4YD9ZG2MgLXBB_Xq5P-XXVSnijd5PmuO9taZCA ) and his unusual gift of speechcraft. He is known for persuading people to do things the average adventurer would find absolutely unbearable. He sports a full beard and two small braids hanging next to his ears.

Demeanor: He looks reasonable, but when a conversation is brought up he is to the point. He can be short, or he can use his speech and surprise you. He makes a great partner in combat and can show a look that only the bravest of warriors can withstand.

Biography: Theodore was born under the poor setting of Windhelm. His mother was a trader who traveled all of Tamriel to find good trade. She always had a reason to be away, even if the reason was always the same: "A wise trader must go where a wise trade is to be made. Remember this always Teddy, for one day it will be you who takes over."

Theodore, however, never liked the idea of becoming a trader, at least not in any area of Skyrim. He had seen too much death, heard too much screaming, felt too much pain, and smelt too much rot. By the age of eleven he had already killed a boy. The reason? For stealing a small ration of bread off of his plate.

His father on the other hand, was a trusty warrior in the stormcloak rebellion. He sported the same hair that Theodore did now, and his presence was more fearful then imaginable at the time. He had worked his way up until reaching the side of the stormcloak leader. He had served under three of them, and was killed when Theo was fifteen. This left him all by himself, with his mother who knows where, and any relatives across the features of Skyrim.

He was sent to an orphanage, but ran away shortly after arriving. Ever since then, he's been a lone soldier, with a blade and a shield. He uses the trading skills he learned from his mother, and the combat skills he learned from his father to survive in the tough times of Skyrim.

It wasn't until he joined the Bard's college in Solitude that improved his speech, and met a fellow vampire. It was odd to see one inside of a city, let alone a college, let alone the bard's college. But Theodore managed to seek friendship, and found it. It was at a price though, and after meeting the untrustworthy friends of this vampire, he decided this wasn't the life for him, and his mother ought've teached him a bit more.

Ever since leaving the bard's college, and the sight of the vampire, he's been looking for a new partner.

AngryMage

(OOC: I like the amount of detail you put into your character. I'll post after I'm finished mowing my lawn. Please wait 'till then to reply.)

AngryMage

(OOC: Sorry for taking so long. I had a pretty busy day.)

It has been fifteen years since the formation of the Dawnguard, and supposed extinction of vampires. People sleep contently believing that they are safe from a vampire's bite, but unbeknownst to them, these nighttime predators still roam in large quantities. They've just taken to hiding in sanctuaries hidden within far off caves, and even in plain view of everyone. For inside of the hold known as Markarth, one such vampire makes his living among the clueless.

It was five in the morning, a time in which most citizens would be asleep, but Alasan always takes this time to enjoy feeding of the the common folk. "Aaah. While I may despise every last one of these ignorant simpletons, I appreciate how they don't seem find the marks left by my fangs to be the least bit suspicious. It almost makes me want to experience that emotion they call "joy"." He slowly backs away from his victim while crouching stealthily, and leaves the room to move on to his next meal. Before he can lock pick the door to the adjacent room, he hears someone approaching from around the corner, so he stands, and pulls his hood over his head. The innkeeper had come, because he thought he had heard someone a minute ago. "Don't worry, I was just talking to myself. I was thinking if I should consider buying a steed before I leave tomorrow. Now, Kleppr, get some rest, I you can't run an inn if you're passed out on the counter." Knowing that Alasan does tend to be the first to wake, he doesn't why he is standing, but there are more questions on his mind. "You're right. I do need to finish resting up, but I want to know where you are going off to. You never seem to tell anyone, and I can't help but think you have been hiding something." Alasan knows it would be unwise to reveal the location of the sanctuary, but he does have a way of altering the truth. "Oh, how rude of me to leave you in the dark. I have a friend who live out in the wilderness, and he is having a small gathering in which I must attend. I do apologize for my shady behavior, I am always so busy preparing that I keep failing to remember to inform you. I hope this clears up any confusion you possessed." After Kleppr heads back to sleep for the next few hours, Alasan leaves the inn, and makes his way to the stables. He stands idly by, waiting for morning so he may leave to unite with his "family".

Imperialist

(OOC: It's fine, been killing time by working on a build on skyrim :D)

Theodore proceeded carefully down the tough terrain that was the mountain side, north east of Markarth. He had just passed a forsworn bandit camp that hosted no more then twenty members. All draped in fur and the headsets of the local game that wandered the wilderness. He had decided against taking any action due to the the fact that he was outnumbered a considerable amount. That, and he had met up with the Forsworn once before.

They were the type to attack on site, to kill anyone who doesn't present the same beliefs or look like they belong. So he had just simply moved on. Past the mountains, towards the stronghold that was the legendary Markarth.

Markarth was one of the safest holds in all of Skyrim, some would even argue that not even a dragon could penetrate it's wall, even with a little bit of luck. All Theodore really knew about Markarth was it's vast supply of silver and gold. It was the blood of the hold, what flowed through it.

So as Theodore approached the misty grounds that belonged to Markarth, several different attractions caught his eye's. One was a small setting of a settlement? Or was it a mining camp? The other was a farming settlement occupied by at least five different farmers. The last was the stables near the far end, where there appeared to be a figure standing as still as the statue of Talos.

AngryMage

(OOC: Hmmm. Post again, I want to see what you do next.)

Imperialist

(OOC: Okay)

Theodore observed the scene with a carefulness equal to that of earlier nearby the forsworn camp, and proceeded on forward towards the main entrance to Markarth. He knew that to make it to the entrance he'd have to cross all of these destinations, so he made a note in his mind to closer observe them.

Nowadays, for Theodore it was all about surviving. He had no family, no friends and he himself was all he ever need worry about. It was easier, but not easy. It was lonely but not that lonely. Not with everybody traveling Skyrim these days. These things made Theodore observe his surroundings more, for either something to do or for something he might need.

He traveled until reaching the stables, where he stood no less then ten yards away from the Argonian. At first sight it was apparent that he was a fierce fellow. He lacked emotion and didn't show his acknowledgment of his presence.

AngryMage

Alasan was zoned out, and completely concentrated on his unpredictable thoughts though he snaps out of it when he notices the Nord nearby him, watching him. He continues looking forwards while observing this man from the corner of his eye. First, he notices this man is obviously a vampire himself, though he's never seen this induvial while with his siblings in darkness, though he may make a fine addition. Alasan continues to pretend that he doesn't notice the stranger until he looks away, then he finally decides to acknowledge him. "So, who are you, and what's your story? Don't be shy, were a lot alike you know."

(OOC: I couldn't think of how to make this longer, but then again I'll probably think up a way after I post this.)

Imperialist

At first, Theodore was tooken back by the sudden chilling voice of the aragonian. He managed to regain his composure and smiled.

"Name's Ted or Theo." He replied, keeping an equally calm voice. "Shy is not in my nature, unfortunately. I'm just a traveler, seeking food and entertainment wherever I can find it."

The fact that he was not shy led him into unwanted trouble too many times in his life. Because he's not shy, he is willing to get dirty, because he's shy he's willing to go further then most others would.

AngryMage

Alasan doesn't respond for a good twenty seconds, he was sizing up Theo according to how he spoke and acted, then replied. "I don't mean to offend of course. I was just implying that we are the same, I can tell what you are. I'm suprised you didn't notice the same when you stared at me. Well, this hood does obscure my face quite well, so I can understand." He promptly lowers his hood, and the setting moon's glow shines of his fangs. "Like I said, we are the same, you and I. Now, could you tell me more about yourself?" His eyes establish direct, unbroken contact with Theo's eyes, and he crosses his arms as he waits for an answer.

Imperialist

Theo stood still, taking in the words of the Argonian. It wasn't until he took the hood off did he see what the situation was. "Hmmph." He murmured as a small smile spread across his face. "To be perfectly honest with you, Argonian, I don't prefer to dwell within the company of our own kind. Its not done good for me throughout my life, and I don't suppose it ever will."

Theo knew the consequences of social interaction with his own kind. Even though he had been born like this, he had never quite adjusted to the feel of it.

AngryMage

"While I would ask about why you feel that, you did not answer my question. So, would you kindly answer it." It's obvious Alasan is agitated, he has his hand in an odd position next to his face and his teeth are visibly showing. He prefers to get answers, and gets awfully peeved at those who don't cooperate.

Imperialist

Theo shook his head as he saw the frustration in the air. "I don't like having someone ask questions about my personal life, and what I'm doing with it. All I cans say is that I am a traveler, and am merely looking for food and entertainment. Anything else that I encounter is unwanted attention, sort of how this encounter is turning out to be. My past is like any others."

Theo didn't mind seeing the Argonian in a agitated state. He thought it best not to reveal everything, and he had thought that he had explained himself well enough.

AngryMage

Asalan was completely silent, he did'nt make a single sound, but while he was vocally silent he was holding a heated debate within. {Honestly I've had enough. This damn Nord is insufferable! I would just impale him on my sword, but that would be idiotic. I don't know how strong he really is. I think I'll just leave for the sanctuary, and forget about him, because I swear he is worse than all the ignorant people here!} After a minute of grinding his teeth in annoyance, he finally decides to just let it go, and make off to the meeting. "I would continue talking, but I have to leave." He says it in a calm voice, but the cold, dead look he gives Theo as he says it implies he is still quite agitated.

Imperialist

"Now if you are thinking of attacking me with a look such as the one on your face, I would advise you to be careful. You never know who has self control and who doesn't." Theo said immediately after he saw the look on the argonians face. Theo himself wasn't going to attack the argonian, he knew his chances of winning were not worth taking a risk for. Especially in front of Markarth.

"You ever been inside Markarth prison? People like you would fit in well as a guard. You have the mentality . . . and the look." He said, trying to turn the conversation to a more friendly air.

AngryMage

(Sorry for the long hiatus. Please don't think that I quit, and sorry if it seems like I am trying to force you into something.)

Alasan stops, and waits for a little while. He then turns back around to face the Nord. "Yeah. In fact, I was a guard one, but I left once the other guards started to notice my fang marks on prisoners. Look, this is uncommon of me, but I apologize for how I acted." Though, like always, he is emotionless it is easy to tell he is being sincere. "Don't take this as a sign of weakness. I have slain more people in my days than you would think. All I want to know is why you avoid others like us. You interest me to be honest."