• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

DJDragonflame

call me "DJ" or "Dragonflame"
    Oh sorry, no shouts but you can use the equivalent scroll or spell in most cases. detect life, frost storm, we'll think of something.... O oh I know! telekinesis throw something. Like a cup, a stick, a rock whatever... that would be a good distraction.

Oh, ok, he's very intelligent to use scrolls instead of his Shouts. But can he translate Dragon Language, if there is any?

Bruynzeel

*ー* SHEW *ー*
    ok but it will be hard. and time consuming.. but I see it might be used.

Bruynzeel

*ー* SHEW *ー*
    Where ever you want just end up at the winking skeever.

Bruynzeel

*ー* SHEW *ー*
    Its ok its not grand, and its kinda short. Mind looking at it and seeing if you can pad it out with a bit more character exploration. Here's How i entered another story.

Having just picked up a small satchel of food stuffs for Windhelm, Xantos remembers the crumpled letter for a call of adventure. Mumbling to himself "Huh wonder if the offer is still good. Be in town anyway."

Which was exactly how he had lived his life while adventuring.
    Rumors only followed if there was something else along the way.
    In the direction he was gonna travel anyway.
    As much planned as random happenstance.
    He truly enjoyed living this way.
    No ties to one place, a friend in every town.
    But nothing to keep him in one place.
    Wandering was his way.

Looking in the satchel bound for Candlehearth hall were fresh eider cheese wheels, elf's ear, other packets of spices and eggs. "Eggs! Crud now I have to watch how I walk and not to get hit in the back. If I get a few horker loaves I can deliver them to Kynesgrove along the way and pad those eggs til then." plus he mused to himself "And haft to watch for Bars." he mockingly does his best nord accent. Chuckling at his own jest.

He continues to get supplies then leaves Riften. He takes up a brisk walk with a steady pace.
    Covering ground as fast as his ears and eyes would let him, just common sense to be wary on the roads. There were indeed bears, wolves, skeevers, skeletons, and bandits in abundance across Skyrim. The survival aspect of it was just as enticing as the constant change of scenery. The ground quickly covered to Shor's Stone and through with only a small chase by slow spiders. Wolves over to the east of the road ahead but the wind in his favor he just picks his steps better but doesn't slow down. But does swing around his bow and clasp two arrows one along with the bow in his left hand and the one ready to nock in the right. He quickly glances down to assure himself he had remembered to put on his dagger and he continues listening closely to see if they would react to him.

Succeeding in getting past without notice, he relaxes but does not put away his bow instead he just swings it in hand along side him as his strides take him ever closer to his goal. The yellowing leaves giving way to pines and cedars. His decent along the valley that borders the hot springs area. Here you have to watch for larger spiders and bears. And just as the thought was entering his head the sound of a couple of bears hufffing at each other in most likely "a hey this is my yard" he thought. But still he slows listening to the right as he heads off toward it while keeping an eye through the trees at the pair of bears on his left.

He is getting good at as little disturbance of the nature in this northern forest as he was in his own. Only take a life in need of being taken. For food or defense only. Soon he is topping the snowy hill to Kynesgrove and its adjacent Streamscorch mine.

Entering the simple road side inn, the sound of a bad lute but a beautiful voice lilt out with the warm air gust. The scent of fresh salmon steaks and leeks filling the air. He continues in. "Hey Tessie, what you have on to boil?" "Your heart, if you don't tell me where you have been." "Hahaha you know, around. Never the same place for too long." Walks up and gives her a hearty hug. "Hey now I got hitched." "Dang my luck. Who's the lucky guy?" "Larrs" "Larrs is a lovable loaf, has he gotten any better at smithing?" "No but he has gotton better at bragging about it." "He does a fair trade though. Would'nt have em if he wasn't honest would you?" winking at her and grinning "You are honest enough, just not a stay kinda guy." "Too true, so I have horker loaf. Would you be interested." "Sure. How many?" "Four, one less than normal but do you think I can still get dinner and a room for it?" "Like I would let you rest your feet with no food. Of course anything for you Sam." "I'll make up for it next time through. Larrs at the forge?" "Yeah banging away, wish he'd treat me like that forge and stoke my fire more often." "Whoa, you should tell him. Not me." Winks again as they head toward the kitchen to off load his sale. "So are you staying long." "No just the night, do you have someplace cold I can put my pack? I have eggs for WindHelm." "What do a bunch of roosters need with eggs? You should sell those to me." Laughs back "You know a deal is a deal with me I promised to get them there."

A pleasant evening of exchanging stories, theirs of a simple life, and his just as simple ,just in a different way. Shared food and drinks and he retires. When he gets up in the morning the sounds of the forge coming from the large bedroom off the kitchen he helps himself to a flaggon full of coffee and makes his way out and down the road to Windhelm. Passing a Khajiit caravan just setting up."Hey Khajro, I have that family amulet you wanted." "This one is honored if ever you need someone to walk by your side and help you in your travels. Khajro will." "Thanks buddy but I walk alone most of the time. And you have a good thing here." "Yes, Khajro likes his brothers." "Well I have trading in town todo, take care." "You as well, friend."

Then the long walk up the narrow bridge, the guards patrolling with earnest. As he passes a couple are discussing the latest murder on the streets. Mostly rumor and hearsay. So he continues into the gates and up the stairs to enter the Candlehearth hall. Unusually quiet, and a touch melancholy.

Samuel shudders with a sense of cold. Shaking fresh flakes of snow from his cloak. Stepping up to the bar looking for Edla. But not seeing her heads to the kitchen. There she was talking in hushed tones with a Lovely lass. "Edla dear, I bring the groceries." He says with a smile. "Sam, you dog. Good for you having fetched it. Lets get those eggs in the kitchen." "By all means the longer they are in my pack the longer I have to worry about breaking one and getting my stuff sticky." Edla laughs but it seems a bit forced, like she has been stressed lately. So as they get into the kitchen. "Whats up?" "There have been murders on the streets we are a city in dispair." "Anything I can do?" "You hardly let paint dry let alone stick around long enough to solve anything." "But if you or any of my friends in town got hurt I would want to help." "Ok I will have the guy organizing help, get with you. Your room is the first to the left. Have you met Melee?" And hands Sam a key and 20 septims. "Plus if you listen to him breakfast is on me tomorrow." "Eggs, and horker slices?" "With grilled leeks and potatoe hash." Then he turns toward Melee and takes her hand "No, I have not met such loveliness." Kisses Melees hand on the top and winks, releasing it. "Watch this one he is a bit of a flirt." Edla returns out to the bar and Melee and Samuel start out of the kitchen as well. "So what brings you to Windhelm?"

not saying it has to be anywhere near that grand but a touch more epic would be nice.

Bruynzeel

*ー* SHEW *ー*

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Hey guys. Sorry about never joining, I started Reforging and Empire the same day and I figured that would knock me out of selection, but Shew has proven me wrong. I'll post a character card here and try to post in the RP itself tomorrow night.

Name: Alice Psyrakon
    Race: Imperial
    Age: 18, though she's small and young-looking enough to pass for 15 or 16.
    Class: Scout (archery, one handed and sneak) with strong illusion magic.

4110-60160b48974d6e06290e955340d2e01e.jpg

(It's the best pic of her I've got.)

Equipment: A fire enchanted yew hunting bow (Mother’s Fire) passed down from her mother and steel arrows that she taught Alice to fletch herself. During the fletching, Alice is able to enchant the arrows to explode in a fireball spell upon contact. Not only is the target damaged by fire and the shock of the explosion, but is showered by splinters of burning wood and steel. The arrowhead itself is designed to explode inside the target, doing severe damage to its innards. She knows and uses many other enchantments, but this is the most common one. Unfortunately, such arrows are very expensive and time consuming to make, so she doesn't use them very often. She also uses several poisons with her arrows. The poison depends on her target, but damage health and slow are her favorites.

She also wields a shock enchanted glass shortsword (Father’s Steel) forged by her father and an unenchanted steel dagger for utilitarian purposes.

Alice wears a very special type of leather armour that her mother taught her to make. It's a form fitting white bodysuit that covers her entire body from her head down, minus her hands but including her feet. It's made from dyed leather and reinforced with frostbite spider silk, producing a light and very strong material: Strong on the order of steel chainmail and with a fraction of the weight. The suit opens in the front via a Dwemer invention called a zipper, a moonstone track starting at the groin and ending at the collar and is opened and closed by a fastener, ending at the collar when closed. The soles of the armor's feet are made of dotted rubber, another Dwemer invention created form an alchemy recipe and provide good traction when walking. The armor is also enchanted with Ebonyflesh and Fortify Stamina for additional protection. (In summary, think leather footy pajamas.)

Over this armour, Alice wears a pair of brown leather knee high boots that also close with a zipper, have rubber soles and are enchanted with Fortify Carry Weight and Fortify Stamina. She has a pair of matching leather gloves with the same enchantments and a blue dress with short sleeves and a knee length skirt. The dress has three brass buttons and a fine collar that goes below her throat that she keeps buttoned up. The dress has the same enchantments as her armour, but is more for style than actual protection. Alice also wears a simple silver band on her right ring finger and a pair of small silver earrings with a tiny sapphire in each. Both have Fortify Magika. (The entire outfit together makes her look something like Link in the Zora Tunic from The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.). She wears a blue hooded cloak over everything else during bad weather or when it's cold. Its color can change based on her needs so it provides good camoflage when sneaking about.

Personality: Alice is extremely friendly and outgoing. Her small size and endearing nature make her easy to love and adore. She loves to meet new people, talk to them and get to know them. As a result, she's a friend to most people she meets and leaves a good impression on almost everyone. She also has excellent manners and is very good at addressing those in power. She's very intelligent and has mixed illusion magic with archery and tracking to become a cunning hunter and ranger. She's good at moving quietly through both urban and wooded environments and could be a very good thief if she wanted to. However, she sees such behavior as not only grossly dishonorable but extremely unladylike. She kills when she must bot only as a last resort. Blood on her hands keeps her up at night and she doesn't have her father's comfort with it.
    She's a devout worshipper of both Talos and Mara, her father teaching her the honourable ways of the former and her mother the kind hearted ways of the latter. She seeks to act honourably in all aspects of life but also has a desire to share her love with everyone.

Alice also has a stranger side to her in the form of a very special gift. Alice is able to see into the future. She was born with this power and has learned how to use it to See things she’s interested in, but she’s never fully understood it or where it came from. She and her family have determined that it’s a gift from either Akatosh or Azura but they’re not sure which one. Indeed, both have helped Alice at different points in her life, both through dreams and direct communion, so she pays homage to both. She’s certainly more comfortable accepting guidance from the Great Dragon than the Daedric Prince of Dusk and Dawn, but is willing to accept either in times of need.

For Alice to see anything more than a passing glimpse takes great concentration on her part and reaching far into the mists of the future requires the assistance of others. Even with proper discipline, the future is always changing so there’s no guarantee that what she sees is the absolute truth, or that she’ll understand it. It could be nonsense, it could be a convincing lie, it could be true but unhelpful or it could be the key to saving the world. It all depends on luck and the will of the gods.

Relavent Backstory: Alice's father, Simus took his worship of Talos underground after the Great War. He was found out by the Aldmeri Dominon along with the status of his wife Amy, Alice's mother, as a former Blade. Thalmor agents chased Alice and her entire family out of their home in the Imperial City and burned it down. They fled to Bruma so some of Simus' friends could take them to Skyrim, but they were betrayed and captured. Rather than die at the gallows, they all broke out and fought out of the city and into the Jerrall Mountains where more Thalmor agents awaited them. Amy died defending her children, Simus was incapacitated and Alice was separated from her little sister and two brothers as they either fought or fled. Alice suffered grievous wounds herself when she stayed and fought after her father told her to run. She was quickly overwhelmed by the Thalmor but her father killed all of her attackers in an attempt to save her. Afterwards, he begged her to run and this time, with her eyes spilling over with tears, she did so. She hobbled a few feet before succumbing to her wounds and passing out. She was rescued the next day, but her father was buried in snow and was overlooked. She was brought back to the Imperial City and he came back to look for her but was captured during the search. After several days of planning with some new friends she had made, Alice broke Simus out and the two were reunited. After resting for a time, they headed north to Skyrim to join the Stormcloaks, find the rest of their family and rebuild their lives as best they could.

Likes: Magic, reading, meeting people, hunting in the forests outside the Imperial City, wandering the forest in the city's garden district, shade, sleep, warm blankets, being held, hugs, cloths, shopping for cloths, trying on new cloths, making cloths, fawning over cloths she doesn't have half the septims to buy but is sure she could make herself.

Dislkes: Unkind people, dishonest people, being alone, bullying, raddishes, the Thalmor, violence, direct sunlight, being told she's short, dirty jokes, books written by Alessia Ottus, being told it's time to leave whatever store she’s shopping at.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    By the way Mini, sorry about never joining A Daedric Reunion. I got distracted by other RP's and kind of forgot about it. Plus, after reading about half of it (I stopped where Mara realizes the Daedric Princes are actually working together and the Divines need to regroup.) I decided it was a little to larger-than-life.

Melee

I'm back, bitches
    Whoa, how'd she get the armor? o_O Sounds interesting. My character is a bit of a Dwemer buff. :D

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Her mom showed her how to make it and her dad made the metaly bits. He's Simus, my other RP character. He'll be in my first post, dropping her off at whatever secret batcave we live in during this RP.

Melee

I'm back, bitches
    Haha, that would be the Winking Skeever. :p

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Hmmm... Two Dtormcloaks going to a secret meeting in Solitude: I can see absolutely nothing wrong with this plan :D

Melee

I'm back, bitches
    Haha well it's not like our missions revolve around pleasing the Empire. :p Just findin' us some artifacts and keepin' 'em safe.

EDIT: If anything, the two Stormcloaks should get along swimmingly. :D

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Well, considering they're father and daughter you'd hope they get along. Simus would say that Alice is a perfect daughter :D

Melee

I'm back, bitches
    Oh wait they're both joining?

Melee

I'm back, bitches
    Oh wait never mind you said dropping off earlier.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    By the way, from reading the first few posts, I've noticed that everything in Garen's and Bruynzeel's letters revolves around this being a five man group. Even the chambers consist of five rooms with a communal area. I make the sixth, so am I going to be bunking with someone or will a magical sixth room just appear? And am I going to be additional hired help not within the original parameters?

Bruynzeel

*ー* SHEW *ー*
    yeah well I can go back and adapt for a sixth person. or just ignore what was written before and the rooms magically adapt to us.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts