• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Khasrin

Fusozayiit
It never fails to amuse me how often bards pick a completely inopportune moment to start plying their trade.

There was a scene of mass confusion at Tora the Wolfborn's house last night...a giant strolls up and beats all three of my chickens to death with his club (really? I have a cow and a horse and you pick on my beloved chickens??) and then takes a swing at my housecarl Rayya, bringing her to her knees.

My husband Onmund starts whaling on him from behind the workbench with shock spells while Jordis (my steward) runs in for melee. I'm trying to heal my housecarl with one hand and strike the giant from behind with the other. My horse runs in and starts kicking the giant from the side :eek: and all of this with my poor stupid, terrified cow running in and out of the fight.

So what does my bard Llewellyn do? Calmly walks out onto the balcony, surveys the bloody chaos in the front yard and announces, "This is an ode to Skyrim's staunch protectors, the Stormcloaks", whips out his lute and begins to sing.

o_O What.

Chadonraz

This one just doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

I started a new character, and was on my way to BFB (right after starting the quest). The three guards that are sent to Riverwood were a little ahead of me. When I got to the random encounter area on the road between Riverwood and Honningbrew, I discovered two of the guards dead.
There was absolutely nothing there that could've killed them. The encounter was a farmer on his way to join the Civil War, so nothing aggressive/dangerous.

WTF? Dragons aren't around yet (I would've noticed it if there'd been one there, anyway), so WHAT had the guards been fighting (their swords were out)? o_O

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?

I started a new character, and was on my way to BFB (right after starting the quest). The three guards that are sent to Riverwood were a little ahead of me. When I got to the random encounter area on the road between Riverwood and Honningbrew, I discovered two of the guards dead.
There was absolutely nothing there that could've killed them. The encounter was a farmer on his way to join the Civil War, so nothing aggressive/dangerous.

WTF? Dragons aren't around yet (I would've noticed it if there'd been one there, anyway), so WHAT had the guards been fighting (their swords were out)? o_O
Wolves? Bears? Skeevers? A rogue fire-breathing bunny? (sorry - that was on a post a while ago and I got a big kick out of it).

Chadonraz

Wolves? Bears? Skeevers? A rogue fire-breathing bunny? (sorry - that was on a post a while ago and I got a big kick out of it).

Nope. The only hostile animals in that area are two wolves that I had killed just a couple game hours earlier (= they were still dead).
There is a bunny and a deer, but they're further up the road. And Whiterun doesn't have Spriggans that could've charmed the deer. :)

Maybe one of the dead guards stole the other's sweetroll, and a fight ensued. :D

Wildroses

I had something similar happen to me as well. My latest character walked out of Bleak Falls Barrows and headed to Riverwood to return the Golden Claw. Faendal was lying dead in the middle of the main street. Everyone else was completely calm and alive and not paying any attention to the inexplicably dead elf. I've still got no idea what killed him while I was in Bleak Falls Barrow.

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
I had ALL of my mannicans at a hearthfire house come to life and start interacting with things like real NPCs.One of them was holding what seemed to be a conversation with my steward, another was asleep in my bed, and the rest were scattered throughout the house. It was the fully upgraded house in that town closest to riverwood... where you start the barbas quest. The name escapes me. But yeah. Scared the heck out of me, and I got out of there and never went back.

ShangTsung

It never fails to amuse me how often bards pick a completely inopportune moment to start plying their trade.

There was a scene of mass confusion at Tora the Wolfborn's house last night...a giant strolls up and beats all three of my chickens to death with his club (really? I have a cow and a horse and you pick on my beloved chickens??) and then takes a swing at my housecarl Rayya, bringing her to her knees.

My husband Onmund starts whaling on him from behind the workbench with shock spells while Jordis (my steward) runs in for melee. I'm trying to heal my housecarl with one hand and strike the giant from behind with the other. My horse runs in and starts kicking the giant from the side :eek: and all of this with my poor stupid, terrified cow running in and out of the fight.

So what does my bard Llewellyn do? Calmly walks out onto the balcony, surveys the bloody chaos in the front yard and announces, "This is an ode to Skyrim's staunch protectors, the Stormcloaks", whips out his lute and begins to sing.

o_O What.
LMFAO!!! ah.. just another day in skyrim.

Chadonraz

I had something similar happen to me as well. My latest character walked out of Bleak Falls Barrows and headed to Riverwood to return the Golden Claw. Faendal was lying dead in the middle of the main street. Everyone else was completely calm and alive and not paying any attention to the inexplicably dead elf. I've still got no idea what killed him while I was in Bleak Falls Barrow.

I don't suppose a vampire attack is a possibility (since there would have been more bodies/corpses around)?
Maybe he and Sven had a fight. :eek:

I'm now plagued by more mysterious corpses: there's a dead bunny halfway between the outer "gate" and the drawbridge in Whiterun. And another one just outside Dustman's Cairn (although that wouldn't seem odd by itself). I definitely haven't killed the Whiterun one (the misc calculator says 0 bunnies slaughtered), and I've never seen bunnies in the city's immediate vicinity, anyway. Much less that close to the doors.

Khasrin

Fusozayiit
I'm now plagued by more mysterious corpses: there's a dead bunny halfway between the outer "gate" and the drawbridge in Whiterun. And another one just outside Dustman's Cairn (although that wouldn't seem odd by itself). I definitely haven't killed the Whiterun one (the misc calculator says 0 bunnies slaughtered), and I've never seen bunnies in the city's immediate vicinity, anyway. Much less that close to the doors.

I am also plagued by mysterious dead animals, but only half of them...the butt half. o_O

Seriously...in the past six months, I have found so many horse, dog, wolf, and deer hinders sticking out of the ground in various locations in Skyrim (the other half appears to be buried in the ground, or in the dog's case, just missing :confused:) that if I didn't know better, I'd say this game is messing with me. Just one of many:

Skyrimbutt02.jpg

Lol...why, game? Why all the butts?! :eek:

ShangTsung

I am also plagued by mysterious dead animals, but only half of them...the butt half. o_O

Seriously...in the past six months, I have found so many horse, dog, wolf, and deer hinders sticking out of the ground in various locations in Skrim (the other half appears to be buried in the ground, or in the dog's case, just missing :confused:) that if I didn't know better, I'd say this game is messing with me. Just one of many:

View attachment 5447

Lol...why, game? Why all the butts?! :eek:
yea.. they obviously did that on purpose, bethesda you sicko, freakin out gamers with half hidden horse rumps..

Khasrin

Fusozayiit
yea.. they obviously did that on purpose, bethesda you sicko, freakin out gamers with half hidden horse rumps..

Well, my Skyrim-playing friends tell me they have yet to find just an animal butt by itself no matter how long they've played, so we'll assume I'm just extraordinarily lucky :rolleyes:

ShangTsung

Well, my Skyrim-playing friends tell me they have yet to find just an animal butt by itself no matter how long they've played, so we'll assume I'm just extraordinarily lucky :rolleyes:
doubtful.. i find mammoth asses all the time.. i guess the giants pounded them into the ground with their clubs.. weird.

Chadonraz

I've found tons of half-buried animals as well. Sometimes, if it's a smaller animal like a goat, I'm able to pull/Shout it out of the ground. Horses won't budge, though.
The horse at the crossroads between Robber's Gorge and Dragon Bridge is often half-buried -- and I can sometimes see it spawning that way, when I'm approaching from the south.

Joker

Cook, Wine Taster, Scotch Taster, Adventure Seeker
Last night, while clearing out Bleak Falls with a new character, I zotted a skeever with fire. Since there were 3 of them, I ignored the first one I killed. When I went back to search the corpse, it was floating! The nose was like a fulcrum, against a block of stone, and the rest of the body was at a 30 degree angle, with the tail pointing upwards......:eek:

Chadonraz

^ Skeevers just love to die in the most bizarre positions. Sometimes it's impossible to know if they're alive or not (until they attack or you get close enough to see what it says). :rale:

Today I encountered an extremely suicidal Flame Atronach. It appeared with the usual summoning sound and effect, and floated straight into a ring of oil on the floor. Needless to say, I didn't need to fight it. :D

Joker

Cook, Wine Taster, Scotch Taster, Adventure Seeker
^ Skeevers just love to die in the most bizarre positions. Sometimes it's impossible to know if they're alive or not (until they attack or you get close enough to see what it says). :rale:

Today I encountered an extremely suicidal Flame Atronach. It appeared with the usual summoning sound and effect, and floated straight into a ring of oil on the floor. Needless to say, I didn't need to fight it. :D

Now, that would have been awesome. I always, regardless of the race, bring up flame for when I see oil spilled on the floor. Another fun one is to shoot the lanterns above the oil with an arrow, flames, or even sparks. Let that bad boy drop, and enjoy the show..... :D:D:D

Daelon DuLac

Well, I finally lost my undead horse, but now I'm being followed around by the corpse of a red dragon I killed, oh, way back when. It doesn't seem to matter where I'm at, if I fast travel there... tada! Once empty red dragon corpse. It's been at all three of my homes and either in or just outside every city I've been to in the last 3 days. Weird.

On another note, suddenly, all my two-handed weapons have about 1/2 to 1/3 their usual damage. It's just plalin weird when your one handed weapons do 2 to 3 times the damage your great sword does.

Daelon DuLac

Why are my housecarls and bards standing on the chairs when I come home?

Now I realize that I have a little problem with skeevers in the basement, but, really? I don't have that problem with my family at Lakeview Manor, just at my other two (I still can't spell the manor names!).

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!

Well maybe Sven killed him, but if he did, Faendal would be behind the Riverwood Trader. It happened to me once. I saw the elf's corpse and Sven walking away. He saw me then walked back to the body and started molesting it like any other Nord. This is why I hate my race

Renny

The Cole Train, Baby.
I still continue to find being launched into the air by a Giant a guaranteed "WTF" moment. Even after the 15th time.