• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
    "Up is down, black is white. One day you wake up and see that's how the world is."
    Caedan was on the brink of death, bobbing through the freezing waters of the Sea of Ghosts, a ribbon of red blood pouring from the stab wound in his side. The distant light of Logan's escape boat was fading fast, however the flaming wreckage of The Calypso still burned brightly behind him. Slowly being swallowed up by the black waters of the sea. No matter which direction he faced, the shore was invisible against the backdrop of the night sky. He was alone, and he began thinking to himself whether or not bleeding out was preferable to freezing to death. "Logan.." He managed to croak, sputtering blood and seawater; trying to stay afloat. Then, the lights of the boat disappeared, a candle light extinguished between two fingers. And all went black.

When he awoke, he was sure that he had passed on to the afterlife. It was warm, and very bright. However his eyes quickly adjusted, and he found himself laying in a cot inside a small home. His chest was bare and exposed, fresh bandages wrapped around his abdomen. The pain came as he tried to sit up, winding him in agony. "Argh!" He grunted as the wooden door swung open and a woman stepped into the room. She was a Nord, with blonde hair braided back and a pale visage flecked with grime. By the look of her clothes, she was a miner. "You're awake, found you washed up on shore this morning. You were nearly dead." Then the memories came flooding back.

For a moment, Caedan replied with nothing but a blank, bewildered stare. The night before was so vivid, but it seemed so unreal. He remembered him and the others boarding The Calypso, a violent battle ensued before Logan, Voss, Dex and himself loaded the skooma onto the escape boat and escaped after setting the vessel ablaze. But the boat was capsizing, they needed to lose weight or they'd sink.

Logan drove his blade into Caedan; the man who grew up with him, the man who looked out for him in the orphanage. "Why?" Caedan had asked. "Up is down, black is white. One day you wake up and see that's how the world is." Logan had replied. Then, Caedan was kicked overboard. Left to bleed out in the freezing waters.

"Hello?" The girl's voice brought him back, and Caedan shook his head before responding. "I... I was on that ship." It was a lie, but admitting he had stolen an illegal shipment of skooma bound for Hammerfell would be a death sentence. "I'm Caedan." A bit of truth wouldn't hurt. "Well, Caedan, I'm Alma. You're safe here, in Dawnstar." Dawnstar, Caedan had never been here before. Despite being half-Nord, he hated the cold.

Caedan's clothes had been dried and laid out for him, he slowly got dressed, trying to minimize the pain which was constantly throbbing from his side. Afterwards, he stepped outside, into the cold and unforgiving town of Dawnstar. Miserable miners and peasants trekked through roads glazed over in ice and snow. The buildings were dull and as cold as the people they housed. It was a depressing city, but it was typical for Nords. He figured he'd make his way over to the local inn, get some food, regain his strength. Then, he would set out and find the men he once called his brothers. He would find them, and kill them.

OriginOfAbsolution

The very model of a scientist Salarian
    Zali pulled her hood up over her ears, shivering slightly as she moved almost silently through the soft blanket of snow that covered the hard ground. I've got to be getting close... Suddenly, her keen eyes spotted buildings up ahead. Dawnstar, she realized. Her journey had, it seemed, come to an end. It was hard to believe she'd made it so far in a mere eight months -- from the beautiful jungles of Tenmar all the way through Cyrodiil into the icy and unforgiving lands of Skyrim. And now...

Well, where could she go from here? Her plan had been to go north, as far north as she could. Now, it seems, she'd finally made it. But what next? Ahead lay nothing but icy black water and a bleak gray sky. Behind, lay the ghosts and burdens of her past. Maybe this is a sign... I can't keep running forever... But what other choice did she have? He'll kill me if he finds me. Though, Zali had to admit, there were times when she wondered whether giving herself over to face Ri'Chakat's wrath would be such a bad thing... Without him, why else was this life worth living?

The young Khajiit quickly shook the thought from her mind as she approached a small two-story stone building on the edge of town that she immediately recognized as an inn. It was a welcome sight. I need to rest. Clear my head... She'd been travelling for hours and was running low on food, gold, energy, and now... hope.

Bracing herself for the stares and whispers she was likely to meet on the other side, she approached the thick wooden door, shook the snow from her thick hide boots, gave a small nervous twitch of her tail, and entered.

Derath_farseer

Felix sat at one of the long tables with a small pile of coins sat in front of him, the efforts of his last job. Well what was left as he was spending it on mead as if it was burning a hole in his pocket.
    "I'm going to need to find some thing that pays a little better if I want to make it through the week." He said with a sigh, blowing out smoke from the hand rolled cigaret that rested on his lips. He only had a few hundred gold coins left to his name. Of course if he kept spending like he has been he doubted he'd have any left by half that time.

With a swig of his ale he turned and looked over the inn as he heard the door creek open and a young Khajiit woman stepped through the door.
    "Hmm perhaps shes with a caravan, They might need some extra security if I'm lucky." he thought to him self wile finishing the rest of his drink then standing up.
    Felix made his way over to the counter and bought another two bottles of mead and made his way causally over to the woman.
    "You look like you could use a drink." He said with a friendly smile wile holding out the bottle to her.
    "Names Felix." He says charmingly through breath that smelled of stale tobacco and mead.

OriginOfAbsolution

Zali blinked a few times in confusion as the dark haired Imperial handed her a bottle of mead. "Names Felix." He spoke so calmly and casually to her, it was as though they had known one another for ages. Something had to be amiss. During the months she had spent travelling Skyrim, she'd grown accustomed to the nervous whispers and suspicious glares she often received when she ventured out into public. The negative attention she could handle. But this? This was new.

Still, Zali was not about to pass up the chance for a free drink. And the man looked like he might have some decent coin on him. Perhaps if she got him drinking enough, she could put her talents to use and swipe a few septims. Since leaving Elsweyr, she'd tried her best to avoid crime unless it was absolutely necessary... But her pockets were getting lighter every day, and soon, she'd have nothing. Plus, this guy looks like he could spare a few coins... Buying a drink for a stranger? Zali couldn't even remember the last time she had that much gold to spare.

With a brief smile that revealed her pointed teeth, Zali eagerly took the bottle from the man's grasp. "As a matter of fact, I could." She replied in her thick accent before taking a small swig. "Thanks... I'm Zali, by the way. A pleasure." The woman gave him a small wink as she took another sip. "What brings to to Dawnstar, my friend?" She asked casually, feigning genuine interest. Zali was far more interested in the unattended pile of coins she'd just spotted at a nearby table.

Derath_farseer

Felixes smile widened as she took his drink and took a sip. If she was with the Caravan perhaps he could sweet talk her into giving him a job.
    "I'm here for work, not that there's much to do." He followed her eyes to the table where he sat. "Perhaps we could have a seat." he walked over swaying slightly as he took another swig of his bottle. As he sat he looked over at her.
    "Well Zali I've told you why I'm here how about you? Pleasure or... Business." He said wile leaning slightly on the table. His arms covering the small pile of coins.

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
    "Hngh.." Caedan groaned as he limped into the street, a quick glance behind him revealing a very small shanty built against a rocky outcropping. To the right of the home, the mine that served as Dawnstar's main form of commerce and revenue. "Hey!" Alma, Caedan recognized the voice before he turned to face her. "I'll see you at the inn, we'll talk, get drinks." She said. Great. As much as Caedan was thankful for her saving his life, he wanted to begone, to get moving. "Guess I owe that to you." He said with a smile, before turning and limping toward the inn, hand on his side.

Caedan's waterlogged satchel remained untouched. It'd have been easy for the girl to take his money and leave him to die on the beach, but she decided to help him. As he flipped through the satchel and found all of his coins intact, he made a special note to himself to make sure Alma ate like a king that night. He tucked the small coinpurse back into his pocket as he stepped into the inn, a wave of warmth and comfort washing over him.

As it was midday, the inn was quiet and had few patrons aside from a table being shared between a Khajiit and an Imperial. A few others were scattered about, minding their own business. But the pair seemed to stand out from the rest. Caedan took a seat at an empty table set up against a window, letting his thoughts wander as the innkeeper approached. "What'll it be?" Caedan shook his head, glancing up at the old and wizened man. "Meat, preferably. Mead as well." "Venison steak alright?" "Sounds good." Caedan said as the man nodded and headed back to prepare his meal.

Melee

I'm back, bitches
    (My. Post. Didn't. Save. UGH.)

The sun was on the waning end of its journey over the small hold of Dawnstar, gently settling into the distant horizon ; not that anyone would have been able to tell just by looking up at the sky. The sun's direct rays were hidden by a thick veil of falling snow and dull, gray clouds. The only light falling on Dawnstar was the hazy, overcast glow that always seemed to be present this far north, except at night when the clouds parted to allow the clear, brilliant night sky to be seen.

A tall, lone figure trudged through the snow, slowly making their way up to the city and heading straight for the inn. The individual in question, a High Elf named Melee, was making a stop in Dawnstar for a few days to visit with an alchemist Arcadia had told her about before continuing on to Winterhold, where she had studied for a number of years. Those times seemed far behind her now, but she shook the thought from her mind just as she shook the snow from her hood.

Coming upon the inn, Melee turned her bright green eyes up to it, scanning the building as well as the few surrounding it. The snow was falling gently now, falling softly on her face and signaling the approach of night that would soon descend upon the town. Sighing deeply and appreciating the chilly air filling her lungs, she climbed up the creaking wooden stairs leading to the door, stomping her feet gently to dislodge any snow stuck to her sturdy leather boots.

The warmth from the inn washed over Melee as she opened the door and stepped inside, removing her hood and making her way to the innkeeper at the bar. She paid little mind to the others inside the inn; there were only a few people scattered around the room, and she had not realized how tired she was until that moment. All she cared about now was getting some food and resting for a few hours before continuing east.

The innkeeper looked her up and down, a clear expression of disdain written on his face, but Melee ignored him. She was too tired to deal with petty prejudices at the moment, and knew the man wouldn't turn her away since she was buying something. "I'd like a room and some venison with vegetables, please." She flashed a small, sincere smile, but the man either took no notice of it or intentionally ignored it. He nodded curtly, handing her a small steel key as Melee placed some coins on the bar. "You can take the first room on the right. Your food will be out soon."

"Thanks." Melee nodded as she took the key and headed to the small room that would be hers for the night. She removed the satchel from her shoulder, setting it on her bed as it made a soft rustling noise. It was filled with alchemical ingredients; plants, roots, and other odd assortments of items used to make potions. She would be taking them to the alchemist (Frida? Was that her name?) tomorrow and hopefully learning useful tips and tricks from her.

Removing her coat, Melee hung it on one of the wardrobe doors, hoping to dry it out by the time she left tomorrow. She was wearing simple leather armor that covered her whole body in light, but sturdy protection. The small satchel that hung from a belt around her waist bounced softly against her leg as she took a seat at a table outside, gazing into the fire as she waited for her food.

OriginOfAbsolution

Zali's bright blue eyes flicked up from the pile of coins at the man's slurred words. How much had he already had before she'd arrived? This'll be a piece of cake...

The khajiit shrugged slightly and took a small sip from her bottle. "Business or pleasure? Neither." She said simply. "I guess I just go wherever the wind takes me." Zali gave him a tiny wink as she spoke. "I suppose you could say I have a taste for adventure." Not an outright lie -- Zali was a sucker for thrill, excitement, and the chance at some good coin, should the opportunity arise.

Geel-Kajin

The sky above him was a somber grey, streaked with shades of jet black and stark whiteness. Heavy clouds rolled over on their bed of fog and mist, but no movement they made gave way to sun, it's warmth lost to all. The world around seemed in eternal slumber, the trees around barely stirring in the wind.

Geel made his way through the skeletal trees and grim shrubbery, with only his movements to contrast the vast stillness of the land. He seemed to walk in a dream of silence, the forest not spared the merest entertainment of birdsong, nor the calls of Elk nor deer. On and on he went, the argonian in the sea of quiet.

Finally the pale world gave way to a formation of wood and stone, and soon the city of Dawnstar rose above the snow. It smelt of sea salt and brimstone, it's coast not far beyond his sight.He was in civilization now, and he had to look presentable. He shrugged particles of ice off his robes, and followed the dirt track to the town.

Though the inn was sparsely furnished, the air had something homely about it, something comforting. It was odd that such a place could exist here, out in this province of blood and strife. It seemed to him that Skyrim could never house such a appealing place, for it was the realm most know for sword and shield, for blood and bone. Not a day passed without murder nor theft, and lesser still with drunken brawls or attempted assaults.

Yet here he was, in this inn bustling with chatter, inhaling the dusty smoke. Though he tried to avoid crowds when possible, something about this inn made him stay. Maybe it was the warmth of the fireplace, warding away the biting air. Maybe it was the comely murmur of the customers, making him feel welcome and safe. Or maybe it was the drink they served, the sour broth which even now dulled his thoughts, making even the shyest of men brave.

Must be the drink. His logic told him it was so; he had been in places just as bustling as this, as infrequent as that was. And even then he took no joy in it. Regardless, He felt courage, and sat quietly down besides another customer-A High Elf, seemingly at peace with the world.

Her fingers tapped in rhythm on the oaken table, moving like willow branches in a gale, graceful and serene. She sat lost in thought, oblivious to the stranger, eyes gazing into the embers of the fire. Amber glaze reflected at the surface of her eyes, it's glare hid most of those two orbs, shadowing the depths beneath.

The argonian frowned, wondering whether or not to disturb the mer's contemplation. Slowly, he raised his hand, waving it uncertainly- (OOC: guys, this is my last post before my exams. I will be back soon, and will do my best to revive the RP's! Til then, sit tight >:) )

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
    Others had begun to congregate inside the inn, and Caedan shifted uncomfortably in his seat. While the idea seemed irrational, he had a clinging fear that authorities or anyone of the sort would bust through the door to try him and hang him for his crimes. He forced the thought away just as Alma; the girl from earlier, walked inside. Headed straight for Caedan.

"I thought you were working?" He said, cocking his head in a quizzical manner. "There was an accident in the mine, got the day off." She said, taking a seat across from Caedan. Her clothes, face and arms were singed and caked with black soot. She wiped off her hands with a towelette before letting out a tired sigh. "I can't put into words how thankful I am, Miss." Caedan said. "Ah, well. I just did what I'd hope anyone would." Alma replied, brushing her hair over her shoulder. "So what exactly happened on the boat?"

A vision of Logan smashing an oil lantern against the deck; igniting the entire area in a raging blaze, flashed before Caedan's eyes. "Well, this drunken fool knocked over an oil lantern. 'Bout sums it up." Caedan was lying, again. The entire thing was a guise, he was lying through his teeth to the woman that had saved his life. Alma furrowed her brow, and Caedan could sense some skepticism. "By the looks of things you were the only survivor." More visions, Logan, Dex and Voss fading into the distance. Dead Khajiit sailors. "Lot of driftwood and bodies washed up though."

The waitress arrived with the venison, and Caedan was grateful that there'd be a pause in what was seeming like an interrogation. Grasping a fork and knife Caedan ravenously tore into his meal, overcome with senses. He heard Alma ordering something but was so caught up in eating she was barely audible. In minutes his plate was clean. He sat back into his chair, newly rejuvenated and restored. "You ate like it was your last meal!" Alma joked, smiling. Caedan laughed "Almost dying kind of has that effect on you."

Melee

I'm back, bitches
    The gradually swelling noise present in the inn had not penetrated Melee's thoughts deep enough to pull her mind away from its hazy wandering as she stared into the fire. She did not doubt she was attracting some minor attention by being there, but at the moment she couldn't have cared less about what people were thinking of her.

A dark swiping motion out of the corner of her eye startled her back into reality, her eyes wide with surprise as she looked for the source of the disturbance. To her slight amusement, Melee saw an Argonian seated next to her, hand drawn back quickly after her startled reaction to his hand waving in front of her face. His own eyes were wide, much like hers, and the light from the fire danced across his scales as he settled back in his chair and watched her curiously.

Turning to face him, Melee nodded to the Argonian. Shadows were thrown across her face, but just enough light managed to find her eyes, causing them to almost look like they were glowing orbs.

Trying to suppress a small smile, Melee focused her eyes on the curious stranger. "Can I help you with something, Argonian?"

[Ugh sorry it's so short. ;_;]

Derath_farseer

Felixs smile dropped once Zali told him she was just passing through much like him. His eyes looked around the room and already started to look for some one who might be looking for a warrior for hire.
    "Well Zali I guess we have that in common." He slurred wile taking another swig of his drink.
    "All though looking for an adventure... or one that actually pays well has been harder to find then normal." He sighs wile looking at her drink regretting buying it for her already now that he knew she wouldn't be able to offer him a job.
    "Any chance you've heard of any thing in the area perhaps we could split the pay." He finishes his drink then put his remaining coins away and looked over at the counter gesturing for another ale for him self.

Geel-Kajin

Everything felt funny after a drink. His fingers tingled as they moved, his neck now somehow a source of heat. He suspected that if his skin weren't green, it would be flushed a bright red, just to add to his embarrassment.

Geel nearly yanked his hand back when the High elf spoke, for so dreamy was her state of mind that he had begun to think he could wave forever without her notice. Startled, he placed his hand back on his small edge of the table.

"Umm...Hello, I'm Geel. What are you erm, here for?" Geel's brain immediately kicked his mouth shut, frowning at his lack of social skills. He reprimanded himself for asking such dumb a question. She could just be taking a rest here (In which case he had most likely disturbed her), or perhaps taking having her meal of the day. How would a question like his be answered? (OOC: Bleh, I have never participated in conversation for ROF. Feels wierd)

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
    "You're a strange man, Caedan." He smirked, setting aside the now empty plate before dabbing his smeared lips with a cloth. "So I've been told." He sat back in his chair, tapping the table with his knuckles; Alma's prying eyes trained on him. "... So what will you do?" Truth be told, Caedan had no idea. He wanted to track down the three, ask them why; why they left him for dead. "I'll probably head out west, make a stop at Morthal.." Morthal was where they planned on stopping after the hit, the plan was they'd stop at the small town, rest, then head toward Solitude's docks and offload the heat. ".. Report in at Solitude, give a report."

The door suddenly swung open, and a duo of guards clad in mail stepped into the room. The wooden floorboards bending and creaking beneath their heavy boots. "That's the one, you, with me." Said one of them in a distorted and deep voice, his finger pointing directly at Caedan. "What's this about?" Caedan said, his heart beating hard against his chest. "You were present on the ship, yes?" Caedan's heart skipped a beat, his eyes glancing over at Alma, who looked thrice as fearful. "I.." "Then maybe you'd care to explain this?" The guard reached into his pocket and pulled out a small vial of skooma, still corked, yet lined with cracks.
    It was over, Caedan immediately stood from his seat and was instantly shocked with pain; the wound in his gut still fresh and sore. "I don't know what you're talking about.." He replied. "Caedan wait!" Alma cried. "Arrest him!" The guards lunged, drawing their weapons. Caedan immediately grabbed hold of the oil lantern sitting on the window sil and slammed it against the floor between them; igniting a blaze which stopped the guards in their tracks.

Melee

I'm back, bitches
    The Argonian stammered and nervously introduced himself as Geel before asking what Melee was here for. If they had been able, she was sure his scales would have turned bright scarlet by the look of embarrassment on his face. He seemed so frustrated with his social fumbling that Melee couldn't help but smile and let out a short, genuine laugh. Not wanting him to take her laugh as an insult, she quickly covered her mouth and bowed her head slightly, still smiling apologetically.

"It's nice to meet you Geel, my name is Melee." She placed her hand back down on the table, fingers unable to stop themselves from drumming again. "What brings me here is strictly business. I'm here to find an alchemist to learn some things from, and then I'll probably be heading to Winterhold. I was a student there a long time ago." Her eyes glazed over briefly as her minded drifted to some past memories before she snapped back to reality.

"If I may ask, what brings you here, Geel? It certainly can't be the cold weather." Melee enjoyed the snow and didn't mind coming to places like Dawnstar much, where the snow seemed to be always present and blowing around one's feet. What she couldn't stand was the wind, biting at any exposed skin and tearing through clothes and armor to get at what was being hidden from it. It chilled her to the bone.

Before Geel could answer, a commotion from the other side of the room drew Melee's attention to it. A young man, surrounded by city guards, had jumped up as they had drawn weapons and threw an oil lantern on the floor, setting the immediate area around them ablaze. Melee jumped up quickly as the rest of the inn registered what was happening and rushed in a panic to exit the building as quickly as possible. Her eyes widened as her adrenaline started rushing, mind running a mile a minute. She bounded into her room, grabbing her bow and arrows as well as her alchemy satchel.

As she was exiting her room, Melee yelled to some people who were still in the inn, one of whom she thought was the man who started the fire. "You have to get out of here! Jump out of a window if you have to!" The blaze was consuming much of the floor now and working it's way up the walls, lapping hungrily at the combustible materials the inn was made of. She didn't know if they could hear her, so Melee grabbed some of them by the wrists and pulled them outside with her as the flames roared around them.

Once they were outside of the blazing inn, Melee looked at the people she had grabbed, one being the man who started the blaze and the other being a blonde Nord woman who looked like a miner, because of the black flecks dotting her face and clothing. Turning angrily to the man, eyes blazing, Melee couldn't keep herself from adding an accusatory tone to her voice. "What did you have to go and do that for?! Was throwing a lantern really the best decision you could have made in there? You almost killed a bunch of people!"

Geel-Kajin

Geel had to grin at that- His race had never been well known for a love of cold. To have Reptilian blood was always the most dangerous in cold weather, with it being the first to succumb to cold. Indeed, it was all he could do to avoid hypothermia nowadays, with the biting cold claiming both life and limbs. He felt somewhat comforted by the elf's smile, and his worry faded from his earlier mistake.

But then the blaze started, and Geel liked the warmth not quite so much. Oil fed the fire better than anything, and it blew to the size of an raging inferno. The yellow morphed to orange and red, streaked with great columns of gray smoke and ash. It roared like an angry beast, it's belly rumbling with some tempest.

It was then and there that he saw a replica of his own creation, that fire he had come to love. Fire was the magic that burned through his veins, that he wielded in favor of hammer or axe. Now he stared at it straight in the face, but this time as an enemy unfazed by all.

Sadly, though he controlled fire like how he controlled breathing, extinguishing it was not his second nature. He forced himself to tear his gaze from that fusion of gold and scarlet. Logically, he should be escaping from it, not trying to find similarities between it and his friend.

No, this was not his friend. His friend was a different fire, the fire which burned well within his veins. This was a mindless beast, simply created from a splodge of gritty oil. He followed the crowd, jamming his way out of the door with the rest of the stampede.

The inn in blazes behind him, Geel began to feel the first tremor of fear. He frowned, unhappy with his own emotions. He shouldn't be feeling afraid now; if anything, he should have felt this fear back in that inn, not spent the time in there gawking at the fire like a damnable art appreciator! Maybe it was the alcohol, or maybe it was simply his history with fire. Whatever it was, he was sure that he felt more fear back when he messed up in social conversation.

He caught sight of Melee, and made his way through the throng to get to her. She was grabbing a man by the wrist, her voice sharp. "-You almost killed a bunch of people!"

Ah, the firestarter. Geel's frown deepened, and not only for his near-death experience. This man made mockery of fire, using it in such a crude and uncivilized way. People think fire is just an instrument, one to be tossed about and dandied with. Though his logic agreed with them, Geel also had a deep respect for fire, rooted in his experiences.

Damn this man... He was definitely going to watch the proceedings.

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
    The lantern had bought Caedan some time, the guards halting as the blaze came to life in a shower of orange and gold. The warmth was immediate, raising the temperature in the inn from what was once drafty and cold to a now stifling and uncomfortable heat. What few patrons that were inside began a mad dash to escape, knocking over furniture and each other in their flurry to get out. Some of them hurling themselves through the windows, crashing through them in a gust of shards.

Now the inn had become a hotbox of blackened smoke, and Caedan didn't see her coming when the Elf who Caedan had noticed earlier grabbed him and dragged him outside; followed quickly by Alma. The other patrons were gathered with them, all of them immediately picking out Caedan as the culprit. "What did you have to go and do that for?! Was throwing a lantern really the best decision you could have made in there? You almost killed a bunch of people!" The Elf snapped, glaring at Caedan with angry eyes.

Caedan didn't have the time to explain himself, he needed to get out of dodge; and fast. Caedan looked up as coughing and wheezing rang out from the inn. The guards stumbling through the doorway, hunched over and retching from the smoke they had inhaled. Caedan cursed under his breath and glanced to his right, more guards were coming down from the road; armed with bows, there was no way Caedan was going to survive trying to book it on foot.

"Damn..." He muttered, raising his hands in the air and kneeling down in the snow as the guards moved in to apprehend him.