• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, thanks for visiting our fan fiction section. You should only write stories that aren't related to your character's encounters, if you wish to write a story about your character please post an entry in your blog.

Before reading or writing a story, please make sure to read this thread. Thanks, Guest, and we hope you enjoy this section.

Skyrimosity

I apologize to everyone for the lack of updates to this Fan-fic. I will get to writing on it again when I have the time (because the idea for it still lives inside me!)

Skyrimosity

Chapter 3: Journey to Winterhold​
Edwyn was all but running along the road to Winterhold, wanting to kill the ice wraith as quickly as possible so he could join the Stormcloaks. He was running through the cold, the snow, the bleak and barren wasteland area of Skyrim. But he didn't know one thing. He didn't know what he was running from. He was running from uncertainty, self-doubt, and a simple life-style to a new future whose path had yet to be determined.​
He wasn't very close to Winterhold when he saw a battle occurring in the country-side between Stormcloaks and Imperials. They were very small groups of only 4 or so men, but they all fought with such a fire inside of their souls. Edwyn watched gleefully as the Stormcloaks ended the lives of the Imperials, becoming more assured he had made the right decision. He began walking down the road, unsure of where exactly he was. He tried to look at his map, which had been given to him by his parents many years ago, but the darkness of the cloud covered sky prevented him from reading the map.​
He had only been walking a few more minutes when he heard a growl come from close by. Edwyn barely got his head turned as a Sabre Cat began running at him. He quickly bound a sword into his right hand and prepared. As the beast jumped at him, Edwyn thrust his sword into its skull. The magnificent beast fell onto the ground dead as blood poured out of its forehead. His blood was rushing through his body as he found out he enjoyed the thrill of surviving the attacks of a predator. "Now imagine how good it will feel when I am defending these lands from those Thalmor scum!" He had only thought that but the thought soon began repeating itself throughout his mind.​
The rest of the walk to Winterhold was uneventful. The snow and cold persisted but Edwyn did not pay it much thought. He entered into Winterhold and noticed the night would soon be upon Tamriel again. He walked to the Tavern just in time to catch some sort of commotion. The door flew open as a Nord threw a mage out. "AND STAY OUT!" the huge Nord shouted.​
"But I left my spell tome on the counter!" said the mage. A moment later, a book came flying out the door and hit the mage directly in the face causing him to fly feet back into the snow. Edwyn approached the mage. He said to the strange mage "What was that about?"​
The mage responded. "Those... them there... ummm.... Nords just hate us mages having a good time! Why can't not a mage be got drunken 'round this city?" Edwyn could smell the alcohol on the man's breath.​
Edwyn thought to ask one question. "What is your name sir?"​
The mage quickly responded. "I am known by the way I am introduced to people. As this is how I was introduced to you, I suppose you could call me Drunken Mage."​
Edwyn let out a jovial laugh. "Well then, Drunken Mage, could you loan me a few Septims so that I may sleep at the inn tonight?"​
The man looked Edwyn over up and down before throwing a coin purse at him. "Take it. Its my left over mead money. Does me no use." The strange mage then began skipping along the path to the College of Winterhold which looked so eerie as it loomed over a collapsed hillside.​
Edwyn walked into the inn where he used the man's money to purchase a room for the night. He lay in his bed and thought about the events of the day, especially the small skirmish between he and the sabre cat, before drifting to sleep.​