• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

rizen

A to the K homeboy
    (cool...I'll throw a little more up and see where it goes...keep in mind a few things though, direction i.e quest, number of players before it get's out of control, dunno...whatever else you can think of)...

Riz ambles his way to the bannered mare. He enters, although well lit, 'the mare' is of a sombre nature...he surveys this evening's intake of patrons with a casual look of disinterest...to the "uneducated". On approach to the bar, he grazes against an empty chair and a slight metallic jingle escapes his satchel...his eyes dart back and forth, and apparently content...he saddles up at the bar with the intension of a long night of drinking ahead of him

NikolaTesla

Admiral Sunna Kyndai
    i put some beginning story ideas over in the list and rules thread so check those out for ideas, other wise, i'll run a little get together here, until another group gets off their feet and ready to play. I'll look around on some other forums for someone who might be interested in a "leader" kind of position.

Lemviticus

In her short time spent at the Inn, Signy came to realise that the group forming in front of her, now crowding the small table that was meant to hold perhaps three at the most, were talking of adventure. Had someone mentioned a cave full of Falmer that needed disposing of? It seemed that being different within the walls of Whiterun bred companionship, something she rarely desired, but was no less interested in.

Taking another sip from her mug, she clumsily moved out of her seat, for the axe strapped to her back had a habit of knocking things down that need not be knocked over, and made her way over to the group, accidentally shouldering the newcoming Argonian in the process. She offered a hand wave of apology, but no speech, as she was more interested in finding out the intentions of these outsiders.

Upon reaching the table, she observed the group again, attempting to look friendly, although that was something she always failed at.
    "Forgive me, outsiders, but I have overheard your conversation of adventure and am interested in making some coin, if you are willing to take a Nord." Her eyes flashed, as if it were a challenge rather than a question.

(BRB for a little while guys, have to go to work!)

NikolaTesla

Admiral Sunna Kyndai
    (Ok guys, I have talked ot Rayven about a few things I noticed in these RP threads and have some answers.

The reason your post count is not going up for posts here because Renegader turned it off for this section. All those count to 100 games or corrupted wish and stuff like that would make people's post counts ridiculously high.
    I also talked to her about the RP's getting their own section so be on the lookout for that. that's it everyone, have fun RP'ing.)

iLouis

Psst...I know who you are. Hail Sithis!
    (Just making sure it's ok if I add in my own character to the mix? Not a hardcore roleplayer, but I would ove to give it a shot.)

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
    [Sure, just go to the proper thread and create your character and feel free to start posting here.]

rizen

A to the K homeboy
    Riz casts a glance across the tavern *as casual as he can possibly muster* and rubs at his temples. "These voices in my head are growing in number as the evening draws" he mutters to himself as his eyes cast upwards. The barmaid catches this comment and shoots Riz a look of concern. "Another please" he says as he waves his hand, unable to meet her eyes although he can't help but show a little amusement in her concern. "If you have the coin...bard" she replies studying him. "Ofcourse...heh" After a brief moment of fossicking in his satchel, he produces a large potatoe and smiles warmly at her "TADAAAARRR" he chimes with a gesture of granduer with his hands. He nudges the potatoe across the bar and winks at her "don't spend this all at once"...

Drazker

Son of Sithis
    The smell of fresh, mortal blood filled the air around Drazker. The air was colder than usual that night, but not chilling enough to explain the large, visible puffs of air that would escape the figure's helm every few moments.

He looked around and all he could see was life. People walking about the city, conversing and laughing. It was extremely overwhelming for the Dread Son as he shifted his gaze this way and that. As Drazker took this all in, there was only one thought in his mind and that was, "where to start?"

The largest amount of traffic, Drazker soon discovered, was in the Plains district, near the Inn. The Bannered Mare, the establishment was named. With a single, low grunt to himself, the armored being set his destination and began to slowly march towards the building. And under all the speaking and laughter could be heard the distinguishable crunch of Drazker's plate armor as he approached the Inn.

rizen

A to the K homeboy
    "oh..puh-leeeeaseeeee" :rolleyes:

...pleaded Riz "That's a fine specimen of a potatoe!" he ventured.
    Aware that his bargaining was a lost cause, he raised his palms outward to the barmaid in a warding off gesture.
    He placed the potatoe back into his satchel and produced a septim, but before handing it over, took the opportunity to roll it across the top of his knuckles..."Cheer up m'am. It appears I may be here for a spell yet".
    *splendid* thought the barmaid...
    Yes, it was...

Drazker

Son of Sithis
    The servant of The Void pushed open the doors of the Bannered Mare abruptly. His dark, metal boots clapped against the wooden floor as he stepped in slowly towards the central fire. Drazker stood out like a sore thumb in his armor, amongst all the peasants. An unyielding gaze permeated the very soul of each patron that had dared look upon him in a questioning manner.

rizen

A to the K homeboy
    Glancing over his shoulder, Riz deftly slaps both hands down on the bar counter and raises from his seat.
    "About time Drazker!...I can see you're still as stealthful as ever!" he jests but still unable to mask his caution.
    "Would you care to take a seat? That is, if you can sit in that...where did you ever find a suit like that anyway?"
    Riz had traded in many places and this wasn't on the shelf.

Drazker

Son of Sithis
    Completely dumbfounded by the greeting, Drazker thinks to himself, "I have not yet given my name to any mortal and yet this one-... This one-....."

The automatous being simply gives a nod before stepping over to the curious stranger, still extremely puzzled. Drazker again thinks to himself, "he must be some sort of mage-... I can always dispatch him to The Void should he impede my mission."

Drazker, instead of sitting, simply stands next to Riz in front of the counter, his empty helm staring into his face.

rizen

A to the K homeboy
    Feeling awkward and somewhat miniscule in Drazker's presence, Riz draws himself to his full height only to confirm this guy is BIG! *aye, this isn't working out as well as intended* he thinks to himself.
    He fights off the impulse to yell into Drazker's helmet just to confirm if an echoe will resound...erk
    "Don't eat me, big guy" he pleads..."Here, have a potatoe" :)

Riz recalls in dismay, that letting his mouth run before his mind hasn't been as tactful as the voices tell him...
    "Shhhh shhhh shhhh...." he begins to coo at himself *why can't i stop smiling!?!*
    He had repressed an underlying truth and reason to his heart still beating.
    "It...is silenceeeee...my brother"

Drazker

Son of Sithis
    Drazker grabs the potato and tosses it into his helm through the mouth-piece. No noise is heard; no chewing nor the potato hitting any armor were it to fall is detected by ear. But when Drazker hears the being say one of the set passwords to a Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary, happiness washes upon the Dread Son.

Drazker leans in towards Riz, his empty helm still staring directly into his face. Suddenly, a friendly, deep, bass voice, sounding like a Redguard, echoes from the helm.

"What did you say?"

Drazker

Son of Sithis
    Drazker gives a nod and turns around. He begins to leave the Tavern, but not before the Redguard voice echoes out once more, "see you at home!"

Gorthal

Gorthal stepped tentatively into the Bannered Mare, a cozy inn filled with the clamor of many voices. He had been away from civilization for too long and had turned up to Whiterun bare-chested until a Khajit merchant sold him a simple tunic, something which he was most grateful for. Pacing towards the bar, he sat awkwardly at the stool and leaned in to the Nord woman in front of him. "May I purchase a bottle of wine, a salmon steak and a loaf of bread please?" His tongue warbled uncomfortably over the words; he had not spoken to anyone for a long time. The bartender, who introduced herself as Hulda, smiled kindly and slid his order to Gorthal. "Would you like a bed for the night too sir? It's only ten Septims a night." Gorthal thought it over, he had a modest amount of money from his previous profession in the stronghold of Dushnikh-Yal. After his banishment, Gorthal had left with his savings, a total of five hundred Septims. Nodding in answer to Hulda's question, he slid over thirty Septims to pay for his order and rent.

An hour later, Gorthal slid his empty plate back to Hulda. He had taken his time munching on the meal, especially savoring the wine for he had not had any in months. Working up his voice, Gorthal inquired of Hulda about work, he had figured that he needed a stable income to pay for his expenses. Hulda looked thoughtful and answered, "Well, you could always chop some wood for me to feed the fires. I'll pay you five Septims per piece of firewood or, if you're up to it, you could take a look at some bounty hunting. Here, the Jarl's men came by and left this a while ago." With that, she slid a bounty letter over to Gorthal. He read slowly, for lack of practice and nodded his thanks to the Nord. Climbing the his feet, Gorthal made for bed, already fantasizing about the warmness of the blankets.

Deondrey

It was well known that curiosity killed the Khajiit. Well, she was no Khajiit. The Argonian had gone no further from the Bannered Mare when she was passed by a hulking, ominous figure, causing her--in all her stoic demeanor and seriousness--to do a double take from beneath her shadowy hood. She stopped on the road and turned about, watching as the heavily-clad monstrosity disappeared into the very inn from which she came. She gripped the bag in her hand tightly as her thoughts raced. Oh, what could it hurt to see what this interesting... fellow was all about?

Once again the reptile made her way back to the 'Mare, casually tying off the bag to the loose belt around her waist, seemingly unaware, or uncaring, that the bag was still stained with blood.

She slowly pushed through the door and entered the inn snout-first, looking quickly yet cautiously for the brute of a being. When she spied him already heading back to the entryway, she quickly slid inside and over to the nearest corner of the inn. She bowed her hooded head and feigned interest in any of the 'Mare's patrons or their activities, but her golden eyes could not leave that empty, soulless face.

rockstar14

James pushed open the door, and entered the inn. He put down the hood of his cloak, and ran his hand through his shoulder length dreadlocks. Looking around, he saw a large group of people gathered around the bar.
    "Greeting friends!" He said, walking towards them. "Bartender, a drink if you may!" He called out.