PC Markath Guards wont give up. Glitch, Help is needed.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

TeggyGoneMad

Found this on The Elder Scrolls Wiki:
"Xbox 360 and PC: It is possible that after completing this quest, guards will still try to arrest you for murder and conspiracy against Markarth. If this happens, hit the B button, and he will stop talking to you. (Confirmed)"
"Xbox 360: It is possible that after completion of this quest, guards will reapeatedly attempt to arrest you; the option to go to jail results in the conversation starting over, and pressing "B" will only result in the guards becoming hostile towards the PC. It is possible to act within the city as you can exit the conversation after submitting to arrest without the guards becoming hostile, however, guards will still initiate the conversation after a short period of time. Interaction with NPC's will turn guards hostile. (Confirmed)"
maybe this will help.

I have the same bug, well that and some few others as under sea frost bears and bugged book cases eating my books, as backwards flying dragons, just a few of them i can live with, but this one in markarth is pissing me off, as if i was only to fight a few guards entering the city fine, but in higher lvl the guards are multified, and well its takes me longer to kill all the guards, than it takes to take down Ancient dragon, its kinder hard to make all the quest in the game, as you need to talk to the jarl, he attacks me to. and all his bloody npcs, pressing b, dose nothing, if i go out of dialog they just attack me... Really looking for a pacth or a better fix

Rena

Its Bethesda. I wouldnt hold my breath if I were you

MaD23X69

This glitch is simple to explain, but I have no idea how to fix it. Whenever I got to Markarth the guards say the "You have committed crimes against Markarth, conspiracy, yatta yatta" from the Forsworn Conspiracy Quest-line. The thing is, I've completed that quest-line. I escaped with the prisoners, and the quest says that the forsworn have taken responsibility for my crimes. When I Submit to be taken into prison, nothing happens. I don't teleport to the prison, instead the conversation of what crimes have I committed question comes up. So does anyone know how to fix this rather annoying bug that keeps me from going to markath safely?

i did the same thing last night, i found a way round it tho at long last. i was considering slaughtering everyone in the town lol. i activated the liberate markarth quest (the one where u blackmail the jarl) and just run past every guard. once i got in the guys room within the 'underforge' i closed the door and quickly (and rather rudely) woke him up and it gave me the option to blackmail him. guards will attack while ur tlking but u recieve no damage while he tlks. afta tht i legged it outta twn and liberated it. now the storm cloaks are roaming the twn i have no bounty.

hope tht helps :)

MaD23X69

I am actually having this problem in riverwood (correct me if i am wrong i just got the game still learning). My bounty is only 12 seriously 12....only a lvl 3 almost 4 and while i was doing some smithing quests after handing in the golden dragon claw, by the time i got to the 4th quest making the hide helmet, i had 3 guards walk in and just corner me then as i ran out the villagers started to attack me. These weren't the normal guards either more bigger and more armored. I heard to cycle through 3 days and it resolves the issue but it keeps happening i also hear its a glitch. I got to hand in the quest in whiterun and i'm not willing to keep going into a place full of guards waiting to kill me. i would pay the 12 coins but they wont talk to me or give me a chance. So any help in this area?

I play on PC is that matters

its not a bounty hunter whose been chasing u is it? they wear full armour suits (plops usually) but these are harder then regular guards. make sure u take the bounty paper in his pocket as a memory :D at least thts wat i did and i have bout 10 now lol happy hunting

Smacka

Sleepless in Pennsylvania
Known bug...until the next patch is released (assuming it will contain the "fix") stay out of the Shrine of Talos. There is no work around for this bug. If you click on "Okay, I'll go quietly" (ps3 version) the guards immediately attack you as though you clicked on "I will die first"...this is because the "no one escapes from the XXXXX mine" quest has been complete...

Kablewee

Finally fixed that annoying glitch on ps3 :) should work on all?

Here's how I did it, I had joined the stormcloak long before I went to markarth. I never got around to doing the first quest for the stormcloaks. so, I come out of the mine and kill kill kill and glitch begins. What I did was I did 4 quest for stormcloaks and by that time I was one of them :)

I had few quest that was at Markarth so decided to give the fix of where you enter the temple of talos and talk to the middle guard like this
but when I went there ,no guards. So, I went outside to kill some guards to release my anger lol I noticed that the guards were now all stormcloaks, yesss no more annoying guards attacking me. plus no bounty to pay ,even better.

I would assume you can still join the stormcloaks in Windheim after escaping the mine to fix the glitch unless youre going for the Imperial scum side :)

someone try that youtube one and see if it works?

vincent

SC2: DudeMan 346
why would u want to fix that bug? You have free reign in Markarth o_O

TeggyGoneMad

so i found a quest that stopped my bug in markarth, my problem is i don´t remember the name of the quest, but it has somthing to do with the silverhand, from the mines, and a house near markarth. that diden´t wantet to sell there land, i stopped them. wen i came back to markart, the guards stopped respawening and i could just kill the rest, and now there are no more guards, ofcause there is a major bounty on my head, so at times i need to kill bonty hunters, but who cares am lvl 54 so they die quite quikly

Prisioner

I have the same problem, found sort of a solution, might help some. So I went to Markarth, talked to a few guards and what not, none of them attacked me. Then I went over to Calcelmo's Museum (as part of the Quest) and there were two guards inside that stopped me and were accusing me of conspiracy, etc.. So I attacked and ran away. Now all the guards were chasing me... I hid in a corner of the city and got on sneak mode until the eye closed. One of the guards came out from a door behind me and started attacking me, so I killed him. No bounty was added and there were no witnesses. Another guard came walking by and didn't do anything. Now I can freely roam the city. Who knows for how long, but worked for a while at least.

Bertrum

Stop Hodoring!
I was struggling with this for a while, I had completed the quest but was unable to do anything in Markarth.

So I went to the temple in Markarth, found the same 3 guards stood there and they give the usual speech. However this time I chose the option "I submit, take me to jail" and they took me to jail I served my time and when I got out everything was fine.

Hopefully this will work for others

Torok

I only avoid the bug. How? But slaughtering the dang King in rags... It's not worth it to sack the city with the Forsworn... It's just not. Especially if you're a fellow PS3 player.
I've heard rumors if you join the Stormcloacks after Markarth has been taken over by Forsworn the guards are replaced my soldiers and the bug is fixed.

JClarke1953

I called Bethesda Soft about the Forsworn Conspiracy, and was told they know of the major glitch, and because of the nature of the different kinds of glitches, it is being left alone for the time being. The guy told me that most times, in a game of this size and options, fixes can usually cause more problems than there were in the first place.

Gesan

I was able to fix this by using the "paycrimegold" command with NO target selected.

I fast traveled to Markarth, then without clicking anything, hit '~' typed "paycrimegold" and hit 'enter'.

I hope this works for others! This bug is a nightmare!!!

EDIT: I retried from my save and it didn't work a second time. I've tried messing with it and I can't reproduce this fix. Sorry u.u

JClarke1953

That's great that you're able to do that. Unfortunately , I have an XBox 360, so I cannot put in any code to get thru the Forsworn Conspiracy.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts