• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
No. Tested this using the console commands to measure damage and with 10 attacks to each body part with a bow there was no discernible difference in damage delivered.

Khazrihl

No. Tested this using the console commands to measure damage and with 10 attacks to each body part with a bow there was no discernible difference in damage delivered.

I'm sure you did, but I'm just making sure:

Did you test against different opponents, and did you keep any helmets they may have had in mind?

Only reason I ask is because the 'talk page' on UESP, our fellow players haven't came to a 100% agreement. Also, I'm thinking that since we have soooo many different and evolving bugs, some players it may be working for, others not.

Summary: I don't know either way, just throwing some thoughts into the thread.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Today I tested against 2 Giants, 2 Trolls, 2 Windhelm Guards, 2 NPC's with armor but no helmet, and 2 Draugr Deathlords running 20 hits to head, body, arm and leg (arrow in the knee! ;)). The damage was always almost exactly the same for every body part and the variance, which was less than a point of damage, was often on the same body part. These were all done from the same saved position against the same target with the same character stats, apparel and bow.

I just posted to the UESP Wiki discussion page to pass on this information.