• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Bruynzeel

*ー* SHEW *ー*
    バランスの求職者
    Seekers of Balance
    Chapter 1
    The Conquerers Heart

------------------------------------------------------
    Cast
    Members are: - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Group rules:
    • 1. Have fun.
    • 2. No godding, no killing forum members characters (unless expressly agreed upon by all players involved), or saying so and so robs store of all goods, ruining the experience of other people.
    • 3. No profanity. No exceptions.
    • 4. All posts should be relevant to the RP, except for Out Of Character which is occ: And should be posted in this stories OCC thread.
    • 5. if somebody leaves due to circumstances similar to the example in rule#4 you cannot say that, the player who just left gives away all their gold. You can only make decisions like whether to go to the cave or the orc camp and stuff like that.
    • 6. This RP will be monitored by CornerPocket as story leader will resolve all RP related arguments, like who got what loot from bandits or stuff like that. But the Moderators of this forum will have the final say in everything, meaning just because you are in an RP you may not break the rules of the forum.
    • 7. Only one "playable" character. you can script your own Npc's they are to be simple and only to be there to help the story. Major NPC's will be scripted by CornerPocket as leader of the thread.
    • 8. "Duels" are not allowed in this thread
    • 9. Members must check and post once every 2 days, a seven day absence puts your character as inactive. You will be parked and considered out till we can work a way to catch your character back up to the group.
    • 10. This time line will act as if the Helgen Attack and the Dragonborn questlines don't exist yet. All posts will be in TES universe Lore/skills/races.
    The story premise is like Warehouse 13, from the Sy-Fy channel. a small group of people charged with retrieving items of power, and storing them away safely. Only here in Skyrim, with all Lore of TES being observed if possible. Maybe some stretching to accomodate story elements. What I am looking for is a character driven story, mixing elements of all walks of life in. The credit to the original idea and premise for this story is Gemini Sierra.. all others wishing to join in should be prepared to discuss their character ideas and give some example of writing. I will be limiting it to around 4 to 5 people. To be able to have rapid turn over of story. Please be prepared to contribute at least every 2 days. Preferably daily. I use these stories to unwind, de-stress and explore writing. Not being able to write because others aren't ... Well that adds to my stress. So If you know that you will get bored, or just not have the time to keep up then please don't apply.
    An explaination of what I am looking for in the other characters... think Samurai, each with their own skill specialty. With some of that being in personality. I am gonna be playing Bruynzeel as a experienced and logical Ronin warrior.
    I think like in the show, this needs to be paired with a intuitive character, who's guesses are usually right, to my sherlock style deductions. with a perky, innocent or mischiefmaker one, A uptight and snarky from the corner one, and the two that pull our asses out of the @#$%. A healer and Tank. Or best if possible a mixture of more than one trait.
    The "Guiding Hand" NPC's for this will be faceless notes from afar. Cause who doesn't love recieving mail.
    The main focus of the story will be the character interactions with each other. Combat taking a distant 2nd. So be prepared to be interacted with. Have a good idea of what your motivations are if not a full character story type outline.
    My motivation here would be to actually have a whole story start to finish happen.
    With new stories to follow episodic.
    Where we get to write the book.
    Shew

Bruynzeel

*ー* SHEW *ー*
    The letter only said meet a new partner at the Silver Blood Inn.
    The stamps in the wax though were both the Knights of Nine and Blades seals. So Bruynzeel, is to meet a Knight of the Nine paladin for a adventure that he hoped wasn't like his last partner.

What was that now... sometime before the cataclysm. Clevenger WhiteBlade, stuck up, stick up his ass, unable to live in the moment... But when combat came down he was the end all be all of knights. Pity he passed, and not as a warrior but a aged and happy smithy and farmer. Even with a limp he could plow a field, rows straight as arrows, his attention to detail and pride in workmanship transferring to his fields. Sure the skill would be appreciated but there is a lot to be said for the intuition of a situation with a touch of fun.

So here he is on the trail again headed from his Manor house southeast of Solitude on the quiet coast of the bay, where the hunting is good. With a limp of his own now Headed to Markarth again....

But as he was just getting to the hilltop before Dragonsbridge. When he hears the quick approaching feet of a experienced runner. Their pace though distant, was steady and practiced and unrushed. Bruynzeel drops his pack to his off hand carrying it there to look heavy and to be dropped fast if need be. His leg ached but would hold. and he braced himself while still appearing to lean over. he thumbs his blade loose in its hilt preparing it for a quick unsheath.

But as the figure tops the hill at him no more than about 20 yards. He drops his ruse and shouts out. "By the nines Edmund, I can't believe this I only see you in town." Edmund slowes his pace easily and falls in with bruynzeel as he is walking and replacing his gears position. Then Edmund says "Might want to turn around. You have a room in the Winking Seever." Bruynzeel shocked to the core "You can talk? Edmund you have never talked in front of me. This is a day of changes." Shakes his head and looks real close at Edmund who is casually drinking water from a goatskin, sputters a bit and looks back at bruynzeel while wiping his mouth. "Ok First my name is not Edmund. Second your contract with the Blades has ended. What you do now is up to you. Third you might like to go see what is brewing and decide for yourself. This is for you." Hands Bruynzeel a simple folded note.

Zeel,
    You know I would never drop ceremony. But this time I have good reason. I was approached by some folks your about to meet. That is if you head to Solitude. Your choice. Fuzzball your a old friend and I wish I had aged as well as you. Because I would so do what they are gonna ask you to do. Well actually I would be happy to watch you do it. But someone has to continue what you started. And this still needs done too. I think you are the right one for the job. But I have bad news. If you do it. You will have a team. I know your dislike of teams, but I also know your capable of leading one. Listen brother, there is honor in it. now lets see how many nicknames did I use? Four? Qa'Bruynzeel, it has been a honor serving with you. Travel well.
    Esbern

Bruynzeel folds the note. "He had me write it. So yeah I know what it says. Actually I know what they all say he can't write anymore. Listen Sia, It has been a honor. And I hope to see you again. Maybe on the road again." "You know unless you give me your name I am gonna keep calling you Edmund." "Yeah yeah, I am Dnumde... hahahaaha No it is Na'Than." Bruynzeel as straight faced as he could muster says "Na'Than, thank you. Now I need to turn around and go see about a room."

Mini Mongo

Drog Do Faal Mongonite Lahvu
    Geran sat in a tavern, he yet again was drinking himself to sleep as he had done the night before, and the night before that.
    It was a common thing for this hulk of a man, he wasted his money on contracts for a bed for the night, and mead that he can use as a sleeping drug.
    The man was a alcoholic, but he was a fierce, mean and prepared warrior, and yet again, this mercenary, grown up from a bandit camp seek more money, which meant another contract.
    As he sat in the corner of The Bannered Mare Tavern, drinking his ninth round of the night a man approached him, he was a courier, dark of hair, light of skin, and frail and weak body.
    This courier ran up to Geran as he took a small letter from his pouch, the letter was a creamy color, but had a red outline.
    ''Here's a letter, and some money'' the courier added as he passed over some 50 gold coins and the creamy colored letter.
    Geran took the money first, slipping the small bag of coins into his left pouch which was usually used for, coincidentally notes, letters, his journal and gold that he carried on the go.

Geran then took the note, once it was placed in his hands the courier ran out of the Tavern, opening the door and nearly knocking someones drink out of their hand.
    Geran carefully opened up the note, making sure not to be to heavy handed, as for some reason, the red almost posh looking outline made him think it was more important, but every mans mind works differently, to some extent of course.
    The letter was as follows:

Geran,
    It has been a long time my old friend, last time I contacted you was when you fractured your right leg, do you remember?
    That is besides the point now though, I sent this courier, and this small sum of coins to you for a reason which I shall explain now.
    You are to meet a group of adventurers at the capital of Skyrim, Solitude, as I'm sure you know.
    Now Geran, this is a group contract, you will be lead by Bruynzeel, he is a tactical thinker like you, and will be your leader of your group.
    There will also be three other members of your team which you will see in Solitude, now I know you would prefer to lead, but you are a good man, treat Bruynzeel good, don't attack him or steal from him and you will get along perfectly.
    I am sorry to contact you on such short notice, but this is urgent.
    P.S The money is for a cart, get on there now.
    An old friend.

Geran closed the note, which for some reason looked somewhat simple now, he folded it and put it in his pouch, this way he wouldn't forget where to go, which was unlikely, but it was his way.
    Geran downed the rest of his Nord Mead, his favorite brewery mead in all of Tamriel, apart from of course Black Briar Mead, which was a bit to expensive for Geran to buy - Of course he still had some anyway.

Geran stood, picking up the dagger that lay on his table, it was his fathers, not that he'd ever known him
    He was just giving to the Bandits of Treva's watch, him, naked and alone, apart from a dagger.
    The dagger had a small imprint in which you could place a gem, Geran had always presumed the gem was probably stolen by the bandits as payment as his upbringing.
    The dagger was of simple steel, but over the years of use had gained a strong and sharp point, able of killing any man.
    Geran placed the dagger in his sheathe, putting up his hood to remain incognito, and walked out of the tavern door, which was perhaps two steps away as Geran was right next to the door.
    The cold air instantly brushed against Geran's face, it was almost refreshing having finally going out, his last contract was perhaps a week ago, and he was very low on money.

Geran walked through the district of Whiterun, walking past a few houses, a traders shop, an alchemist shop and a generals goods store, along with a smithy where Geran made most of his weapons with the shop smith.
    The streets were empty, it was perhaps 12:30 am now but Geran didn't mind, all he cared for was getting the job done, having some mead and sleeping, in that order.
    He walked out of the main gates, guards patrolled the areas like flies around a bin.

He walked to the drawbridge as a guard pulled it down, Geran then walked across as it was drawn up again and he left the city.
    The cart wasn't far, perhaps 20 meters, according to Geran's current eyesight anyway.
    He walked to the cart, the cart driver was sleeping, and before Geran even managed to let a word out the man awoke, his eyes somewhat bloodshot.
    ''Where are you heading?'' the cart driver said, Geran letting out a blunt reply ''Solitude'' he said as he chucked him the bag of 50 coins.
    ''Climb in the back and we'll be off'' the cart driver said as Geran was already making his way there.

Bruynzeel

*ー* SHEW *ー*
    Bruynzeel arrives in Solitude, He makes his limp more evident so that any would be watchers would just think him a aged adventurer who has seen better days. Hobbling his way to the Winking Skeever. Entering he scans the parts of the room carefully for anyone who stands out in his mind but it seems there are only locals in tonight.

Approaches the bar. "I believe you are expecting me." The distracted bartender looks over to him and says "Depends Cat, your name Bruynzeel?" Bruynzeel curbs his anger the insult cuts him he is constantly surprised by the prejudice so rampant even here in this metropolitan city. Surely in such a large trading port people would expect to see lots of other races. "I am he, you should have a room for me." he says keeping his voice level and calm. He doesn't know how long he will have to stay so he wants it to be as pleasant as possible. "Well! You talk good for a Cat. Here is your key, downstairs you'll find five rooms yours is the one behind the kitchen." Bruynzeel suddenly perks up "Can I have use of the kitchen, I wish to do some cooking." The bartenders eyes narrow and he says "Pay for what you use, and I sell anything left over?" Bruynzeel smiles and put out his right paw. "Deal." The bartender shakes his hand in the typical assent of a deal. Bruynzeel releases and takes his key and heads for the stairs down.

At the bottom of the stairs he found a locked door with a small circular lock. It apearred just like the claw lock in some of the dungeons spread throughout Skyrim. But this one had letters. Bruynzeel sets his pack down and uses his sheathed sword like a cane and returns up the stairs.

As he nears the bar... "Ahem, care to unlock the door?" The Bartender chuckles and said "Well, I have to admit. That's new. A guy came by and bought the basement. Installed that lock and left." lets that sink in to Bruynzeel. "So your gonna charge me for supplies from a kitchen that doesn't even belong to you?" Bruynzeel says knowing that the bartender has something more to him than just a bartender. The bartender looks around, and satisfied no one was close enough to listen.. then leans back and whispers without moving his lips "Samuel, that's my name. your courier left you a message. 542 ascending." Bruynzeel moves his paw up past his face looking like he is batting away a fly. And while doing so flashes in sign "B D E Blade" The bartender grabs the towel from his shoulder and while his other hand comes in looking like he is gonna wipe his hand on it flashes back. "Yes." "Yeah I guess I was. How about I just charge you for what you use from my kitchen up here." "Agreed." "Bruynzeel bows and Samuel tosses a blank key to Bruynzeel. And Bruynzeel walks back to the door.

While limping back down the stairs. He marvels at the pagentry and elaborateness of secrecy being woven in front of his eyes. The bar keep Samuel and his staff obviously in on it. And he wasn't fooled by the "new" comment this lock has been here for years. Bruynzeel looks again at the dials the letters where oriented so that they were right side up on the left. So he spins them to where they line up with bde. The door hisses and then slides to the side without noise. It opens to a well appointed training room with 5 doors coming off of it. Bruynzeel grabs his pack and steps in the floor was smooth and gave alittle like it was padded somehow. Bruynzeel opens the far door at the rear to find a large dining table in front of a well stocked kitchen the fire still going a little. A small soup pot on to a slow simmer. As Bruynzeel approaches he smells tomato soup, its aroma was fabulous. He takes a spoon and samples it. Oh this is Esberns receipe I have been trying to figure out that one for years. Pours himself a bowl and looks around and set his pack down and pulls out the key and limps to the last door the one behind the kitchen. Still sipping from the bowl. the spoon tucked under a finger. Unlocking the door he opens it to find a fairly simple double room. large bed, two side tables a large chest. a wardrobe and two chairs and a desk. on the desk with a note leaning on it was a small chest. Pulling up a chair to the desk he sits down and continues to enjoy his soup as he looks over the note.

Qa'Bruynzeel
    I wish for you to lead a team. Assembled from skilled adventurers. Whose files you will find in the chest. Along with a more detailed file of your first mission. This will be a long term task. Which is why even with your injury that you were selected. Your other skills aside your longevity will give it consistancy. You will be given the task of retrieving artifacts of power. Power beyond the common magical items. These artifacts in the wrong and sometimes even in the right hands have the power to upset the balance of Tamriel. If interested the chest is open just look inside if not then thank you and you may leave when you wish.
    Miss Tree
    the Circle.

Bruynzeel slurps the last of the soup having never really used the spoon except for that first taste. Sets the bowl down and reaches for the lid of the chest. Stopping just as he puts his paw on it. "Someday your couriosity is gonna kill you." And he lifts the lid. Six bound journals the last large and with bits of notes hanging out. He pulls that one out and decides he'll read it first but after he settles in and stows his gear.

After retrieving and putting his armor and gear away. He sits and opens the large journal...

The Conquerer's Heart
    Magical item, cursed. Controlling of masses through mind control.

Mini Mongo

Geran had been asleep the entire trip, when he left it was night, now it was early morning.
    He hated naps, the though of waking up after going to sleep with no knowledge of it, in the hours he was asleep anything could of happened. They could of been attacked, robbed, he could of been led into a trap.
    Of course this was all in his mind, as he began to awake his eyesight improved, and what was blurry walls was now the city of Solitude, hulking among the entire landscape.

''Ahh your awake, we're here. I hope you get what you need, enjoy yourself Geran'' the cart driver said.
    Geran took a moment to realize what just happened, a random cart driver knew his name, how? He questioned him about this.
    ''How do you know my name?'' Geran said boldly, the man simply replying ''I'm not your average cart driver friend.'' a smile slipped to his face.
    Geran, confused on what happened simply jumped of the cart, and began to walk to Solitude's main gate.

Many guards stood, watching as he approached, clearly well trained, Geran wondered whether they thought him a Stormcloak, which was not rare that security improved after the High Kings death.
    Of course was not, and did not support neither the Stormcloaks or the Imperials, both had wronged him, and so he simply kept out of their, and besides, in this current time, he was slightly worried on the future events.

Of course he carried on, no sense of fear that these men could be here to kill him, perhaps in a previous life he had wronged them, or they were part of a bandit camp he visited, either way......he would be going out of Solitude, dead or alive.

''Prove you're no spy'' a guard said, blocking the entrance to the city, like a lion protecting it's food from a pack of scavengers.
    ''I have nothing to prove, Imperial.'' Geran said calmly, probably a terrible reply, but nonetheless the guard moved out of the way, making room for Geran to enter the city.

The city was not at all what he expected, he had never been to Solitude, but what stories he had heard put it into his head that this bulking, powerful city, home to the Imperials main actions, and capital of the great Skyrim, with the High Kings wife within the walls, would have actually head the streets filled.
    Apparently he was wrong to think so, perhaps 8 people walked the streets, when Geran thought it would be bursting with tourists, guards and merchants of all kinds.

As natural reaction Geran headed for the Winking Skeever, the tavern of Solitude, if anyone was looking for him, surely they would head here. Eventually anyway.
    Geran walked into the tavern, a few drunks drinking themselves to their death, a Khajiit, he looked like a thief if Geran ever saw one, the barman, and that was about it.
    Geran walked to the barman.

''Have you seen anyone enter recently, probably quite geared up, maybe a sellsword?'' Geran asked politely, he needed to know if he was on the right tracks.
    ''What's it to you?'' the Barman replied sternly, rising to his full height and remaining in constant contact with Geran, making sure he was someone to trust, or not.
    ''I was to meet 4 other people here. I hear the leader of are group is to be in Solitude, and by my guess, we were to meet here. Am I not correct he was named Bruynzeel?'' Geran replied.
    The Barman relaxed ''In the room in the basement'' he replied to Geran.

Geran stiffened himself, and neatened up, he had respect for his superiors of missions, and the best way to win their friendship, was to look neat, and respect them.
    ''Thankyou'' Geran said as he went to the basement.
    He picked up a chair as he went to the basement, placing it down outside a wooden door, it was locked, Geran would wait to see who would enter, or leave.

Bruynzeel

*ー* SHEW *ー*
    Having read the files through the night Bruynzeel felt sleepy. But something nagged at him. How was he supposed to take a group of clear individuals and make them a team? And He had to do it in a hurry as their first mission was truly dangerous. The main file had refered to a warehouse but he had seen no indication of it as he had wandered in. So he assumed it was elsewhere or another of the many secrets this place seemed to hold. But again the nagging feeling of something amiss.

Bruynzeel went out to the kitchen area and looked through the stocked supplies. "Great no coffee! Well just have to see if Samuel has any." And he heads for the door as he approaches it the nagging feeling gets stronger. He spins the lock to its combination. And it hisses and slides to the side. And there seated in a chair is a very strong looking adventurer who by his look could only be Geran the true mercenary. "Hello Sir, My name is Bruynzeel." Bows low but keeps his eyes up and fixed on Gerans. Who's eyes never left his except when the door first opened to size him up. Good he is a real warrior. The files had said as much but the words of others should always be taken with a grain of salt.

Mini Mongo

Bruynezeel. He stood among Geran. At first glance you could tell he was a strong leader.
    The man was respectful to Geran bowing as he said the first words between them "Hello Sir, My name is Bruynzeel."
    Geran didn't say anything at first, besides, in the long run there probably wasn't anything for them to say to each other, Geran knew what he needed to know, and Bruynzeel probably knew the man better than he knew himself.

As they approached the door you could see Bruynzeel sizing him up, Geran was a big man, but he could see great leadership in Bruynzeel to, he was clearly a tactical thinker and great leader, whether or not he liked leading was irrelevant, Geran had high hopes for this man.
    Geran put his arm against his chest in a diagonal angle, so his hand was in the shape of a fist, and just touched his shoulder. ''Bruynzeel, it is good to see you. Now please, explain why I am here?'' Geran asked.

Geran knew the general idea about this, he was on a contract with a team, Bruynzeel was the leader, and a good one at that, and they had 3 other comrades.
    The contract was important, and whoever wanted this done was a powerful force indeed, and they had control over a number of people in Skyrim.
    But all this wasn't needed to be asked, it was another day in the office for this sell-sword mercenary.

Bruynzeel

*ー* SHEW *ー*
    Strong straight determined and very to the point. Send this man on a task and it gets done. How will he do with partners... Afterall the word in his file from Markarth said he even left his fallen family. And his directness without mentioning his name. He is testing my knowledge.

Bruynzeel tucks his sword into his belt. And moves aside. Then as he begins to turn back toward the training room. With just a hint of a limp, all but unnoticable. "Indeed, Geran. Step inside and I'll give you the tour of what I have seen." Then as Geran stepped along side him. The door hisses shut. And Bruynzeel remembers his thirst. "Sorry I was gonna give you a proper tour, but I was also going for coffee." Bruynzeel assures himself his room is locked. He didn't mind if somebody read their own file. But he was certain that to protect secrets that weren't his to share. That they couldn't read anyone elses.

"Feel free to walk around and make yourself comfortable. I will be right back and maybe we can both get a better tour. I only arrived last night. Did you get a key?" Bruynzeel was sure that was the best. He had confirmed knowledge and newness all in one fell swoop.

Mini Mongo

''No I did not Bruynzeel, where can I find one?'' Geran replied calmly.
    He didn't like this idea of partners, of course a team was needed, if you're given a team, you need that team, and that team will risk their life on the mission just as much as Geran would.
    Nevertheless, Geran was no team player, he was a lone wolf, he killed on his own, in his mind, a team would just slow him down.
    But clearly, whatever lied ahead was no easy task, whoever knew Geran knew he would not like being in a team.

You could see in Bruynzeel's eyes a sense of some caution, he knew who Geran was, before he even said his name he knew it.
    Bruynzeel locked the door to his room as he went to get a coffee, Geran was somewhat eager to brake into the room and find out what they had to do, but like he had said to himself before, he needed Bruynzeel on his side, and trespassing was not the way.
    It would just cause trouble.

Geran stood at a more strong looking stance, his heavy greatsword weighing down on his back, but this man was used to it, it was as normal as breathing to him.
    Geran was a born warrior, some day he wished to turn out of his old ways, but in his heart he would always be a bandit, and could never join a group such as the Companions.
    Geran would stay as a sell-sword, it was a sensible choice, it kept the man at bay of his harsh ways, and kept him in line with the rest of the world.

Bruynzeel

*ー* SHEW *ー*
    "I'll get you one when I get my coffee." And Bruynzeel returns to the outer door and respins the combo. Exits and goes upstairs.

"Sam, how long was he sitting there? And why didn't you give him a key?" "Well I can't blow my cover to everyone I have no idea yet who will stay and who will go." "Fair enough but you opened up to me." "You were always gonna stay, it was in your walk. Here is a key. Need anything else?" 'Yeah got any coffee on or some I can make." "You want coffee... um there are beans in the third barrel from the door as you enter the kitchen." "Thanks" and Bruynzeel limps off to the kitchen and finds a fresh bag of very expensive beans. grabbing it up he returns downstairs.

Entering the kitchen area "Here Geran, not sure which room. But you can figure that out in a bit." Sets the coffee down and hands Geran the key. Then goes and opens his door. Retrieves the large file from the desk and Gerans file from the chest. Then returns locking his door again. Places Gerans file in front of him on the table. And the note he received. "If like me you will be surprised at how thorough the file is. There were things in mine I had almost forgotten of. And this note is the one I recieved." Bruynzeel grinds a handful or two of beans and asks "Care for some of this coffee?"

Qa'Bruynzeel
    I wish for you to lead a team. Assembled from skilled adventurers. Whose files you will find in the chest. Along with a more detailed file of your first mission. This will be a long term task. Which is why even with your injury that you were selected. Your other skills aside your longevity will give it consistancy. You will be given the task of retrieving artifacts of power. Power beyond the common magical items. These artifacts in the wrong and sometimes even in the right hands have the power to upset the balance of Tamriel. If interested the chest is open just look inside if not then thank you and you may leave when you wish.
    Miss Tree
    the Circle.

Melee

I'm back, bitches
    The cog in her hand was warm, having been mulled about and transferred between fingers as she mused over the golden but rusty device sitting on the table in front of her. The spindly, metallic, and lifeless spider had its top casing removed so that the mechanical, humming innards were exposed to the Wood Elf examining them through large home made magnifying goggles. Using a pair of thin but sturdy tweezers, she slowly lowered her hand into the spider, attempting to cautiously place the aged cog into its place, gently, carefully..

A loud knock at the door startled the Wood Elf, causing her to jump and drop both her tweezers and the Dwarven cog into the body of the artificial spider. Cursing to herself, she swung her legs around her work bench and leaped to her feet, taking care even in her angered state to cover her experiment before answering the door. Pulling her goggles off her face so that they hung loosely around her neck, she flung the door opening, angry amber eyes falling on a young courier.

Seemingly unfazed by the woman's obvious animosity, the courier held out a letter to her, the side facing up revealing an official and important looking red wax seal. "Fenditura, I presume?" He asked.

Fen rolled her eyes, swiping the letter out of the courier's hand. "If you were even remotely local to Markarth, you would know that nobody calls me that. I prefer Fen." Her eyes narrowed as they dropped from the courier's calm face to the letter she was beginning to rip open.

"Ah." The courier bows slightly, backing away from her door with a small smile on his face. "I will leave you to open your personal mail in private. I'm sure that's something you wouldn't want wandering eyes to observe."

With a quizzical expression across her face, Fen closed the heavy door to her small stone abode situated in one of the more remote sections of Markarth's living areas. The courier's remarks came across as odd to Fen, which made her already wary mentality become more present in her mind. Attempting to shove these thoughts to the back of her mind, she ripped the last bit of the seal off the paper, unfolding the letter and reading the short message on the yellowed paper.

Fen,
    Due to a certain set of skills you have, your presence is requested at a special room in the Winking Skeever in Solitude. I cannot give you much information in this letter, but all will be revealed to you in time, should you make it to Solitude.
    Sincerely,
    Someone watching

P.S. How is your Dwemer experimentation going along? I hope to see your spider functioning soon.

While Fen displayed no outward emotion at the words scrawled upon the paper, inwardly she was feeling cold and anxious. Who was contacting her that knew about her work with the Dwemer spider? There was no way anybody knew about it. She had worked too hard to keep it a secret.

A determined look suddenly crossed Fen's face, and she ran to her room and grabbed a small knapsack that contained all of her tools, plans, extra materials, and a small journal filled with work notes. She didn't want to leave all of her old work behind, but by the sounds of it, she wouldn't be in Solitude for that long, would she? Probably just for a single job that required her crafting skills, and then she would be able to return to Markarth. She wouldn't even need to leave a note for Calcelmo.

Snapping her goggles on top of her head, Fen rummaged through her room, tossing a couple clothes into her knapsack. She pulled her sturdy leather boots on and wrapped a large cloak around her shoulders, practically drowning in the large, draping cloth. Walking out into the chilly morning, Fen hurried out of Markarth, jogging to catch a cart that would take her the short distance to Solitude.

----------
    Fen's arrival at Solitude was marked by a quiet, sunny morning and a soft chilly breeze that blew her cloak out behind her. She quietly made her way to the Winking Skeever, pulling her hood off of her head as she walked inside. Patrons were just beginning to stir around the inn and congregate at tables. The innkeeper was standing at the bar, wiping the wood down with a damp rag.

Walking up to him, she pulled the letter she had received out of her sleeve and handed it to him. Speaking quietly, she said "I received this letter earlier at my home. Do you know anything about this?" Looking curiously into Fen's amber eyes, the bartender nods and grabs a small bronze key from below the bar, placing it on the table and sliding it to Fen. "I'll take you downstairs. A couple of your.. Comrades.. Are already here. They can explain everything once you get down there. Follow me."

Nothing was becoming any clearer to Fen, but she followed the man through a door he unlocked and downstairs anyway. At the bottom of a stairs was a dark tunnel with light only coming from one doorway. She hesitantly walked into it and stopped, looking at the people before her. The door led into a kitchen, where a Khajiit and armored Nord are sitting at the table, seemingly discussing something important. Their eyes immediately turned to the newcomer, who must've seemed quite a sight; a short Wood Elf girl draped in a large cloak with hair that was dark red yet bright at the same time. Add her homemade goggles on top of that and Fen couldn't help but let out a short laugh.

The innkeeper walked in behind her and came to stand next to her, cocking his head in her general direction as he spoke to the two men. "Another member of your group has arrived. I've already given her a key."

Smiling sheepishly and pulling the letter out of her sleeve, Fen walked up to the table next to the two men, holding the letter up so the broken seal was visible. "You wouldn't be able to tell me about this, would you?"

Bruynzeel

*ー* SHEW *ー*
    "Ah, Hello miss. Your Fen, I am Bruynzeel." Bows low but again keeps his eyes on hers. "And I can, seems we all received a personalized letter to be here. Mine stated more of the greater mission, But I have one secret I am curious about which I hope will explain a lot more of whats going on." Then returns to preparing the coffee. "Sam I have a question, where is the warehouse itself. Its refered to in the file alot." "Actually now that there are a few of you I have the mind to actually show you." He walks over to the kitchen fireplace and pulls some dried flowers from a dwemer jar. And also pulls out a sinister looking device with two needles on it. "Bruynzeel you first as I know you are staying." "What is that and what are you gonna do with it?" "Think of it as a key maker. I call it the mosquito. Come here and bare your arm."

Bruynzeel walks over and does as asked Samuel without warning plunges the needles into Bruynzeels arm. "Hey that hurt like a Frost Spider bite. Why take my blood?" "Well you will see." Bruynzeel pours himself a coffee. Samuel again returns to the jar and pours half into it. The fireplace makes the same hissing noise as the front door and slides to the side opposite of his rooms door. Revealing a lift that looks like a mix of Dwemer and Akaviri architecture, intricate carving everywhere. "Wow." "Wait for it, this is nothing. Everyone in the lift." They all get in. Samuel then pulls a lever and the lift decends slowly and takes a long time til it finally arrives in a huge cavern. Florecent mushrooms dot the ceiling and most of the walls and on closer inspection what seemed small are actually huge mushrooms just so distant as to appear small.

"How big is this place?" "Roughly 2 miles on a side in a rough square." They walk over to a dwemer looking house just like the ones outside of Markarth. It pales in size to the cavern and looks doll like and out of place. They walk in and there are desks and weird glass window things on stands and lots of nicknacks and strange items all over. Samuel speaks up and says "Come here." and walks over to a window. Outside the window a grid of what looks like dwemer shelving absolutely packed to the brim with chests and strange objects stretch in every direction for as far as the eye can see. The paths between seem to be patroled by dwemer automotons, spiders and spheres. Samuel walks over to a door near the window and another jar is there he pours the rest of the blood from Bruynzeel into it and says "Its now safe for Bruynzeel and anyone walking with him to tour the stacks. We will do that for each of you when and if you decide to stay."

"Ok so let me lay this out as best as I can. We are retrieval specialists charged with finding and storing items of great and potentially balance upsetting power and then we just store them here on the shelves?" "Yeah thats it, the trick though is in getting them from the people using them." "This place is old I would say possibly as old as I am how come there is no one here already and what happened to any previous teams?" "Well its a dangerous and thankless job. They either retired and are now your staff of helpers or they perished in their hunts. No lie its a very dangerous job. The Circle has followed each of you for a long time and are sure your all honorable enough to see the need for doing what is required and that you will not abuse the items your sent after. If you feel they are wrong you can leave now and know we will continue to watch you. So saying anything about this even existing would be a bad thing. Last one who did it was made out to be a mad man and still questions if he actually saw it or if it was all a dream." Shocked Bruynzeel bursts out. "Wait do the job or you make us crazy?" Samuel chuckles "No, do the job but remember never tell anyone. Or don't and still don't tell anyone and you'll be fine."

Flint firestorm

The leading man, who else?
    Corvo sat on the opposite side of the river, gazing at his target. he had been sitting their for most of the day, observing the bandits, learning their patrol patterns and waiting for darkness to provide him with the cover to carry out his objective. his target was a man named Brurid, the newly appointed leader of Treve's watch. the old leader, a man by the name of Stalleo, had hired Corvo to take care of him, claiming that the fort was rightfully his and that Bruid had stolen it from him. he had promised to pay Corvo in gold and valuable scrolls, as well as offering him safe heaven in the fort when ever he required it.

deeming it dark enough to act, Corvo stood up and put on his Dwemer mask and pulled up his hood. he made his way down to the bank of the river and waited for the patrols to pass a point where they wouldnt be watching the river. as soon as they did Corvo sprinted across the river and put his back to the fort wall. Stalleo had recommended using the escape tunnel to gain access but after watching the patrols he realised that the escape tunnel was to heavily guarded so Corvo was forced to find another way in. the wall of the fort was constructed of misshaped stones so footholds were easy to find. he began pulling himself up to the ledge and waited for the patrols to pass before he vaulted up onto the wall and quickly leaped down into the courtyard. here he quickly activated his invisiblity spell and slowly made his way to the door leading into the fort tower.

once inside Corvo began making his way to the tower stairs when he saw a guard sleeping on a chair guarding half a dozen sleeping bandits in cells. no doubt Stalleo's loyal men, they could be useful.. corvo silently made his way over to the sleeping guard and qslowly lifted the key to the cells off his chain. Corvo then moved over to the cells and opened them, leaving them slightly ajar. there, if i make enough noise to wake the forts defenders at least these guys will cause a distraction. Corvo then started making his way up the stairs of the tower to Bruid's room, where Corvo saw him sitting in a chair with his back to him. slowly, corvo began advancing on him, daggers at the ready, and was about to strike when somthing stopped him.

that somthing was the fact that Bruid wasnt breathing. on closer inspection corvo noticed that a dagger was sticking out of Bruid's chest. suddenly alert, corvo scanned the room for the other assassin but found no trace. all he found was a note lying on the desk in front of Bruid's body which, oddly, was addressed to Corvo. he picked it up and began to read:
    dear Mr Attano
    Due to a certain set of skills you have, your presence is requested at a special room in the Winking Skeever in Solitude. show the man working there this letter, he will escort you to the room. we want you to work for us, just like you master Davos did.
    safe travel's
    someone watching
    p.s hope you don't mind that we took care of Bruid, think of it as a show of friendship.
    Corvo stood shocked for a moment and had to reread the note to be sure of what it said. davos worked for them? hmm... i guess its worth investigating. Corvo's train of thought was broken by the sounds of shouting below. "the prisoners are escaping! one of the bandits burst into the room shouting "Bruid the prisoners are... what th-" but that was as far as he got before Corvo rushed forward, slashing his throat. grabbing Bruids ring to show proof of his death, Corvo sprinted out of the room, sheating his daggers and pulling out his longsword. one bandit blocked the bottom of the stairs but Corvo simply slid between his legs and kept running. fighting had erupted all over the fort, it seemed that many of the bandits where sidding with the escaped prisoners. as Corvo rounded the corner to the room with the exit a bandit burst through the front door. not having time to stop or space to slid past Corvo, in one fluid movement, decapitated the suprised Bandit, killing him.
    once outside the bandits where to distracted with each other to notice him sprinting out. Corvo met Stalleo at the agreed location just out side Riften. Corvo explained what had happened in the Fort(though leaving out the part where Corvo didnt kill Bruid) and Stalleo paid him the agreed amount, a large pouch of coins and a set of scrolls of detect life. with that Corvo returned to his home and ate a large breakfast. once he was finished he took a look at the letter again. "the fact that he knows Davos is reassuring, i suppose its worth investigating. and if its a trap... well i guess ill have to kill them" Corvo then set out preparing his equipment. some poisons, bow and arrow, knifes and enough coin to keep him going for a week or two.he decided he would keep on his mask and hood till he knew who he was meeting. with that he was ready however, corvo had one stop to make before he left the city. silent as a mouse Corvo crept in to the orphanage and carefuly placed a handful of the coins he'd earned that night in each of their pockets before making a hasty exit.
    Corvo then left the city through the gates and, keeping his hood over his mask, approched a carrige driver "take me to Solitude". "sure" replied the driver "hop in back and we'll be off" And so, Corvo Attano began his journy.

Bruynzeel

*ー* SHEW *ー*
    Bruynzeel decides he is feeling a bit overwhelmed and all the items and strange things laying around are really distracting him. He decides that it would be better to step back maybe return upstairs where its a bit calmer. His head actually starts to hurt. He subconscienciously reaches into a pocket and pulls his music box out and winds it the act of doing so calms him and centers his mind but he still thinks some distance from all this will let him concentrate.

"Sam, I am getting a headache this is a lot to process. I think we should return upstairs so that we can meet the other two who will be joining us. And as I stayed up reading all the files I think I need to rest." "Sure, Sia Bruynzeel, your in charge." they all head back to the elevator.

As the elevator heads to the upper lair Bruynzeel thinks about how overwhelming this all is. He is to lead these disparate individuals and make them a team. All the while collecting these artifacts of terrifying power and resist the urge to use them. He decides that if so much has to remain secret then he is gonna make every effort to be as honest as possible with those he has to lead. He will turn over their files so they know what the higher powers know about them but let them keep their secrets from each other if they choose he even feels a bit strange knowing he read their files.

He goes back over and tries to fix himself another coffee but as he is about to pour it he decides a nap would be better and he might feel much better if he can rest. "I am gonna nap but first...." steps to his room unlocks it and retrieve Fen's file returns to the kitchen presents it to her "You now hold the files that I was presented with. You will be surprised how through they are I apologize for reading them but as the assigned leader I felt I needed to know who I was working with. Keep them they are yours. I will reveal nothing I have learned from them that is up to you what you want your other teammates to know." Then he turns and returns to his room locking it behind him and crashing out on his bed for a power nap.

Melee

I'm back, bitches
    The hidden cavern they entered was monstrous. Glowing mushrooms seemed to float throughout the area, emitting an eerie blue-greenish light across the walls and ceiling. They walked over to a structure which Fen immediately recognized as Dwemer, seeing as it resembled her own house back in Markarth.

As soon as they walked in the door, Fen knew that she would be here to stay. Dwemer automatons, spiders, and other mechanical beings prowled amongst the rows of artifacts lining shelves that stretched as far as the eye could see. She snapped her goggles over her eyes, closely examining a chest with strange markings on it. Her mind was now shutting out any other background noise; she was completely immersed in her visual observations as well as mental note-taking.

“I could stay here for days. Maybe even months.” Fen says to herself dreamily, pulling her goggles down around her neck as she gazes down the long rows of shelves holding who-knew-what kinds of mechanical and strange devices. She saw everyone gathering near the elevators again, so she jogged over to catch up, and off they went back to the surface.

Once they were back in the basement, Bruynzeel brought out Fen's “file” so that she could read it. “A file, about me? What could they possibly know about me?” She flipped through the envelope, which was fuller than she had expected it to be. It contained everything about her; how her parents had died, where she had gone through Skyrim and when, even her current job with Calcelmo and her interest in Dwemer artifacts. Snapping it closed, Fen's face flushed as she ran a hand through her hair.

“Which room is mine?” Fen asked Samuel curtly. He pointed to a room down the hall, and she strode there quickly, searching for a hiding spot for her file. Using one of her sharpened Dwemer blades, she cut out a section of a floorboard in a far corner of the room. She placed the file beneath it, replacing the floorboard and quietly moving a chest over it, to conceal any trace of hidden information there.

With her file hidden, Fen walked back out to the kitchen, glad to see that Samuel was still there. Coming to stand in front of him, she pulled the sleeve of her cloak back from her arm, thrusting it toward him, the bottom exposed. “I plan to stay. Do to me what you did to.. Bruynzeel.” She had to think for a few seconds when pronouncing his name. It was unique, one that was certainly unlike any she had ever heard before.

Bruynzeel

*ー* SHEW *ー*
    "Sure thing, Cinnamon. But I wouldn't recommend wandering anywhere alone. You can call me Sam, I knew I had you once you saw the lift. And I am still surprised you even noticed us leave." Uses the mosquito on Fen's arm. "Sorry for the sting, Cinnamon." Grabs her arm and hands her the mosquito, looks her in the eyes and looks worried. "I mean it. Don't mess with the Silver spider, its not your typical dwemer spider. Now I need to get back to my tavern." and relaxes releasing her arm and turning to leave. "Come see me when your ready to Geran."

Bruynzeel starts feeling better almost immediately. Even though tired he decides that a good meditation session would be better than a nap. He gets two worn candles from his pack and starts a fire spell in his left paw to light them. Didn't know a lot of magic just magelight, flames, and a few healing spells. And all he ever seemed to use it for is to light his candles. Sitting the candles on the side tables he sits lotus position in the middle of the bed. Winds up the music box and opens it. The soft tinny song fills the room and then Bruynzeel's thoughts. The items in his file that they had known about and he had tried to bury in his deep past finally fading away. He knew his purpose and he knew why they only now approached him to do this. He was ready. He chuckled to himself "You've softened Bruynie. And your age is catching up to you. Finally trying to do the right thing. I see their logic why not get bandits and badguys and turn them into a force for good? I just hope we are all ready for it."

Melee

I'm back, bitches
    A short stab of pain shot through Fen's arm, making her wince slightly. Bruynzeel was right though; it was not unlike a Frostbite Spider's bite, something she did not miss the feeling of. Shaking her arm and rubbing the site of the needle injection, she feels Sam grab her arm, looking worriedly into her eyes. "I mean it. Don't mess with the Silver spider, its not your typical dwemer spider." Fen blinks in confusion, surprised by the concern in the man's voice. "Don't worry Sam, if you don't want me to mess around with it then I won't."

As he leaves, Fen decides to explore the area they would now be living in. It didn't take long; it consisted of a kitchen, the bedrooms, multipurpose areas and relaxed living spaces. It was small, but cozy and warm. Much better than her house in Markarth; the stone walls, albeit decorated with bronze edgings and trim, were too cold and rigid for Fen. She preferred something like this.

As she walked down one of the hallways, she could hear a soft, tinny sound coming from one of the bedrooms. Holding her ear close to the door, she could better hear the tune, oddly familiar and relaxing. After a few minutes of listening to the wordless song, Fen continued humming the tune, ambling toward the kitchen. She grabbed a small red apple from the basket, munching on it contentedly as she sat at the table.

Bruynzeel

*ー* SHEW *ー*
    Samuel retired upstairs to his day job. The day to day of running the front had become as much a second job and success as the reason for it to exist. But instead of heading straight for the bar he walks into the kitchen "Mouse, you there?" And from a dark corner. "Yeah, mouse in the house. What does Mule need?" "Message for Cheese." "Mouse likes cheese! What message?" "The Lion, the Scarecrow, and the Tinman have arrived. Ghost on his way no word of the white rabbit." waits for a response.. "Mouse?" Samuel lights a candle and illuminates the corner. But Mouse is gone. "Still haven't figured out how he does that."

Bruynzeel lost in the tune of the box. Concerns of future events wash away from him like the wispy trails of past and future fading with the light of now. He centers himself in the now. He is lightened by letting those stresses go. There is no need to worry.

The music box comes to a stop. Bruynzeel comes out of his meditation the candles had already gone out and a purplish haze of candle smoke wafts around the room like a roadmap to thoughts forgotten. Feeling a bit hungry he rises and using his sword as a cane opens the door and heads back into the kitchen. "Tell me that's not all you have eaten today? Here let me make us something. you have any favorites?"

Mini Mongo

The Dwemer ruin was a mysterious site, huge, beautiful and swimming with Dwemer culture and architecture it surely was a site to behold.
    And although it was such a amazing site Geran took no real notice of it, instead he looked over his fellow comrades in the days to come.
    They all seemed able to fair for themselves, and clearly Bruynzeel was no utter fool, he had the sense of a great leader, and of a good man.
    The group when back to the surface and everyone went to their beds, apart from Geran who went towards the innkeeper.
    ''Come see me when you're ready Geran'' the innkeeper said as Geran approached.
    ''I'm ready'' Geran said quite boldly not 10 seconds after the innkeeper finishing his sentence.

The innkeeper and Geran made their way to the fire place, and as he had done with Fen and Bruynzeel he plucked a bit of Geran's blood.
    At first Geran felt nothing, but a small sting reached him, but it was nothing for Geran to react to, it didn't hurt, and therefore there need not be a reason to react.
    The Innkeeper returned upstairs, and now Geran felt more at home.
    He could go to the Dwemer ruin, he had his room key, and he even had his own file, which seemed very detailed, but Geran took no notice, there need not be a reason to read his own file, and dwell in his own dark past.

Geran walked to a room, placing the key inside it and opening the door, by chance it was his room.
    He walked inside, a bed, a table side drawer, a chest, a cabinet and a table and chair.
    It was a simple room, but it would do, it defiantly was above higher quality than the usual taverns that he stayed in, but Geran very much doubted he would be using the room much, they would probably be to busy listening to ''the Circle'' and retrieving artifacts, and Geran didn't mind that.
    All he wanted is the money, reward, and the blood being spilled, and that's it.
    Of course what did come into his mind was the fact that the artifacts, considering their great power could tempt him into using one, and that could only cause problems.

Bored and Tired Geran stripped out of his armor, leaving only the clothes he wore underneath for warmth, he put his weapons and leather armor into a chest that lay at the end of the bed.
    He then got into the bed, putting the heavy blanket over him, clearly made of some fur.
    It was warm and considerably comfy, but for moment he lay there, eyes wide open and dazed, and then he was asleep.
    Geran had no concept of time, he did not care what time he slept and what time he stayed awake, luckily it was night anyway, but the way Geran saw it, get as much sleep as possible, you never know when you'll be called to action, and that was the sad truth of it.

Flint firestorm

The leading man, who else?
    Corvo arrived in solitude some time around midday after a long journey through the night. after paying the carrige driver Corvo began walking towards the city. there were guards at the gates but they didnt bother him. once inside the city he quickly made his way to the inn mentioned in the letter. when he entered he noticed that the owner of the inn wasnt present.

deciding to take a look around Corvo went into to the kitchen but when he saw no one there so he turned to leave. however as he neared the door he heard someone approching. not wanting to be seen, corvo searched the room for somwhere to hide but to no avail. he then looked to the ceiling and saw the low hanging rafters. as quick as he could, Corvo climed to a stack of and and then jumped to the rafters. he only just pulled himself up when the door opened. silently, Corvo listen to what the man who had entered the room was saying. "Tell me that's not all you have eaten today? Here let me make us something. you have any favorites?" strange, he sounds like a Khajiit but talks like an imperial. Corvo thought, as he sat above him.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts