• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

scheezy

am i doing something wrong? i'm closing in on 90 hours of gametime and only closing in on level 33. i have nearly all of the achievements (37), though i'm saving the final act of the main quest (something like 6 quests) until i'm finished with all guilds/daedric questlines. once i've returned the theives guild to former glory i'll be completely finished with all of the guilds (not including misc-quests).

i'm asking this because i've seen many of you players around the same level but very early in the game. i do plenty of exploring, and just so you may be able to compare my game with your own, here are my quest stats.

quest completed - 95
misc quests - 71
main quest - 13
side quests - 17
companions - 6
college - 8
theive's - 16
brotherhood - 19
civil war - 9
daedric - 6
questlines - 4

scheezy

that sounds about right chezzy, i may be a few levels lower than that by 110 hours, but that at least makes me feel better.

i was thinking maybe some people exploited the smith/enchant/other skills and in turn raised their level early on, which i never did, but may do for smithing soon.

Touchstone

I'm level 40 at around 84 hours, but I also have The Lover Stone activated. I tend to also use trainers whenever I find them, and go through bouts of smithing/alchemy/enchanting.

3v3r

I have scale-itch... Don't ask how I got it.
I'm lvl. 40 and I'm about to hit 90 hrs. I do smith but I don't use it as an exploit. I hit 100 miscellaneous complete at around lvl.30
Your not doing bad maybe your too spread out in your use of skills.

3v3r

I have scale-itch... Don't ask how I got it.
I'm on 360 but when i save/load the previous save has that info on it.
Under the name of the place I'm at.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
What difficulty level setting are you using? I can't remember where someone posted the information, and I don't know if it is true, but they said that at higher difficulty level settings you get less of an increase on your experience bar for each skill point gained.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Okay I did some more reading on the leveling system and skill points. Each skill point gives you progressively more experience points for each point gained, e.g. if you go from 20 to 21 in skill points you get 21 xp and if you go from 30 to 31 you get 31 xp.

If you spend time grinding non-combat skills like smithing, enchanting and alchemy you should level significantly faster over time as it takes longer to raise combat skills by doing quests and the main storyline than it does to spam create smithed items, enchanted items and potions.

In general it would be more informative if you posted your skill stats rather than your quest achievements because afaik completing quests do not give any xp. Only skill point increases grant xp.