Nord Refugee Character Diary - Hrisskar III

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

TamrielsSavior

The Dark Nord of Helgen
You are correct. Hrisskar sold his health absorbing mace for a flame enchanted mace. It was a really difficult decision, actually. If you remember, he had actually left Whiterun and then turned around and went back to purchase the mace. d;-)
D'oh!!!!

My bad! Would still be pretty cool if he had a named weapon to go down in history with him.

"That's a portrait of Hrisskar, the dragon slayer, and his famous mace, Alduin's Bane!" Or something like that! :D

shongo3258

Vampire of Skyrim
yeah i remember now it was like half the entry he was trying to decide on this mace lol. Yeah I remember wanting him to keep the steal life mace (cause I thought that enchantment is so cool) but the fire mace does seem to work better. I wish I could find a steal life weapon. It would fit my vampire, Dar-Shein

TamrielsSavior

The Dark Nord of Helgen
yeah i remember now it was like half the entry he was trying to decide on this mace lol. Yeah I remember wanting him to keep the steal life mace (cause I thought that enchantment is so cool) but the fire mace does seem to work better. I wish I could find a steal life weapon. It would fit my vampire, Dar-Shein
I agree, that enchantment kicks butt. Wish I could find a nice battleaxe for my character with something besides soultrap, low level flee or frost/ stamina damage!

shongo3258

Vampire of Skyrim
I agree, that enchantment kicks butt. Wish I could find a nice battleaxe for my character with something besides soultrap, low level flee or frost/ stamina damage!
Yeah i know right! its like they keep all the good enchantments from you in stores! even if it was ridiculously expensive I wish they would appear more often.

BIGwooly

- 11th of Evening Star, 4E 202 -

I ended up having to make the trek to Sky Haven on foot. Just outside Rorikstead Lydia and I were ambushed by bandits at a crossroad. They had us surrounded .. an archer high up in some rocks .. another archer below us behind a boulder .. a man with an axe blocking the road ahead .. and another man moving in to block the road behind us.

Any other time I would have just bore down and rode through them, taking a few arrows with me as punishment. But the moment Lydia drew her sword I knew we weren't escaping this fight. So pulled my horse around behind some rocks on our right flank and dismounted, even as I heard Lydia's battle cry and the cry of her sword striking armor.

I rushed into the fight and quickly evaluated the situation. The archer in the rocks was going to be the most difficult to reach, but he also had the best tactical position on us. The other archer was closer, and easier to reach, and Lydia seemed to have the axe man under control. The fourth bandit was now moving in to join the fight, but I knew it would be a minute before he became effective.

So I turned and used my shout of force on the bandit up in the rocks. He flew backwards as if a god had slapped him from his perch. I turned back toward the archer below and sprinted in her direction. I managed to dodge one of her arrows, and then blocked one with my shield as I got in close. Before she could draw her weapon I slammed her backwards with my shield, and brought my mace down on top of her head. She drew her sword as my mace struck her again .. this time in the chest. Gravely wounded, she lost her balance and dropped to the ground. I didn't hesitate and my third strike ended her miserable life.

Back to Lydia I sprinted now. She was bravely fighting off two bandits, and as I arrived and struck the closest in the back he fell aside, as dead as the archer behind the boulder. The axe-wielding bandit didn't last much longer, and soon he was laying in a pool of his own blood as well.

I looked to the rocks and saw the fourth bandit .. and my horse as well. Without a pause I sprinted up the hillside and into the rocks. My mace was ready to taste its next victim.

Just as I reached the bandit, and as my elven weapon was on it's way to meet the bandit's face, I heard my horse cry out a horrible cry. My mace connected and the bandit stumbled backward. He turned his blade toward me as I struck him again, first with the mace and then with the shield. Lydia was on her way up to help but she was too late. A third blow from my mace was all the bandit could take.

His lifeless body rolled down the hillside as my eyes moved up from it to the body of my horse. I couldn't believe it. Of all the times to lose my horse .. now ... when time is of the utmost essence ....

We continued on to Sky Haven on foot. We fought past numerous forsworn as well as a misguided thief, before we finally reached the ruins that lead to the temple. The ruins had a new contingent of forsworn in occupation, and Lydia and I flew into them with violent passion. We slew at least a half dozen in less than a minute's time.

After consulting with Esbern inside the temple I headed to Markarth with Lydia. Esbern had given me the name of one of the dragons, and using his name as a shout would call him to us at Whiterun, and there we would trap him and set the bait for Alduin.

In Markarth I purchased a new horse .. again. I was halfway tempted to just ride through the night all the way to Whiterun. I didn't want to waste a moment. But it was so dark I could barely see my hand in front of my face, and traveling in darkness like that is not advisable. So we'll spend a few hours resting tonight and head out again just before dawn breaks.

shongo3258

Vampire of Skyrim
Does anyone know how many horses Hrisskar has gone through? I haven't even gone through that many horses in all my playthroughs!

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
Hang on, we have to put this in writing.

11th Evening Star 202

Because of your frequent and well-documented mishaps with the equine race, on behalf of Eastmarch and all Skyrim I hereby bestow upon you the name of Horsebane, with all the rights, privileges, and responsibilities pertaining thereto.

-- Ulfric Stormcloak

BIGwooly

- 14th of Evening Star, 4E 202 -

Where to even begin.

We trapped the dragon .. Odahviing .. at Whiterun. It took some effort to lead him into the trap, but once it was done .. it was done. He was ours to use as bait.

But that's not how things went. Odahviing conversed with me and told me that Alduin was off on Sovngarde eating the souls of mortals ... gaining back the power I had taken from him. He would not be coming back to take our bait. At least not until he was even more powerful than before. Perhaps unstoppable.

So Odahviing proposed a compromise. He would take me to Skuldafn, an ancient nordic ruin where Alduin has his access to Sovngarde. In return, Odahviing would be free. We continued conversing until the crafty dragon made me aware that without him, I would never seen Skuldafin. The only way to get there is to fly. He would have to take me.

I didn't fully trust him, but then I didn't have much choice. Alduin was gone, and didn't seem to be coming to aid the dragon we'd caught. It made sense that the World Eater was back in Sovngarde, gaining back his power and then some. And it made sense that his portal to that world was in a place that men could no longer reach. So with all the faith I could muster, I freed Odahviing and climbed atop his back.

In retrospect, I should have taken more care to prepare for the journey. I've been in these ruins for a day .. a night .. and a day. My food is gone, and I'm having to resort to drinking valuable health potions instead. The ruins are also crawling with draugr, and on the first day alone I had to slay two dragons. I should have brought more food and I should have brought more soul gems for my weapons.

But it's too late for that now. I'm here. I have what I have. And I don't have what I don't have. I have no choice but to see this through to the end. Skuldafn is my prison and my freedom.

skuldafn.jpg

There is no safe or comfortable place to sleep here, so I spent the evening hours resting inside a side ruin that I cleared out. It's impossible to actually fall asleep in this place. There are too many sounds and my alert is too high. So a fitful rest is the best I could do.

I've already killed a dozen or more draugr, and there are plenty left. Night is falling, much like my eyelids. But my rest is over. I have killing to do. Talos guide me tonight.

bulbaquil

Oh, holy crap. That's right. Skuldafn and your restrictions don't mesh well... not at all.

Don't worry, Hrisskar. Your hunger is for the sake of all Tamriel here.

shongo3258

Vampire of Skyrim
Yeah I forgot about how tough skuldafn is and how long it is. It will probably be tougher than when he fights alduin.

bulbaquil

Yeah, to be honest I'm just really hoping I don't die, lol.

Of course not. Because then you wouldn't be able to do this:

hrisskars.png

But here's an alternative: If he dies, he goes to Sovngarde. Why are you at Skuldafn again?