• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Skyrimosity

Break it up you two

ColdAvoral

Character name: Jaquel Ali eben Ketanu eben Ketarr
    Race: Redguard
    Class: Warlock/Nightblade
    Looks: Handsome doesn't even seem to scratch the surface of this man's good looks, each line of his face, and muscled contour of his body is allmost -too- perfect, making his very form seem alien to most, repulsive, despite any underlying allure. A fine moustache and beard, trimmed, make thier' home on his lip and chin. Amber eyes shine like jewels, set amongst his dark skin, and his perfect white teeth seem to gleam whenever he smiles.
    Personality: Amiable to a fault, and quick to jest and put those around him at ease, but those with a keen sense for people, would realise that it is all a facade, thier' suspicions confirmed when his eyes meet thiers' knowing full well those who are not taken for fools.
    Equipment: Garbed in fine leather and worn silks, Jaquel seems to prefer very light armor, or no armor at all. Often he's seen with one of many slender curved knives dancing between his fingers, or in his teeth as he scales the high masts of ships, or swings from ropes. A slender boarding axe rests against his hip, with a broad bladed scimitar slung across the back of his waist, but he's seen to abandon them, in favor of his smaller blades in most cases.

Skills: A skilled bladesman and sailor, Jaquel is at home riding the salt waters of nirn, but his skill with weapons and experience at sea is not the only tool he uses well, a Warlock of considerable tallent, Jaquel uses his dark arts to decieve and corrupt. Curses to bring unluck and death, to Make the Dead walk, Enchantments to hide him from sight, muffle his steps, and drain the essences of others, are but a few of his tricks.

Combat Prefs: Seen leaping from high nests, and performing feats of acrobatic skill in combat, its enough to lead most to think him nothing more than a simple cuthroat, but every time Jaquel has survived a skirmish at sea, the crew of his captain's foes have reported skilled bladesmen with thier' throat cut, locked in cargo bays or veteran sailors, sure of foot and not known to slip on deck, falling from thier' heights to thier' death, or losing thier balance on deck, and falling into the sea, or onto a waiting blade. Some rumours even tell of great brawlers, renowned for thier' strength, found huddled under stairs, thier muscles turned to jelly under their very skin, unable to lift their great clubs.

no-one knows why jaquen does what he does, but jaquel. And those who try to find out, usually fall into the deep, all the while to the cry of "Man overboard!" from the lips, guarding the forked tongue of Jaquel Ali.

Story: little is known of Jaquel, save that the cuthroat's name is familliar to many a freebooter and privateer out of hammerfell, but after the unfortunate end of his last service, when the Lady's Scented Veil met her end without glory, at the hand of a hedge wizard, and his brigands, off the shore of winterhold. The one of two, known to have been seen walking away from the hulk, with swords dripping red with the blood of bandits, when they crossed the snow-shod mountains, it is said Jaquel was the only one to emerge alive, one ranging hunter, was said to have found a corpse in one of the rarely traveled passes, after tracking down a pack of ice wolves, his corpse gnawed and beyond recognition, thanks to the wolves and the elements, but one thing was for certain, his leg was missing from the knee down, he would never have been able to outrun the wolves. seemingly out of work, and longing for the seas again, Jaquel has been seen dicing with the company mariners and sailors that pass through solitude's winking skeever, waiting for that oppourtunity to present itself, Those few that would notice him when he steps aside, would spot him dicing seemingly to himself, cupping his hands over the result, but little do they know, that under his dark fingers, lie not dice, but a handfull of fingerbones.

Skyrimosity

I don't believe you mentioned why he would be at the Winking Skeever in Solitude...

A.Auditore

maybe...

A.Auditore

maybe...

Star Gazer

I was only asking because Solace said he would join. I don't want him to miss it. Forgive me for my stupidity.

A.Auditore

maybe...
    I was only asking because Solace said he would join. I don't want him to miss it. Forgive me for my stupidity.
    theres this thing that my mother told me and it was think before you act... i suppose that would for the same thing about making a post... just saying... and sorry if i sound crabby

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
    (Sorry for posting late, been busy.)

Name: Caleb Christophe
    Race: Imperial

Class: Unarmed fighter/thief
    Appearance: Young, and very scrappy. Caleb has darker, suntanned skin, and has short, cropped hair. He has very soft hazel eyes to complement his youthful appearance. His build is slender, and he's fairly skinny, but despite his appearance Caleb is somewhat muscular. Normally, he wears travelers clothes

Personality:
    Caleb keeps mostly to himself, and is somewhat soft spoken, actually somewhat awkward when dealing with certain social situations. His poor background from a dysfunctional family has marred the boy in someways, he has difficulty feeling empathy or sympathy for people. After travelling across Skyrim, his skills as a capable fighter have improved. He can hold his own in combat.

Story: Born in the slums of Riften to an abusive, alcoholic father and a mother shriveling away from her skooma addiction, Caleb has been fighting all his life. The other children in the neighborhood often bullied him, physically assaulting him and stealing from him. His father was very neglectful, often beating the child when he'd come home from a night of drinking. His mother was too out of it to even care for the boy. Caleb was a very angry boy, he hated everything and everybody. His mother finally died one day, and all Caleb's father had to say was "Good riddance." One day, not long after his mother's death, a bully approached Caleb as he sat outside his home. Caleb struck him in the face as hard as he could, the bully began crying and told his father. When Caleb's father found out, he disciplined the boy the only way he knew how. But this time, Caleb fought back, pushing his father. He stumbled back, before falling down the stairs and breaking his neck.

The death was considered an accident, and Caleb was sent to Honorhall orphanage. Here he grew up, under just as harsh conditions. When he turned 16, he was set free and Caleb was dumped on the streets. With nothing else to do, and no future in Riften he turned towards traveling. He spent many years wandering the country, learning all about Skyrim. Until he finally reached Solitude, where he hopes to have a future one day.

(Included segment how he ends up in Solitude.)

A.Auditore

maybe...
    :eek: ill be in an rp with the great SD!! *blushes*

Star Gazer

So the overall people are in:
    Duon, me, Skyrim, S.D., Ashley, and probably Solace. That's six. So are we looking around for about eight before we start? Once we go, there is no more recruiting. I don't think finding a guy floating on a broken piece of driftwood would be very original.

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom
    Yo am I in?

A.Auditore

maybe...
    Sorry I skipped over you. You are a pretty experienced RPer, so I wouldn't have a problem with it.
    who left you incharge? duon is the starter of this thread and so far there are only 3 people in atm til he gets back and approves or denies the others

Derath_farseer

Duon, me, Skyrim, S.D., Ashley, and probably Solace. That's six. So are we looking around for about eight before we start? Once we go, there is no more recruiting. I don't think finding a guy floating on a broken piece of driftwood would be very original.

Thats true but pirates some times offered a chance to captured crew members to join them, or they could swim :p. Just throwing that out there incase perhaps a member leaves and you want to fill his/hers spot

Star Gazer

who left you incharge? duon is the starter of this thread and so far there are only 3 people in atm til he gets back and approves or denies the others
    I never said I was in charge. I said that I wouldn't have a problem with him joining. Now Ashleigh, I don't have a problem with you, and I don't understand why you have a certain disliking towards me, but if we could both get this sorted out, it would be greatly appreciated.

A.Auditore

maybe...

its the wayyou made it sound like you were taking charge... i dont have any problem with you or dislike you it takes alot for me to dislike someone and there are few that i do