Spoiler Best & Worst Character of Skyrim !

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
I also feel that General Tullius could have a better story, if I had to choose I would pick Legate Rikke to run things in Skyrim instead of him. I just do not see his genius.

Rikke does run things in Skyrim. "The General's put me in charge of assisting the new governments. I may understand things here in Skyrim better than the General, but I'm a soldier at heart, not a politician. But I'll do my best. This is the land of my birth, the land that shaped me. I'm proud to have any part in making it strong again." - Legate Rikke

Tullius must be something of a Military genius if he was sent from Cyrodiil by the request of the Emperor himself.

I find the best character to be Tullius (Naturally) He's a man in a new land just like me, he doesn't understand Nordic ways and seems like the most down to earth character I've met, everyone else is always on about Nord traditions and true Nordic ways. I'm a Cyrodiil man at heart.

The worst character I think would have to be Lord Harkon, I found him poorly done and the Vampire side of Dawnguard seemed rather unfinished, you're good buddies with him, get his bow and crap, come back and it's "You have betrayed me" You didn't get to see that downfall of your relationship with him, the distrust and paranoia. It is quite sad because he could of been one of the most interesting characters.

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
Weeeeeell, his insistence on "songs" is a little more than telling to say the least ;) !
I'm not sure I understand what you're implying. That his love of a good story makes him evil? I hope that's not what you meant, because that is rather ridiculous. By that logic, I, too—along with many people here, I would wager—would be evil.

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
I think the quest in the dwemer ruin with the Synod guys was quite good too, there's some nice rewards in the mages questline, in the companions theres nothing of note, bar the werewolf thing. Shield of ysgramor is a crap version of a shield you could make yourself with a little enchanting, Nord hero weapons are not great and the bow is bugged.
compare this to the other 3 questlines rewards.

Nocte Aeterna

Sir Not-Appearing-in-This-Film
My Hall of Fame:
Hold Guards
General Tullius
Sheogorath
Nurelion
Festus Krex
Delvin Mallory
Nazir
Vex
Razelan
Madanach

My Hall of Shame:
Nazeem
Grelka
Sigurd
Ancano
Elenwen
Delphine
Maul
Jaree-Ra
Bandit dialogue

feliciano182

I'm not sure I understand what you're implying. That his love of a good story makes him evil? I hope that's not what you meant, because that is rather ridiculous. By that logic, I, too—along with many people here, I would wager—would be evil.

I never said he was "evil", though the Markarth Incident could claim otherwise.

Regardless, his desire for "songs" at the end of both questlines implies that he is waging a war for egotistical reasons, to nurture his own image and to turn himself into legend rather than to help Skyrim and it's people, this, coupled with his dismissal of the moot at several points in the questline, serves as good foundation to those who claim he wants nothing but to be High King *raises hand*

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
Regardless, his desire for "songs" at the end of both questlines implies that he is waging a war for egotistical reasons, to nurture his own image and to turn himself into legend rather than to help Skyrim and it's people ...
I very much disagree that this implies he's waging war for egotistical reasons. But, yes, I think his desire to make a dramatic end to the war is so that it, and he himself, will be remembered. Men die, but their name lives on; to want that, to want to not have lived and died in vain, doesn't mean a man is selfish or egotistical. I believe Ulfric wants to be remembered as a man who challenged a corrupt and dying Empire and who launched a revolution, to remind those who come later that they need not sit back and allow the Empire or the Dominion to rule over them, but that they can rule themselves. But, then, I also believe that his intentions are good. I suppose you can't take one side without also taking the other.

feliciano182

I very much disagree that this implies he's waging war for egotistical reasons. But, yes, I think his desire to make a dramatic end to the war is so that it, and he himself, will be remembered. Men die, but their name lives on; to want that, to want to not have lived and died in vain, doesn't mean a man is selfish or egotistical.

It actually does, if he was as selfless as he claims to be, then he wouldn't care about how his name goes down in history, since his cause and his actions would speak by themselves, great men have always been great men because of that, not because they've tried to embellish their own accomplishments.

Hell, even Galmar berates him at the end of the Stormcloak Questline for wanting a "better song", GALMAR ! Ulfric's #1 fanboy of all people !

I believe Ulfric wants to be remembered as a man who challenged a corrupt and dying Empire and who launched a revolution, to remind those who come later that they need not sit back and allow the Empire or the Dominion to rule over them, but that they can rule themselves. But, then, I also believe that his intentions are good. I suppose you can't take one side without also taking the other.

Ulfric is a fantastic character, but if he was a real person, he would be a pretty deplorable individual.

He executed innocents after The Markarth Incident, he murdered the High King of Skyrim, waged war against a proxy "strawmanized" enemy, violently threatened and bullied a neutral hold into siding with him, summarily executed a general who had surrendered, and then replaced every single Jarl so as to make sure that the moot would choose him for High King.

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
He executed innocents after The Markarth Incident
He supposedly executed innocents after the Markarth Incident. Though I can't recall names at the moment, there are a few people in-game who mention that the reports of what happened in Markarth vary and that what's written in the book The Bear of Markarth was largely exaggerated. I'm not saying he didn't do those things. I'm saying that we don't know for certain whether he did or didn't.

he murdered the High King of Skyrim
He challenged the High King of Skyrim to single combat, an accepted Nord tradition. Torygg was not murdered; he lost the duel to the better man. Rather than abide by tradition and give the victor, Ulfric, the throne he rightfully won, the rest of Solitude's court branded him a criminal.

violently threatened and bullied a neutral hold into siding with him
I'm assuming you mean Whiterun. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't recall a single mention of Ulfric threatening or bullying Balgruuf. He asked Balgruuf to align with him against the Empire, a number of times, but took no action while Balgruuf remained neutral. When Balgruuf finally declared for the Empire, he became Ulfric's enemy, and Ulfric responded by attempting to take the city by force. That isn't a threat, nor was it bullying. It was war.

summarily executed a general who had surrendered
A common Nord saying is "Victory or Sovngarde," which says a lot about how Nords feel about surrendering. Ulfric and Galmar's comments before killing Tullius also speak volumes; Ulfric says, "The Empire I remember would never surrender," and Galmar adds, "That Empire is dead. And so are you." Nords don't surrender; it isn't their way. Ulfric certainly doesn't, if you side with the Empire. Nor does Legate Rikke, if you side with the Stormcloaks, even though Ulfric is more than willing to let her leave unharmed. But Tullius just gives up and willfully accepts his defeat. I don't think Ulfric, or any Nord warrior, would have any respect for that sort of behavior. I can see him thinking that executing Tullius right then and there was no more than a coward deserved.

It's also worth noting that Ulfric allowed Elisif, the only other person with a claim to the throne, to not only live, but to remain in power as Jarl of Solitude (granted, of course, she swear fealty to him). That's a little odd for a man who supposedly kills innocents and only cares about snatching the throne for himself, don't you think?

and then replaced every single Jarl so as to make sure that the moot would choose him for High King.
And what do you think he should do instead? Take a city, depose its current Empire-aligned Jarl, and seat another Empire-aligned Jarl on its throne to vote for Elisif, whom Ulfric believes to be another of the Empire's puppets as surely as Torygg had been? They'd be right back at square one, and the entire war would've fought for nothing. Giving your enemy the power and means to overthrow you is a pretty idiotic move when you're fighting a war.

If you side with the Empire and retake the Rift, the Pale, and Winterhold, who does Tullius replace their current Jarls with? In the Rift it's Maven Black-Briar, who admittedly supports the Thalmor. In the Pale it's Brina Merilis, a former Legate in the legion and who still supports the Empire. And in Winterhold it's Kraldar, who doesn't seem to have much of a personality to begin with, so we can't know where his loyalty truly lies, but he doesn't exactly go running to Ulfric to swear him fealty, so we can say with some confidence that he supports the Empire. So, why, exactly, is Ulfric's choices of replacement Jarls in question for serving his purposes when Tullius's choices serve his own just as much?

feliciano182

He supposedly executed innocents after the Markarth Incident. Though I can't recall names at the moment, there are a few people in-game who mention that the reports of what happened in Markarth vary and that what's written in the book The Bear of Markarth was largely exaggerated. I'm not saying he didn't do those things. I'm saying that we don't know for certain whether he did or didn't.

There's really no supposedly, The Bear Of Markarth reports that Ulfric ordered the execution of the people who didn't join the effort to remove the reachmen from Markarth, this is stated as factual content within the lore of the game, and there's really no evidence to support the claim that Ulfric didn't do otherwise.

Aside from that, it is quite telling of Ulfric that he would think Talos Worshipping to be so important that he would go to extreme lengths to prevent other people from worshipping their own gods as well, a true nord with a true double standard.

He challenged the High King of Skyrim to single combat, an accepted Nord tradition. Torygg was not murdered; he lost the duel to the better man. Rather than abide by tradition and give the victor, Ulfric, the throne he rightfully won, the rest of Solitude's court branded him a criminal.

First, tradition is not law.

Second, Ulfric admits that he entered the court not with the purpose of demonstrating he was the better warrior, the most honorable nord, or the worthy High King, but to kill Torygg, that's called "malicious intent", and that's precisely what separates murder from any other type of killing.

And third, you don't enter a knife fight with a gun, if you want to prove you are the better warrior and the better ruler (an absurd notion for starters, as if good kings automatically were good fighters) then you fight this person and demonstrate your prowess in fair combat, killing someone by shouting them away is not fair combat.

I'm assuming you mean Whiterun. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't recall a single mention of Ulfric threatening or bullying Balgruuf.

He refuses Balgruuf's claim for neutrality in the war, no matter the questline, Ulfric implicitly gives him, and all the other jarls, a single ultimatum:

"Join me or die"

Ulfric could perfectly bypass Whiterun and attack the other imperial holds, if he truly believes the majority of the jarls will elect him in the moot, then Balgruuf should posess no issue to him, unfortunately the reality is different, if Balgruuf dissagrees at the moot, Ulfric's claim for High King is at risk, that's why he has to remove Whiterun from Balgruuf's control.

He asked Balgruuf to align with him against the Empire, a number of times, but took no action while Balgruuf remained neutral. When Balgruuf finally declared for the Empire, he became Ulfric's enemy, and Ulfric responded by attempting to take the city by force. That isn't a threat, nor was it bullying. It was war.

He did, he invaded his city without any reason nor provocation after threatening him to join his cause, this is a behavior you never see from Tullius or Rikke, but of course, none of the latter are ambitiously seeking the position of High King.

A common Nord saying is "Victory or Sovngarde," which says a lot about how Nords feel about surrendering. Ulfric and Galmar's comments before killing Tullius also speak volumes; Ulfric says, "The Empire I remember would never surrender," and Galmar adds, "That Empire is dead. And so are you." Nords don't surrender; it isn't their way.

First, Tullius was not a nord, and he had surrendered, or is it the way of nords to also impose their morality on others ? Would you like it if you surrendered and somebody deemed you a coward and cut your head off ?

Second, those comments from Ulfric and Galmar are funny, considering how Ulfric explicitly says at one point (if you do the Dark Brotherhood and Stormcloak questlines together) that he cannot risk a war with The Empire if he dares to kill Titus Mede II, funny, I thought the Empire was weak.

It's also worth noting that Ulfric allowed Elisif, the only other person with a claim to the throne, to not only live, but to remain in power as Jarl of Solitude (granted, of course, she swear fealty to him). That's a little odd for a man who supposedly kills innocents and only cares about snatching the throne for himself, don't you think?

It's a political maneuver, if he kills Elisif then he further loses any hope of support he might gain from those who sided with The Empire, by letting her live he can use her to channel more support to his claim.

And what do you think he should do instead? Take a city, depose its current Empire-aligned Jarl, and seat another Empire-aligned Jarl on its throne to vote for Elisif, whom Ulfric believes to be another of the Empire's puppets as surely as Torygg had been? They'd be right back at square one, and the entire war would've fought for nothing. Giving your enemy the power and means to overthrow you is a pretty idiotic move when you're fighting a war.

At the very least he shouldn't talk about the traditions of Skyrim if he's going to dismiss them when it suits him, the reality of the matter is that the moot is going to pick him no matter what, because he has made sure of that by killing almost everyone that could threaten his position, if he actually was selfless, then perhaps he could've let Whiterun have neutrality, and when the moot came, he could've sit back and perhaps even risk losing to Balgruuf, Skyrim would've still been free nonetheless.

So, why, exactly, is Ulfric's choices of replacement Jarls in question for serving his purposes when Tullius's choices serve his own just as much?

Because Tullius is not demanding for a moot, he does not aspire to become High King, he is removing the Jarls who have sided with a traitor.

sticky runes

I like lots of NPCs.

My favourite jarl is Idgrod Ravencrone, because she's got a bit of witchyness about her, and I find her family quite interesting as well.

As a follower, I particularly like Erandur, because of the things he says relating to each area you take him to.

Feandal is very cool because he kicks a lot of ass and we can get him early in the game, and he makes a good steward. It's always nice to hear someone talking about how nice the trees are!

I also like Roggi Knotbeard with his infatuation with meaderies, he always seems so jovial, and likes to compliment me on my "fine looks"!. I wish they didn't make him into one of those civilian types, though. He's a shield bearer who likes a bit of adventure, so you'd think he'd be a bit more kickass.

Farkas is my favourite Companion because he's the only one who doesn't treat me like a fuzzy kitten when I first arrive at Jorvaskr.

Waylindriah makes me laugh with all her musings on magical experiments, and i love reading that note she receives from the college!

My least favourite would have to be Serana. Yes, she kicks ass with her necromancy and destruction skills, but she's annoying. She doesn't stand still when I'm talking to people, she has to fiddle with everything. And we spend way too much time with her. Being forced with a partner takes the freedom out of RPGs, and it means in future when I do those quests to get the bow, I won't be able to take a different partner with me, it'll have to be Serana, so it also decreases replay value. OK for people who don't mind having a cute vampire princess joined to the hip for a whole bunch of quests, but what about those of us who'd rather have some hunk following us around??

Adam Belmont

Best:
Kodlak
Eorlund Gray-Mane
Adrianne Avenicci
The brothers Farkas and Vilkas
Tolfdir

Worst:
Ancano
Karliah
Maven Black-Briar

feliciano182

My least favourite would have to be Serana. Yes, she kicks ass with her necromancy and destruction skills, but she's annoying. She doesn't stand still when I'm talking to people, she has to fiddle with everything. And we spend way too much time with her. Being forced with a partner takes the freedom out of RPGs, and it means in future when I do those quests to get the bow, I won't be able to take a different partner with me, it'll have to be Serana, so it also decreases replay value. OK for people who don't mind having a cute vampire princess joined to the hip for a whole bunch of quests, but what about those of us who'd rather have some hunk following us around??

This is impressive ! Usually I only hear nothing but love for her.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
God Dam Please don't argue ideological BS. lol Focus and don't argue points that should be reserves for the black hole. Imperials or Stormcloaks....

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
There's really no supposedly, The Bear Of Markarth reports that Ulfric ordered the execution of the people who didn't join the effort to remove the reachmen from Markarth, this is stated as factual content within the lore of the game, and there's really no evidence to support the claim that Ulfric didn't do otherwise.
The Bible reports that the world was created in seven days, that the first woman was grown from the first man's rib, that Moses magically parted a sea, and that God committed a mass genocide of every human being on Earth except for Noah and his family by flooding the world for a year. Do you believe all of that is true, too?

Not everything reported in a book is 100% accurate.

The Markarth Incident did, obviously, happen. Forsworn were captured and killed; that much can be taken as fact. Ulfric was clearly involved. But The Bear of Markarth is the only piece of evidence against Ulfric's supposed merciless massacre of innocent men, women, and children. Jarl Igmund doesn't say anything of the sort when you speak to him about the Markarth Incident. Neither does Madanach, in Cidhna Mine, strangely enough; he was the leader of the Forsworn in the Reach at that time, after all, so you'd think that he might have something to say about Ulfric's brutal execution of his people. But nope, not a word.

It's also interesting how Ulfric behaves after capturing holds and cities throughout the civil war... which is to say, not at all like The Bear of Markarth accuses him of behaving after retaking the Reach. After winning the battle for Whiterun, does he put all citizens who didn't fight for him to the sword? No; the staunch Imperial-supporting Battle-Borns remain in the city, as does the Imperial smith Adrianne Avenicci, and everyone else, Nord and non-Nord alike. Does he order the execution of the Jarl that sided with the Empire, his children, his steward, his housecarl? No, he allows them to be peacefully moved to the Blue Palace in Solitude. The same goes for all of the other Jarls and their families and courts in other holds that the Stormcloaks take control of. This is factual, as we are a witness to it happening, and it characterizes Ulfric in an entirely different manner than the questionable reports in The Bear of Markarth do. I'm more inclined to believe what I see than what some potentially biased person writes in a book that isn't backed up by any other secondary source. But that's just me.

Still, it's possible that Ulfric did do all those horrible things in Markarth. I'm not denying that. But, even if he did, his motive was not necessarily rage and bloodlust and sadistic cruelty. He was, after all, hired by the Jarl of Markarth to retake the Reach; isn't it possible that the Jarl also gave him the order to kill anyone who didn't take up arms to help? Or perhaps Ulfric had gone off the deep end after all he suffered in the Great War, killed innocents in an incident of post-traumatic stress dissociation, and later deeply regretted his actions. Or maybe the supposed innocents weren't so innocent after all; most of what we see of and hear from the Forsworn indicate that they themselves are brutal and indiscriminate killers. I don't think it's completely out of question that even the sweet little old ladies could have risen up against the militia—just look at Nana Ildene.

Second, Ulfric admits that he entered the court not with the purpose of demonstrating he was the better warrior, the most honorable nord, or the worthy High King, but to kill Torygg, that's called "malicious intent", and that's precisely what separates murder from any other type of killing.
Do you think Ulfric should have strode into the Blue Palace and challenged Torygg to a game of chess? Of course he went in with the intent to kill him. That's what single combat means. That's the goal of challenging a High King for the right to rule. If he'd snuck into the keep and stabbed Torygg in the back with a dagger, then you could say that it was murder. But it wasn't murder. Ulfric declared his intent, and Torygg accepted knowing that he could (and likely would) very well be killed.

And third, you don't enter a knife fight with a gun, if you want to prove you are the better warrior and the better ruler (an absurd notion for starters, as if good kings automatically were good fighters) then you fight this person and demonstrate your prowess in fair combat, killing someone by shouting them away is not fair combat.
If Ulfric had been born with the natural ability to use the Thu'um, I would agree with you. But he spent ten years learning how to Shout—something any Nord could choose to do. It's a learned skill, just as much as swordsmanship or pyromancy is. You don't go into a fight with a handicap so you're at the same level with your opponent's skills and abilities. If Torygg didn't know how to use a sword, what then? Would you expect Ulfric to throw down his weapons and just use his fists? And if Torygg did have much strength in his arms, should Ulfric resort to slapping him a few times across the face instead of throwing punches? You know, just to ensure that he wasn't entering a knife fight with a gun, as you put it.

This may be splitting hairs, but I should also say that Ulfric did not, in fact, "Shout him away," despite most guards gossipping as such. According to Ulfric, it was his sword that killed Torygg, not his Thu'um, and Elisif or Sybille Stentor (I can't recall who at the moment) corroborates the claim. You might say he still, in essence, used a Shout to kill Torygg as it did certainly aid in Ulfric's victory, but I think of it as just one of many ways to gain the upper hand in a fight. If you're fighting outdoors, you might maneuver your opponent to face the sun to limit his visibility. You might choose to wear light armor versus heavy armor to give yourself the advantage of speed, or to be able to stretch the battle out until your opponent, carrying around all that heavy steel, gets tired and can't block you as effectively. You might use a spear instead of a sword for the advantage of reach, or a mace instead of a sword to better bash your opponent's skull in. How are any of these choices different from using a Shout to get the advantage? Because Torygg didn't have the luxury of using Shouts, too? Please refer to my last paragraph.

He refuses He refuses Balgruuf's claim for neutrality in the war, no matter the questline, Ulfric implicitly gives him, and all the other jarls, a single ultimatum:

"Join me or die"
Are you sure you're not thinking of Darth Vader? I'm pretty sure he's used that line...

I can't recall Ulfric ever speaking those words, but if he did, I stand corrected. Ulfric threatened Balgruuf. Fine. But, clearly, it was an empty threat, because Ulfric makes no move to attack Whiterun while Balgruuf is still deciding where his allegiance will lie. I'm not inclined to believe that Balgruuf took such a threat seriously, anyway, since, when you take him Ulfric's axe, he laughs as though he's rather amused by it all, and says, "The man is persistent, I'll give him that. I suppose it's time I gave him an answer." If he really believed Ulfric's "Join me or die" threat, I doubt he would be so flippant and casual about the situation. In any case, Ulfric leaves Balgruuf and Whiterun alone as long as Balgruuf remains neutral; it's only after Balgruuf declares for the Empire that Ulfric moves to take the city. So, no, Ulfric didn't refuse Balgruuf's claim for neutrality; he responded to Balgruuf's declaration for the Empire.

Ulfric could perfectly bypass Whiterun and attack the other imperial holds
I suspect you've never played the civil war on the side of the Stormcloaks. If you had, you would have heard Ulfric make several statements about the importance of having Whiterun: "Things hinge on Whiterun," "Whiterun is only a means to an end," and after taking the city, "We now control the center. It's a powerful position." Simply put, Whiterun is prosperous, influential, and the most strategically located city in Skyrim. To bypass it, especially after Balgruuf declares for the Empire, would be a downright idiotic move.

He did, he invaded his city without any reason nor provocation after threatening him to join his cause, this is a behavior you never see from Tullius
He invaded his city with reason and provocation: Balgruuf declared for the Empire, thus becoming an open enemy to the rebellion.

And no, you won't see Tullius storming Whiterun's gates, but you will see him ordering Rikke to "embellish" details of Ulfric's plans to Balgruuf in order to manipulate Balgruuf into allowing the legion into his city, and make him think it was his own idea to do so. That is much more honorable.

First, Tullius was not a nord, and he had surrendered, or is it the way of nords to also impose their morality on others ?
Treating a person in a way that follows your own moral code does not equal imposing your moral code onto others. On the contrary, setting aside your own moral code in order to appease that of someone else's is, in a way, allowing that someone else to impose their morality on you. If you expect Ulfric to treat Tullius based on what Tullius believes, then Tullius should in turn treat Ulfric based on what Ulfric believes... and that certainly doesn't happen, does it?

Second, those comments from Ulfric and Galmar are funny, considering how Ulfric explicitly says at one point (if you do the Dark Brotherhood and Stormcloak questlines together) that he cannot risk a war with The Empire if he dares to kill Titus Mede II, funny, I thought the Empire was weak.
He's not hesitant to go to war with the Empire because he fears the Empire. He's hesitant to waste time and resources on a war with the Empire when the real threat is the Aldmeri Dominion, with whom he expects to soon be at war once Skyrim secedes from the Empire.

It's a political maneuver, if he kills Elisif then he further loses any hope of support he might gain from those who sided with The Empire, by letting her live he can use her to channel more support to his claim.
He killed the High King while the Empire still controlled Skyrim but is worried about what killing Elisif might do to his political position after driving the Empire out of the province and securing the control and support of every single hold? Right.

the reality of the matter is that the moot is going to pick him no matter what, because he has made sure of that by killing almost everyone that could threaten his position
Will the Moot vote for Ulfric to be High King? Yes, most likely. But as I said before, what would be the point of fighting for control of a country but then not putting your own people into power? But he certainly didn't kill everyone that could threaten his position. He didn't kill Elisif. He didn't kill Balgruuf. He didn't kill any of the other Empire-aligned Jarls he deposed. Really, the only person he who might have threatened his position that he did kill was General Tullius.

if he actually was selfless, then perhaps he could've let Whiterun have neutrality, and when the moot came, he could've sit back and perhaps even risk losing to Balgruuf, Skyrim would've still been free nonetheless.
I never said that Ulfric was selfless. Does he want to be High King? Obviously. Why would he have challenged Torygg for the title of High King if he didn't want that title?

And in what world do you see a free Skyrim with Balgruuf sitting on the throne? Balgruuf, who had sworn fealty to the Empire and who believes that Skyrim should remain a part of her? What makes you think that, should he become High King in Ulfric's stead, he wouldn't call the legion back in to retake Skyrim? Certainly not out of fear that Ulfric would just kill him, too, because as High King, Balgruuf could very easily have Ulfric arrested and perhaps even executed for treason, thus removing that threat entirely, and opening the doors to allow the Empire back in unimpeded.

Because Tullius is not demanding for a moot, he does not aspire to become High King, he is removing the Jarls who have sided with a traitor.
Of course Tullius isn't demanding a moot; he's not the one challenging the leadership of Skyrim. I'm sure he'd be perfectly content to sit back and let the Empire seat whoever best suits their purposes on Skyrim's throne, as they've done for decades. And of course Tullius doesn't aspire to become High King; he isn't a Nord and he doesn't live in Skyrim. What does any of that have to do with it?

He's removing Jarls who have sided with a traitor, and Ulfric is removing Jarls who have sided with what he believes to be a corrupt Empire who has by and large abandoned Skyrim and her people. They are both doing what they think is right, and they are both making choices that serve their own purposes. There's no difference.

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
This debate has only proven my point about why Ulfric is my favorite character: he's firmly seated in a morally gray area, with no solid answer as to whether he's after Skyrim's throne because he's selfish and power-hungry or because he wants to save Skyrim and her people from a crumbling Empire. Everything about him can be interpreted in a dozen different ways, none of which are right or wrong. It's all a matter of opinion, and opinions vary wildly from person to person. The character engenders discussion, debate, emotion, and thought. That is the mark of a well-developed and well-written character, and that is the reason Ulfric is my favorite.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
M'Lady please. Allow this to get back on track. I do enjoy your arguments because they are marvelous. But please do not make this another thread to be ruled by trolls who can cause an argument by saying "Worst: Ulfric" or "Worst: Tulius" This is an opinion thread. about characters not the civil war. Honestly I love your arguments. But serius let this get back on track

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
M'Lady please. Allow this to get back on track. I do enjoy your arguments because they are marvelous. But please do not make this another thread to be ruled by trolls who can cause an argument by saying "Worst: Ulfric" or "Worst: Tulius" This is an opinion thread. about characters not the civil war. Honestly I love your arguments. But serius let this get back on track
I'm not debating the civil war. I'm sharing and defending my opinions about one particular character. As you say, this is an opinion thread about characters. How, then, am I steering it off track?

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
I'm not debating the civil war. I'm sharing and defending my opinions about one particular character. As you say, this is an opinion thread about characters. How, then, am I steering it off track?
I worded that oddly. But point is why do you have to prove why his is your favorite character? I mean he is a proven Imperial supporter... so it seems 'moot' (see what I did there xD ) anyway. IDK honesty you aren't steering it off track as much as dominating the thread where I can't really see who everyone's favorite characters are. So I did misspeak so I apologize. The point is you write to well and my little brain can barely digest it :D

Skulli

Is that fur coming out of your ears?
The worse character in the game.

ME

I will betray you, I will lie to you, I will slaughter my most devout followers.

I am the Harbinger, the Listener, the Arch Mage, an Imperial Officer, a Lycanthrope and the Dragonborn who slew Alduin.

And if I see you and can find no bounty, no loss of future benefit to me, and a free shot, I will probably kill you...

...just to watch you die and steal your belongings.

I am the worst character in Skyrim!