• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Jo'rak Vandeni

Jurrrl o' Sweden
    Vashur could not help but laugh at the scene in front of him, his new-found "friend" acted more or less as a bodyguard to Vashur it felt as, the Altmer could hardly bring out the Septims before the vampire rushed him, forcing him away to work on the ship.

He walked through the ship, watching the crew members go about their business, securing crates, reinforcing bits of the hull, and much more things he did not bother to spectate for as long, he needed to find Captain Alex, the man had not reacted as Vashur shouted his command over the boat, if the man was still in bed with that young woman from yesterday, Vashur was going to-.... Well, Vashur was going to be angry at the least.

Khaotic3

Insanity at its Finest
    Carina awoke Phinom with a nudge. She was pointing and snickering at some poor fool who seemed dissatisfied with the beds. He was wearing rather fancy clothes, and was an Altmer. This isn't a cruise ship, it's a trade ship. Idiot. Phinom thought. The Altmer marched up the steps looking rather annoyed.
    "Well Carina, I believe their is work to be done. And did you go check out the commotion from last night like I said?"
    "Yes. The Captain seems to be trying to seduce Pink-hair, and another man is smuggling some sort of wine. No looked like they saw me, and if they did, they didn't care. The Khajiit with the money and the man with the wine went somewhere else to speak, and since you had fallen asleep almost immediately after you sent me off, I decided there was no point in following them."

Phinom contemplated this information, trying to think of what could be so special about the wine. He decided he could figure it out while he worked. "Like I said, there's work to be done, we'd better find out where they need us."

On the deck, the sun shone brilliantly, and people had already begun to work. Phinom and Carina help with the crates--there were several advantages to learning about the cargo. "Do you know if we're leaving soon? I would have thought we would have been off already," Phinom asked the men they were working with. "You'd have to ask the captain about that. I'm not really one to ask questions." "Don't bother with this idiot, he doesn't know anything..." Another man replied to Phinom. Soon enough, all of the men were engaged in some sort of conversation with Phinom.

As Phinom distracted the nearby men, Carina scoped out the cargo. Some salt here (perhaps moon sugar could be hidden here?), drinks there (but nothing special), along with other simple goods. When she was finished, Phinom ended his conversation, and the two went up to help a woman who was fishing.

tdatapina

Hero of Time
    "Whats this I hear, bribing the Commanding Officer into getting you a better room?" and Imperial had walked up and shoved himself into the conversation. Varian crossed his arms and glared at the man. "Ah, so you come onto this ship, and you're already making demands I see. You were hired to be apart of the crew, not part of the officers. You should know your place better. I see you do have time on your hands too, You need some work to do," At this Varian laughed loudly and allowed the man to continue. "Excuse me while I go find the Captain to tell him we have a new Swab on the deck. There's a Mop and bucket over there, and I see this deck is quite filthy please see that you get to work, and no I don't care if your age has anything to do with you not being able to do a meager job. Also, you are going to sleep in the crew's quarters and if you don't like it I suggest you get off this ship, if the beds do seem out of order then find a hammer and fix it yourself." With that, the Imperial walked off and spoke to another of the crew. "Watch this one, he doesn't sleep til this deck is clean."

Smirking, he ran ahead to the man and grabbed his shoulder, spinning him around quickly. Attempting to hold a laugh he spoke. "Look Imperial, I don't think you understand the situation here. First of all, you are not in charge, and if you expect me to take orders from an underprivileged, penniless, lowlife Imperial such as yourself, you've got another thing coming. I only take orders from the captain." By now his mood had gone from humorous to angry. With a stern look on his face, he continued. "Second, mind your own damn business. What was just between me and the Khajiit was strictly between us and you had no right to come in like you are someone of high authority or stature. Last but not least, watch your mouth. You might regret what you say and you just might make enemies with the wrong person. Did you forget where we're going Imperial; let me remind you. Summerset Isles. My home. And if you think you can run your mouth off to someone you don't know, you are poorly mistaken, and you aren't going to survive long. Keep your mouth shut, and remember your place." Satisfied, he turned his back and headed for the commanding officer ones again.

He found the Khajiit heading to the captain's quarters but he quickly stepped in front of him. "My apologies sir, but I believe we haven't finished our business." He tugged at his coin purse and smiled at the commanding officer. "Please my friend, state your offer. No amount is too much."

Tiaz Raydari

Champion of Khorne
    Jaoan was on his way to the captain's quarters when he was tugged back towards the ship's helm. He saw the same Altmer, he had previously told to mop the deck.

"Look Imperial, I don't think you understand the situation here. First of all, you are not in charge, and if you expect me to take orders from an underprivileged, penniless, lowlife Imperial such as yourself, you've got another thing coming. I only take orders from the captain." He said, his change in mood obvious. "Second, mind your own damn business. What was just between me and the Khajiit was strictly between us and you had no right to come in like you are someone of high authority or stature. Last but not least, watch your mouth. You might regret what you say and you just might make enemies with the wrong person. Did you forget where we're going Imperial; let me remind you. Summerset Isles. My home. And if you think you can run your mouth off to someone you don't know, you are poorly mistaken, and you aren't going to survive long. Keep your mouth shut, and remember your place." he lastly added, before he decided to run back to Vashur.

Jaoan clutched his fists, anger boiled inside of him yet he contained it. It would be useless and unwise if somebody on the ship was badly injured on his account. "Surely he hasn't been on a ship before, Does he think he can buy his way on this ship? We're are going to be on the seas, where currency doesn't mean anything except for when the sailors gamble their wealth down in their quarters." Jaoan thought, before passing the Altmer and Vashur, it did seem he was trying hard to get away of the normal rabble. Jaoan pushed past the Altmer to the Captain's door. Jaoan turned to the Altmer that had grabbed him, "You should be grateful of what you have been given, for you might not be around to enjoy what you have neglected to experience. You only have one life in this world, you could learn of this the Hard way or live each day learning new things that you could put to good use. You do clearly live a long life, but you're mistaken about one thing. " He said before knocking on the Captain's door awaiting for a response.

Jo'rak Vandeni

Jurrrl o' Sweden
    "My apologies sir, but I believe we haven't finished our business. Please my friend, state your offer. No amount is too much."

Vashur laughed loudly at this, the Altmer had balls, no doubt, he liked him.

"Vashur needs no gold, Mer, but of course we will find suitable housing for you." He did not really care with things such as these, his mind was focused on other things, far ahead, but it didn't hurt at all to befriend the Altmer, the man wore fine clothes, Vashur was not going to risk enraging a High elf lord over a bedroom issue.

With that said he smiled and turned towards the captain's cabin again, reaching the shut, locked doors, he knocked heavily. The noise from the crew muffled the cabin, he could not hear the Captain within, perhaps he was wrong, and the "lady White" had left the cabin before?

tdatapina

Hero of Time
    The Imperial began to speak but Varian waved him off, ignoring whatever it was he had said. Instead he focused his attention on the Khajiit. "Vashur needs no gold, Mer, but of course we will find suitable housing for you." "Thank you my friend. Please inform me when you've made the accommodations." Varian smiled and turned his back.

There many who were helping out with preparing the ship. Some were loading barrels with equipment, others were checking the ship for any serious damages. Noticing a long strip of rope laying on the floor, he picked it up and began coiling it neatly into a circle. He knew that if he did absolutely to help out it would be a very frustrating journey.

Kimrisvik

King of Scandinavia
    Jo'haráz woke up to the sound of his new, temporary crewmates working hard underneath him. Some were shouting orders or swears at each other, while others sang sea shanties, making the mood a lot happier. By the feeling of the wind, and the fact that nobody else had climbed up to the crows nest, indicated that they still had not set sail.

Jo’haráz looked at the bottle he had snatched just before he went to sleep last night. It was still full. An easy little flick with his golden claw, and the cork went off with a small popping sound. The khajiit moved he bottle to his mouth. The smell of rum filled his nose, and brought a smile to his still tired face. In just one long drink he emptied the whole bottle, before tossing it over the edge. He could hear the moment it hit the deck with a crushing sound.

After a few minutes of stretching he decided to get down to see if there was something he could do to make the process started sooner. He elegantly jumped over the edge and used his claws to keep himself from falling down. Then he proceeded to climb slowly down the mast, before letting go the last few feet, landing gently on his feet.
    Some of the crewmates had stopped what they were doing, and now stood still and watched Jo’haráz in silence. “What? You’ve never seen a khajiit before?” He laughed before turning to see if he could spot Vashur. “Now get back to work so we can set sail soon.” He grinned his teeth as he walked to the front of the boat. Since I can’t see the old man, I’ll just hang out here till we get on the sea. He thought to himself as he sat down on the edge.

It didn’t take to long before the ship finally was ready for the voyage, and Jo’haráz long search to come back to his right element ended. Now the new task began for him. He just hoped that they would bump into The Cursed Queen.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    Alex awoke to a loud banging on his door, he stumbled up out of bed. "Argh..." He moaned as he stood up, quickly accessing himself. He smelt of liquor and was terribly hungover. We leave today. He thought. The loud banging continued. "Alright mate ease up, I'm coming!" He yelled out, he quickly got changed into his thin light armour under his clothes, and drank some water to ease the smell of rum off. He checked himself, he looked presentable. He opened the door to find Vashur and Jaoan. "Sorry Lads, I'm up, lets set sail."

He walked past them and up to the helm, his crew nodded as he walked past. He noticed anchor was up and everyone was ready, some were already carrying out their duties. The ones who manned the sails were resting, as Alex hadn't been up to command them yet. Some noticed Alex as he made his way up to the helm, but a fair few didn't. He gripped the Wheel with his right hand. "C'mon lads, man the sails lets move!" He shouted, and immediately everyone sprung into action and they were out on the open seas.

The weather was clear and no storm was within sight, they made their way to the Summerset isles. Alex steadies his grip on the wheel and looks into the distance, it felt good to out on the seas again. You could still see the white-gold tower faintly in the distance, but within a matter of minutes that would be gone too.Alex sensed Jaoan had something to discuss with him, Alex had just said one line to the people at his door before disapearing to up here. Jaoan would likely be back, and Alex would apologize.

Vashur however was likely just getting the man up, which he clearly was now.

Jason stood up near the captain, looking down at the crewmen below. Everyone was doing their duties, their part in taking us to the Summerset Isles. He looked to Alex, the hardened pirate whom life Jason saved all them years ago. He wonders what would have happened to the man had Jason never encountered him. If Alex had never been on that ship, the possibilities were near impossible to think of.

EpicVakarian

Calibration-Master General
    Abby smiled sympathetically.
    "Alright. Sorry for bringing that up." She felt that this should be the end of their conversation. "Well, if you need a chat, just come find me, okay?" She kissed Alex on the cheek before walking out of the cabin, down to the hammocks below decks to get some sleep before they set sail tomorrow morning.

"C'mon lads, man the sails. Let's move!" Alex's voice from above decks jerked Abby from sleep. She leapt out of her hammock and sprinted up the the deck.
    "What do you want me to do, Captain?"

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    Alex smiled as he saw Abby approaching, feeling an overwhelming sense of comfort. "What do you want me to do, Captain?" She asked, as she approached, having just sprinted up the stairs leading to the wheel. "Do you know how to use a swivel cannon?" He asked her, "If not, learn. That's what I want you on." He said, clutching the wheel with both hands he jerked his head into the direction of the swivel cannon to his right. He kept out the part where he only wanted her using those cannons because it would be up with him.

"Don't worry, I don't expect combat. But we still need to be prepared."

"Jason!" Snapped Alex, "Make sure everyone has a job. I don't want any slackers." Jason nodded, and then went off to perform the task he was given.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts