Is there a secure location befitting a pirate?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Jake Johnson

See topic.

My current character is based on Anne Bonny, notorious female pirate.

I've already found her a cutlass - O.K., the game calls it a scimitar, but it looks the same.

As for armor, I decided on to have "Black" Bonny wear Black Mage Robes.

JoeReese

Secure? That's a tough one. I know there are a few secure storage places, like the Alchemist's shack and such, but I don't know of any on/near ships. Are you on PC by chance?

Jake Johnson

No, I play the PS3 version.

However, since there is no "houseboat" available, Ms. Bonny will just have to do the next best thing:

live out of Honeyside, in Riften.

That whole town is made up of the type of citizens that would make Long John Silver and Jack Sparrow look like complete angels...

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
I can go one better than that :D

Do the 'Lights Out' Quest for Jaree Ra in Solitude. Its helping pirates so it fits with your build. After finishing the quest, you can now use the Icerunner Ship as your base! It has no respawn time and has many chests and wardrobes for storage. What pirate wouldnt want to live on a abandoned ship right near the largest city in the game?

Info: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Wreck_of_the_Icerunner

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
I was going to say Broken Oar Grotto.

It never respawns so storage is safe. You've got to clear it out of bandits first, but that's OK. You've got yourself a nice set up with a bed, a few underwater safes or chests, and lots of other cool pirate things. Plus, if memory serves, there's even a forge right there for you. It's a place fit for a pirate king.

Out of curiosity, have you been watching Black Sails? Good show and it has definitely encouraged me to make a cool pirate character. I haven't done it yet, but the show puts you in the mood.

Jake Johnson

Actually, I tried to design the character after the famous female pirate, Anne Bonny.

Adam Warlock

I was going to say Broken Oar Grotto.

It never respawns so storage is safe. You've got to clear it out of bandits first, but that's OK. You've got yourself a nice set up with a bed, a few underwater safes or chests, and lots of other cool pirate things. Plus, if memory serves, there's even a forge right there for you. It's a place fit for a pirate king.

Out of curiosity, have you been watching Black Sails? Good show and it has definitely encouraged me to make a cool pirate character. I haven't done it yet, but the show puts you in the mood.
Watch out with Broken Oar Grotto !
Great place if you are solo but followers and thralls will get stuck inside.

If you don`t mind killing a respawning Pirate Captain now and again , there`s a nice little brigand`s camp at Haknir Shoals on Solstheim including bed roll and a safe strongbox.

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.

If you don`t mind killing a respawning Pirate Captain now and again , there`s a nice little brigand`s camp at Haknir Shoals on Solstheim including bed roll and a safe strongbox.

Really? I've never had that happen. To be fair, I'm not visiting it regularly, but I've been in there more than a few times. It's definitely a place I visit on just about every playthrough.

Just RP like it's a curse or something! If your follower gets stuck, can you dismiss them and get someone new? Or do they disappear? If they disappear, I vote for a Kraken living at the bottom of the grotto.

Adam Warlock

Really? I've never had that happen. To be fair, I'm not visiting it regularly, but I've been in there more than a few times. It's definitely a place I visit on just about every playthrough.

Just RP like it's a curse or something! If your follower gets stuck, can you dismiss them and get someone new? Or do they disappear? If they disappear, I vote for a Kraken living at the bottom of the grotto.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Broken_Oar_Grotto

see the bugs section of this page for possible fix if it happens

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows

Do the 'Lights Out' Quest for Jaree Ra in Solitude. Its helping pirates so it fits with your build. After finishing the quest, you can now use the Icerunner Ship as your base! It has no respawn time and has many chests and wardrobes for storage. What pirate wouldnt want to live on a abandoned ship right near the largest city in the game?

That would have been perfect for my Redguard Pirate, if she had not of built Windstad Manor. It's right on the coast and is remote, just right for dodgy dealings and such.

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member

That would have been perfect for my Redguard Pirate, if she had not of built Windstad Manor. It's right on the coast and is remote, just right for dodgy dealings and such.

That can be her office than :p Every pirate needs a ship, even if its not going anywhere.... haha

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows

That can be her office than :p Every pirate needs a ship, even if its not going anywhere.... haha

I'm sure she will look into it ;)

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I know this has nothing to do with safe storage, but, rather than black mage robes, have you considered Mourner's Clothes? I like to use those on my rogues, especially dual wielding females. The headscarf and all black outfit is great and I can trick it out with enchanting.

For storage, there's a Dremora you can set free at the College of Winterhold who's pirate (if you don't mind doing a little thievery in a library) and, once he's revealed his treasure stash, I've been storing stuff there for months now and it doesn't seem to ever respawn. (It's by the Talos statue way up by the college). Just a thought.

Personally I like Broken Oar though. It's a cool place. :)

Dram

the Dunmer
depends on what you'd call "secure". Most places that you clear out are being crowded with scum again within a few days.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
I know this has nothing to do with safe storage, but, rather than black mage robes, have you considered Mourner's Clothes? I like to use those on my rogues, especially dual wielding females. The headscarf and all black outfit is great and I can trick it out with enchanting.

For storage, there's a Dremora you can set free at the College of Winterhold who's pirate (if you don't mind doing a little thievery in a library) and, once he's revealed his treasure stash, I've been storing stuff there for months now and it doesn't seem to ever respawn. (It's by the Talos statue way up by the college). Just a thought.

I saw your post in the other thread and I am going to get the Mourner's clothes, as I think they would fit my pirate/mage perfectly. I don't know if I will give her the hat or a hood though.

Daelon DuLac

depends on what you'd call "secure". Most places that you clear out are being crowded with scum again within a few days.
But not all. That's the point. Example: Blind Cliff Cave near Markarth. Once you've eliminated the denizens/residents therein, it never repopulates and is a perfectly good base of operations. I had one evil character that used it almost exclusively for most of the game. There are a number of other such locations as well.

Check out: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Category:Skyrim-Places-Safe

Daelon DuLac

I saw your post in the other thread and I am going to get the Mourner's clothes, as I think they would fit my pirate/mage perfectly. I don't know if I will give her the hat or a hood though.
Since the hat ends up looking like a black bandana, it strikes me as very piratey in look where as I have never seen a pirate wear a hood.

BTW, you can get mourner's clothes at Radiant Raiments in Solitude (that's the only place I've ever seen them).

Dram

the Dunmer
Thank you,

I am not patient enough to check which places repopulate and which don't. I usually forget about a place after clearing it out.

Jorrvaskr

Ulfgar Bear-Arm
I'm surprised it has not been mentioned... seemed pretty obvious to me.

The_katariah.png

The Katariah, after completing the Dark Brotherhood quest line is safe storage, also has the unique scimitar Windshear onboard.

You could wear the Emperor's robes, be a flashy rich pirate.

Daelon DuLac

Thank you,

I am not patient enough to check which places repopulate and which don't. I usually forget about a place after clearing it out.
I'm the same way. Someone gave me this reference long ago and it's very useful.

JoeReese

I'm surprised it has not been mentioned... seemed pretty obvious to me.

The_katariah.png

The Katariah, after completing the Dark Brotherhood quest line is safe storage, also has the unique scimitar Windshear onboard.

You could wear the Emperor's robes, be a flashy rich pirate.
I've never done the DB questline, but I was watching Lizzie do it, and after she got off the Katariah, she couldn't get back on. Is there a trick to it?

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass

That's a great spot. I've used it for screenshots a few times.

Jorrvaskr

Ulfgar Bear-Arm
I've never done the DB questline, but I was watching Lizzie do it, and after she got off the Katariah, she couldn't get back on. Is there a trick to it?

You can fast travel or go on board the same way you came, the anchor.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts