• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Delusional

Connoisseur of Hallucinations
    The sun rose over the horizon, flooding the plains with bright sunlight. Ri'Visah was perched on the roof of Dragonsreach, observing the city. The townsfolk are beginning their day, he noted. It is probably time I return.

With that, Ri'Visah leaped from the perch and maneuvered his way down the great hall. He landed on the ground with a roll, stood up, brushed himself off, and started for the Bannered Mare Tavern. He brushed past townsfolk, who were crowding the marketplace, as per every morning in Whiterun, and shouldered the door to the tavern open gently.

"Oh, it seems I am late! My apologies." Ri'Visah said in a light tone while approaching the table where Svengal, Estrid, and the un-named man sat. He pulled up a chair, and gestured the Redguard barmaid the other men called Saadia for a flagon of spiced wine.

"So, fill me in." Ri'Visah said as he leaned forward, resting his elbows on the table.

ZPfor3

Arch-Mage/Harbinger in Training
    "Okay, so my name is..." The Breton was cut off by the entry of a familier face, Ri'Visah.

"Oh, it seems I am late! My apologies." Ri'Visah said when he sat down, ordering a flagon of spiced wine as he did.
    "So, fill me in."

"No worries, and we were just about to learn the Breton's name. That's about all you have missed. Where did you go last night?" asked Estrid calmly, hoping it wasn't too intrusive.

"While I'm sure you are very interested, I would prefer not to say." replied Ri'Visah coolly.

He was right, Estrid was very interested in what he did the night before, but he decided not to press the issue. Trust would have to be gained and that was acceptable. Saadia arrived with a flagon of spiced wine and a mug of mead. The Altmer mage looked at the Khajiit assassin and, with no hesitation, raised his mug in the air. Ri'Visah looked into Estrid's eyes and saw that this was more than a friendly gesture. He saw that this was an invitation, an invitation to a special kind of friendship, one that would last a lifetime. As Ri'Visah thought about what he should do, Estrid awaited his response.

Writes-Many-Posts

Champion of Grottos and Gremlins
    "I am Maquiavel, as I was saying." The khajiit who invited him the other day came in. His policy against telling the name was broken in his first words. If any of them were tortured, any of them couldtell on the rest of the group. "As your purpose was straightly told to me, honestly, I will tell you the truth about myself." "Almost the whole truth..." He thought as he picked up a tankard and looked to the bottom, checking for some sort of lcohol that could be swirling there. No luck. "I am a forsworn since I was ten, I am a good trapper, torturer and enchanter and my "blessing"" Maquiavel hoped the right members of the group would understand what the blessing meant and the ones who wouldn't tolerate wouldn't. "I am able to dual wield very fast. I don't like children and I don't feel so good if I don't cause pain to anything in a long time. AND IT'S BEEN THREE DAYS!" The breton clutched the tankard an dented it with the anger. "My name is not really Maquiavel, I errm... forgot it, since my parents abandoned me in the wilds, and all I had left was the nickname the other kids gave me because of my... experiments with birds and rabbits." Gods, did he hate telling the truth, but if they were to cope, he had to anyway. "You know my name, and my purpose, now I want yours if you don't mind."

Delusional

Estrid raised his tankard of mead and looked at Ri'Visah, waiting. The Khajiit looked into the elf's eyes, seeing a glimmer of hope, perhaps hoping for a stronger bond with the mysterious cat. Hmm... Ri'Visah thought as he smirked and raised his own tankard to meet Estrid's. It has been many years since Ri'Visah has trusted anyone. We shall see if he can prove himself. The two mugs collided, and a quiet 'clink' resounded around the table. This could be interesting. He thought as he turned back to the table, and noticed the man who called himself Maquiavel was talking.

"...experiments with birds and rabbits. Now you know my name and purpose, now I want to know yours if you don't mind." Maquiavel finished, and looked around the table, waiting for responses.

"Greetings, Maquiavel. I am Ri'Visah." Ri'Visah spoke first, not waiting for the other two. "It is a pleasure to meet you."

"What is your pur-" Maquiavel started to ask, but Ri'Visah cut him off, "My purpose is a purpose that I would rather not go into much detail on..." Ri'Visah took a drink out of his tankard of spiced wine. "...yet." He finished his sentence, and leaned back in his chair leisurely.

"However, it is truth that I am here to kill this High King. As these other men are here to do as well. So, our causes are united, I would say."

Ri'Visah took another sip of his wine, and surveyed the table, watching the facial expressions of the men around him carefully.

They will know my cause soon enough. He thought to himself, smirking again. Soon enough.

ZPfor3

Estrid looked back and smiled at Ri'Visah as the Khajiit collided his cup with his. He turned to Maquiavel and before he could answer, Ri'Visah was already talking. "... So our causes are united, I would say."

Estrid could feel his heart racing, he could feel the adrenaline pulsing through his body. This is really happening. Estrid would be the first to admit, he didn't think they would actually go through with this. He thought that no one would have the courage to stand up and fight.

He looked back at Maquiavel, who was staring at Ri'Visah, trying to decide if he was telling the truth. "Agreed with Ri'Visah, we are here to kill High King Feyydon, and that pretty much sums it up."

"If you are here to join us, Maquiavel, then welcome to the group. If not, we ask you that you keep this group and their purpose a secret from those that would wish to stop us." Svengal said plainly. standing up as he did so. Svengal streched his back and said, "It is time. Are you all ready?"

Estrid looked at the Nord, and replied, "Aye, I am ready."

Writes-Many-Posts

Disappointed by the alcohol-less blood he was obligated to have, Maquiavel sighed demoralized. "Ready..." The breton stood up and groped his axe. Soon it would be tasting flesh and blood once again, instead of spriggan sap. "I don't like to look pessimistic, but do we have a plan or... are we simply killing everything that breathes and tries to stop us? I am not saying that I dislike the second option but... just to feel safer." He opened the door and politely waited for the other men to get out of the inn, to look good in front of his new assassin coleagues.

Delusional

"It is time. Are you all ready?" Svengal asked the group, standing up. "Aye, I am ready." Estrid answered eagerly, the first to reply to Svengal.

"I suppose it is now or never. Let us go." Ri'Visah replied, and pushed his chair back and stood up. He drained the remaining warm spiced wine from his tankard, and set it on the table. He wiped his mouth with his arm, and draped his cloak over his shoulders. As he pulled it over, Maquiavel spoke up. "I don't like to look pessimistic, but do we have a plan or... are we simply killing everything that breathes and tries to stop us? I am not saying that I dislike the second option but... just to feel safer." He asked, as he walked to the door and pushed it open, holding it open for the rest of them.

"Yes, Svengal, do we have a plan?" Ri'Visah asked the Nord as the group collectively left the tavern. He smiled faintly as he grabbed his hood and pulled it over his head, shrouding his face in darkness. He reached down and felt the pommels of his midnight blades, Vengeance and Charity. He was ready.

Oh, was he ready.

Artemis Shadows

The Watcher
    The forest was the only place peace could be found. The only place where Cyn could say what she wanted without ridicule.

The young female Bosmer walked among the towering trees, her eyes glancing around, watching....waiting. The soft snap of a twig made Cyn crouch down and slowly remove the bow from her back. A deer walked cautiously to a bush and began nibbling on the leaves, unaware of the arrow aimed directly at it’s neck.
    The arrow hit it’s mark, and Cyn smiled victoriously as she stood and walked to the deer. The process of skinning the creature would normally have been messy, but not to the trained hand.
    Once that sordid affair was dealt with, Cyn began her trek to Whiterun, eager to sell the skin and use the gold to buy a nice ale or two. The walk wasn’t to long and Cyn found herself marching through the gate and nodding politely at the guard on duty, “Hail, hunter!” the guard nodded back. Now that she was in Whiterun, she simply had to find her buyer. A group of strangers caught her attention, that did not belong...they had something planned...trouble no doubt. Cyn quickly diverted the attention to her buyer, a woman with brown hair...Cyn never bothered to learn peoples names..she forgot them anyway.
    "Pleasure doing business with you", Cyn said after the exchanging of gold and pelt. She soon found herself sitting on a bench, watching as everyone went about their normal routine.

ZPfor3

As the group walked away from the Bannered Mare and began their journey, Maquiavel whispered to the group, "I can't wait to watch the life drain from Feyydon's eyes as I slowly suffocate the bastard." While he thought that was a little morbid, he laughed and carried on down the road, past Breezehome.

"Don't start thinking of the end," reminded Ri'Visah, "We still have the entire journey ahead of us."

Estrid then suddenly stopped, a deep thought protruding in the back of his mind. I have to tinkle. Not wanting to partake in the embarrassment of telling the group, he merely said he forgot something back at the Mare. "He probably has to pee." mocked Ri'Visah to Maquiavel and Svengal. As the group waited by Breezehome, they started talking about how exactly they were going to get to the High King.

"First priority would be getting into the city. Any idea's?" asked Svengal.

Delusional

"First priority would be getting into the city. Any idea's?" asked Svengal. That is most definitely the first priority. High King Feyydon, when he came to power, put Solitude under martial law, and locked it down - allowing no one entry or leave. Getting in would prove to be slightly problematic for the entire group, Ri'Visah thought.

"Well, with the entire city under martial law, that might be troublesome," Ri'Visah said thoughtfully, trying to conjure an idea that would allow entry for the entire group...

How could they get into the city? Solitude is such a defensible city... with it's only gate heavily guarded, the only way they could enter without slaughtering the entirety of the city guard and several dozen Imperial Legionnaires...

"Have any of you ever been to Solitude before?" Ri'Visah asked curiously.

Writes-Many-Posts

Maquiavel didn't find the peeing joke funny, as it could be true and having to pee in the middle of an assassination was simply... unthinkable. Then they were asked about getting in the city. "We could row a boat to the docks, perhaps we find a useful sewer there that can lead us inside the city without being spotted armed to the teeth." He cloaked his pride in making up dasterdly plans with a mild smirk. "Or, if we are feeling brave, we can always try to build a device that flies us above the city and allows us to land on top of the palace." The guards would still be a problem in both of his plans. "But if it is a fight-free murder you want, we need something deadlier and more elaborate. We could set a ship of the East Empire Company on fire with a few sailors inside, that would distract the guards, then we could proceed peacefully inside the city, drink all we can until night, take down the useless two guards that usually stand watch in the doors and slaughter High King, his family, his guards and the thanes. Dibs on any children inside the palace!" His brain was always flashing with new plans on killing any sort of human. Priests, beggars, merchants, servants, vampires, torturers and even warlocks, all it took was asking for the objective and type of desired death. "I don't mind any plans you come up with, I am in for the killing."

Artemis Shadows

The Watcher
    "I don't mind any plans you come up with, I am in for the killing".
    Were these people all idiots?! Speaking so openly about a murder...and the King's murder no less! There were those who hated the High King, but there are also those who want nothing more than to get on his good side. Luckily for this band of idiots, Cyn had a dislike of the King, fueled by...more personal reasons. The archer looked over each man, taking in details. She stifled a laugh and shook her head with disapproval. Were these strangers so inexperienced? Perhaps they'll be eaten by bears and put out of their misery.
    Cyn crossed her arms with a sigh, her attention drawn from the strangers to a few kids playing tag in the market.

Delusional

"I don't mind any plans you come up with, I am in for the killing." Maquiavel said, and Ri'Visah could see a lust for death in his eyes. This man truly is mad, he thought.

"Shh, Maquiavel, not everyone here is so eager for the King's death. You would be wise to keep your voice down." Ri'Visah whispered as he looked around, searching for wandering ears, hoping no one heard the man speak about murdering the High King.

As Ri'Visah's eyes scanned the blank faces of the townsfolk, something caught his eye. A Bosmer, who was sitting on a bench. She had a look, one of experience. He noticed the bow slung over her shoulder. He remembered the guard shout something just a few minutes past... ah! Hail, hunter! So she was a hunter... an invaluable skill. She was observing the townsfolk, or so it seems... Ri'Visah thought.

There is no doubt she heard Maquiavel. That is not good, Ri'Visah thought.

"I will be back momentarily, gentlemen," Ri'Visah said to the group before he turned and walked across the path to confront this Bosmer woman.

"Hello there," Ri'Visah greeted the woman as he sat down next to her. "I noticed your wandering eyes. Is there something you need?"

Writes-Many-Posts

Ri'Visah appeared to be worried by planning words falling on the wrong ears. "Don't worry, I am willing to go to jail alone if it is my fault." The cat then sat down near a bosmer talking gods-know-what. "Just perfect, one tinkles and the other flirts all in the middle of planning. No doubt you have joined quite the squad Maquiavel..." Upon further inspection, the khajiit appeared to be doing something that was cunning and clever after all. It was dangerously likely she heard Maquiavel's stalkingly abnormal planning and one man needed to make sure that she posed no threat. Realizing Ri'Visah's wisdom in doing so, the breton nodded and winked at him, as if wishing him good luck finding out something about the bosmer.

Artemis Shadows

The Watcher
    "I noticed your wandering eyes. Is there something you needed?" Cyn couldn't help but let a smile twitch the corners of her lips. Ahh, so they had noticed her more than she thought. Nonetheless, she shook her head, "No..No nothing" she chuckled a bit, "Unlike you and your pals, who need to learn to discuss certain plans in private, eh...friend?" she spoke casually, but there was a certain warning hidden deep in her words.
    Once again, she diverted her attention for the Khajiit to the children, finding them more interesting than the present conversation. She could go for that ale right about now. I wonder if this Khajiit thinks I am a threat....how long will it take him to attempt to murder me, I wonder? I've been down this road before, never really works well for either side. I get all messy and have to explain why I'm standing near a dead body and the other person...well the other person's dead.
    She snapped out of her thoughts and hummed a small tune, hoping to clear her mind of those unnecessary thoughts.

MagicBlade

Instinctive
    'All right, I've organised this last night' He lowered his voice now..leaning in. 'As soon as we get to Solitude, we need to act normal, just out on a field trip or something. Ok?' Svengal looked around, and saw the elf. 'An archer would be good but we don't have her damnit' Svegal said through gritted teeth. Ok, once we get to his tower, Mages, stand back, while me and Ri'Visah open the doors, and kill a few, then.' He glanced at Ri'Visah and Estrid 'Estrid, you and Maquiavel will use your spells into the guards that will run out the door. Ri'Visah, I want you to follow me through, watch my back. Once we are through, Mages, charge into help us. Got it?' Svengal asked. He looked around, seeing if they where all in. And back at the Archer, he looked hard on her once more... Hoping she would join their quest.

ZPfor3

Estrid returned from.. Erm... gather his supplies. He noticed that Ri'Visah was missing. He scanned the area, only to find the sneaky assassin sitting next to a lady Bosmer, and suddenly had a flashback.

This one was different than the normal flashbacks he was used too. This time, instead of being in a carriage, he was in some sort of building, with a rather well dressed Bosmer in front of him.

"We cannot allow mere Bosmer to join our ranks, Anaril. We allow Altmer, no one else. I'm sorry that you have traveled such a great distance to be disappointed." Estrid said.

"But Estrid, have reason! You need my skills in order to take Skyrim! I can train your archers better than anyone in Tamerial!" stated Anaril, dropping to his knees.

Estrid took this begging as a compliment. This man was so desperate to join their ranks that he was willing to sacrifice his dignity in order to join. "Oh, all right. One condition, though. If one, just one, of my men are killed because your archer's missed a shot, you will take the blame and be committed of treason. Understood?"

"Understood. Thank you, sir! I won't let you dow-"

Estrid came back to the real world, staggering and falling on his backside. He sat there for a moment, thinking about the flashback. They had started to occur more and more, and, now, at random times it seemed. What are these flashbacks? Are they memories? Or are they figments of my imagination? Estrid stood up, glancing around to see if anyone saw him fall. Thankfully, it seemed no one did, or they didn't care that he did. He walked over Maquiavel and Svengal and asked, "What's Ri'Visah doing with that Bosmer?"

"He is afraid she heard me... well... boasting about how I was going to kill the King and may have heard part of our plans. By the way, I called dibs of killing the children inside." Maqiuvel told Estrid. Estrid just looked at the man with a shocked expression and nodded. This man is completely insane! Estrid thought.

Just then, he turned and noticed some kids playing tag in the market. A sort of jealousy swept over him. He was jealous of the kids in the fact they they had no care in the world. They didn't have to worry that the King could kill them at any time, or worry about the laws that have been put in place. They were free as birds, and no one could tell them any different. With tears welling up in Estrid's eyes, he turned away, wiped his face, and motioned for Ri'Visah to hurry it up. He leaned in as Svengal told them the plan of entering Solitude.

Delusional

"Unlike you and your pals, who need to learn to discuss certain plans in private, eh...friend?"

Ah, I see how this is going to be. Ri'Visah thought, and smirked.

"Ha! That is a funny joke! You know, if you weren't the slightest bit intrigued, you would not have cared enough to continue watching, and listening." Ri'Visah said, noticing her becoming slightly uncomfortable. He chuckled and turned away from her.

"I know you dislike the King. I can tell. Perhaps for different reasons than myself, or my party members over there." Ri'Visah gestured to the men across the street, and noticed Estrid has returned. Wonderful. Ri'Visah thought.

"In case you didn't hear, we are on our way to Solitude. To, oh, dispose of him. If you wish to accompany us, feel free." Ri'Visah said coolly, "But if you choose not to join us, and you decide to take, oh, alternative action, I would watch your back. For doing that would put yourself in grave danger." And with that, he stood up and walked back across the street, giving a quick glance back at the bench with the Bosmer sitting on it, before assimilating with the group again.

ZPfor3

"Glad to have you back." said Estrid pokingly.

"Same to you." replied Ri'Visah.

Maquiavel asked how it went, to which Ri'Visah simply said, "She will cause us no harm."

While not the brightest of news, for group seemed to want her to join, it was good that she would not be out for them or being telling any guards of their plans. At once, they decided that it would probably be better if they discussed their plans elsewhere, too many nosy ears and wandering eyes. The group started walking down the empty streets of the town, all in unison. When the neared the gate, however, a group of guards approached them. They looked at the group and said, "Seems you have been doing some talking about things... criminal things. We have come to tell you.... that we support you. High King Feyydon had ruined the lives of these soldiers and my own. While we cannot help you in anyway, just know that we will be rooting for you."

When no one spoke, Svengal stepped forward and replied with, "Thank you. We promise we will do everything in our power to bring this man down."

Estrid stepped up, along with Ri'Visah and Maquiavel, and said, "He has affected our lives, as well. We stand before you, not as a random group of people with weapons, but as a group with a cause and mission. A mission to restore Order to Skyrim."

With that, the guards stepped aside, and the group walked out of Whiterun, possibly for the last time in their lives.

Artemis Shadows

The Watcher
    There were truth to the Khajiit strangers words.
    Much truth.
    There would be nothing more satisfying than the King's head on a silver platter. But there were other things more important. Her life, for example. Cyn looked at the ground and closed her eyes with a sigh, surely it wasn't a selfish thought. Common sense, right?
    But think of the others...think of what they go through everyday just because of this king. But what should it matter?
    A memory flashed through her mind. A taller figure, a Nord male, leaned against a tree laughing while an annoyed Cyn stood with her arms crossed and her foot tapping, "It's not funny Orgnir! I mean it! I'll be a hero, just you watch!". The man named Orgnir stopped laughing and smiled, "I'm not doubting you Cyn. I think you'll be great! Especially sense you'll have a dashing knight by your side!" Orgnir winked and patted the sword that hung at his hip, Cyn shook her head, laughing.

To think only a few years later she'd be standing at Orgnir's execution...
    Cyn stood suddenly and chased down the group of strangers, "H-Hey! Wait!" she ran in front of them, blocking their path, "I want to join you in this...task of yours!".